Ali Asgar Engineer's source of Income

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
incredible

Ali Asgar Engineer's source of Income

Unread post by incredible » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:14 am

I personally dont know much about Ali Asgar engineer, but I would like to know what was his source of Income?

how he us to get finance for his lectures in London and America?

S. Insaf

Re: Ali Asgar Engineer's source of Income

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 am

Asghar bhai was elder to me by two years and he was my childhood friend.
He was working in Bombay Municipal Corporation as “Productivity Engineer’.
After the Galiakot incident he jumped into Dawoodi Bohra Reform Movement and then left his job to devote full time for reform, social justice and against communalism. Then his source of income was his writings.
When he became famous by his writings, untiring struggle, lectures in various seminars and conferences, then Social groups and academic institutions started inviting him for lectures and consultations. They used to pay for his travels and stay during their programs.
He was very very particular in safe-guarding fund for Reform movement, Institution for Islamic studies and Center for secularism and society of which he was a chairman.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:15 am

S. Insaf wrote:Asghar bhai was elder to me by two years and he was my childhood friend.
He was working in Bombay Municipal Corporation as “Productivity Engineer’.
After the Galiakot incident he jumped into Dawoodi Bohra Reform Movement and then left his job to devote full time for reform, social justice and against communalism. Then his source of income was his writings.
When he became famous by his writings, untiring struggle, lectures in various seminars and conferences, then Social groups and academic institutions started inviting him for lectures and consultations. They used to pay for his travels and stay during their programs.
He was very very particular in safe-guarding fund for Reform movement, Institution for Islamic studies and Center for secularism and society of which he was a chairman.
Thank you sir...

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am

At least we know that he was not getting any Najwa envelopes from guillables and he had honest living.