OH MY GOD

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.

dawedaar

Re: OH MY GOD

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:46 pm

ok topiwala sir, if you are saying that aamir khan's agenda is spreading wahabism, please tell me how our bohra concept today is doing any good. We are told to hate certain people, say lanaat, break all ties with friends/family depending on who one follows etc, I don't think that this is any better than wahabism!

JC

Unread post by JC » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Oh My DAI .................

Whatever does not agree or match or subscribe to Muffadali theory and concepts is Wahabism or something like that, which means BAD, BAD, BAD ............

PK suggests you THINK and ASK QUESTIONS and this is inherently against Bohra concepts; PK make you think of CREATOR GOD, ONE GOD, which is again against the principles of Bohraism; don't these abdes/amtes think Muffadal is just a Manager of a WRONG GOD; hence all his calls and connections are BAD, BAD, BAD ......... oopppsss sorry Muffadal is indeed a GOD who has various Managers and Agents ............ and of course their call to their Master always goes to right number ...........

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Lets see if topiwala replies again here. I have asked him a couple of questions, both of which remained unanswered!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Actually many people are of the view that Amir Khan is a SHIA :

http://defence.pk/threads/some-eminent- ... as.283404/

Amir Khan's father Tahir Hussain's second wife was a bohra named Shehnaz Petiwala.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Some more stuff for Tirchi topiwala on his claim that Amir Khan is a wahabi :-

Aamir Hussain Khan hails from a typically staunch, conservative and orthodox Muslim family originating from the Khan clan of Peshawar. Belonging to the SHIA clan he has never hidden the fact that right from childhood he was quite liberal minded and moreover a rebel person at heart.

http://ssmusiq.blogspot.in/2010/08/my-w ... -will.html

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:06 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Actually many people are of the view that Amir Khan is a SHIA :

http://defence.pk/threads/some-eminent- ... as.283404/

Amir Khan's father Tahir Hussain's second wife was a bohra named Shehnaz Petiwala.
have u checked or anybody checked this thread for surety?
coz it says sania mirza also a shia.
i doubt this as she married to a staunch sunni.
i think liberal minded shia would never do it.
just my guess, would like to know the truth

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:55 am

I have read many amir khan interviews , he always appears to be sunni , even talks of 5 time namaz , but we pray 3 it times, all other shia actors are very explicit of Imam HUssain A.S but he never speaks of him. Being an extreme fan of abdul kalam surely means he is a wahhabi. He has told that he has preserved all speeches of abdul kalam.

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:57 am

also as you rightly said he is a rebel at heart which is why he is wahhabi, as all wahhabis are also rebels.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:50 am

but we pray 3 it times,
Topiwala
You are really very ill informed about Islam , We also pray 5 times but we combined Duhr and Asr as well as Maghrib and Isha
I suppose when your Aamil was talking about Namaz you were either sleeping or reciting Ghano Jivo Ghano Jivo
And if you do pray 3 times then you are not Muslim because Quran clearly mandates 5 prayers a day.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:18 am

Topiwala bhai, The film target blind innocent followers who become victim of GOD-MEN. All these rituals are created by human being like us. The message was DONT BLINDLY FOLLOW any tom, dick or harry, use your COMMON SENSE. If you had seen and understood the movie the film makers were mocking GOD MEN who were fooling followers for the money by some way or other and not the GOD.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:53 am

Film also shows that these so-called GOD-MEN are even NOT God-Men ............ aka Managers ............ it clearly tells us that these are the Managers and Agents on NON-GOD, so to sum it up it gives message to not to follow these NON-GOD-MEN.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 pm

TOPIWALA'S FRIENDS OUT IN FULL FORCE .........

Protests Against Movie ‘PK’ Turn Ugly; Bajrang Dal Vandalizes Cinemas

AHMEDABAD — Wielding batons and iron rods, nearly two dozen Bajrang Dal activists today vandalized theaters screening Aamir Khan blockbuster PK here for making “fun” of Hindu Gods and godmen as protests were also reported from Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal, reported PTI.

Angry at the theater owners ignoring the ‘diktat’ not to screen the movie that has raised the hackles of a plethora of Hindu organisations, volunteers of the outfit descended on City Gold Multiplex and Shiv theater on Ashram Road, smashing glass panes at ticket windows to smithereens and tearing down posters.

By the time police arrived, the raiders had vanished.

“We are yet to identify the persons behind these attacks, which took place at around 10 am. We learned that the miscreants vandalized the ticket windows of both these theaters. We are now collecting CCTV footages to identify the persons. Theater owners are in the process of lodging a case against the unidentified vandals,” Dy Commissioner of Police Virendra Singh Yadav, said.

Though the police did not name Bajrang Dal men as perpetrators, the right-wing organisation claimed responsibility and warned of similar protests in coming days if theater owners did not obey their command.

“Around 15 to 20 of our members today went to these theaters, which are screening Aamir’s movie PK. I am warning other theaters to stop the screening, otherwise, we will intensify our protest in the city in coming days,” said city Bajrang Dal chief Jwalit Mehta, who led the attack.

Claiming that the Aamir starrer had hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by making “fun” of their gods and devotees, Mehta said he had called up theatre owners in the city yesterday and asked them to stop its screening. “They, however, ignored our warning,” he said.

“Since they underestimated us and ignored our warning, we went to these theaters today to show them what we can do. I want to warn them that if they don’t stop the screening, we will not hesitate to take extreme steps in coming days,” he said.

“If his (Aamir’s) intention was right, then why the movie didn’t show anything about his own religion Islam? Why only Hindu gods are depicted in bad light?” Mehta asked.

The versatile actor has already trashed accusations of him having “insulted” the Hindu religion because he was a Muslim, saying, “We respect all religions. All my Hindu friends have seen the film and they have not felt the same”.

“Even Raju (Hirani) is Hindu, so is Vinod (Chopra) and so is Abhijat (Joshi). In fact 99 per cent of the crew was Hindu. No one would have done such a thing,” the actor said, referring to the director, producer and the scriptwriter of the film

Activists of the hardline Hindu outfit also staged a protest outside Jyoti Talkies in Bhopal where the film, which has grossed over Rs 200 crore within days of its release, was being screened. However, there was no report of any violence.

http://caravandaily.com/portal/protests ... s-cinemas/

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:30 am

SBM wrote:
but we pray 3 it times,
Topiwala
You are really very ill informed about Islam , We also pray 5 times but we combined Duhr and Asr as well as Maghrib and Isha
I suppose when your Aamil was talking about Namaz you were either sleeping or reciting Ghano Jivo Ghano Jivo
And if you do pray 3 times then you are not Muslim because Quran clearly mandates 5 prayers a day.
i know we combine so its 3 times not 5, wahhabis \progressives and co may be praying 5 times but we pray 3 times.

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 am

GM,
Also in the news it is alleged that AMir khan may have connections to terrorism AND that he is funding wahhabi activities through his satya meva jayate programme:
http://pakistannewsurdu.com/indian-lead ... terrorist/

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:41 am

since when pakistani paper became so trustworthy topi?
they also alleged india funded taliban to kill peshawar students

JC

Unread post by JC » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:27 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:since when pakistani paper became so trustworthy topi?
they also alleged india funded taliban to kill peshawar students
Kothari goons will sleep with anybody who agrees and/or does their work ............... in India they are in bed with Modi and Hindu Nationalists, in Pakistan they are in bed with MQM (in Karachi where majority of sheep exist) .............. these Topiwala have ONE-TRACK mind (if AT ALL they have one .. :wink: )

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:45 pm

topiwala wrote:GM,
Also in the news it is alleged that AMir khan may have connections to terrorism AND that he is funding wahhabi activities through his satya meva jayate programme:
http://pakistannewsurdu.com/indian-lead ... terrorist/
Even if we take your argument seriously then too the wahabi funding is done by the producers of Satya Meva Jayate programme which is Reliance Foundation owned by Mukesh Ambani and NOT Amir Khan as he is just an anchor and not the producer !!

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:32 am

foolish topi
hehe its only "wahhabis" who rattle the hornets nest , by your logic even the prophet pbuh was a "Wahhabi" and so his ahlebayt.
The "wahhabis" are the only people (like you rightly observed in this forum) who fight and struggle against oppression from the biggest opression(Shrik) to the mundane opression like what the reformists are doing.

We are proud to be "wahhabi" the way you see it. Happy wahhabiing. Your rants only make our resolve stronger then ever.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:52 pm

An article relevant to the subject under discussion :-

India's $30 Billion Religious And Spirituality Market.

The religious in India take leap of faith in tech

India's $30 billion religious and spirituality market is full of gurus, temples and pilgrimages, and now tech entrepreneurs are set to take a leap of faith.

Three years ago, on a visit to the Karni temple during the 'Navratri' festival, 26-year-old engineer Goonjan Mall discovered a problem: for many, the difficulty of getting 'prasad' ruined the religious experience.

Prasad is a food offering made to Hindu Gods and distributed amongst devotees who seek divine blessing. At many Indian temples the devotee experience is spoiled by long queues, pestering touts, crowd mismanagement and the recycling of 'prasad.'

Mall came up with a solution: online ordering. "The idea that religion must be simplified and technology was the perfect tool came in a flash," he said.

The senior analyst at Bain & Company quit his job and launched OnlinePrasad.com - a website that enables devotees to get prasad from more than 50 temples delivered to their homes. They can also organize a pooja - a prayer ritual - at any temple and buy any of the 300 religious symbols and products.

Onlineprasad.com now boasts over 2,500 daily visitors, has 120,000 Facebook followers, backing from angel investors and mentoring from startup accelerator Morpheus.

Bringing faith and technology together

As India's religious market grows entrepreneurs are using technology to tap into niche segments and differentiate themselves from competitors.

Online portals like Onlineprasad.com are aimed at the multi-billion dollar market that has been traditionally exploited by spiritual gurus and religious trusts, offering customized pilgrimages, rites and rituals and personal accessories.

ProudUmmah.com, for instance, focuses on Islamic pilgrimages to Mecca. Launched by ex-Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL - News) employee Abid Khan in Hyderabad, the site sells kits designed for the pilgrimage, provides information on associated rites and rituals and facilitates travel through a network of over 1,200 registered agents.

"The hajj and Umrah market is growing at 6-7 percent a year and more than 7 million people take the pilgrimage every year, yet it was so hard to get the products or even information at one place," said Khan.

ProudUmmah.com closed over 800 orders in less than two years and enquires are growing. In 2012, it was voted the best internet startup by Silicon India.

Shubhpuja.com, another online portal, extends beyond religion offering astrology, numerology and vaastu consultations. The site was launched by Saumya Vardhan after a stint as technology consultant at KPMG and Ernst & Young . She now employs over 30 religious studies post-graduates and doctorate holders in a bid to bring top talent to the disorganized market.

"There is a need in the market for a more scientific and fact-based interpretation of religious and cultural tradition. We fill that gap," says Vardhan.

"Our vision is to bring standards of processes and pricing into the religion and spirituality market," said Vardhan, noting that practitioners were charging arbitrary rates when she began putting together her business model. Shubhpuja.com introduced a standard product pricing model.

With 40 million people in India expected to transact online, early movers like OnlinePrasad, ProudUmmah and ShubhPuja have a first-mover advantage.

Investment opportunity

Investors also see an attractive proposition in the religion market.

"Here is a market that is both recession-proof and price inelastic. Unlike other sectors it is not cyclical because people resort to faith in good times and bad times. Also nobody negotiates with God!" said K Ganesh, an entrepreneur and early investor in OnlinePrasad.

"Religion is the most viral business in India and we are invested not just in terms of money but getting the right product out, setting pricing to service standards and connecting the dots between technology, resources and facilities that enable believers to reach out to their faith," said Nandini Guglani, co-founder of Morpheus, which invested $10,000 seed money into OnlinePrasad.

Challenges remain

While success has come quickly challenges remain.

The religious market demographic is largely composed of elderly people that are not tech-savvy; reaching them is difficult. Location is another issue as many clients live in villages and second and third-tier cities.

However, entrepreneurs are unfazed.

OnlinePrasad uses SMS messaging to receive orders and market their products. For those without credit cards, it introduced payments at local banks and a drop ship model. ProudUmmah also refocused its international strategy to a more homebound one, given booming traffic from India.

"The challenge will always be to be innovative, move fast and stay ahead of the curve but the early success of disruptive technology in e-commerce in India suggests that the market is ripe for niche categories like spirituality," said Ganesh.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/relig ... 18691.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:42 pm

PK controversy: 5 reasons why the film must be banned

If, by now, you still aren't convinced enough that PK should be banned, go watch the film. Unlike most of the people who are demanding a ban on the film. At least you will be better informed, and will realise why anything that makes the remotest sense, needs to be banned. 'Cos the banned-width that the ban-seekers are adorned with, is a lot higher than their intellectual bandwidth.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/5-re ... 10550.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 pm

After outcry over police probe order against ‘PK’, CM says show will go on

MUMBAI: Within 24 hours of talk of a police probe into the contents of the Amir Khan-starrer 'PK', followed by angry reactions from the film fraternity, the state government went on the back foot on Wednesday.

The climb-down, after an embarrassing order by a junior minister, came from none other than chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, who told TOI that 'PK' shows will go on and the state will take steps to ensure that the movie continues to be screened without hurdles.

No court in the country has objected to the movie or banned it. Therefore, the state has a clear stand that the shows of 'PK' should continue," Fadnavis said. "There won't be any screening for the police to examine the film's contents. We will go for such probes only if a court asks us to do so."

The film fraternity had not taken kindly to the intervention. Filmmakers said such probe orders were stunts to buy time as any controversy eventually dies down. "It is ridiculous. Do the police have the expertise to sit in judgment on a film?" a filmmaker had asked
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 711495.cms

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:53 am

Don't worry I am glad that many people have realized the folly in the film and have come out against it.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:14 pm

topiwala wrote:Don't worry I am glad that many people have realized the folly in the film and have come out against it.
Yep for brain dead Abdes/Amtes from any religion this will be Folly but for others it is the reality.. Just look at he 24 feet long GOLAK

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 am

topiwala wrote:Don't worry I am glad that many people have realized the folly in the film and have come out against it.
Could you tell me what exactly is the reason we SHOULD NOT watch this film? i think i missed the farman/fatwa banning the movie. Can you educate me why?

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:50 am

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/why ... 150108.htm

If we don't want a Hindu version of our neighbour, we must keep open minds -- even when what we hear or see is not what we like.

Rajkumar Hirani's PK is a banal satire on godmen.

An alien's remote control is stolen the moment he lands on earth. He is told that only god can help him.

Desperate to go home, the alien (Aamir Khan) does whatever he is told -- pray, genuflect, offer money, to gods of different faiths.

The Hindu right thinks PK denigrates Hinduism. There are calls to ban it and theatres screening it are being vandalised. Both the Censor Board and Supreme Court of India have stood by the film.

A better film on the same subject was the 2012 release, OMG - Oh My God!. Kanjibhai (Paresh Rawal) sues god when an insurance company refuses to reimburse him for the loss of his shop in an earthquake, saying it was an "act of god". While it did raise protests, it did not cause the storm PK is causing.

In a Scroll.in piece, film critic Nandini Ramnath says PK is being targeted because it is successful and the lead actor is Muslim. Rawal of Oh My God! is a Hindu and now a Member of Parliament for the ruling Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party. The naysayers reckon that a film on Islam or Christianity would not have got away with what PK has.

A few facts at this point.

One, both PK and Oh My God! are commercially successful.

PK cost an estimated Rs 80 crore against global box office collections of over Rs 400 crore so far. Oh My God! reportedly raked in Rs 100 crore against a budget of Rs 20 crore.

Two, both these films don't question any religion, but the "middlemen" of religion or godmen.

Three, no religion is spared in either film. That explains why Oh My God! was banned in the UAE. Since Hinduism is the majority religion in India, it gets more screen time compared to Islam and Christianity. One scene in PK shows Khan trying to take bottles of wine into a mosque after seeing priests offering it in a church. Strangely, Muslim organisations haven't protested yet.

The films people have objected to in the past and the reasons thereof are so random that no amount of analysis helps.

Paresh Mokashi's critically acclaimed Elizabeth Ekadashi (Marathi, 2014) is the story of two kids trying to make enough money to get their bicycle (Elizabeth) back from a pawn broker. It got slammed for using an English queen's name along with an auspicious day in the Hindu calendar.

Barbers thought the term 'barber' was derogatory, so Billu Barber became Billu (2009).

Dhobi Ghat (2011) had dhobis, or washermen, in Mumbai up in arms.

Haider (2014), Vishwaroopam (2013), Jodhaa Akbar(2008), the list is endless...

If we want a democracy, freedom of expression and all that goes with it is an axiom. And films, television, books and popular arts have been used to question societal norms over the years.

Indian social reformers in the 19th and 20th century questioned taboos such as widow remarriage and female education largely through plays, songs, newspapers and the popular arts. Many people posting online against PK want the internet to remain free of government control -- why then shouldn't films enjoy the same freedom of expression?

You could argue that right-wing Hindu sentiments, suppressed for many years, are finding expression: the Mughals ruled us, destroyed temples, and this is payback time.

That seems schizophrenic.

The English ruled us too, destroying many things. But we seem to welcome foreign investment and better relations with the UK.

All it takes is one look at Pakistan to see what happens when countries start clamping down on the freedom of creative expression to meet some foggy notion of nationhood based on a religious identity. Pakistanis were brainwashed by their textbooks, newspapers, television and films into believing a twisted version of their own history. They are now fighting the devils this has created -- including the Taliban.

Its film industry is in tatters, it doesn't have a music industry and its news media cannot comment on the real issues that dog the nation. Only now are some liberal voices pointing out that the rewriting of textbooks is a key reason Pakistan is a failed state.

If we don't want a Hindu version of our neighbour, we must keep open minds -- even when what we hear or see is not what we like.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Nothing offensive in 'PK' movie, says Delhi High Court

Delhi High Court today said there was nothing offensive in Aamir Khan-starrer film 'PK' and there was no substance in allegations that it has defamed and maligned Hindu culture and religious practices.

A bench, comprising Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice R S Endlaw, said there was nothing wrong in the movie and a detailed order would be passed on merits.

"What is wrong in the movie? You cannot take offence at everything. We do not find any substance in the allegations made in the petition. We will pass an order on merits," the bench said.

During the hearing, Additional Solicitor General Sanjay Jain told the court that a similar plea has already been dismissed by the Supreme Court.

He said there was a provision to appeal against the certification of the movie.

On this, the court said the right of appeal against certification was limited to makers of the movie and not open to outsiders.

The High Court was hearing a PIL filed by Ajay Gautam seeking directions to delete "objectionable" scenes from the movie 'PK' claiming that the contents of the film have hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... ourt-movie

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Topi the idolater,

Thanks to you,I managed to watch pk and the movie as i had stopped watching novies since i changed .it correctly conveys the message of Islam, mocks the idolatry in an explicitly brazen manner. I saw mufaddal, burhanuddin and tahera saifuddin in the guise of tapasvi maharaj, such striking similarities!

I must tell amir is smart and out of this world to mock Hinduism in india and even make crores over it.

The seed of Abdul kalam at work!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:00 pm

khokawala wrote:Topi the idolater,

Thanks to you,I managed to watch pk and the movie as i had stopped watching novies since i changed .it correctly conveys the message of Islam, mocks the idolatry in an explicitly brazen manner. I saw mufaddal, burhanuddin and tahera saifuddin in the guise of tapasvi maharaj, such striking similarities!

I must tell amir is smart and out of this world to mock Hinduism in india and even make crores over it.

The seed of Abdul kalam at work!
Khokhawala
SO it is ok to mock Hinduism or any religion for that reason? :twisted: :evil:
but if they did for Islam then you are up in arms. what a twisted mind
BTW thanks to emotional Muslims Salman Rushdie and now the the cartoonist made the millions by selling over 5 million copies of their unknown newspaper

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:33 pm

It is obligatory to show contempt and disagree against idolatry , the prophet pbuh himself demolished idolatry the movement he got the upper hand and conquered Mecca. I agree we should not mock it for fun , but should show contempt , and ridicule it for Islamic purposes only.

The companions and prophets pbuh all showed contempt to idolatry which appeared to the Mushrikeen as mocking their deities . Even Abraham AS had mocked his own father's Idol i.e placed an axe in hands of big idol and smashed all smaller idols... people back then accused Abraham of mocking their idols, but what he did was made a polemical point that idols are useless.