New Farmans on Lailatul Qadr

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

New Farmans on Lailatul Qadr

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 am

No importance on Namaz and other prayers but importance on how you dress. ONE WONDERS WHY SO MUCH IMPORTANCE ON DRESSING AND HAVING ALL PRECIOUS SETS (JEWELERY) SINCE IT HAPPENS TO SYEDI MUFFADAL'S BIRTHDAY. Now importance is on celebrating his birthday.
Question to Adam/Progticide: According to Bohras, we also mourn the death of Fatema Ut Zohra on this night so why dress up and having precious sets? Is this new sign of mourning or celebrating. ADAM DONOT RUN AWAY PLEASE ANSWER THIS
Baad Afzal us Salaam,
This email is sent with Raza of Janab Aamil Saheb

Lailatul Qadr Mubarak hawe muqbil che ane mumineen tayari kari rahya che

It is the KHUSHI of Aali Qadr Mufaddal Maula TUS that Mumeneen Lailat al Qadr maa
* Mardo and dikrawo PEHRAN (preferable new), with cloth buttons not plastic, pehni ne awe.

* Mumenaat behno Masjid ma Namazi ni jori (new) ma namaz parhe. They should come in Rida. They should also wear any precious sets they may have.

* Dikrio to attend in proper namaz jori and adorned with precious sets.

* Mumineen Manak(ruby) to recive 70 thawab praying with it, ya Aqiq (agate) if manek not available. ni Anguthi pehne ( gents in the pinkie of right hand)

* Proper masalaa for layatul qadr
* Sagla properly covered Dua ni hafti sathe lawe

* Farzando pase bhi dua ni hafti hoi.

Khuda ta'ala bawaji saheb Maula Aaqa syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin(TUS) ne aap na mansoos Syedi wa Moulayi Aaliqadr Aqiq-ul-Yemen Mufaddal BS Saifuddin Saheb (TUS) ni umar shareef ne qayamat na din lag daraaz karjo. Ameen

Wasalaam,
Anjuman-e-Husami, Atlanta
www.atlantajamaat.org

think

Re: New Farmans on Lailatul Qadr

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:18 pm

atlanta jamaat has things going on that are screwed to the hilt. The goonda committee consists of constant dirty filthy politics. Do keep us posted sbm.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:39 pm

So now we have replaced pleasing Allah to pleasing his creation.

So what tawil is to be used to explain how these superficial show offs are related to the Night of Power.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:20 pm

With the strange clothing one is all ready attracting people outside the community, Easy for car jacking and robberies.

Khuda ke pass bhik mangne jate hou tou bhikari ke trah dykho.

Show off in Masjid because Mola ni khushi chei. Please be simple. Mahmood aur Ayaz.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

bihkari ke tarah dykhni se acha hai ke show bazi mat karo. jo allah ne dia hai os ka shukar ada karo aur simple raho. phate purane libaas pehnne ke bhi zaroorat nahi hai. allah ke age sajda karna hai,saadgi allah ko pasand hai.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:20 am

Let me clarify Br think.
Beg like a kid begging for ice cream or candy, in my case extra pocket money. A day before finals. Job interview.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:29 pm

bhai sbm,

the mansoos' birthday trumps the varsi of the unfortunate bibi fatema tuz zahrah, didn't you know that basic fact?

as for this 'come dressed in all your finery' is a clever way for the amil's wife to gauge your money status. "ab dekh lo baad mein kaat lo". i know of so many ladies who lose their delicate ear buttons, or stones from the jewellery. then the whole night they are searching for it, distracted from praying, or they are too busy looking after their ornaments to concentrate on prayers, what with the repeated sujoods, gaal lotawanu, salaams and niyyats.

whatever diverts from an intense one-way communication with allah is haraam and anyone who encourages and prescribes such practices is worthy of laanat.

disillusioned

Unread post by disillusioned » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:bhai sbm,

the mansoos' birthday trumps the varsi of the unfortunate bibi fatema tuz zahrah, didn't you know that basic fact?

as for this 'come dressed in all your finery' is a clever way for the amil's wife to gauge your money status. "ab dekh lo baad mein kaat lo". i know of so many ladies who lose their delicate ear buttons, or stones from the jewellery. then the whole night they are searching for it, distracted from praying, or they are too busy looking after their ornaments to concentrate on prayers, what with the repeated sujoods, gaal lotawanu, salaams and niyyats.

whatever diverts from an intense one-way communication with allah is haraam and anyone who encourages and prescribes such practices is worthy of laanat.
Just a slight factual correction: Although I agree with your points on the silly "display your wealth" edicts, Lailatul Qadr is NOT the night commemorating the death of Moulatena Fatema (AS). That is on the 10th of Jumadil Ukhra. Her death had famously occurred on the 70th day after Prophet Muhammed's (PBUH) as allegedly foretold by Him at the time of His death.

Lailatul Qadr allegedly is the night when God, in the heavens, conducted the Shaadi of Amir-il Mumineen (AS) and Moulatena Fatema (AS) and it is also allegedly the night when Quranic revelations on the Prophet (PBUH) commenced. At least that's the significance of the night as per Bohra doctrine. So the night is pretty much a "happy"/"celebratory" event.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

disillusioned wrote: Lailatul Qadr allegedly is the night when God, in the heavens, conducted the Shaadi of Amir-il Mumineen (AS) and Moulatena Fatema (AS) and it is also allegedly the night when Quranic revelations on the Prophet (PBUH) commenced. At least that's the significance of the night as per Bohra doctrine. So the night is pretty much a "happy"/"celebratory" event.
As a child, I was led to believe -and many Bohras still believe - that the Shaadi of Amir-il Mumineen (AS) and Moulatena Fatema (AS) occured on Shab-e-Baraat in Shabaan. It now appears that this may have been due to a mistaken translation of the Arabic 'Baraat' to Urdu 'Baaraat'.

Quran itself says that the Quran was sent down (revealed?) on the Night of Qadr (Surat Inna anzlnahu fi laylatil qadr).

As far as I can recall from my childhood days - and I have seen Sayedna Taher Saifuddin in his prime -, looking your best and dressing up in your best clothes for the Night of Qadr has been a long-standing tradition. Maatam, Waez and Birthday Celebrations were never a part of it.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 am

well that was the practice as i recall too. the best kurta, washed, starched and ironed, scented with bakhoor, ladies dressed in their best ghaghra odhni, attar was applied, but wearing heavy jewellery? NO. laytatul qadr was always looked forward to as a celebratory occasion, we kids got sukka mewa packets, and after gaal lotawanu, we crept out of the masjid and ate snacks from the chana bateta wala's, kheeri tikka, bhajiya, samosas etc, as there would be dozens of vendors outside doing roaring business in such goodies. we also had our mini olympics, where we played games and indulged in some harmless mischief as we roamed around in groups.

it was never announced that people should wear so and so and wear their finest jewellery etc. the present administration is daft and tyrannical.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:54 am

The reason given for excessive jewelry by my sunni friends is that if you wear all or most of the jewelry on leilattul qadr. Then it is considered as something that is in use, thus Zakat on the said property is omitted. In bhoras case it is to guage one's self worth for future gold extraction.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:13 am

seeker110 wrote:The reason given for excessive jewelry by my sunni friends is that if you wear all or most of the jewelry on leilattul qadr. Then it is considered as something that is in use, thus Zakat on the said property is omitted. In bhoras case it is to guage one's self worth for future gold extraction.
WOW--Sunni women do not spend time in Masjid on Lailatul Qadr to the best of my knowledge so they wearing jewelry does not arise..Unless there is new trend.
Most of the time among Sunni, female pray at home with little children and even some religious leaders encourage women to pray at home to avoid the hardship on them.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Br. you must have heard of iftar parties.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm

porus wrote:As a child, I was led to believe -and many Bohras still believe - that the Shaadi of Amir-il Mumineen (AS) and Moulatena Fatema (AS) occured on Shab-e-Baraat in Shabaan.
The date of marriage is unclear and every sect has its own version. Some say it took place in the month of Zilhaj whereas at some places it mentions Rajab, I have heard a qawwali by Jani babu wherein it is Rajab. There is one more version :-

Hazrat Fatimah was married to Hazrat Ali during the month of Muharram of 2 A.H. some 4 months after the marriage of Hazrat Ayeshah with the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) (Isaba).

According to some other biographers her marriage with Hazrat Ali took place after the battle of Uhud. After 7 months she was sent to live with Hazrat Ali (Usud-ul Ghaba). On the other hand some people say that Hazrat Fatimah's marriage with Hazrat Ali took place after 5 ½ months of Hazrat Ayeshah's wid'a her coming to the house of the Holy Prophet (sallal alaho alahie wasallam) and the former went to live with Hazrat Ali after 9 months other marriage with him, when she was 15 years5 months and 15 days of age and Hazrat Ali was 21 years 5 months and 15 days old. (Istiab). Thus Hazrat Ali was 6 years older than Hazrat Fatimah.

http://www.nizamulislam.org/personaliti ... fatima.asp

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:10 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:The date of marriage is unclear and every sect has its own version. Some say it took place in the month of Zilhaj whereas at some places it mentions Rajab, I have heard a qawwali by Jani babu wherein it is Rajab. There is one more version.......
This, in the form of a timeline, is the version I have ascertained from my reading.

605 AD: Birth of Ali

610 AD: Birth of Fatima (The year when revelation of the Quran began)

622 AD: Hijra

624 AD (2 Hijri): 17 Ramadan - Battle of Badr

624 AD (2 Hijri): 30 Dhul Qa'ada - Nikah of Ali and Fatima

624 AD (2 Hijri): 12 Dhul Hajja - Rukhsati, when Fatima entered house of Ali.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 pm

seeker110 wrote:Br. you must have heard of iftar parties.
seeker110 wrote:
The reason given for excessive jewelry by my sunni friends is that if you wear all or most of the jewelry on leilattul qadr
Br Seeker
There is a difference between Lailatul Qadr and Iftar Parties and I do not which Iftar parties are you talking, no one wears Expensive Jewelry for Iftar in Masjid (there are no parties in Masjid) Unless you are talking Bollywood/politicians and Social Iftar PARTIES at expensive clubs. (

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:29 pm

You are right these are at private houses and restaurants/clubs. The way it was explained was that you wear all your jewelry or most through out ramzan. By the end of ramzan, before and on laelatul qadr, pay zakat on whatever you did not get the use.
To me its more bayimani then chalaki or hushyari. Wealthy people will always look for loopholes.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm

seeker110 wrote:The reason given for excessive jewelry by my sunni friends is that if you wear all or most of the jewelry on leilattul qadr. Then it is considered as something that is in use, thus Zakat on the said property is omitted.
Actually, this is the very reason that I have heard ladies of my family (Bohras) give for wearing all the jewelry on lailat al-qadr. They were worn, at least in the house, to avoid incurring Zakaat.

In the days of Bank Safe Deposit Boxes, I imagine, this is not possible. In that case, only God knows if Zakaat is offered by all on the jewelry.

The downside of ladies being publicly told to bejewel themselves on this night is the threat of attacks upon them by bandits, especially in East Africa.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Actually, this is the very reason that I have heard ladies of my family (Bohras) give for wearing all the jewelry on lailat al-qadr. They were worn, at least in the house, to avoid incurring Zakaat.
We have some gold coins. I asked my wife to wear those around her neck too!! :mrgreen:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

They are out of style this year

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:06 pm

SBM wrote: WOW--Sunni women do not spend time in Masjid on Lailatul Qadr to the best of my knowledge so they wearing jewelry does not arise..Unless there is new trend.
Most of the time among Sunni, female pray at home with little children and even some religious leaders encourage women to pray at home to avoid the hardship on them.
Had there been a farman from bohra clergy that women should stay at home and pray and not come to masjid, there would have been comments such as

Bohras are getting regressive
Bohras are heading back into stone age
Su ehni niraali shaan che
Etc etc..

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Wise Guy
Why do not you wise up. You keep on changing and putting the words in everyone's mouth. No one was discussing about women going to Masjid or not. You falsely accused about Sunni women wearing jewelry to Lailatul Qadar. once I pointed out that to you, you changed your tune to Iftar Parties once I pointed out that there are no Iftar parties in Masjid, now you changed your tune to bringing an unnecessary issue which no one is discussing
No one is talking about Bohras women not going to Masjid but about wearing Expensive Show off Jewelry FARMAN for Lailatul Qader
So do not create an unnecessary FITNA and excite the people.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 pm

anajmi wrote:
We have some gold coins. I asked my wife to wear those around her neck too!! :mrgreen:
How dare you still have those coins with you. You should have gifted them to Dai before leaving him for good. A farewell gift you see.

asad

Lailatul Qahar for Bohras

Unread post by asad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Kindly pardon my use of such derogatory word to convey my feeling, but that is exactly what is happening to Bohras world over after the recent waez of Mansoos. On 19th Ramadan Mansoos delivered a waez which was low on content and showed how much he lacks in oratory skills, But he was good at something which even his father missed that is asking for more money at the drop of the Hat. so as per his latest whim people are suppose to pay whole years worth of their najwas, salaams and hoob at one go on Lailatul qadr. He mentioned to collect to the tune of crores so it lasts whole year, I wonder who it will last for.

and as expected all Jamaats world over have gone in over drive in drilling it down in peoples mind that they are suppose to submit either the amount or atleast commit it in writing. Its just a start and in couple of years be prepared to pay the whole amount with your inflated wajebaat, so double whammy for deserving fools.

I have confirmed report that people in Nagpur and Chennai have already revolted against the latest farman but the dissent was quickly crushed.

In Uae specially Dubai people have been asked to bring in 5 envelops for each individual in house
1) Najwatus Shukr for SMB
2) Najwatus Shukr for Mansoos
3) Nazrul Maqam
4) Qarzan Hasana
5) Silatul Imam

Plus a envelop for Qinana Bs aamil of Dubai.
Sharjah aamil Qusai brother of Qinana and son of Muder has asked people to come with their cheques ready and service class people are told to pay the whole years worth in two installments.

humanbeing

Re: Lailatul Qahar for Bohras

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:42 am

Similar farmans are issued in Kuwait Jamaat too. Such is the desperation that, Sheikhs and mullahs are approaching Thaal by Thaal and interrupting the feasting mumin to pay up. It does get embarrassing for the mumin as well asking mullah/sheikh. Some shameless sheikhs /mullahs are also going thaal by thaal and asking people to do salaam to presiding amil.

“Fakher Rakam / Najwa” has become the favourite word of Kothari representatives. Muffy Maula seems to be in a real hurry to make optimum use of his position considering current situation or SBUT project seems to have gone out of control with budgets.

Program of upcoming lailatul Qadr has been announced and it looks like a video relay affair all night.

haider_21

Unread post by haider_21 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Lailatul qadar mubarak....dua ma yaad karjo....

Yousuf.ali

Unread post by Yousuf.ali » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 am

In Uae specially Dubai people have been asked to bring in 5 envelops for each individual in house
1) Najwatus Shukr for SMB
2) Najwatus Shukr for Mansoos
3) Nazrul Maqam
4) Qarzan Hasana
5) Silatul Imam

Plus a envelop for Qinana Bs aamil of Dubai.
Sharjah aamil Qusai brother of Qinana and son of Muder has asked people to come with their cheques ready and service class people are told to pay the whole years worth in two installments.[/quote]

I can confirm the 5 envelopes, but didnt heard anything reference to Cheques..
All i did was to put empty envelopes in jholas for alll Najwas..:) and since my qarzan hassanah request never got accepted.. so another empty envelope.

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 am

Live relay of Lailatul qadr was superbly orchestrated event and completely micro managed. Whole night was relayed giving Mansoos prominence and once again putting him in the limelight, event started with SMB's 6 year old wasila and than Mansoos took over.

Mark the wordings of Malik when he stood for a brief speech (a novelty as its generally Ashura when this happens), he continuously mentioned how SMB has given raza and "told" Mansoos to go and do the tawalli of Lailatul qadr, all the sentences were utter lies as SMB cant even move or speak and Mallik narated the whole incident as SMB talked and gave raza, than he mentioned something which would do any script writer proud, He mentioned that if someone wants to see SMB look at the Mansoos, people should mark his words as Bohras have been told till now that if they want to do deedar of Panjatan they should see at SMB's face so with one arrow he achieved two shots, one he elevated SMB to panjatan's level and second Mansoos as defecto SMB.

In the end Idris another brother stood for offering thanks and mentioned that who will come in your qabr it will be SMB with Mansoos SMB will take you out from Jahannam fire with his own hand, again this is clever ploy of words as till now its narrated that it was Jafar us sadiq who said he will take his shia out from hell fire with his own hand and if he dosent do that than he is not the true Imam. So in one Night its drilled in your psyche that SMB is equal to Panjatan and all Imams.

really a Lailatul qahar for Bohras in more than one ways.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 am

and mentioned that who will come in your qabr it will be SMB with Mansoos
So all Bohra Qabrs have to be enlarge to accomadate SMB and Mansoos besides your own body :mrgreen:
And the most important when SMB and Mansoor come to our Qabr would that be considered as Ziyafat and do we have to now give Najwa while dead

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am

I paid the same amount as usual.... Just divided the amount into 2 covers... And that too very less amount... Can be considered token !