The TNC

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.
modernbhen

The TNC

Unread post by modernbhen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:32 am

Check out my latest post - The Set-Up: Momma-Drama & The TNC

http://modernbhen.blogspot.com

Dr Fatema

Re: The TNC

Unread post by Dr Fatema » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:13 am

Very true.... many of my friends had similiar experience..... "Courtsey Jumana aunties"
Mom: Beta, Matchmaker Mehmoona Aunty has called, she knows a boy that would be a perfect match for you!
Me: Umm… Mom, Mehmoona Aunty has never actually met me.
Mom: He is a [doctor/engineer/computer scientist] beta! I gave her your phone number and told her to give to him straightaway!!
Me: That escalated quickly. What do you know about him?
Mom: He is single, beta, that's what I know. He is a [doctor/engineer/computer scientist]. He is a great catch.
Me: Mom! I can’t talk to someone I don’t know anything about.
Mom: Talk nicely to him or never talk to me again.
Me: ...sigh...

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 am

Oh boy, I hate the TNC aunties, I wonder how they would react if I keep them pushing to go and see their qabr place again and again and finally choose one. But on a serious note they have ruined more live than "match making" there are no matches and nothing to be made except fools out of all parties involved. Lots of nice (beauty/brains) girls pushed to marry mullas and finally screw up their lives beyond anything.
Forceful submission is just a huge waste of life.

786_110

Unread post by 786_110 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 am

In my case, I've never had my parents team up with the TNC aunties and bombard me. It's usually the TNC aunties on my head and if I don't manage to shut them up, my mother does. She doesn't like how they bombard and overwhelm people either. Luckily for me my counselor is someone who's known me my whole life so she's not going to suggest someone random. But I have seen people who have the annoying aunties as counselors and it's just really annoying. I remember when I was younger and my friend and I were having this aunty bug us about attending TNC, we had one response- we're 15...

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:18 am

about TNC i feel they are jumping around to secure the sawab for tying knots but they dont do justification with their work, i remember on their assurance i asked my sister to come all the way frm canada for a reasonable match with her son but when we had a meeting i found them so ill prepared and caused me lot of embarrassment, they kept on saying dont worry we have a album full of options and we will arrange a quick meeting but to my surprise there were only four photographs out of which two were found to be already engaged and they didnt update their record, now i suggest no matter even if you are doing something voluntarily but do it properly without wasting others time and effort.

think

Unread post by think » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

T.N.C. is nothing more than B.S. Only the mediocre go to them to have their lives ruined. I am a witness. Many lives have been ruined by T.N.C. in houston and other places around the world.