Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
incredible

Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by incredible » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:12 pm

my first concern with this dabba thali is hygiene, because they invite different females to make rotis, and I am sure hygiene level in all females are not up to the mark, dirty nails and dirty hairs falling into roti can make it poison for others.

and most interesting thing I have noticed most third world population dont wash their rings and bracelets they wear, it means all dust and dirt in their ring is mixing up with this hand made rotis.

I will prefer to eat roti from my mother/wife/daughter hand and not from general public.

incredible

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by incredible » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:11 pm

but as usual abdes are happy eating this so called barkati shiit :?:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 am

Unhygienic food tastes good. I go to restaurants, In desi restuarants the food tastes good but is unhygienic. The US fast food is from a clean kitchen but the food is from species of unknown to mankind. My wife is better cook then what they serve in the bohra masjid food. I keep arguing with her that I have no desire to lower my food standards. But this is niyaz, her argument. :roll:

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 am

seeker110 wrote:Unhygienic food tastes good. I go to restaurants, In desi restuarants the food tastes good but is unhygienic. The US fast food is from a clean kitchen but the food is from species of unknown to mankind. My wife is better cook then what they serve in the bohra masjid food. I keep arguing with her that I have no desire to lower my food standards. But this is niyaz, her argument. :roll:
once take her to bohra kitchen her perspective of niyaz will get change.

btw once in a while it can be okay, but this dabba thali concept which is design to eat every day unhygenic food can bring serious consequences.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:25 am

The concept was to sell cheap food at a very high cost. To maximize the profit,use as much slave labor as possible. Also charge people for food not consumed. Whenever my wife try's to explain the lack of flavor due to people with medical problems (salts, spices etc.,) my question to her is I am healthy so they should make some for people like us. Or make all of them eat tasty food. Again mark-up,is the bottom line. If you are stupid bohra, than why should taste make any difference, it didn't make much difference when having a corrupt Dai is alright for abde, defines taste, no ?

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:42 am

you dont believe in this scheme and yet you eat from eat???

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 am

true_bohra wrote:you dont believe in this scheme and yet you eat from eat???
how can you assume that I would be eating it?

but yes my relatives in India do eat it, and not to mention they are brain washed abdes like you.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:53 am

if they were serving this shiit free of cost to poors it would still have some meaning, but as it is charged and infact in many towns heavily charged and still they feed this shiit, its a crime.

think

Unread post by think » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:46 am

This crime is going unpunished in atlanta jamaat. bohri women are cooking in their apartments without any food inspector checking on the cleanliness. secondly as mentioned, it is a big health hazard, not only bacteria but the large amounts of animal fat and cheap oil used in its preparation. This dabba scheme may work for ignorant bohras in third world countries. Also is the problem of delivery of this food in the name of barakat . the home makers are excited, they have something to do and travel long distances wasting their hasbands money on gas ,because they are brainwashed into thinking moula moula duaa duaa barakat barakat.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 am

Brother think,
Our women have too much free time on their hands. If you can find for them things they can be passionate about, or can find them hobbies they enjoy,at the same time get some small financial reward for their work, you are on road to happiness. If you dont then they are left with ample time for ghibat and jealousy. Combined they two will rob you and your family of happiness. That telephone is for important calls. Not to be used for peaking into others lives and gossip. Some teaching, layered with love and praise, your women can be your best partner and friend. It takes some time, and some patient but it is winnable. You can easily win over a women who thinks with her heart than her god given brain, can't you ?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:55 pm

A week ago there was a Farman that a thali as they want to respectfully call it be sent to all homes, including those who have not subscribed.....

The volunteer called and asked us to accept it..we said no ..he insisted he will be stuck with the dabba..he asked if we can pick it from his home since he picked it from markaz...I asked him yes if this is the only time, not to enter my name or make this regular and hoped it was a worthwhile trip

We received a small container with a 2-3 rotis...the curry was over spiced over oiled, few shreds of meat and mostly bones...we are a family of 5 all grown up and looked at each other and wondered what is in it for who...my 2 daughters and wife who are health conscious offered it to the boys..I teased them it is barakat...my daughter said sure it will line your arteries with pure oil....so quarter of it the oil went down the drain...

The main meal my wife cooked was interrupted ...we normally have dinner at 7:30 pm this time we finished at 9:30 because the by the time I collected the dabba...collected with 2 hands as sign of respect it was 9:00 pm.....

I will share the barakat once it also arrives as it is finding it way through the thousands of ejamatt members..being in the west I must be down the queue

It crossed my mind I cancel my health insurance, gym, multivitamin purchases and subscribe to dabba or thali and will never see a hospital ever! May be can some help me from abde side ..this may make sense right :?:

In the supermarket there are light and easy meals which cost $4 and help you get fit....this has double triple power improves health, faith and sex drive...

Some one will ask how...I will slowly keep a beard, topi, the Kurta, the ripped muscles, ...my neighbours will think what a stud and metro sexual style!....

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:50 pm

^
Br Bohra Spring
If you live in west May be you should contact Obama Adminsitration and ask them to incorporate our Barkati Thaali in his Affordable Health Care Plan that way with the Dua and barakat of our Moula's Thaali and Khushi ni Roti, no disease will ever come close to anyone thus cutting all the healthcare cost for hospitalization and medication. See now how our Shafiq Moula has foresight to having healthy BARKAATI jaman to clear the artery and give small portion to stay fit. By running and delivering the food (thaali) everyone is getting exercise
So you see there is hikmaat in our Moula's farman of making,delivering and eating Barkaati Jamaan

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:01 pm

SBM wrote:with the Dua and barakat of our Moula's Thaali and Khushi ni Roti, no disease will ever come close to anyone thus cutting all the healthcare cost for hospitalization and medication.
Hence, the one who is in urgent need of this Thaali is More-la himself, no disease, no hospitalisation, no medication !!

Nameless

Unread post by Nameless » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 am

Picture the scene in Three Idiots? Herman Joshi's mother scratches her husband's dirty hairy chest with the rolling pin she is making rotis with! Amir, Herman and Maddy run for their lives even while they were hungry! LOL.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 am

Nameless wrote:Picture the scene in Three Idiots? Herman Joshi's mother scratches her husband's dirty hairy chest with the rolling pin she is making rotis with! Amir, Herman and Maddy run for their lives even while they were hungry! LOL.
yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

for those who havent seen it...hahaha watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVEN3lDTA9E

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 am

guys at least spare food items and stop making unwanted criticism on it. You dont eat it, thats fine with you but do not distract people who are consuming it.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:36 pm

health concern of all is our concern. Dabba scheme by more-la does not and cannot work. The number one reason is that each individual house hold have their own way of preparing food.Take for instance bohri's of jamnagar. They have a diffrent recipe for making dishes compared to a bohri family in surat and a hyderabadi bohri family may not even have heard of the names of some of the dishes prepared by a bohri family of bombay. More-la, to gain control is trying to create uniformity in food consumption for bohris and this can never, never happen. A family may like to have daal one day and veg the next. Who is more la to enforce that the family will have to give up their choice and eat the food that is handed to them by dabba scheme? If it was free food paid for solely from his crores and distributed to the poor mumineen , then that can be understandable. But that is far, far from what is happening. A con game is played by his goondas to amass more wealth by feeding unhealthy food to the bohris. My two penny worth of advice. Stay away from such dietary foods. Cook your own daal at home. The food cooked by yourself or your women folk at home is positively more healthier and promotes an unseen bond of friendship and family values. Do not sell that bond for a ehsaan , ehsaan and barakat barakat thali. It is not so.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:54 pm

true_bohra wrote:guys at least spare food items and stop making unwanted criticism on it. You dont eat it, thats fine with you but do not distract people who are consuming it.
it is in public interest to make them aware, that bohris are playing with their health.

well for you, you can always eat khujli wali roti, may be its your first diet,

but for those who are raised with hygiene and health conciousness, they should know what they are eating.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

true_bohra wrote:guys at least spare food items and stop making unwanted criticism on it.
There are quite a few incidents in cities like Mumbai and Surat where sub standard food was delivered, once the chicken curry was foaming and at times the Daal and other curries were Lamba Paani. I know of cases wherein people have even fallen sick. This is a first hand information if you believe it and no undue exaggeration.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:16 am

true_bohra wrote:guys at least spare food items and stop making unwanted criticism on it. You dont eat it, thats fine with you but do not distract people who are consuming it.
save your breath. dont waste it over these fools

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:58 am

zinger wrote:
save your breath. dont waste it over these fools
eating hairs and broken nails in roti has deteriorated your understanding ability....

get well soon. :!:

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 am

true_bohra wrote:You dont eat it, thats fine with you but do not distract people who are consuming it.
OK then advise Aliqader not to force the bohras who do not want to have dabba. Why forcefully it is sent? Ask him to respect their decision and not to pass fatwa now and then.

alam

Unread post by alam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 am

Brother TB And others.

I cannot begin to tell you how much people whom you think you are defending, and are calling the "believers" are hurting. They don't earn enough income per month and are forced to pay Anything from RS 2000-3000 per month, average, in different localities in india. If our less fortunate bhaios and Behnos have a restricted income, they are forced to eat from what is in tiffin because they don't have another freedom of choice - or money.

Therefore concern for hygiene is a legitimate topic, as also concern for nutrional needs for diverse health concerns.
We are all in this together, no point in perpetuating this "Us vs Them" mentality on this forum.

When FMB first started, the ideology that was spread and people were led to believe was that "no hungry Mumin left on the face of this earth" (my terminology/summary of ideas as I received). Maybe this wording is a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't think so. That was the noble intention that was spread far and wide, until it became a propaganda for more of the same (centralized control over our everyday life).

On top of all this people are forced to volunteer for making roti. Forced to volunteer, think about it.

There are a handful who may volunteer willingly, even lovingly. There is no issue here. No need to demonize them either.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 am

alam wrote:
Brother TB And others.

I cannot begin to tell you how much people whom you think you are defending, and are calling the "believers" are hurting. They don't earn enough income per month and are forced to pay Anything from RS 2000-3000 per month, average, in different localities in india. If our less fortunate bhaios and Behnos have a restricted income, they are forced to eat from what is in tiffin because they don't have another freedom of choice - or money.

Therefore concern for hygiene is a legitimate topic, as also concern for nutrional needs for diverse health concerns.
We are all in this together, no point in perpetuating this "Us vs Them" mentality on this forum.

When FMB first started, the ideology that was spread and people were led to believe was that "no hungry Mumin left on the face of this earth" (my terminology/summary of ideas as I received). Maybe this wording is a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't think so. That was the noble intention that was spread far and wide, until it became a propaganda for more of the same (centralized control over our everyday life).

On top of all this people are forced to volunteer for making roti. Forced to volunteer, think about it.

There are a handful who may volunteer willingly, even lovingly. There is no issue here. No need to demonize them either.
Bhai Alam,

i dont know where you live my friend. no one pays 2 or 3 k for the dabba

i pay 1100 a month.

my aunt used to pay 300/ a month now pays 500/-

she lives in main bhendi bazar and i live in a suburb of bombay called oshiwara. this is mumbai , which has an extremely high standard of living. so im sure it is less in other cities.

as for the food that you call unhygenic, have you ever been in the kitchen? i have. the people who cook there are wearing gloves and aprons and hair nets. i have seen the kitchen in madanpura and palghar too, where a number of Dawoodi Bohras reside.

the food we get is perfectly cooked. there are instances of maybe a little more or a little less salt, sometimes the taste could be better, but 99% of the times, the food is good and well cooked.

today, you eat in a nice restaurant like maybe 5 spice and the minimum bill for 2 is 600 to 800. you get food which is enough for 2 people, for 1 meal, for a month for 1100/-

is this not a wonderful thing?

ofcourse we pay money for it, agreed, but 1100 bucks or 500 bucks?

you get food like kaari chawal, chicken, mutton, cutlets, biryani, khichda etc. can a poor person afford to eat non veg 4 times in a week? forget poor, even i cant, but the thaali/dabba makes it possible.

women make rotis at home and sell it to supplement their income. no one is forcing them. no one has forced my mum or my aunt. they do it out of the same intention that it was started, to feed other Dawoodi Bohras in the community. they have had the utmost regard and respect that this food is going to someones house and is representing the food that is coming from the dabba so you will never find nails or hair or dirt in it.

anyways, look at who has started this thread. its been started by a mad man who even the reformists dont acknowledge. who has been laughed of this forum so many times that he needs to keep coming back under different names. who has been banned by admin and yet shamelessly comes back. who has pretended to be a Dawoodi Bohra and abused Sunni Muslims (as Sufi Monk) and reformists (as Labbaikyahussain and Ala Maquaam). Who has come as a reformist who realised that Dawoodi Bohras are on the correct path and hence gone back into the fold (as Revertbohra).

Really, what more do i need to say.

you can continue to look for the one black spot on a white bedsheet, we will look at the white bedsheet and treat that one black spot as a matter of quality control

trust me, this whole hygiene issue which you guys are tom-tomming, the badness is in the minds of the people who are abusing the food, not in the food

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:00 am

i know i asked True Bohra to not waste his time on this issue but i had to get this of my chest.

i feel that people here are abusing not just the concept, but the food served.

you have no right to abuse the food. you may say what you want to the kothar and the people behind the scenes, but do not insult the food.

my parents taught me to never leave food on the thaal/plate because there are so many people who go hungry. i teach the same to my kids.

if you dont want the food, dont take it. if it is thrust on you, give it to a poor, but for God's sake, do not abuse it or insult it or claim that it should be thrown away.

may none of you never have a time when you are starved for food. we have seen difficult times, we know the value of it.

abuse us if you want to. abuse the kothar. abuse the dabba, abuse muffadal bhaisaab and our Aqa Maula too if it makes you feel better, but do not abuse the food and the people who take the effort to make it.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:04 am

^ this guy is talking bull shiit and lie as usual, even my relatives lives in bindi bazaar and they pay 1700 for dabba thali shiit, and food is not cooked well, every day my aunt have to re cook specially rice and gost.

food depends and varies from area to area.

some of my relatives in surat have reported, they get food which is coooked in hurry almost in 1 hour 30 mins for almost 600 houses, now I wonder what kind of quality food they are getting in such short span of cooking.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:08 am

let me repeat what i have said a long time ago.

the money also depends on your standard of living.

my aunt is a widow. no kids. her income is thankfully from well invested money by my late Maama. she paid 300 and is now paying 500.

your family is probably richer than mine cause i pay 1100. so good for your family, may they prosper and progress more

and before calling me a liar, look in the mirror. if i was you, i would be ashamed to even show my face here, given how you are percieved by others on this board

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 am

and for the last time, please stop abusing the food

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 am

Bhoraism is your modern day commune. They are led by a con man. Your typical Ali Baba and his 40 chors. (Amils, family, tr-bo and zinger) . Adam has been sick because of the thali, but it killed pro frog. Khuda beway Mola ne Thali naseeb karey.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:11 am

zinger wrote:let me repeat what i have said a long time ago.

the money also depends on your standard of living.

my aunt is a widow. no kids. her income is thankfully from well invested money by my late Maama. she paid 300 and is now paying 500.

your family is probably richer than mine cause i pay 1100. so good for your family, may they prosper and progress more

and before calling me a liar, look in the mirror. if i was you, i would be ashamed to even show my face here, given how you are percieved by others on this board
biggest lie u have said is they wear gloves while cooking.

can you post pic of any kitchen in INDIA in which gloves are weared while making roti?

and one more thing if this thali dabba thing is soo good and affordable why is it forced on people?

why it is made compulsary? if it was so goood people would voluntarily come forward to get subscribed with dabba thali.

and btw learn to read, no one is abusing food here, but yes we do abuse the system in which poor is forced to pay for inferior food and the credit goes to kothar by saying this food is from karam and ehsaan.

and it is not about how some one is poor or rich, many of my friends India are middle class but those who are good in leaking Amil *** gets more discounts, may be this is your case as well.

instead of caring how people will percieve you grow balls to stand for truth, and for god sake stop lying.