iddat in bohras gross violation of human rights???

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
simple

iddat in bohras gross violation of human rights???

Unread post by simple » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 am

can anybody tell me iddat custom has any relevance in Islam??in our so called finest community when husband dies wife have 4 month self imposed jail. i think this is gross violation of human and female rights.reformist should go to human right commission to change this horrible custom.

SBM

Re: iddat in bohras gross violation of human rights???

Unread post by SBM » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 am

Simple
This topic has been discussed in length on this forum, Please do a search under Iddat and you will get to thread.

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am

simple wrote:can anybody tell me iddat custom has any relevance in Islam??in our so called finest community when husband dies wife have 4 month self imposed jail. i think this is gross violation of human and female rights.reformist should go to human right commission to change this horrible custom.
Per Quran, Allah has ordered to practice Iddat.

If four months ten nights period of Iddat is self imposed jail then by the same token fasting in Ramdan is self-imposed starving or slow-suicide! Zakat is wastage of funds! Namaz is physical punishment! Mazallah!

Brother/Sister Simple, have you thoroughly understood most of the aspects of Iddat? It seems you have not even searched this forum! So, my humble request is don't use stronger analogy like "self imposed jail" till you study Iddat. If you do not understand then ask questions but do not outrightly reject.

Thanks,

Doctor

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 am

Doctor
Do not compare BOHRA iddat to the Iddat prescribed in Quran
and how misguided you are when you compare Bohra Iddat to Fasting and Zakat, very pathetic comparison

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 am

omabharti wrote:Doctor
Do not compare BOHRA iddat to the Iddat prescribed in Quran
Omabharti Ji,

Don't just place false allegation, prove how practice of Dawoodi Bohras Iddat is not per Quran?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 am

Doctor Sahib
Read the entire thread where these issues were discussed at length

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... ilit=iddat

simple

Unread post by simple » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:20 pm

DOCTORJI r u really a doctor ???? i m asking u because i m a doctor and i know human feelings and psychology . and if iddat practiced in bohras are as per quran guidelines(if u can prove that) than i will not follow holy quran because humanity is greater religion than islam.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm

As it happens in most of sharia matters, the very purpose of iddat is lost and it has become more of a ritual. How else can one justify an 80 year old woman being prohibited from seeing a 1 year old male ghair mehramdar child ? If menstruation is one of the main purpose then what about this lady who has attained menopause decades earlier ?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:47 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote: My dad for one has totally prohibited my mum from sitting in Iddat when he dies... I know she is going to do it, but i am going to try and convince her not too, cause it would not be what my dad would have wanted...
So If you dad wants his corpse burned, like your half baked, wanna be, fake, Kafir, bohri- hindu, Muslim wife, you'll still abide his wishes :roll: ??

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:25 pm

BooM wrote:So If you dad wants his corpse burned, like your half baked, wanna be, fake, Kafir, bohri- hindu, Muslim wife, you'll still abide his wishes ??
Boom,

I request you to kindly refrain from making personal remarks which could hurt someones feelings.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:53 pm

hehe :mrgreen: .. Don't worry.. This people are heavily medicated on valiums (chest beating) and they can handle it.. And feelings like sympathy, compassion and empathy are none existence for this brainwashed community, so I doubt his hurt..

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 pm

And If he is still in pain, here is his prescription from Dr. Boom..
Chest beating from 3 times a day to 6 times per day, 15 minutes each time.
Daily trip to grave worship Taher Saifuddin Saheb for 53 days..
2 spoons of holy water before going to bed :wink:
Happy recoverer 8)

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:12 am

Boom must also be a "doctor".

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

Mustafanalwala
As much as i disagreed with BooM going on personal attack and Br, GM did represent the views of many, I did not want to write any comment because that kind of statement does not deserve any attention, By you using such foul mouthed language you also stooped too low, While BooM made an uncalled personal comment on you, you used the wide brush to paint the entire community of progressives or ortho.
I did see your apology but brother you have to control your thoughts, would you express yourself like this in front of your parents or children, Do not lower your standards just to avenge

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 am

Mustafa, you just compared yourself to a rubber band!!!!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

Br. Mustafa its better to be nice just in case,than to be an a$$hole just in case.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Br. Mustafa
I can understand your anger, and i do repeat once again that people should refrain from personal attacks, We may disagree but we do not need to to uncivilized nor personal. No one is perfect as you mentioned and let us move on.

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

seeker110 wrote:Br. Mustafa its better to be nice just in case,than to be an a$$hole just in case.
HERE HERE!

Truer words have not been spoken.

Nalwalla is a true idiot. He says he doesn't understand the concept, but yet he thinks its wrong! Dude, everytime you type something, your past will, i repeat, will come and bite you in the a$$...get used to it, and stop eyeing other women for fun!

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Mustafa,
First.. It's YOU, who propagates about your personal life and maybe you have forgotten, this is a free & open Forum, and we all have our own opinion, which some you might like/agree and others, like the one I made on this thread..
Second, I really don't understand why you are so anger at me :roll: ?
You are more likely going to burn your wife's corpse, because men live longer, and I wanted to know, what you would do, if your dad, had ask for the same :? ..

And if you still keep on getting this emotional out burst, I won't be so kind & I'll have to increase your dosage and in the worst case, I might have to admit you to our new Moula, for some feet kissing session.. And you know very well, you'll have to do salaams as well.. So you better start behaving your best now :wink:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 am

mustafa,

First, Al-Muizz is an idiot who comments without ever trying to understand what he is commenting about.

Second, I have dealt with a lot of abusive people on this board, much worse than boom. You should read some of my posts and learn how to deal with abusers. I have had a debate with boom too in the past and agree that he cannot make a proper argument without abusing in one way or another. But there are different ways of dealing with the "abuser" problem. Getting down to the same level doesn't always work although it is satisfying, but I have gotten a few abusers banned from this board by dealing with them slightly differently.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Dont argue with idiots,people reading will not be able who's who.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Haha.. Some of you guys are so typical bollywood materially, I'm sure some of you can have a carrier there, especially you Mustafa.. And you can try hard to label me as a abuser, but the fact is, I normally just ridiculous and lately, I've stopped sugercoatting my feelings for this rodents,.. because this greed piggies will eat also that too .. Don't forget, You are or supporting the abuser, the neglecter, the oppressor & your the ones whom are DELUSIONAL, you finger dipping pests..!!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 pm

In the modern world the stupid are cocksure,while the intelligent are full of doubt.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:45 pm

What happens if fertile widow would be get into situation like this?

May be Allah anticipated it.
Who’s your daddy?
As kids conceived with donated sperm grow up, life may get complicated for donors
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/20 ... /story.xml

simple

Unread post by simple » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Mumbai ma ek "iddat house" kari ne Imarat bani che jema je mumenaat bairao iddat bethwana hoi ane ghar ma itni imkaniyat na hoi k barabar hudud ni pabandi kari sake, ye bairao ehma bethi sake che, ghanuj well furnished ane shandaar maskan banayu che, bilkul masakin mohammediyah ni misal banayu che har ek bairo waaste ek bed ane cupboard aapwa ma aawse ane 3 time nu jaman faizul mawaid il burhaniyah taraf c aapwa ma awse... shzda Qusai bs wajihuddin ye aa iddat house nu iftetah farmayu che, rauzat taher na dakhili par ehna photos display karwama aaya che.
Khuda taala bewe mola ne baqi rakhe.
Husaina house naam che.

simple

Unread post by simple » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Iddat house
Attachments
IMG-20131204-WA0000.jpg

simple

Unread post by simple » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Iddat house
Attachments
IMG-20131203-WA0005.jpg

simple

Unread post by simple » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Iddat house
Attachments
IMG-20131203-WA0006.jpg

simple

Unread post by simple » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Iddat house
Attachments
IMG-20131203-WA0003.jpg

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm

and what is cost for this?

but I think this is quite innovaative and helpful, I know kothar is more interested in making money out of widows, but still rich guys caan afford it and its helpful for them.