Some Thought Provoking Issues.

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.

fustrate_Bohra

Re: Some Thought Provoking Issues.

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:01 am

Since voting season is going around in India, one question came in my mind
"Does Qasre-Aali people took the pain to caste their votes?" :D

Bori85

Unread post by Bori85 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:50 am

mustansir_g wrote:Since voting season is going around in India, one question came in my mind
"Does Qasre-Aali people took the pain to caste their votes?" :D
I am sure they must have voted, they want N.Modi to win.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am

Had observed 100% of dawoodi bohra have photos of dais but few of them might have photo of mecca-medina and karbala zari. Why our dai(dictator) r not making mandate to keep photo of mecca-medina which is house of god and karbala zari. This kind of stuff shows that dai position is mightier than Imam hussain and also Allah. Absent of Dai photo indicates that you r kafir but not otherwise.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:35 pm

mustansir_g wrote:Had observed 100% of dawoodi bohra have photos of dais but few of them might have photo of mecca-medina and karbala zari. Why our dai(dictator) r not making mandate to keep photo of mecca-medina which is house of god and karbala zari. This kind of stuff shows that dai position is mightier than Imam hussain and also Allah. Absent of Dai photo indicates that you r kafir but not otherwise.
Does one need more proofs to figure out that Bohraism of today is no more a religious sect........... it is nothing but a CULT whose focus is the Dai, Dai and Only Dai, that's even after he DIES !! :mrgreen:

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 pm

:mrgreen:

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Mon May 05, 2014 7:01 am

img1.jpg

Naaaj

Unread post by Naaaj » Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:BE PATIENT *

This is a true story which happened in the States. A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint of the truck. The man ran to
his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.

Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "Daddy, I'm
sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back?" The father went home & committed suicide.

Think about this story the next time someone steps on your feet or u wish to take revenge. Think first before u lose your patience with someone u love. Trucks can be repaired.. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge. *

People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever. *

"Good Life starts only when you stop wanting a better One" *

" Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away " *

Hasan

Unread post by Hasan » Sat May 10, 2014 2:56 am

Man O Man
When without money, eats wild vegetables at home When has money, eats same wild vegetables in fine restaurant.
When without money, rides bicycle; When has money, rides exercise machine.
When without money, walks to earn food When has money, walks to lose the fat
Man O Man ! never fails to deceive thyself !
When without money, wishes to get married; When has money, wishes to get divorced.
When without money, wife becomes secretary; When has money, secretary becomes wife. When without money, acts like rich man; When has money, acts like poor man.
Man, O Man, never can tell the simple truth !
Says share market is bad but keeps speculating; Says money is evil but keeps accumulating. Says high positions are lonely but keeps wanting them.
Man O Man ! Never means what he says and never says what he means!

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Microsoft Office Boy

A jobless man applied for the position of "office boy" at Microsoft.

The HR manager interviewed him then watched him cleaning the floor as a test.

"You are employed." He said." Give me your e-mail address and I'll send you the application to fill in, as well as date when you may start."

The man replied "But I don't have a computer, neither an email."

I'm sorry", said the HR manager, "If you don't have an email, that means you do not exist. And who doesn't exist, cannot have the job."

The man left with no hope at all. He didn't know what to do, with only $10 in his pocket. He then decided to go to the supermarket and buy a 10Kg tomato crate. He then sold the tomatoes in a door to door round. In less than two hours, he succeeded to double his capital. He repeated the Operation three times, and returned home with $60. The man realized that he can survive by this Way, and started to go everyday earlier, and return late Thus, his money doubled or tripled every day.

Shortly, he bought a cart, then a truck, then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles. 5 years later , the man is one of the biggest food retailers in the US .

He started to plan his family's future, and decided to have a life insurance.

He called an insurance broker, and chose a protection plan. When the conversation was concluded, the broker asked him his email. The man replied, "I don't have an email". The broker answered curiously, "You don't have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an email?!!"

The man thought for a while and replied, "Yes, I'd be an office boy at Microsoft!"

Moral of the story:

M1 - Internet is not the solution to your life.

M2 - If you don't have internet, and work hard, you can be a millionaire.

M3 - If you received this message, you are closer to being an office boy, than a millionaire. .........

Have a great day!!!

Smiling after reading is not mandatory!!!! ;)

Regards,
Ummul

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Life is like a journey on a train...with its stations...with changes of routes...and with accidents!
At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side.
However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.
As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life.
Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize that they vacated their seats!
This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells.
Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers...requiring that we give the best of ourselves.
The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way - love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are.
It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty -- we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.
I wish you a joyful journey for the coming year on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love.
More importantly, thank God for the journey!
Lastly, thank you for being one of the passengers on my train!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:29 pm

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:34 am

I have read just the first page of this thread and couldn't stop tears flowing from my eyes. Kudos to all posters, but mainly GM bhai, for bringing such gems to this forum. I had read some of them before but they are like "classics" .. they never lose their charm .. and it was refreshing to read them all over again.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara, Japan, turned 101 last year.

As a 97 year old Doctor, he was interviewed, and gave his advice for a long and healthy life.

Shigeaki Hinohara is one of the world's longest-serving physicians and educators. Hinohara's magic touch is legendary: Since 1941 he has been healing patients at St. Luke's International Hospital in Tokyo and teaching at St. Luke's College of Nursing.

He has published around 15 books since his 75th birthday, including one "Living Long, Living Good" that has sold more than 1.2 million copies. As the founder of the New Elderly Movement, Hinohara encourages others to live a long and happy life, a quest in which no role model is better than the doctor himself.

Doctor Shigeaki Hinohara's main points for a long and happy life:

* Energy comes from feeling good, not from eating well or sleeping a lot. We all remember how as children, when we were having fun, we often forgot to eat or sleep. I believe that we can keep that attitude as adults, too. It's best not to tire the body with too many rules such as lunchtime and bedtime.

* All people who live long regardless of nationality, race or gender share one thing in common: None are over weight. For breakfast I drink coffee, a glass of milk and some orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Olive oil is great for the arteries and keeps my skin healthy. Lunch is milk and a few cookies, or nothing when I am too busy to eat. I never get hungry because I focus on my work. Dinner is veggies, a bit of fish and rice, and, twice a week, 100 grams of lean meat.

* Always plan ahead. My schedule book is already full until 2014, with lectures and my usual hospital work. In 2016 I'll have some fun, though: I plan to attend the Tokyo Olympics!

* There is no need to ever retire, but if one must, it should be a lot later than 65. The current retirement age was set at 65 half a century ago, when the average life-expectancy in Japan was 68 years and only 125 Japanese were over 100 years old. Today, Japanese women live to be around 86 and men 80, and we have 36,000 centenarians in our country. In 20 years we will have about 50,000 people over the age of 100...

* Share what you know. I give 150 lectures a year, some for 100 elementary-school children, others for 4,500 business people. I usually speak for 60 to 90 minutes, standing, to stay strong.

* When a doctor recommends you take a test or have some surgery, ask whether the doctor would suggest that his or her spouse or children go through such a procedure.Contrary to popular belief, doctors can't cure everyone. So why cause unnecessary pain with surgery I think music and animal therapy can help more than most doctors imagine.

* To stay healthy, always take the stairs and carry your own stuff. I take two stairs at a time, to get my muscles moving.

* My inspiration is Robert Browning's poem "Abt Vogler." My father used to read it to me. It encourages us to make big art, not small scribbles. It says to try to draw a circle so huge that there is no way we can finish it while we are alive. All we see is an arch; the rest is beyond our vision but it is there in the distance.

* Pain is mysterious, and having fun is the best way to forget it. If a child has a toothache, and you start playing a game together, he or she immediately forgets the pain. Hospitals must cater to the basic need of patients: We all want to have fun. At St. Luke's we have music and animal therapies, and art classes.

* Don't be crazy about amassing material things.Remember: You don't know when your number is up, and you can't take it with you to the next place.

* Hospitals must be designed and prepared for major disasters, and they must accept every patient who appears at their doors. We designed St. Luke's so we can operate anywhere: in the basement, in the corridors, in the chapel. Most people thought I was crazy to prepare for a catastrophe, but on March 20, 1995, I was unfortunately proven right when members of the Aum Shinrikyu religious cult launched a terrorist attack in the Tokyo subway. We accepted 740 victims and in two hours figured out that it was sarin gas that had hit them. Sadly we lost one person, but we saved 739 lives.

* Science alone can't cure or help people. Science lumps us all together, but illness is individual. Each person is unique, and diseases are connected to their hearts. To know the illness and help people, we need liberal and visual arts, not just medical ones.

* Life is filled with incidents. On March 31, 1970, when I was 59 years old, I boarded the Yodogo, a flight from Tokyo to Fukuoka. It was a beautiful sunny morning, and as Mount Fuji came into sight, the plane was hijacked by the Japanese Communist League-Red Army Faction. I spent the next four days handcuffed to my seat in 40-degree heat. As a doctor, I looked at it all as an experiment and was amazed at how the body slowed down in a crisis.

* Find a role model and aim to achieve even more than they could ever do. My father went to the United States in 1900 to study at Duke University in North Carolina. He was a pioneer and one of my heroes. Later I found a few more life guides, and when I am stuck, I ask myself how they would deal with the problem.

* It's wonderful to live long. Until one is 60 years old, it is easy to work for one's family and to achieve one's goals. But in our later years, we should strive to contribute to society. Since the age of 65, I have worked as a volunteer. I still put in 18 hours seven days a week and love every minute of it.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:05 pm

It is attributed to a German Muslim scholar :-

"Who started the first world war? not Muslims ?

Who started the second world war ? not Muslims ?

Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia ? not Muslims ??

Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? not Muslims ??

Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America ? not Muslims ??

Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America ? not Muslims
??

Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died
and were thrown in Atlantic ocean ? not Muslims ??

No , NOT Muslims!!!

First of all, You have to define terrorism properly...

If a non-Muslim does something bad..it is crime. But if a Muslim commits the
same..he is a terrorist...

So first remove this double standard...then come to the point!!! , . . . ."

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 pm

IMG_20140819_005336.jpg

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 am

bhai GM
what u say is entirely correct.
but this happend long before and at that time no one accused muslim as being a terrorist.
it was the other way round.
and all the crimes or terrorist activites as u may like which u have mentioned above were not fought for the sake of religion
this is the big difference
this terrorist concept came recently only.
most possibly after 1990 or so or little earlier.
and after this all the wars and battle fought by muslim were in the name of religion--so terrorist.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Sad account of the nine of the wealthiest people

In 1923, nine of the wealthiest people in the world met at Chicago's Edge Water Beach Hotel .

Their combined wealth, it is estimated, exceeded the wealth of the government of the United States at that time. These men certainly knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth. Attending the meeting were the following men:

1. The president of the largest steel company,

2. The president of the largest utility company,

3. The president of the largest gas company,

4. The president of the New York Stock Exchange,

5. The president of the Bank of International Settlements,

6. The greatest wheat speculator,

7. The greatest bear on Wall Street,

8. The head of the World's greatest monopoly

9. A member of President Harding's cabinet.

That's a pretty impressive line-up of people by anyone's yardstick.

Yet, 25 years later, where were those nine industrial giants?

Let’s examine what happened to them 25 years later.

1. The President of the then largest steel company (Bethlehem Steel Corp), Charles M Schwab, lived on borrowed capital for five years before he died bankrupt.

2. The President of the then largest gas company, Howard Hubson, went insane.

3. One of the greatest commodity traders (Wheat Speculator), Arthur Cutten, died insolvent.

4. The then President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was sent to jail.

5. The member of the US President’s Cabinet (the member of President Harding's cabinet), Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail just to be able to go home and die in peace.

6. The greatest “bear” on Wall Street, Jesse Livermore committed suicide.

7. The President of the then world’s greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger, committed suicide.

8. The President of the Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, committed Suicide.

9. The president of the largest utility company, Samuel Insull, died penniless.

What they forgot was how to "make" life while they got busy making money!

Money in itself is not evil; it provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for the needy. Money is only a medium of exchange.

We need two kinds of education:

a) One that teaches us how to make a living

and

b) One that teaches us how to live.

There are many of us who are so engrossed in our professional life that we neglect our family, health and social responsibilities.

If asked why we do this, we would reply that "We are doing it for our family".

Yet, our kids are sleeping when we leave home. They are sleeping when we come back home!! Twenty years later, we’ll turn back, and they’ll all be gone, to pursue their own dreams and their own lives.

Without water, a ship cannot move. The ship needs water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will face existential problems. What was once a means of living for the ship will now become a means of destruction.

Similarly we live in a time where earning is a necessity but let not the earning enter our hearts, for what was once a means of living will surely become a means of destruction for us as well.

So take a moment and ask yourself……….
Has the water entered my ship?
I hope Not !

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:bhai GM
what u say is entirely correct.
but this happend long before and at that time no one accused muslim as being a terrorist.
it was the other way round.
and all the crimes or terrorist activites as u may like which u have mentioned above were not fought for the sake of religion
this is the big difference
this terrorist concept came recently only.
most possibly after 1990 or so or little earlier.
and after this all the wars and battle fought by muslim were in the name of religion--so terrorist.
The terrorists of Taliban, ULFA, JKLF, LTTE, Baader Meinhoff, IRA etc fought for independence, not in the name of religion.
Even Shaheed Bhagat Singh was labelled a "terrorist"...

SIMI, HUM, Al Qaeda, IM, JEM, LET etc... these are the real terrorists

So yeah, like Qutub bhai said... go figure

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:29 pm

'The 99 Club'

Once upon a time, there lived a King who, despite his luxurious lifestyle, was neither happy nor content. One day, he came upon servant who was singing happily while he worked. This fascinated the King; why was he, the Supreme Ruler of the Kingdom, unhappy and gloomy, while a lowly servant was so joyous. The King asked the servant, 'Why are you so happy?' The man replied, 'Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but my family and I don't need too much -- just a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies.'

The king was not satisfied with that reply. Later in the day, he sought the advice of his most trusted advisor. After hearing the King's woes and the servant's story, the advisor said, 'Your Majesty, I believe that the servant has not been made part of The 99 Club.' 'The 99 Club? And what exactly is that?' the King inquired. The advisor replied, 'Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Club is, let's place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant's doorstep.'

Next day when the servant saw the bag, he picked it up and took it in. When he opened the bag, he let out a great shout of joy... So many gold coins! He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were 99 coins. 'What could've happened to that last gold coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 coins!' he wondered. He looked everywhere he could, but that final coin was elusive. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he would have to work harder than ever to earn that gold coin and complete his collection. And from that day, the servant's life was changed. He was overworked, horribly grumpy, and castigated his family for not helping him make that 100th coin. He stopped singing while he worked.

Witnessing this drastic transformation, the King was puzzled. When he sought his adviser's help, the advisor said, 'Your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Club...' He continued, 'The 99 Club is a name given to those people who have enough to be happy but are never contented, because they're always yearning and striving for that extra one, telling themselves: 'Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life.'

We can be happy, even with very little in our lives, but the minute we're given something bigger and better, we want even more! We lose our sleep, our happiness, we hurt the people around us; all these as a price for our growing greed and desires. That's what joining The 99 Club is all about.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

A young man in his thirties used to stand on the footpath opposite the famous Tata Cancer Hospital at Mumbai and stare at the crowd in front- fear plainly written upon the faces of the patients standing at death's door; their relatives with equally grim faces running around.. These sights disturbed him greatly..

Most of the patients were poor people from distant towns. They had no idea whom to meet, or what to do. They had no money for medicines, not even food. The young man, heavily depressed, would return home. 'Something should be done for these people', he would. think. He was haunted by the thought day and night. At last he found a way-

He rented out his own hotel that was doing good business and raised some money. From these funds he started a charitable activity right opposite Tata Cancer Hospital, on the pavement next to Kondaji Building. He himself had no idea that the activity would continue to flourish even after the passage of 27 years. The activity consisted of providing free meals for cancer patients and their relatives. Many people in the vicinity approved of this activity. Beginning with fifty, the number of beneficiaries soon rose to hundred, two hundred, three hundred. As the numbers of patients increased, so did the number of helping hands. As years rolled by, the activity continued; undeterred by the change of seasons, come winter, summer or even the dreaded monsoon of Mumbai. The number of beneficiaries soon reached 700. Mr Harakhchand Sawla, for that was the name of the pioneer, did not stop here. He started supplying free medicines for the needy. In fact, he started a medicine bank, enlisting voluntary services of three doctors and three pharmacists. A toy banks was opened for kids suffering from cancer. The 'Jeevan Jyot' trust founded by Mr Sawla now runs more than 60 humanitarian projects. Sawla, now 57 years old, works with the same vigour. A thousand salutes to his boundless energy and his monumental contribution!

There are people in this country who look upon Sachin Tendulkar as 'God'- for playing 200 test matches in 20 years, few hundred one day matches, and scoring100 centuries and 30,000 runs. But hardly anyone knows Harakhchand Sawla, leave alone call him 'God' for feeding free lunches to 10 to 12 lac cancer patients and their relatives. We owe this discrepancy to our mass media!

Contact Information Of Jeevan Jyot Cancer Relief & Care Trust
+(91)-9869206400
+(91)-22-24125848, 24153453
3/9 Kondaji Chawl, Jerbai Wadia Road, Parel, Mumbai - 400012, Near Tata Hospital

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Inspiring and heartwarming post. Thank you.
We as a society value athletes and actors more for their insignificant contributions whereas true benefactors of humanity go unnoticed (not that hey do humanitarian work for any recognition).

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:51 am

No one took my side of the story: Shireen Dalvi

India's only woman editor of an Urdu daily, in hiding after reproducing a cover of French magazine Charlie Hebdo, rues the lack of understanding among her journalistic peers.

The year-old Mumbai edition of the Lucknow-based Urdu daily Awadhnama has been closed down; its editor, 46-year-old Shireen Dalvi is on the run, with FIRs being filed against her on a daily basis across the state.

So are her two children, who've stopped attending college and whom she hasn't met since January 17, the day she reproduced a cover of the French magazine Charlie Hebdo on Page One.

The ensuing furore prompted Dalvi to issue a front page apology the next morning. She also wrote an editorial blaming Charlie Hebdo for provoking Muslims, but she advised Muslims to reply to such provocations with knowledge and wisdom, not violence. She reminded her readers that Islam had been spread by good deeds and love.

The editorial sums up Dalvi's personality: always willing to engage in debate, and looking at everything from both sides. That's why she is hurt that reports about her have been published in some Urdu papers without getting her side of the story.

The first report said that a subeditor had warned her not to carry the Charlie Hebdo cover, and alleged that she had dismissed the warning saying, "One should be broad-minded; at best a few hundred copies will be burnt."

Denying this, Dalvi says no one at office had said a word about the picture. The man quoted in this report had not even been present in office when the issue was being made, she says, as he had been fired two days earlier.

Dalvi had meant to reproduce the cover of the latest issue of Charlie Hebdo purely as an illustration to go along with a report. The report quoted the Pope's remarks on limits to freedom of expression, and also how the killings had pushed Charlie Hebdo's circulation sky-high.

By mistake, she reproduced an old cover showing a caricature of a bearded man in tears, covering his face and lamenting, "It's hard to be loved by idiots", with the headline 'Muhammed overwhelmed by fundamentalists'.

Not knowing French, she had not understood what was written. Her editorial says Muslims should not take Charlie Hebdo's caricatures as representing the Prophet. "There exists no image of him, so how can we infer that this picture is a caricature of him?"

Subsequently, some Urdu newspapers have alleged that she is being used by the RSS's women's wing, and is a follower of Taslima Nasreen. "I have never written anything about Taslima Nasreen, but I do believe that it is the duty of the majority community to look after the minority. That's what her first novel was about -- the harassment of the minority in Bangladesh," she said.

This refusal to tailor her opinions to appease public opinion is another Dalvi quality. She has angered many by insisting that rather than wallowing in victimhood, Muslims must correct their own public conduct. She is no stranger to public wrath -- as a 21-year-old, she had to face hostile mobs in Mumbra the day she married Abdullah Kamal, a journalist twice her age and already married. After his death, she publicly condemned as "hypocritical" the memorial meeting called in his honour by those who had given him a raw deal.

Incidentally, though she has been writing since her student days (she met her husband as a contributor to his paper), she began writing under her own name once more, dropping the pseudonym her husband had given her only after he passed away in 2010.

Among Dalvi's mentors, apart from her husband, is editor of Hindustan Sarfaraz Arzoo, and the late Sajid Rashid, with whom she worked as associate editor in Sahafat.

In the fourth grade, Dalvi had been the Zilla Parishad topper in Kausa. After her principal requested her parents, she continued studying in the same school as the only girl in her class till Class VII. She then became the only girl from Kausa to attend school in Thane. And till a fortnight ago, she was the country's only woman editor of an Urdu daily - a status she hopes to regain.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/othe ... 101682.cms

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 19, 2015 6:08 pm

A piece found on the web which was shocking and hard to believe :

Is it a mere coincidence or a timely reminder from God... Need to think on it seriously !!!

The Rhodes earthquake.. 26 June 1926

North America earthquake.. 26 Jan 1700

Yugoslavia earthquake.. 26 July 1963

Merapi Volcanic Eruption.. 26 October 2010

Bam, Iran earthquake.. 26 December 2003 (60,000 dead)

Sabah Tidal waves.. 26 December 1996 (1,000 dead)

Turkey earthquake.. 26 December 1939 (41,000 dead)

Kansu, China earthquake.. 26 December 1932 (70,000 dead)

Portugal earthquake.. 26 Jan 1951 (30,000 dead)

Krakatu Volcanic eruption.. 26 August 1883 ( 36,000 dead)

Aceh Tsunami... 26 December 2004

Tasik earthquake.. 26 June 2010

China earthquake.. 26 July 1976

Taiwan earthquake.. 26 July 2010

Japan earthquake.. 26 February 2010

Mentawai Tsunami.. 26 October 2010

Gujarat earthquake.. 26 January 2001

Mumbai Attack.. 26/11

Mumbai floods.. 26 July 2005

Now...

Nepal earthquake.. 26 April 2015.

Why is it always "26" ???
Is it just a coincidence ??

We are not just human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience. Instead we are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Ideology Is The Root Cause Of All Violence

Real prayer has nothing to do with words, formalities. Real prayer is neither Hindu, Muslim nor Christian. How can silence be Hindu or Muslim? Silence is silence. Words can be Hindu and words can be Muslim; hence words create conflict and violence in the world. It is not that people are fighting for realities – they are fighting for words.

Thousands of wars have been fought, not for any real thing, but just for mere words. For example, one believes in the Quran and the other believes in the Gita – that’s enough to kill millions of people. And both are words; neither is a reality.

Have you seen people killing each other for a rose flower or for the moon or for the sun? These are realities. But they can kill even in the name of the moon. If somebody claims, “The moon is our God,” then he has imposed a word, God, on the moon. And then somebody says, “You are a fool. The moon is not the real God, the real God is the sun.” And quarrelling starts, and fights happen.

Words have been the cause of all wars – religious or political wars. Ideology is the root cause of all violence. And now there are people who try to bring peace to the world, and again they create another ideology.

The name that Prophet Muhammad gave to his religion is Islam. Islam means peace. But the ideology isn’t bringing peace..

Who else can claim more peaceful attitudes toward life than Jesus? But Christianity, the ideology that was created around Jesus, has been a calamity.

All ideologies are bound to bring war, even ideologies based in peace and for peace. Then how can peace come? Peace can come only if we understand the stupidity of all ideologies and drop them. If we simply start living without any ideology, there will be peace.

But when you say, “This is our ideology; that we will not believe in any ideology,” then you are making an ideology out of that also. Then those who won’t believe and who won’t agree with you will start fighting with you.

I am not saying to you that you have to make this an ideology, or that no ideology is needed. I am simply saying try to understand what has happened through ideologies, words, theories, philosophies. Just see the point, and seeing it, let it drop. Don’t make a new ideology against ideologies. Just see the point – drop it, let it drop, be finished with it.

Live without any theories of how to live. Live without any ‘shoulds’ and ‘oughts’. Every fact sooner or later becomes an ‘ought’ and then it becomes dangerous. Every truth sooner or later becomes an ideology and then it is harmful and poisonous.

Can’t we live without any ideology? I don’t see that there is any problem. Have you seen any Catholic tree or communist peacock? If the whole of existence can live without ideology, why not man?

And the moment a man lives without ideology he is prayerful. Then his whole life is prayer, then, he is religious. The man who has an ideology is political; all ideologies are political.

The religious person lives without any ideology. He simply lives moment to moment, responding to reality – not through words, not through disciplines, not through certain attitudes, conclusions. No, he simply responds to whatsoever is the case and whatsoever is right in the moment, not according to some idea.

The moment one drops words and ideologies, suddenly one becomes very, very aware. And that awareness is prayer.

http://www.speakingtree.in/article/ideo ... l-violence

alam

Unread post by alam » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:11 pm

World Order and Disorder: The “Games” and “Gambles” of Life and Lives

28 December 2015
Anthony Marsella, PhD

More than Nations . . .

Contrary to the widespread myth, nations are not the sole source of massive international political, economic, and social international events, forces, and changes. It is true the story of history is often told with nations as the grand hand behind unfolding events. Reality, however, is very different. Nations are merely one player among many players shaping history each day amid a complex crucible of “games and gambles” serving many interests.

The myth of “nation” determinism is encouraged by a select group of individuals, organizations, and nations who seek to hide their wealth, power, position, and privilege in shaping the world order and disorder. It is to their advantage to function as shadow forces, often beneath the mantle of nations. Their immediate visibility may be hidden, but their influence is profound. The players are displayed in Figure 1.

Figure 1:

WORLD ORDER AND DISORDER:

Global-Power Matrix
image.png
The question must be asked: Can any nation or groups of nations control and dominate the many powerful agencies, organizations, and rogue nations immune or resistant to a nation’s power? Have the times, which nurtured and now sustain, a new array of powers capable of cooperation or contention according to their interests, created a chaotic and desperate dance unresponsive to policies and strategies of control and domination once accepted as successful? A partially visible system now exists, dedicated to the preservation of powerful military-industrial-congressional complex, cited by President Eisenhower in his farewell address (January 17, 1961), as an emerging danger to our nation.

It is assumed nations will pursue the interests of their citizens and state. This too is a myth! What is accurate is certain powerful or rogue nations with access to unlimited military have the capacity to intervene at will to shape the world order through (1) imposed regime changes, (2) invasion and occupation, (3) war, death, destruction, (4) economic and financial controls, (5) sanctions, (6) cultural and religious systems, and (7) many other illegal and immoral policies and actions. Using secretive policies, strategies, and tactics, nations can become shills for private interests. But this Orwellian dystopian situation, relying heavily on military power and private wealth, is now leading the world toward disaster.

In today’s global community, many competing nations, and their hidden shadow groups, have access to military power and might. They also have access to other means of exercising power including economic, historic, moral, religious, and information communication technology (ICT). For the latter, the word and process becomes both a shield and weapon.

I must include “protest groups and factions” because they are present, and exercise some direct and indirect influence. Indeed, responses to these groups and factions (e.g., unions, abolish nuclear groups, Wall-Street protestors, environment activists, peace advocates) often require even more assertions of power and might by those in power. In this respect, the groups and factions are players, albeit often desperate amid their limited numbers and organizational stature.

The World Order: “Games” and “Gambles”

The seductive “games” and “gambles” to control and shape world order has been played for thousands of years by individuals, societies, and “nations.” The prize for winners: Empire! Global domination, control, and wealth! Why? With domination and control comes power to impose selfish interests on conquered people, regions, and societies. A certain “cache” is also sought! Etching the names of individuals, groups, and nations, amid the famous and infamous collection of empire, suggests “immortality.” We may despise those enshrined in history, but we cannot deny they remain alive in memory — now omnipresent in Google.

Even a passing knowledge of world history reveals the pursuit of “empire” has ancient roots (e.g., Egypt, Greece, Rome, China, Aztec, Inca, Ottoman, Mayan). The words of the romantic-era poet, Percy Bysshe Shelly’s (1792-1822), Ozymandias, capture the inevitable demise of empire. But while it lasts, it is an intoxicating and blinding stimulant, feeding heart and mind with the pleasures of adulation and comforts of power:

Ozymandias

I met a traveler from a distant land, who said:
“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert . . .
Near them, on the sand,
Half-sunk, a shattered visage lies . . .
And on the pedestal these word appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains
Round the decay of that colossal wreck,
Boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

The Pursuit of Empire

The pursuit of empire continues! Ozymandias embody the tragic impulse and result. Power, its inevitable rise and fall! No lessons learned! Only the deceptive rush of visions immune to reason! Empire remains the quest for nations and their private supporters seeking protection and opportunity. Empire is no longer confined to a sovereign state or nation. There are too many competing players. Most are unwilling to yield to a single supreme authority, but eager to use its mantle to pursue their interests.

As Figure 1 displays, the players in the “games” and “gambles” for world order and disorder, sow and protect their seeds. How can a sovereign nation control diverse powers having no loyalty to nation, but loyalty only to their own existence and security? Amid their privacy, they too often escape condemnation, but they too must know “empire” passes. Privatization, the preferred policy of the neo-liberal and neo-con establishments, provides an omnipresent petard on which to fall.

Conspiracy? Of Course . . .

Is conspiracy present? Yes! Conspiracy is an attempt to hide, conceal, veil, or secrete actual events and forces from recognition. Conspiracies exist to serve special interests, contrary to interests and welfare of others. Conspiracies use an array of methods and tactics to elude attention, lest the methods and tactics be recognized as immoral, illegal, and dishonest or criminal. Recall, the villainous lies, deceit, and abuses used by the Bush-Cheney government to invade Iraq, and cast the Middle-East into flames: Iraq has nuclear weapons; we must use torture to obtain information; a global war on terrorism is necessary. With their actions, they indicted our nation, embedding us in endless war. Citizens became co-conspirators by our passive agreement (See Abby Martin interview with Lt. Colonel Wilkerson, former assistant to General Colin Powell, who was tricked into claiming Iraq had nuclear weapons (see http://fktv.is/the-classic-decay-of empires-us-army-colonel-lawrence-wilkerson-27480). Wilkerson points out the massive deceit used by a small group with access to power to launch the USA into a “total” global war.

The ubiquitous iconic “back room” of politics is not a myth! It exists and functions to maintain public ignorance, under the guise the public does not need to know, for it would not understand what we must do. The conspirators: En loco parentis! We act for your welfare by protecting our welfare. “Trust us! Trust us! If you do not, do not stand in our way!”

What tragedy! What a betrayal! What a despicable effort. This effort continues across the spectrum of “players” involved in the “games” and “gambles” of world order and disorder! The players have the political, economic, and military power to continue the “games” and “gambles.” They lack only moral justification. A tangled web of deceit!

Table 1 offers a list of policies and actions used by the world order players. It is frightening! These are not limited to nations or governments. They have become part of the options available to private individuals, groups, and commercial organizations. This is what is so frightening and dangerous! The foe and their methods escape visibility and prosecution. The justice systems normally relied upon to keep order and to protect, are part of the problem. There is an unbounded flow of mutual connections across the nations and groups via common board members, financial supporters, and shared visions of morality.

Table 1: Policies, Actions, and Alternatives (Alphabetized)

In Support of Nation and Other Organization Aims and Goals

Assassinations/death squads/drones;
Bounties for info/capture, and assassination;
Bribery, purchase, and installation of pro-American leaders and dictators;
Celebration of national “morality” in the face of evil acts;
Collaboration/contracts with foreign universities, scientists, professional organizations, and intelligence agencies defaming their character;
Contingent “humanitarian” aid – implicit and explicit;
Contingent “foreign” aid;
Control of UN via vetoes and economic and political pressures;
Control of IMF and World Bank;
Cooperation with foreign nation security services (e.g., military, intelligence, corporations);
Development of domestic crowd controls (militarization of police);
Drones(Widespread use of drones by domestic/national groups and agencies);
Drug wars. Corruption of local officials;
Disproportionate support of “allies.” Enemification of others;
Entrapments of targeted individuals and groups – persons of interest;
Establishment of military bases [more than 700 known USA foreign bases];
Exportation of unpopular American culture (i.e., consumerism, materialism, commodification, competition, crony capitalism, corruption, celebritization)
False flag operations disguised military and/or economic interventions/invasions);
Foreign student/faculty/consultant exchanges (used for intelligence recruitment);
Fund development of disguised/pseudo-organizations used for national military and security purposes (e.g. Human Ecology Fund, ONR, AID);
Glorification of war, militarism, warrior mentalities and images, machismo;
Hegemonic globalization (i.e., control of socio-technical changes and economy);
Infiltration of peace, anti-war groups, and social activist organizations;
Invasion and overthrow, including regime change;
Justification of torture (“enhanced interrogation”);
Mass surveillance, monitoring, and archiving of info/communication data;
Massive growth in government/private intelligence agencies and organizations;
Media influence and control via biased news and biased news commentators;
Military interventions and occupation of nations and regions;
Mind control technologies (e.g., drugs, EMR, behavior control technologies);
Negotiation/conflict resolution delays are now policy;
No Prosecution of connected military, government, civilian law violators/abusers;
Military occupation of foreign nations, regions, and cities;
Promotion of nationalism, pseudo-patriotism, USA exceptionalism;
Project for a New American Century (Developed to insure USA Hegemony);
Project Infra Guard (Collaboration between FBI and hundreds of thousands of businesses in USA to report on citizens resulting in creation of mass list of citizens with no opportunity for contesting surveillance. (Every mall and every store provides video and other personal information;
Propaganda to instill citizen fear, and vilification of individuals and groups;
Recruitment of spies, informers, collaborators, agents among friends, neighbors. The best spy is a person who doesn’t now they are a spy, but in fact, as they share information on neighbors, friends, and family, the information is collected and archived;
Renditions in numerous countries;
Use surrogate nations and forces to accomplish military goals;
Use false-flag incidents;
Use major philanthropic foundations to influence policy and actions;
Vilification, demonization, enemification of domestic and/or international critics;
Weapons/arms dealer sales for money, and for promoting conflicts;
Witness protection programs.
What an array of possibilities! In a world of lawlessness, anything goes, and does! We remain in shock at the destructive events occurring across the world. Yet we too often ignore these events as consequences of the protected policies and actions of nations, individuals, private organizations, engaged in protecting their interests. Millions of lives and life are lost oblivious to the sorrow and grief exacted. Protected from harm, the perpetrators of harm are engaged in the “games” and “gambles” of world order and disorder. To what end?

Anthony J. Marsella, Ph.D., a member of the TRANSCEND Network, is a past president of Psychologists for Social Responsibility, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Hawaii, and past director of the World Health Organization Psychiatric Research Center in Honolulu. He is known nationally and internationally as a pioneer figure in the study of culture and psychopathology who challenged the ethnocentrism and racial biases of many assumptions, theories, and practices in psychology and psychiatry. In more recent years, he has been writing and lecturing on peace and social justice. He has published 15 edited books, and more than 250 articles, chapters, book reviews, and popular pieces. He can be reached at marsella@hawaii.edu.

This article originally appeared on Transcend Media Service (TMS) on 28 December 2015.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Acid Attack Victim Finds Love With Fellow Campaigner

TWENTY four-year-old acid attack victim Laxmi, who goes only by her first name, has found love with social activist Alok Dixit, 26. Alok has embraced Laxmi despite the scars on her face, and the duo are now taking up the cause to fight against acid attacks. The couple is now running a campaign 'Stop Acid Attacks' and helping victims of brutal acid attacks. In 2005, 15-year-old Laxmi was attacked by a jilted lover, who poured a glass full of acid over her face in broad day light in a Delhi market. Her face was disfigured and she faced severe social stigma and was 'rejected' by the society. Laxmi became the face of women's rights struggle as she went on to file public interest litigations in India's highest court, seeking changes in law and asked government to take steps to stop acid attacks on women.

Acid Attack Survivor Becomes Face Of Fashion Brand In India
by Paulina Tikunova

There are approximately 1,000 acid attacks in India every year. Laxmi, who goes by her first name, was attacked by a scorned suitor when she was just 15. Now 26, she has become an advocate for women affected by acid attacks, and this year will model for an Indian clothing label for their ‘Face of Courage’ campaign.

“This opportunity to represent an apparel brand was a platform for me to set an example for women like me to be confident and have courage despite their physical appearances, Laxmi told the BBC. “This was also a platform for me to send a clear message to criminals that women will not lose courage even after they are attacked with acid to destroy their physical beauty.”

“People victimise acid attack survivors, but I think we need to come out of this mindset”

Laxmi was attacked with acid when she was 15 for not wanting to marry a man 17 years her senior

Now 26, this year she will model for an Indian clothing label in their ‘Face of Courage’ campaign

“The whole idea was to challenge the widespread judgement of women on the basis of their beauty,” Rastogi of Viva N Diva said

“I began showing my face gradually. Then other survivors saw that if I could do it, why couldn’t they?” explains Laxmi

“This opportunity to represent an apparel brand was a platform for me to set an example for women like me…to be confident and have courage despite their physical appearances”

“This was also a platform for me to send a clear message to criminals…that women will not lose courage even after they are attacked with acid to destroy their physical beauty”

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:10 am

Raising Children Without Religion May Be A Better Alternative, Suggests New Research

kids raised this way display less susceptibility to racism and peer pressure, and are “less vengeful, less nationalistic, less militaristic, less authoritarian, and more tolerant, on average, than religious adults

Far from being dysfunctional, nihilistic and rudderless without the security and rectitude of religion,
secular households provide a sound and solid foundation for children.

Many nonreligious parents were more coherent and passionate about their ethical principles than some of the ‘religious' parents.

“For secular people, morality is predicated on one simple principle: empathetic reciprocity, widely known as the Golden Rule. Treating other people as you would like to be treated,”
It is an ancient, universal ethical imperative. And it requires no supernatural beliefs.”

http://www.bustle.com/articles/62411-ra ... w-research

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:54 pm

So I guess your children are going to be raised as non-muslims yeah?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 am

Raise them with love. Let them learn science, maths , arts and languages. Teach them to be kind and compassionate to all the creatures regardless of whose God is more powerful.