Zehra Cyclewala Thunderstorms the Dais' Devrhi in Surat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 am

In Surat’s Zanpa bazaar there is building 3/913 named as “Saifee Manzil” adjoining old Devrhi where Burhanuddin Sabeb was born, which is opposite to Qubba mubarak and grand masjid and Jamia Saifia on the other side. Syedna Saheb’s brother, Ali Asghar Kalimuddin, Mansoos Mufaddal’s son, Taha bhai Saheb and other members of Qasre-Aali stay in this Saifee Manzil. Zehra ben Cyclewala owns the basement of Saifee Manzil.
On 8th March Zehra ben Cyclewala organised 'International Women's Day' celebration under banner of Surat Mahila Sangh and Fulibai/Zehra Cyclewala Trust in the basement of Saifee Manzil. This basement is owned by Zehra Ben Cyclewala
A very intresting incident that took placed which shows unethical suppression of Syedna Saheb’s administration and outstanding courage of Zehra Ben Cyclewala:-
Sayedna Saheb’s adminis-tration is in great shock and surprise that how could Zehra Cyclewala purchased the basement of Saifee Manzil! There are two paths to reach at the basement. On 6th March 2013 Zehra Ben took the path facing the Saifee Manzil building. As instructed the watchman stopped her from entering, saying that “Front road facing Devrhi has been locked and you can not use this road. Zehra Ben asked the watchman “Who has instructed you to lock the gate and stop me?” Watchman gave her one cell no. 09825409139. Zehra Ben spoke to the person on other side of this nunber and said, “Look Mister! I have purchase the basement and hence as owner I am entitle to use both the road and if you will stop me I will file a case against you and get all your shahzadas arrested.” Zehra Ben went to Salabatpura Police Station to lodge a complaint before legal procedure. A man from Sayedna Saheb’s administration came rushing to the police station and told Zehra Ben “Sorry! We have unlocked the door and henceforth you can please use whichever road you like. “
Zehra Ben organized a celebration on the occasion of ‘International Women’s Day’ on 8th March 2013 under the banner of Surat Mahila Sangh and Fulibai/Zehra Cyclewala Trust. The objective of this event was to make women and children aware regarding their safety, empowerment, and their civil and human rights.
Fulibai/Zehra Cyclewala Trust also distributed garments to poor and needy women and children on this occasion. These garments were donated by Nasreen bahen Rajab ali, Mrs. Khatija bahen Kapasi and Mumtaz bahen, which they had collected by going door to door in Birmingham UK and sent to Zehra ben. The garments were given to poor and needy by Jaya ben Joshi, the vice-chairperson of Surat Mahila Sangh and ex-principle of J.J. Torts School.
More than 300 poor and needy got the benifite of this donation. To make this donation program successful Bilquees Banu, Najmun-nisa Shaikh, Rewa Ben Patel, Sugeet Pathakji, Shabbir bhai Cyclewala, jayshri ben Pachchisgar, Aakuriti Bhandari etc had worked hard and they deserve big thanks.
On this occasion an one-act drama “Aa lash koni?” was staged by Zehra ben, Akiriti Bhandari, Sheetal Patel, Rewa ben Patel and Jayshri Parchigar and it was appreciated by one and all.
Prominent speakers who threw light on legal, civil and human rights of women were Shri Dasbhai Liliawala (Association against superstitions and Blind-faith), Professor Babubhai Desai (President, Satya Sodhak Sabha), Advocate Shenmare, Saifuddin bhai Insaf (Editor Bohra Chronicle), Yunus bhai Baluwala (Treasurer, Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community), Yusuf bhai R.G. (Secretary, Dawoodi Bohra Jamaat, Udaipur), Moiz bhai Mediwala (Husaini Marriage Bureau), H.M. Patel (M.D. of Mamma Educational Trust), Smita ben Patel, Dr. Atul Pathakji, Jaymeen Desai, Gustad Wadia, Arvind Bhandari, Jaya ben Joshi and Zehra Cyclewala.
Zulm hi hai jo bagawat ko janam deta hai
(Tyranny gives birth to rebellion)
Zehra was born in an orthodox lower-middle-class Dawoodi Bohra family. Normal Bohra girls are generally shy, timid and suppressed. But Zehra was different, always reasoning and taking a stand. She joined the Bohra Saif Cooperative Society inaugurated by the Syedna Burhanuddin himself. She was soon promoted from clerk to manager. Then came a fatwa by Syedna asking Bohras to leave the Society at once. All the Bohra staff quit but Zehra refused. Enormous pressure was brought on her but she stuck on even when Syedna’s son, Qaid Johar, had to come down to Surat to meet her. A campaign was launched in Surat to excommunicate her and she was excommunicated from the community, but still she refused to take this lying down. Assertive and against injustice, Zehra filed a case in the court and won. However, the majority of Bohra shareholders voted to suspend her despite the high court’s stay order. It was at this time that Zehra began meeting with women of other faiths who had also suffered in their own way and were trying to speak out against their oppression. They formed a support group and tried to help each other cope with their difficult situations. It was these women who inspired her to persist in the struggle. Today Zehra Cyclewala is internationally known fighter against the tyranny of Syedna’s administration.
Now she has made her way in Devdhi and daringly carrying on her activities sitting in Lion’s den.
That is why Professor Babubhai Desai (President, Satya Sodhak Sabha), Shri Dasbhai Liliawala (Association against superstitions and Blind-faith) both described this a “Historical Event” a strategic turn in Bohra Reform Movement.
In the coming month of April 2013 Zehra is planning to hold in her basement:-
1. A women’s Cultural Event in which about 300 Bohra Youth women from Udaipur are likely to participate.
2. Two-days Seminar on “Islam and Human Rights” headed by Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer.
3. And in February 2014 World Dawoodi Bohra Conference ( last two sessions in her basement.)

think

Re: Zehra Cyclewala Thunderstorms the Dais' Devrhi in Surat

Unread post by think » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 am

you go girl.

askz

Unread post by askz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 pm

great going zehraben it shall be people like you and your guidance which will bring a change.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

One courageous lady. Makes me feel tall.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Impressed by their courage, and pray for their safety.
Also endorse orthodox sisters to tuck in their pride and attend themselves if possible, with an open mind and heart.

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 am

There is one Mr.Juzar Bandukwala who is seen in some TV panel discussions although his antecedents are not very clear.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:56 pm

I was in Surat for Zehra ben’s function. Zehra ben’s house is in Saifee Mohalla adjoining Burhani Hall and Saifee Masjid in the mist of fanatic Bohras where she daringly stays alone. And now when Saifee Manzil for Khothari Shahzadas was under construction she bought the basement from builder much to the surprise of Kothar. The same Kothar had made Zehra ban’s life difficult in Surat city by setting Bohras against her. But she did not deter and remained firm. Today Kothar is afraid of her.

The old devrhi where 42nd Dai Syedna Yusuf Najmuddin, 43rd Dai, Syedna Abde Ali Saifuddin, 44th Dai Syedna mohammad Izzuddin, 45th Dai Syedna Tayyeb Zakiuddin 46th Dai Syedna Mohammad Badruddin, 48 th Dai Syedna Abdul Husain Hushamuddin, 49th Dai Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin and 50th Dai Syedna Abdulla Badruddin had lived and these eight Dai are buried one after other in line in one Qubba. 51st Dai Syedna Taher Saifuddin and 52nd Dai Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin were born in this old Devrhi. But 51st Dai left Surat and came down to Bombay to establish his financial empire. Moti Masjid, Graveyard and Saifee Daras (now Jamia Saifia) are at walking distance from this Devrih.

How easy and time-saving it must be for these Dais to lead prayers in the Moti Masjid and visit and teach in Saifee Daras and Bohras to approach them.

Why have Kothar not able to demolish this Devrih and had to build Saifee Manzil next to it?

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 am

Devrhi.jpg

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 am

Reminds of Two women characters who participated on the enemy side in two great historical references in Islam: Battle of Ohad and Battle of Jamal :lol:
Last edited by progticide on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am

One the wife of the prophet and honored in the Quran, the other forgiven at the hands of the prophet himself despite being the murderer of his uncle. Imagine how much of a low life one has to be to try and throw dirt on women who are doing good work. These people should be ashamed of themselves. But how can such shameless low lives be ashamed of themselves?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:33 pm

progticide wrote:Reminds of Two women characters who participated on the enemy side in two great historical references in Islam: Battle of Ohad and Battle of Jamal
whereas you remind me of abu lahab and abu jahl. if you were living in the times of imam hussain, you would be on the side of moawiyah, drinking your fill from the furat while innocent women and children were dying of thirst.

i cannot imagine a more low-life and despicable character than you.

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

bhai insaf,

any further updates on this affair? surely kothar will not let her live in peace if she has dared to poke the lion in his den!

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 am

Surat Jamat is sending massagers to Zehra Ben with offer to buy the basement. They are ready to pay 50 lakhs but Zehra Ben has refused their offer and she is busy in arranging the next event in her basement. She is also working for a graveyard in Surat for those who believe in burial and are refused burial in there own communities.

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 am

S. Insaf wrote: She is also working for a graveyard in Surat.
KAUN BANEGA REFORMPATI ke is episode mein aapka swagat he

Final question: 5 crore ka sawaal ye raha aap ke liye.....

Question: Is graveyard mein khode hue gadde mein kis munafiq ko sab se pehle laa kar gaada jayega?

Aapke Options hai:

A. Insaf
B. Ghulam Mohd.
C. Mubarak a.k.a Doctor a.k.a Badrijanab
D. AZ

Aaapke paas koi lifeline nahi bachi he....

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 am

bhai insaf,

zehraben should ask for 100 crores to sell the basement and use the money to fund her projects.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

This lady reminds me of the song I heard in school.

Bundeley Harbolon key munh hamney suni kahani thi,
Khoob ladi mardani woh to Jhansi wali Rani thi.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:surely kothar will not let her live in peace if she has dared to poke the lion in his den!
LION ??? Duhh !!

Kothar is bunch of Hyenas, who will group up and attack the weak and injured in guise of faith and religion.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 am

do not under any cost sell that basement that you own. That is the ground from where the reformist movement will make a new beginning. Money will come and go but that piece of property; do not let it slip out of your hands. As time goes by that one basement can become many; but if that one is lost all will be lost.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 am

Does Kothar issue these names anymore to general abdes :

Ali Asghar & Zehra !!

These names would give them a little sleepless nights !!

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:24 am

anajmi wrote:This lady reminds me of the song I heard in school.

Bundeley Harbolon key munh hamney suni kahani thi,
Khoob ladi mardani woh to Jhansi wali Rani thi.
And recall what was the song you heard when you went to your Madrasa?.....

Clue: Battle of Ohad and Battle of Jamal :mrgreen:

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:45 am

humanbeing wrote:Does Kothar issue these names anymore to general abdes :

Ali Asghar & Zehra !!

Kothar is busy giving some obscure names as Behla, kinana, mehlam but has forgotten names such as Ali, batool, zahra which can confuse bohras with shias or Muslims in general.

so after dress and dari even names will differentiate.

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:bhai insaf,

zehraben should ask for 100 crores to sell the basement and use the money to fund her projects.
AZ, are you always so stupid, or today it's special :D

Insaf is right now laughing to himself. This guy Insaf pretends to not know the difference between 710 crore & 7100 crore people on earth. He is probably thinking right now, " Yo man, I'll make deal for 100 crores, give this lady 10 crores (that's only one zero less) and pocket the remaining 90 crores for myself. The proggies already think I am not good with numbers, that would be a good excuse".

Insaf, man you are a strategist. Now I know how you jumbled up the 710 crores with 7100 crores. Bingo.
Last edited by progticide on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:11 am

Yawning.

I guess it's time to sleep again.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

humanbeing wrote:Does Kothar issue these names anymore to general abdes :

Ali Asghar & Zehra !!

quite possible. very few bohras know but the name "NAZIM" is anathema to the dai and his henchmen. if the dai ever encounters any bohra male or child with that name, he immediately changes it to some patent moniker like taha, huzeifa, etc. i know of 2 instances where abde's names were changed when they were called nazim,

the reason? recall the era from 47th to 50th dai's when they were referred to as dai-e-nazim's or caretaker dai's, due to the controversy over nuss surrounding the sudden and mysterious death of the 46th during moharram in poona.

in fact the syedna since last couple of decades has also resorted to changing bohra surnames. i know of a 'patel' whose surname was changed to najmi, another 'darbar' which was changed to jamali, etc. going forward the surname 'engineer' will give severe allergies and epileptic fits to kothar and will be changed, and so will 'cyclewala'. mark my words.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 am

And recall what was the song you heard when you went to your Madrasa?.....
The last time I went to a madrasa was when I went to the markaz for Dai ni waez and namaz (which by the way, I still have no idea when the sunnah started or when the fard started. I only remember maataming!!). Thankfully, I knew the value of namaz and went home and prayed again.

The song was, -

Abde aaya note laaya,
Ya Hussain
Joote khaaya par note laaya.
Ya Hussain Ya Hussain.
Abde aaya note laaya
Ya Hussain
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Notice how the pesticide went to sleep after his own post. :mrgreen:

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

progticide wrote:Yawning.

I guess it's time to sleep again.
yes an abde is best in sleeping mode :wink:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 pm

They dont announce what will we be praying next, so I never know what niyat to recite. They go so fast as if to win a foot race. Namaz in bhora masjid has lost its charm.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:29 pm

To add one more to Bro AZ list - famous Dabbawalla family's surname has been changed to 'Izzi' ..!!

And yeah see our Prime Example, the Wali-Maula of Toronto - Sh Hamza Najmi aka Hamza Patel ... and in fact he is a pure PATEL... :lol:

And to change a name impacts one very much, a NAME which is very personal and individual to you and suddenly an old man comes (or his henchmen) and tell you to just change it to A, B or C ... dah..!!! a NAME is not a piece of cloth to just change it, this is worst form of slavery and humiliation.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Please people - Bohra 'masjids' could be for anything other than parying Namaz ..!!! :(