The Biggest Question - WHAT IF?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
silvertongue

The Biggest Question - WHAT IF?

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:01 am

This post is just to think once of what we all are doing in this forum. I know many many will start abusing me. But my request would be to just think this logically as well. As I am a knowledge seeker I am looking for logical answers rather than abusing words or useless arguments.

What If This movement is wrong and what we all are doing is wrong, that includes me as well. What if the Dai is right and doing exactly according to the deep knowledge of Islam and with better understanding. Once a thought came in my mind that what if we are on the wrong side. What will be our final destination. There are Ayats about Intercession and Salvation in the Qur'an. Salvation thorough the Nabi (P.B.U.H) and the Imams (A.S) and as this is the Satr period, the Dai is the link between the Ummah and the Imam (A.S). What If all that we do is rejected by the Dai and also rejected by Imam (A.S) Who is the blood of Ahlul Bayt. What to do then?

Jazakallah.

Bohra spring

Re: The Biggest Question - WHAT IF?

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 am

I will answer this by the Bohra Ismaili viewpoint

Even if the ideology is fine for discussing sake and as intended by the Prophet SAW...the dia would be someone who would try his best to live as the Prophet.saw ...

So let us look at a Mansoos...does he reflect the character and practise of the Prophet saw....look at all his famous examples...shikar, ziafat, extravagance ...does

Now if he does not then either the diai chose him as per current orthodox beliefs.

So if you think you are regretting not to be his devout...go with your eyes wide open...follow him ...you will be responsible for your fate....

Many f us cannot come to terms with it....there is a serious flaw in his ascendancy...to accept it without v.verification is risky...not to believe in him is not sinful but to believe in him is crossing the threshold of shirk which is haram.

So I rather be judged as someone with less sawab because I doubted the Diai..or did not get his barakat, I will be judged as a Muslim by deeds and public standards . It better than to be cursed with shirk is far dangerous as I will be damned for sure. Allah will not show mercy if I have shirked .

So brother I sleep quite well that I have not shirked ...will my imam be disappointed ..well so be it because I do love the prophet and respect the Alhlul bayt.. I am sure he would want the same and will not be selfish and seek self glorification. So f he is a true imam he will be ok if I am not exaggerating the respect beyond what the prophet saw taught us.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 am

"not to believe in him is not sinful"

Hmm... I did understood your reply well and I liked what you Said "not to believe in him is not sinful". I came to this forum only because somewhere I did find the practices very different than those at the time of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (p.b.u.h). And I think sticking to the Love for Allah (SWT) and Ahlul Bayt (A.S) and keeping myself away from wrong sins is pretty safe rather than joining those whom my heart doesnt understand well. Thank you for such an understanding reply.

May Allah ease your path and Guide you well in your life.
Jazakallah.

Deerseye

Unread post by Deerseye » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:31 am

The confusion in your mind is what we all go through at some time or the other. I am no scholar. Being a common person I try to keep the Quran as my guide. People argue with me, that the Quran can have many interpretations, so we should not read the meaning. And I always rely on logic and rational thinking, that if ALLAH thinks me worthy , I will definitely obtain the true light. By my common sense I can see the clergy committing atrocities right left and centre. People say that it is these people who are corrupt, so why blame mola? Again my common sense says that if I am the head of my house, I am responsible for everything which takes place in my house. I cannot take credit for the good and pass the buck for mistakes. So if mola is the true link, he should have at least tried to develop good character in his family and the community. But what we see around us is the love of money money and more money. I don't know who is right ,but I definitely know that the clergy is wrong.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 am

People argue with me, that the Quran can have many interpretations,
The people who make this argument are generally the people who are the most ignorant about the Quran and have probably never read a translation in their lives. I am referring to a translation. Not an interpretation. People are free to interpret the Quran even without ever reading a translation. Just an average translation of the Quran will tell you that your Dai is misleading people. The biggest of "WHAT IF" can be easily answered if you pick up a Quran and read a translation. There is a reason why your Dai has never translated the Quran!!

I am assuming that you do not understand Arabic. Of course, there are hypocrite abdes like Adam who choose to be corrupt despite having the knowledge of Arabic. But he is an insider. As the saying goes amongst bohras - potani maa ne kaun daakan ke?

think

Unread post by think » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:36 am

if you think you may be right or wrong then go back into history and see the sons of imams that committed shirk and were not given imamat. The dai does not have any lineage to the imams . would it not be better for you then to atleast strengthen your faith by believing in someone who has his lineage right upto moula ali and a man of such credentials is the aga khan. looking at his wining and dining and play boy lifestyle would you put your faith in him?
The quran is very clear on how to lead a life pleasing to allah. that should be your aim all the rest is just cultural and mulla and dai made up rituals that have nothing to do with islam but to further their own interest of keeping the small sommunity of followers to obey them in the guise of being haq na dai. do not go for this crap. Believe strongly and have your faith in your creator the almighty Allah. do you really think that the entire population of this world will go to hell except a handful of bohris.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 pm

silvertongue wrote:the Dai is the link between the Ummah and the Imam (A.S).
The crux of your entire confusion lies in the above statement hence just look around, look at the Dai, his sons and his administration and the money making racket. You don't need rocket science to figure out this as it is very much visible. Now, does your conscience agree that the present Dai with all the flaws could have any link whatsoever with the Imam ? Can a righteous Imam ever give the reigns of Dawat to such a man ? Once you understand this SIMPLE logic all your confusions will disappear !!

Al Fateh

Unread post by Al Fateh » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm

we dont need any link between ummah and Imam, our deeds can directly connect us with Imam and even with ALLAH.

this is all man made stories to keep the business going.

Allah is all knower and he knows what you do and what you intend--- QURAAN

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 am

I guess many of my confusions are clearing up. What confuses my mind is the difference between the teachings and the acts. They both vary alot. But now I know what to follow and what not to. Alhamdolillah, Thank you brothers.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 am

Nice act my friend!!!

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:20 am

i have been in this forum past couple of days and yes There is not much love left for the current Mansoos in my heart. Although respect for the learned and wise is a different thing. But I am glad that at least I am helping the poor by every means I can or a friend who is in need. And I try to be good in deeds and use polite words. I think this is all what matters rather than big envelopes and Daadhis.. I pray regular prayers and that has become quite a great habit now. So I guess this might turn out to something.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 am

im not denying you your piety or the goodness of your heart.

But this whole wide-eyed, innocent-babe-in-the-wood act of "oh, the kothar does so many bad things, but really, are they corrupt or is it just a figment of my imagination?".... you dont really expect anyone to swallow it.

get real!!!

have the guts to call a spade a spade. there is corruption and wrongdoing, no doubt about that. we are tackling at our level in our way, but atleast we dont put up an act