Lets Get Filmy.

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.
ghulam muhammed

Lets Get Filmy.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Many members on the forum are hindi film enthusiasts, so lets talk filmy.

Lets start with the Screen names and Real Names of prominent filmstars:-

Dilip Kumar -- Yusuf Khan.

Raj Kapoor -- Ranbir Raj Kapoor.

Sunil Dutt -- Balraj.

Rajesh Khanna -- Jatin Khanna.

Feroz Khan -- Zulfiqar Ali Shah.

Sanjay Khan -- Abbas.

Meena Kumari -- Mehjabeen.

Madhubala -- Mumtaz.

Reena Roy -- Saira.

Akshay Kumar -- Rajeev Bhatia.

Shammi Kapoor -- Shamsher Kapoor.

Nargis -- Fatema.

Johny Walker -- Badruddin.

Bobby Deol -- Abhay Deol.

Vikram (Julie Fame) -- Mohinuddin.

Jeetendra -- Ravi Kapoor.

anajmi

Re: Lets Get Filmy.

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 pm

anajmi -- Salman Khan

Doctor -- Keshto Mukherjee

Muslim First -- Amjad Khan

porus -- Mazhar Khan

Humsafar -- Aamir Khan

fart -- fart

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:12 pm

I only wish, that I could enjoy watching bollywood movies, just like my " abde" brothers :mrgreen: .., But It's so sad, that I find them to childish, and the stunts are so cheep, and most of the movies are full of hindu ritual and their bhagwan :(

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:02 pm

There were certain roles offered to filmstars which were rejected by them and till date they regret having did so :-

1) Dilip Kumar was offered a role by Raj Kapoor in his film 'Sangam' which Dilip refused to do because the heroine was supposed to choose Raj Kapoor over him. The role was finally given to Rajendra Kumar.

2) Madhubala was originally signed for the blockbuster 'Mother India' but due to her tantrums on the sets, the filmmaker Mehboob Khan replaced her with Nargis.

3) The role of Gabbar Singh in the film 'Sholay' was offered to Danny Denzongpa which he refused to do, it was finally given to Amjad Khan and the rest is history.

4) The lead role of the angry young police officer in the film 'Zanjeer' was offered to Dev Anand but on his refusal it was given to Amitabh Bacchan and it proved to be his launching pad in the film industry.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Has anyone seen "Chillar Party"? Now, that was a charming film! However, the entire basis of the film's struggle against putting down a dog was flawed. Children fought a Minister to save the dog. The Minister had passed a bill to put down stray dogs. But the dog that the children struggled to save was not a stray dog but a pet belonging to one of the children.

That fact intruded on my enjoyment of the film. I wonder why the film makers did not see that!

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am

Yup, I've seen it, and it is charming indeed. You could fault the film on "stray dog" technicality, but if you take the underlying assumptions into account it does not seem that jarring. The film depicts a class-ridden, polarised society that India is. The rich and poor live in different universes, where the role of the poor is only to serve the rich otherwise they are totally "invisible". To keep pets is a privilege of the rich. A homeless boy is a stray human being and so is his pet, the dog.
What is touching and perhaps realistic about the film is that it's the rich children (after initial hostility) take up the cause of this homeless boy. Perhaps at that age they have not lost all their innocence, have not been schooled into accepting the realities of inequity and injustice.

sihh

Unread post by sihh » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

I THINK times comes to change the web address title from "progressive dawoodi bohras" with filmy progressive dawoodi bohra" and website should be like this http://www.filmydawoodi-bohras.com because every progressive bohra seems actors and very master in his field and now they proof talking about filmy.What's this all if you have made it informative for "deene islam" then why such FORUMS TITLE IS POSTING in this like filmy and so on.

So go to my decision and i think it is best fit name for you all diverted bohra's

GOOD BLESS YOU ALL FILMY PROGRESSIVE DAWOODI BOHRA'S

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

:D

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Let me also TrY >>>

Yahaan Mein Ajnabi Hoon,
Yahaan Mein Ajnabi Hoon :lol:

Kaha Shaam Aur Shahar Yeh Kahan Din Raat Mere, Bahut Ruswaa Huye Hain Yahan (orthodox) Jazbaat Mere :cry:
Mein Kya Jaanu Yeh (proggy) baatien zara Insaaf karna, Meri Gustakhiyon ko (members) Khudaya Maaf Karna :wink:

Yahaan Mein Ajnabi Hoon,
Yahaan Mein Ajnabi Hoon :lol:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Jaise ko taisa mila,
Kaisa mazaa aaya,
maroon ke chhodu, teri taange todu,
bata teri marzi hai kya

Not relevant to any other post.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 pm

another irrelevant post
Hey Chalti Kiya Markaz mein
Keya Karenge jake Markaz mein
Matam Karenge, Khaien gain
Aur Kiya

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm

anajmi wrote:anajmi -- Salman Khan
anajmi to porus :-

"Mein jab kuch decide kar leta hoon to phir apne aap ki bhi nahi sunta" (Film: Wanted).
anajmi wrote:fart -- fart
anajmi to fatwa banker :-

"Hum tum mein itne chhed karenge ki confuse ho jaoge ki saans kahan se le aur paade kahan se" (Film: Dabang). :)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:24 pm

porus -- Mazhar Khan
porus to anajmi :-

Yaaaali,
Aate jaate hue main sab pe nazar rakhta hoon
Aate jaate hue main sab pe nazar rakhta hoon
Naam Abdul hai mera, kya?
Haaaan, naam Abdul hai mera sab ki khabar rakhta hoon.
Yaaaali.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:41 pm

chal raha hai shandar 4th hafta
:mrgreen:

3-6,9-12,
advance booking

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Some News for the ABDES :-

1) Yesteryear Actress Azra who had played the role of Nasir Khan's lover in the film 'Ganga Jamuna' married the brother of Siraj Lokhandwala of Lokhandwala Constructions and embraced Dawoodi Bohra faith.

2) Yesteryear Actress Zeb Rehman who had acted in films like 'Aankhen' starring Dharmendra, married one Bagasrawala who were once the pioneers in ship breaking industry and then embraced Dawoodi Bohra faith.

3) Actress Asha Parekh's mother was a Dawoodi Bohra.

4) Director duo Abbas/Mustan are Dawoodi Bohras who once resided at Haveliwala bldg, bhendi bazar. Their surname is Burmawala. They have directed many hit films like 'Baazigar', 'Khiladi', 'Race', 'Aitraaz' and 'Chori chori chupke chupke'.

5) Actor Sunil Shetty is a close friend of Shabbir Boxwala who encouraged him to enter filmdom. Shabbir Boxwala was the chief production controller and also wrote some scripts for Director Rajiv Rai for his films 'Tridev', 'Vishwatma', 'Gupt' and 'Mohra'. He is now himself a producer.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:18 am

Nargis - Fatima Rashid
Meena Kumari -Mahjabeen Bano
Madhubala- Mumtaz Jehan Begum Dehlavi
Johnny Walker - Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi
Dilip Kumar (born December 11, 1922
He was born in Peshawar (now Pakistan) in a Pathan family of twelve children. His father relocated to Bombay (now Mumbai). The handsome young man was spotted by a filmmaker who gave him his first job and his entree into the Bollywood film industry. He abandoned his real name, Yusuf Khan, after a Hindi novelist suggested that he would have more success under the screen name Dilip Kumar.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 am

porus wrote:Has anyone seen "Chillar Party"? Now, that was a charming film! However, the entire basis of the film's struggle against putting down a dog was flawed. Children fought a Minister to save the dog. The Minister had passed a bill to put down stray dogs. But the dog that the children struggled to save was not a stray dog but a pet belonging to one of the children.

That fact intruded on my enjoyment of the film. I wonder why the film makers did not see that!
I actually saw the movie after i read your comment Porus, wonderful movie! 9 out of 10

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Producer Rakesh Roshan is a very superstitious man and is totally obsessed with the alphabet 'K'. All his films have titles beginning with 'K' :-

Kaamchor.
Khudgarz.
Karobar.
Khoon Bhari Maang.
Kishen Kanhaiya.
Krrish.
Kites.
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai.
Koyla.

His father-in-law, J.Omprakash was superstitious with 'A'. His films were :-

Aaya Sawan Jhoomke.
Aap Aaye Bahar Aaye.
Aaye din bahar ke.
Aap Ki Kasam.

Producer Arjun Hingorani had '3 Ks' for his films :-

Kab kyoon aur kahan.
Khel Khiladi Ka.
Kahani kismat ki.
Karishma Kudrat Ka.
Katilon Ke Katil.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:23 pm

sihh wrote:
What's this all if you have made it informative for "deene islam" then why such FORUMS TITLE IS POSTING in this like filmy and so on.
shii..

there are 5 sub-forums here, titled
1. bohras and reform - to discuss matters of relevance concerning reforms required within bohra community
2. whats happening in your jamaat - self-explanatory
3. islam today - anything concerning islam in general
4. here and now - discussions on politics, current affairs etc
5. the lighter side - anything goes here, humor, cookery, movies, literature and sundry matters.

the 'lets get filmy' is located in the sub forum no. 5, and i dont see whats the problem discussing filmy facts. are you trying to say that DABR's do not see movies but keep doing maatam and sajdas all the time?

we progressives have a 5 dimensional life, as opposed to the 2 dimensional life of a DABR, whose life consists only of 2 things. 1. work and earn money for syedna, 2. go to markaz/masjid, do maatam and sajdas to syedna and give away all your hard earned money to the kothari rascals, then hog and sleep.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:28 pm

since shii is so concerned about deen e islam, i am making a movie on the DABR's..

it is entitled "IDHAR BAITHKE UDHAR DEKHO"

in this movie it will show various scenes of DABR's in over a dozen towns and countries obediently sitting and listening to vaaez's and shahadat bayans and watching movies about syedna in the markaz/masjids.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:since shii is so concerned about deen e islam, i am making a movie on the DABR's..

it is entitled "IDHAR BAITHKE UDHAR DEKHO"

in this movie it will show various scenes of DABR's in over a dozen towns and countries obediently sitting and listening to vaaez's and shahadat bayans and watching movies about syedna in the markaz/masjids.
Abdes are making a movie too. Its called,
"Gali ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghaat ka"
It will show dogs of various species(psuedo-intellectuals,idiots,morons,jokers,psuedo-scholars,misinformed) wandering from gali to gali searching for a bone, but being kicked and humiliated by all and sundry. Some dogs finally return to their master's home, are welcomed and fed and finally get rid of their doggy habits. For the really hardened dogs, the movie ends in a tragic note with the chief dog(who is lovingly called engineer by his fellow dogs) dying by cold in a secluded gali and his corpse rotting and being eaten by vultures.

I really recommend this movie to the proggies.

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 am

^^^
How low can people go. Even lowness now has a new threshold. PATHETIC!

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:01 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:
Human wrote:^^^
Which is why i find your responce to this comment, which by the way, i too agree is in bad taste (and which you can judge by the fact that even hard-core abde's have not attached a 'like' to), ridiculous nonetheless.
I am even more surpirzed that hard core proggies have not attached a like to it. We are favoring them by telling their life story to the world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote:
Human wrote:^^^

And of course members on the site abusing the Dai and calling his family mawali and h..... zaadaa's is the epitome of culture and decency right?

You make me laugh. This is rich, coming from you.

I understand that you personally might never have been guilty of the above-said activities, but others are.

Which is why i find your responce to this comment, which by the way, i too agree is in bad taste (and which you can judge by the fact that even hard-core abde's have not attached a 'like' to), ridiculous nonetheless.

If people can abuse the leader of a community, then Mr. Engineer and Mr. Insaf and you and i are mrere grains of sand
I agree that abuse should not be used in either way.
But one question does arise from the last line of your post is, why does the leader of the community have better status than yourself or myself? Isn't he a mere human? Isn't he a community leader by mere chance, just because he was born in the royal family? From my point of view, we are all humans. No one is more special than the other. These are just man-made barriers of inequality that plague the entire world.

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm

profastian wrote:
mustafanalwalla wrote: Which is why i find your responce to this comment, which by the way, i too agree is in bad taste (and which you can judge by the fact that even hard-core abde's have not attached a 'like' to), ridiculous nonetheless.
I am even more surpirzed that hard core proggies have not attached a like to it. We are favoring them by telling their life story to the world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You should know that your post wasn't very good considering other abde's are not liking it. What you wrote in your post just reflects how much dirt you have in your brain. Such treatment of any human is bad, be it a miser or a king. Be good to everyone and try to help others out rather than plotting to torture them. You'd think your write-ups are funny but it doesn't give a good look to other more educated and civilised abdes either.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 am

Human wrote:
profastian wrote: I am even more surpirzed that hard core proggies have not attached a like to it. We are favoring them by telling their life story to the world
You should know that your post wasn't very good considering other abde's are not liking it. What you wrote in your post just reflects how much dirt you have in your brain. Such treatment of any human is bad, be it a miser or a king. Be good to everyone and try to help others out rather than plotting to torture them. You'd think your write-ups are funny but it doesn't give a good look to other more educated and civilised abdes either.
I thought it tasted quite good :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 pm

January 30, 1948

A Film by Ekta Collective
(Hindi and English Versions)

Indian national movement succeeded in throwing away the yoke of colonialism on 15th August 1947. The leader of this movement Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was murdered by Nathuram Godse on 30th January 1948. It was propagated that Gandhi was assassinated as he was pressurizing the Government to give 55 crores to Pakistan. Godse also alleged that "Gandhi was against Hindus and Hindu nation; Gandhi was pro Pakistan, it was due to him that the Muslims got bold and were able to form Pakistan".

This film elaborates that the murder of Father of the Nation was a clash between two types of political ideologies. On one side was the National movement, struggling for Independence of the country from the clutches of British colonialist. It was based on the all inclusive plural values and upheld the diversity of the country. People of all religions participated
in this movement. On other side were the communal streams, Muslim League, and Hindu Mahasabha-RSS, which based their nationalism on Islam (Islamic Nation) or Hinduism (Hindu Rashtra) respectively. The murder of Mahatma was the assault of communalists on the concept of Secular-democratic Indian Nationalism. The film is based on the events as they unfolded towards freedom and tragedy of partition. It contrasts the political ideology of Gandhi on one hand Godse on the other.

Duration : 26 minutes
Availability: mohandasfilm@gmail.com, (DVD Rs 100, + courier charges)
EKTA Collective

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

asad

Unread post by asad » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:19 am

5 movies which were supposed to star Aamir Khan but.....
5) Hum Aapke Hain Kaun: Aamir Khan was originally given the role of Prem, but he refused to act in the movie, because he didn't find the script appealing. Salman Khan who was going through a bad career phase was then signed. The movies massive success, revived Salman Khan's career, which was originally doomed with successive flops.
4) Omkara: Aamir Khan and Vishal Bhardwaj were doing a movie Mr. Shah and Mrs. Khanna.. But because of some creative differences between VB and AK, the film got shelved.. AK then asked VB to make a movie on Shakespeare's Othello and he was keen to do the negative part.. However, as soon as the script was ready, Saif Ali Khan was roped on to play Langda Tyagi...
3) 1942: A Love Story: Vidhu Vinod Chopra's original choice was Aamir Khan but because of unavailability of bulk dates, he was replaced by Anil Kapoor.. Leaving this movie was a personal loss, as he missed out on working with Pancham Da, who has worked with Aamir's uncle Nasir Hussain and father Tahir Hussain..
2) Saajan: This was going to be one of the biggest project from Sudhakar Bokade's production, so he roped on the best music director of that time, Laxmikant-Pyaarelal... However, as things started moving on, Aamir felt his character would always be sad and depressed and backed out of the movie citing that he doesn't want to gain sympathy from his fans.. As soon as he backed out, he was replaced by Sanjay Dutt and Nadeem Shravan was roped in... Rest is history as this mvie turned out to be a career-defining for both Sanju Baba and NS...
1) Darr: When Aamir was doing Parampara, Yash Ji was so impressed by his work that he decided his next mvie Darr would star Aamir.. Even the movie's songs were recorded in the voice of Udit Narayan who used to be the background voice of Aamir.. The shooting was about to start when AK had some issues with the climax of the movie.. He refused to be squashed by the hulk Sunny Deol in the climax.. He wanted the fight to be more even..