Sayedna's contribution to medical science

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Reporter
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#1

Unread post by Reporter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Counseling for genetic disorders

The Syedna Burhanuddin Department of Genetics is one of the leading centers of field located at the Karachi University which was built by the generous funding by Syedna Burhanuddin – the spiritual leader of the Bohra community – and formally inaugurated by himself in June 2004.
The two-storey building, a blend of modern and Fatimid period structure, has in its database gene samples of various ethnic groups in Pakistan. It is a feature which can be used to look into the traits of ethnic diversity in the country and genome based research. The head of the department, Dr Shakeel Farooqi said, "We are providing services to patients who suffer from various genetic disorders."
He cited the case of a young girl who was diagnosed with a rare genetic disease – carrying both X and Y chromosomes. Genetically, females don’t have the Y chromosome as it is particularly associated to males.
The girl not only received counseling but also underwent a surgical procedure owing to her vulnerability to cancer.
A lack of awareness about such a disorder often leads to social stigmas and puts undue pressure on an individual who cannot understand the nature of their condition.
“With our counseling and advice the girl is now living a normal life and has a successful career,” Farooqi proudly added.
Image
The Syedna Burhanuddin Department of Genetics also provides counseling to people with genetic disorders. -Photo by author

Read full article here: http://www.dawn.com/news/1058496/pakist ... volution/2

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#2

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 am

Very Much Appreciated !

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#3

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:11 am

Good work towards humanity. Hope more is coming.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#4

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 am

The name of the building would serve better if it said "donated by community of bhoras". Not to be vengeful, just marking and uplifting the community instead of the chief collector of bohra funds. It could inspire other bohra momins to open up to charity instead of ziafat salams. Kar bhala, ho bhala.

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#5

Unread post by true_bohra » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:50 am

"Evil will never see good"

atleast naam par toh nafrat rehne do.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#6

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:02 am

Barray barray phar ukharey hain. Barrey barrey jungaen jiti hain. Khudaie zindagi apnae hai. Nam ka kiya karna, dunya ko kam tuo hi dekhana hai. yahan tuo sirif wha wha hi dekha hai.

Bohra spring
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#7

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:05 am

One good example of our global taxes and gifts well spent.

We need more of our wealth going to the good cause as in this case than being pilfered by Zadas.

Hope in near future will we see the name of the institution being credited to the community or Alhlul bayt also ?

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#8

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 am

Credit to the people who earned and poured sweat and labor to build this shifa khana. Ziafatoon sey bank balance banta hai. Insaniat ka dard kam ki ne jaga nahi.

fearAllah
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#9

Unread post by fearAllah » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Any masjid or musafir khana or any other jamaat related building built by funding of common mumineen is given the tag of "Moula ni masjid che, Moula ni hospital che" but the fact is Moula does not even contrubute a penny!

Its good to see the above but i very much doubt that it was personally funded by Sayedna, classic example is Saifee hospital!

محمد
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#10

Unread post by محمد » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:00 pm

at least community money came in some use.

abde53
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#11

Unread post by abde53 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm

other jamaat related building built by funding of common mumineen is given the tag of "Moula ni masjid che, Moula ni hospital che" but the fact is Moula does not even contrubute a penny!
Fearallah bhai
Is not the same true when India or America gives money to help others when there is typhoon or earth quake, it is not India or America but the people of those country, Our Moula represents the community so when he gives it is given that Mumineen are the contributors, when they give waiz in Shia community the waezeen always says to mansoob every good thing to Ahle Bayt so all we are doing is same Hamey pann hamaara Moula ney Mansoob karye chey, Moula ni khushi hamari Khushi aney Moula nu gham hamaru gham

Bohra spring
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#12

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Really whatever is called by the Diai name is community property

It's just a name

Have you ever checked the land titles and seem who is the legal owner of those community properties ?

These are private properties and the community has access as a beneficiary

When rogue Diai comes up there is nothing the community can do , the children or those mentioned in the will are rightful inheritors.... They can dispose , mortgage or stop anyone from accessing

These land title docs are intentionally drafted by secretive lawyers working for kothar

Only a handful if jamaat Ayan know and strange corporation laws are used to exclude the rights if the community

Wonder why one does not get receipts or audits.., whatever Abdes contribute gets dissolved in smart Ponzi schemes

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#13

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:18 am

Present age Kothar Inc has left no stone unturned to glorify/promote/highlight only and only 51 to 53 Dais. I agree with seeker110’s view that; any public development with public money should bore the name of the community who contributed to that project. This would help increase goodwill and good wishes for the community altogether. But that is not what kothar wants. Kothar wants to show ( shout from the rooftop) about what they are supposedly doing for the people.


They can go on and on in self glorification and never feel satisfied. Hear their majlises and they continue to pompously keep counting the “EHSAAN & KARAM” in every breath and moment. So much, that they don’t even thank ALLAH for the bounties that much.


Bohra properties have totally become personal properties of Kothar and its agents. They openly challenge any bohra tax payer to make any claims and facethe consequences. Kothar has spent a lot of energy in manipulating the concepts of religions to reach this point. They will protect their nefarious interest by crook and cons.

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#14

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:36 am

Bohra spring wrote:Really whatever is called by the Diai name is community property

It's just a name

Have you ever checked the land titles and seem who is the legal owner of those community properties ?

These are private properties and the community has access as a beneficiary

When rogue Diai comes up there is nothing the community can do , the children or those mentioned in the will are rightful inheritors.... They can dispose , mortgage or stop anyone from accessing

These land title docs are intentionally drafted by secretive lawyers working for kothar

Only a handful if jamaat Ayan know and strange corporation laws are used to exclude the rights if the community

Wonder why one does not get receipts or audits.., whatever Abdes contribute gets dissolved in smart Ponzi schemes
Do not say anything in absence of knowledge. Do you know that jamaat accounts are audited. and where in secret lawyers came into the picture.

As far as your question on title deeds of community property is concerned then all Dawat properties is named after the Present Dai of the community. He is the sole trustee for the properties. So better do not your minds on things which you do not know.

محمد
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#15

Unread post by محمد » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 am

true_bohra wrote:
Bohra spring wrote:Really whatever is called by the Diai name is community property

It's just a name

Have you ever checked the land titles and seem who is the legal owner of those community properties ?

These are private properties and the community has access as a beneficiary

When rogue Diai comes up there is nothing the community can do , the children or those mentioned in the will are rightful inheritors.... They can dispose , mortgage or stop anyone from accessing

These land title docs are intentionally drafted by secretive lawyers working for kothar

Only a handful if jamaat Ayan know and strange corporation laws are used to exclude the rights if the community

Wonder why one does not get receipts or audits.., whatever Abdes contribute gets dissolved in smart Ponzi schemes
Do not say anything in absence of knowledge. Do you know that jamaat accounts are audited. and where in secret lawyers came into the picture.

As far as your question on title deeds of community property is concerned then all Dawat properties is named after the Present Dai of the community. He is the sole trustee for the properties. So better do not your minds on things which you do not know.
it is so good if those accounts are audited, btw I would like to skim through few years account sheet, where can I find it?

Bohra spring
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#16

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:48 am

TB I am 100% sure and I almost go a draft???the Bohra corporation constitution in a well known western city was drafted by a white lawyer???only a few hand picked ayan were involved and locked away the documents

Sorry if I was not clear. The audit I meant the records are audited so Kothar know what was collected and remitted to head office...the audit is not for the benefit of the members .

Did I not imply he acts as a sole trustee...he has complete control on the assets. Are we beneficiaries ? I am not sure his Zadas would be the beneficiaries


What are you challenging tb...that the jamaats are step differently ?

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#17

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 am

Every Jamaat is a trust in itself and the sole trustee is Present Dai of the COmmunity. The trust is managed by some people appointed by the Syedna TUS which is known as members of Jamat.

Every jamaat is due for audit as per the Indian Trust Act and many other constitutional aspects are applicable to them viz Waqf Act, Registeration Act etc.

Shehzadas are not the trustee or beneficiaries in anyway because Dawat trust are in the name of Sole trustee that is the Syedna TUS.

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#18

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:39 am

T B is right to some extent. Every Jamat is registered under religious trust pertaining to that area, but reporting to Centra headquarter at Mumbai.


Also In Kuwait, Kuwait Jamat is registered as Shia Community with Kuwait Government. But here, there are rules. Religious Minister ( aka Aamil) cannot initiate any fund collection whatsoever without approvals and audits. Fund collected to maintain the properties must be declared to Kuwait Government. However One can see variety of fund collection that goes on are unaccounted to Kuwait Government.


Millions are collected in Ziyafats, Ikraams, wajebaat, Najwaas, Silatul Imam, Nazrool Mukam, Qardan hasana and others, which are siphoned off to India through hawalla traders through channel of businessmen sheikhs and mullas. Enjoying power and pull in Kuwait jamaat.


These sheikhs and mullahs have contacts with govt officials deep in various ministries to keep the ball rolling. Kuwait is not a cheap place to bribe. Unfortunately these jamats are milking the cow (abdes) and feeding to the wolves (govt officials).

fearAllah
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#19

Unread post by fearAllah » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 am

abde53 wrote:
other jamaat related building built by funding of common mumineen is given the tag of "Moula ni masjid che, Moula ni hospital che" but the fact is Moula does not even contrubute a penny!
Fearallah bhai
Is not the same true when India or America gives money to help others when there is typhoon or earth quake, it is not India or America but the people of those country, Our Moula represents the community so when he gives it is given that Mumineen are the contributors, when they give waiz in Shia community the waezeen always says to mansoob every good thing to Ahle Bayt so all we are doing is same Hamey pann hamaara Moula ney Mansoob karye chey, Moula ni khushi hamari Khushi aney Moula nu gham hamaru gham
Abde53 bhai,

Then how about when Moula charges 1 million dollars or more just to do opening of a masjid? is it not so shameful?

Bohra spring
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#20

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 pm

true_bohra wrote:Every Jamaat is a trust in itself and the sole trustee is Present Dai of the COmmunity. The trust is managed by some people appointed by the Syedna TUS which is known as members of Jamat.

Every jamaat is due for audit as per the Indian Trust Act and many other constitutional aspects are applicable to them viz Waqf Act, Registeration Act etc.

Shehzadas are not the trustee or beneficiaries in anyway because Dawat trust are in the name of Sole trustee that is the Syedna TUS.
TB prove your point by uploading a typical jamat constitution and trust deed for a western and Indian City which has a masjid and I will withdraw my comment

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#21

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:05 am

TB you are right that the accounts are audited. Why the accounts are not shared by the community members. After all the funds are shared by them. they have full legitimate right to scrutinize the account. don't you agree?

The unaccounted (black money) received by sayedna for title sale and and jiafat are also audited?

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#22

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:06 am

Yes, every money which is received is accounted. For the same, expenditure is also shown which ia required by the Trust Act.

@bohra spring: I am not the person working in Waqf Board so I can bring you copies of it. Nor I m a registrar in majistrate office so i can bring you jamaat constituion.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#23

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Syedna Burhanuddin, who has recently been awarded an honorary doctorate degree by the KU, accompanied by the university chancellor and governor Dr Ishratul Ibad unveiled the plaque in the presence of Bohra community members, political figures, as well as teachers and students of the genetics department.

The two-storeyed building reflected a blend of modern and Fatimid architecture, covering an area of about 26,000sq-ft. Syedna and his community members had provided Rs25 million for the construction of the building and supply of furniture and fixtures, said a KU official.

http://dawn.com/news/395061/karachi-new ... naugurated

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#24

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Syedna and his community members had provided Rs25 million for the construction of the building and supply of furniture and fixtures, said a KU official.
It is like Mukesh Ambani giving Rs.10/- to a poor man by way of charity !!

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#25

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 am

true_bohra wrote:Yes, every money which is received is accounted. For the same, expenditure is also shown which ia required by the Trust Act. .
Every money received !! is accounted !! wow !! That is some faith or Innocence !

Bohra spring
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Sayedna's contribution to medical science

#26

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:37 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:Syedna and his community members had provided Rs25 million for the construction of the building and supply of furniture and fixtures, said a KU official.
It is like Mukesh Ambani giving Rs.10/- to a poor man by way of charity !!

GM Bhai did you mean the doctorate cost was rs 25 million? That's more expensive than a Harvard doctorate but may be it is a good deal since in Harvard one has to pay fees and work hard for it ! :roll: