Public interest rules in Houston again this year

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:47 am

So this happened during Ashara this year in Houston. 8th and 9th vaaz (Monday & Tuesday) which were recording of Burhanuddin Maula(TUS)'s previous year's vaaz and 9th was Mufaddal Maula's vaaz respectively were suppose to be scheduled in the afternoon initially but then they changed the timings to post Maghrib due to public pressure I guess..

incredible

Re: Public interest rules in Houston again this year

Unread post by incredible » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:51 am

more money comes from such wealthy city-states-countries, so kothar runs on public tune.

while in poor indian and african continent they make people dance on kothaar tune.

and this is what I call "hypocrisy"

Starwars

Unread post by Starwars » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 am

incredible wrote:more money comes from such wealthy city-states-countries, so kothar runs on public tune.

while in poor indian and african continent they make people dance on kothar tune.

and this is what I call "hypocrisy"
This is a misconception. Africa & India have equally wealthy abdes who willingly pay US Dollars ('janaab rupees nay, dollars, US dollars...') & for a paltry title of sheikh! In fact Africa is dubbed as the land of gold and diamonds even though not all countries in Africa have these minerals. More visits are being made to Africa for game hunting (because India has banned hunting). Even the hunting licences are sponsored by 'die-hard abdes'. These multi-million dollars earned are duly invested in real estate in every corner of the world.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 am

I recently visited my home country after a decade and noticed significant progress

My black African friends speak excellent English , drink at cafés , inter marry, hugged me and welcomed me home.

Islamic friends , as they call them Memons and Arabs or Khojas are running multimillion dollar charities and missions converting new Muslim members. Very modernised intellectually can discuss secular and religious matters professionally

Bohra friends I grew up with on other hand living in a colony, talk about the last relay vaaz, they went to Maula to give personal wajebat, meter long beard, tiffin , kurta topi, no clue that Islamic or global political issues or there is a Arab spring or that this site exists. They live in a parallel time zone ...scary. I made a few jokes about hunting and why muffy is regular , must be some secret religious project they were offended ! They decided I was a munafik

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 am

Bohra spring wrote:I recently visited my home country after a decade and noticed significant progress

My black African friends speak excellent English , drink at cafés , inter marry, hugged me and welcomed me home.

Islamic friends , as they call them Memons and Arabs or Khojas are running multimillion dollar charities and missions converting new Muslim members. Very modernised intellectually can discuss secular and religious matters professionally

Bohra friends I grew up with on other hand living in a colony, talk about the last relay vaaz, they went to Maula to give personal wajebat, meter long beard, tiffin , kurta topi, no clue that Islamic or global political issues or there is a Arab spring or that this site exists. They live in a parallel time zone ...scary. I made a few jokes about hunting and why muffy is regular , must be some secret religious project they were offended ! They decided I was a munafik
hahahaha, I wont even discuss any thing when I will return India on vacation, I dont want to ruin few vacation days.

but I am planning some thing to endorse reading of QURAAN with translation, specially to young kids.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

Bohra spring wrote:I recently visited my home country after a decade and noticed significant progress

Br. Bohra Spring,
Correct observation about Bohras, not just in Africa but in India as well.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:50 am

can safely include pakistan as well. how about ceylon and ,thailand and indonesia?

Starwars

Unread post by Starwars » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 am

think wrote:can safely include pakistan as well. how about ceylon and ,thailand and indonesia?
Indeed. Every corner of the world where there are abdes and amtes, they are ready to give their jaan and maal to their dai and his family. 'Ziyada desso to ziyada barakat millse....' is what we have heard from the khotarwallas.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:50 pm

To Bohra spring and all those who added countries to the list of Abde's 'sadri' of universe, thank you!
Let us be quite honest in that Kothar has a vice-like grip on Abdes. Thousands of words have been written on this forum and elsewhere. I need not exmplify but suffice it to say that the reform movement is but a small flute while Kothar has not only a trombone but a huge orchestra. As to the charities and other humane causes that are undertaken by other communities Kothar has very little to show for it. If any Abdes are reading my post I would welcome a factual and documented list of achievements by Kothar; whether by itself or individual jamaats. (Oh! by the way do not mention 'Aa jaman Maula taraf si che'; because that is in name only, the local jamaat ends up paying for it.) I am focussing on homes for orphans, widows and senior citizens, medical clinics, maternity hospitals, disaster relief (Anjar earthquake, Mumbai riots, Godhra and Gujarat riots, etc.). I am sure many of us are aware of work done by individuals such as Vasanwalla et al. As for Abdes being poorly-informed and enlightened I totally concur with Bohra spring. Today regional politics in the Middle East, India, Pakistan is tearing those countries apart and all Abdes are interested in is where Muffadal is and where does he plan to be next. Recently he was honoured with a doctorate in Business Studies (!) by the University of East London. And the Abde world was awash in giving him rousing Bushras. The mere association of Noon and the so called standing of the University is so transparent. The University is a 'facilitating' stepping stone for academically bankrupt offsprings of wealthy individuals all over the world who want to have their sons and daughters obtain degrees in the UK. The degree is primarily used to secure residency papers to the UK and eventually Europe.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:57 pm

modern day abdes are nothing but zombies...