Indian/African bohri v/s Pakistani bohri

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.
wise_guy

Indian/African bohri v/s Pakistani bohri

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:10 am

I live in US and I have observed that the Pakistanis bohris with whom I come across in the jamaat, specially in the thaals consider themselves superior and feel very proud that they are from Pak. Now tell me, what is so great about Pakistan to be felt proud of.
-There is no law and order anywhere in Pak.
-Their economy is in doldrums. Oh wait, do they have an economy at all :shock:
- All the Pakis are dying to immigrate to some western nation, specially to US
- All the Pakis like to boast about themselves a lot. Indians or people from African nations don't do this.

People from Africa and India are mild in character and never bring up the topic about Indo-Pak. Its the Pakis who start the sensitive topic and then go on their rubbish blah blah blah !!

Can someone explain their behaviour. Is someone from Pak there on this forum who can answer me.

TBG

Re: Indian/African bohri v/s Pakistani bohri

Unread post by TBG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:59 am

AoA,
I am a pakistani and i will try to respond to your questions.
Pakistan has a lot to be proud of in all aspects of life
It is a muslim country
Only muslim nuclear nation
Pakistan has a unique topography comprising on snow covered mountains, major rivers flowing through the centre, deserts, a large coastal line and ridiculous amount of natural deposits worth in trillions. Even tough our own people are oblivous to this, the fact is its there and we are abundantly rich in resources
we have one of the youngest workforce in the world and if given the right education/guidance will leave anyone country behind
one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world including the second highest peak
has produced one of the finest cricketers, and squash players in the world
there is a lot more but its for another time

As for your other questions, More indians have moved out of India then Pakistanis have as a percentage of total population so that argument does not hold. As per your comment Pakistani really want to goto US, but indians seem to be wanting to go everywhere, and are everyone does that make it a bad thing????
It just shows they are more open to going outside.
Indians are far more boastful of their nationality and pride themselves in it. I have 250 indians working in my office building and i can assure you Pakistanis look pale in comparison as far as boastfulness is concerned. I know of many indians who particularly always talk about how things are done in India and are very proud each time they share that. Two of my bosses have been indians so i know this first hand. Being boastful about your country is not a bad thing? Infact i think Pakitanis should do more of it, we really need it.

Being particularly boastful, arrogant, and proud is a bohra trait and is not limited by nationality. I am not sure what was your purpose of trying to downgrade pakistanis but even with all the millions of problems since Independence Pakistani has survived and has done reasonably well as compared to many other nations. No country is perfect, you just have to look for the good ones.
w salams

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 am

Hey friends

I thought We are …….

• Citizen of one kingdom called “Dawoodi-Bohra”.
• Monarch is Sayedna Mohammed Burhanunddin - 52nd (I don’t know how to write that in Roman Numeric).
• We have our own government, ministers, department of justice, education, security, administration, finance etc.
• Passport is Ejamat Card
• Safai Chitti is = NOC, PCC, Income tax returns etc.
• Defense forces : Burhani Guards
• City Mayor : Amil Saab
• Constitution : Misaaq
• Staple Food : DCP
• National Anthem : Ghanu Jeevo
• Capital : Mumbai ?? Surat ?? Ahmedabad ?? (suggestions please)

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 am

humanbeing wrote:Hey friends

I thought We are …….

• Citizen of one kingdom called “Dawoodi-Bohra”.
• Monarch is Sayedna Mohammed Burhanunddin - 52nd (I don’t know how to write that in Roman Numeric).
• We have our own government, ministers, department of justice, education, security, administration, finance etc.
• Passport is Ejamat Card
• Safai Chitti is = NOC, PCC, Income tax returns etc.
• Defense forces : Burhani Guards
• City Mayor : Amil Saab
• Constitution : Quran
• Staple Food : DCP
• National Anthem : Ghanu Jeevo
• Capital : Mumbai

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

TBG wrote:AoA,
I am a pakistani and i will try to respond to your questions.
Pakistan has a lot to be proud of in all aspects of life
It is a muslim country
Muslim country, big deal. There is no law order, whatsoever. Shias and Sunnis killing each other everyday, I have heard from even Mumineen that they are not safe. No respect shown to other religion. In India, there are more muslims than in Pakistan, and have far greater religious freedom than non-muslims have in Pakistan. I know that there have been cases like Gujarat riots and Babri Masjid but there is peace apart from that but in Pakistan, people might have forgotten the word 'Peace'
Only muslim nuclear nation
Whats the use. Is it going to help the poor and downtrodden. Is the nuclear weapon making Pak more civilized. Is it helping the economy ? That is a poor point of argument.
Pakistan has a unique topography comprising on snow covered mountains, major rivers flowing through the centre, deserts, a large coastal line and ridiculous amount of natural deposits worth in trillions. Even tough our own people are oblivous to this, the fact is its there and we are abundantly rich in resources
we have one of the youngest workforce in the world and if given the right education/guidance will leave anyone country behind
one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world including the second highest peak
has produced one of the finest cricketers, and squash players in the world
there is a lot more but its for another time
Thats a good thing. I don't have any hatred towards Pakistan. I would love to see Pakistan progress, have good Business ties with India since peaceful Commerce/trade is the only thing that helps and peace in neighborhood is mutually beneficial. But the ISI keeps on staging proxy war through terrorism in form of various organisation that it supports. The US did the right thing, killed Osama from below the nose of the ISI !! Poor ISI couldn't do a thing except the blame game afterwards.
As for your other questions, More indians have moved out of India then Pakistanis have as a percentage of total population so that argument does not hold. As per your comment Pakistani really want to goto US, but indians seem to be wanting to go everywhere, and are everyone does that make it a bad thing????
It just shows they are more open to going outside.
Yes, Indians also die to go abroad, no doubt about that. But over the years, the brain drain has helped. Now there is reverse brain drain. Many people after working abroad for some years are moving back and making it big in India. Example : Founders of Flipkart.com (ecommerce website like Amazon) who were programmers at Amazon.com They quit Amazon, came to India and founded Flipkart which is growing 100% every year since its inception. This is just one case. There are more cases. I have seen many people leaving US and going back to India for good. But never heard Pakis doing this. In fact, in the jamaat, all Pakis I meet tell me that, they won't go back ever. People are dying to come to US.
Indians are far more boastful of their nationality and pride themselves in it. I have 250 indians working in my office building and i can assure you Pakistanis look pale in comparison as far as boastfulness is concerned. I know of many indians who particularly always talk about how things are done in India and are very proud each time they share that. Two of my bosses have been indians so i know this first hand. Being boastful about your country is not a bad thing? Infact i think Pakitanis should do more of it, we really need it.
You might be wrong here, most Indian always talk about corruption at home, standard of living in India etc etc. These are improving though. I am not against boasting but UNNECESSARY boasting where its not required. Why do Pakis frown upon and look down on people from other countries. This is what I dont like about Pakis. I have few friends in jamat from Pak but they never boast or frown upon anyone else. I like it.
Being particularly boastful, arrogant, and proud is a bohra trait and is not limited by nationality. I am not sure what was your purpose of trying to downgrade pakistanis but even with all the millions of problems since Independence Pakistani has survived and has done reasonably well as compared to many other nations. No country is perfect, you just have to look for the good ones.
w salams
I didnt mean to downgrade Pakistan. I was wondering and just wanted to ask, why Pakis consider themselves so superior and look down upon others.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

why Pakis consider themselves so superior and look down upon others.
wise_guy
They learnt from Zadaas and Kothari Goons :lol:

TBG

Unread post by TBG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 am

AoA Bro,
Perhaps being a muslim country is not a big deal for you but to many and myself it is. I live in Singapore and perhaps it is one of the most tolerant country in the world still doesnt compare to being a muslim country. I guess it depends upon what is most important to you. I know colleagues who miss not being able to go for jamats 5 times a day and not being able to observe ramadhan, eids like we do in a muslim country and how the avenues for religious educations are severely limited. So you look at all the negatives and i like to look at the positives. I miss not being in Pakistan not just because of family and friends but because its home and its a muslim country where i dont have to worry about 10 things that i worry about in Singapore.

I do believe that it is the nuclear power that also holds a lot of bullshitting nations from attacking pakistan. At the end of the day any nation would think twice before taking on pakistani directly. Why do you think there is so much noise around Iran. Pakistan built it and showed it before anyone could act smart like they are doing it in Iran. How does nuclear power help US,UK,France ????? US has the largest pile of nuclear stock. They are without doubt the biggest terrorists in the world. How do you justify that. Did the nuclear power bring any more sense into the administrations head??? Israel perhaps?

Brother, what happens in pakistan is for various reason. The fact of the matter is we have not been fortunate with having a good leader leading us since independence. All others are excuses i think and one good leader can make all the difference history has shown. The country is great only the leaders have been biggest idiots ever. People from India are moving back because the jobs in North America and Europe are dying and Indian pay at senior managerial level and senior level now equal that in US/Europre. It is not necessarily love for country but purely a financial decision. You can look up any remuneration report in the market and this is consistent. It is not just India, everyone is moving from the west towards the east where the growth is.
I genuinely feel that you have come across the worst lot, i have many pakistanis who are not like that and i am sure your opinion would change if you met them. Good and bad fishes are found in every ocean.
I appreciate your questions and just to clarify general people dont think they are superior.
w salams

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

For all my Pakistani Friends and specially people from Karachi, please read the following book
Very interesting and second book reflects what TBG said about leadership

Instant city : life and death in Karachi by Steve Inskeep.
Songs of blood and sword : a daughter's memoir
by Bhutto, Fatima, 1982-

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 am

TBG wrote:AoA Bro,

I do believe that it is the nuclear power that also holds a lot of bullshitting nations from attacking pakistan. At the end of the day any nation would think twice before taking on pakistani directly.
Why would anyone attack Pakistan except the US. I guess the business of attacking other countries belongs to Pakistan, after US though. India has already shown in 1965, 1971 and Kargil war of 1999, that no1 dare attack their land. Indians are busy in development work unlike Pakistanis who are jealous of Indian development and wage a proxy war hiding behind ISI. Now the ISI should realize that it shouldn't throw stones at others' houses when its own houses are made of glass.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Iam no fan of Pakistan but then too ..................
wise_guy wrote:I guess the business of attacking other countries belongs to Pakistan, after US though
How many countries has pakistan attacked so far ?
wise_guy wrote:Pakistanis who are jealous of Indian development and wage a proxy war hiding behind ISI.
Spoken like the true friends of dai i.e. Narendra Modi, Advani and the entire BJP/Sangh Parivar including Shiv Sena. It is a 'taqiya kalam' of Advani who blames anything and everything to ISI, he may blame the ISI even when for his loose motions.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:04 am

Wise Guy
If you are hell bent on blaming Pakistan then do you think the Jamea run by Kothar may be infiltrated by ISI agents and they may be training
terrorists in that Madrassa to attack India. Should not Kothar close all teaching facilities and stop giving money to Karachi University for genetic research as those mutated genes may be producing more terrorist as per your theory.
As a disclaimer: I am from India and carry CIO/PIO card too and have no relatives (even distant) in Pakistan, only Pakistani friends I met are while in USA.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 pm

TBG wrote:
I live in Singapore .... I miss not being in Pakistan not just because of family and friends but because its home and its a muslim country where i dont have to worry about 10 things that i worry about in Singapore.
then you must move back to pakistan. religion, country and patriotism comes first and money afterwards.