Eid E Milad celebrations

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
zinger

Eid E Milad celebrations

Unread post by zinger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 am

Saw a rather curious sight yesterday at Bandra Kurla Complex and Jogeshwari in Mumbai

at BKC, i saw 8 to 9 tempos, lined up, one behind the other, tied to one another, with GIGANTIC speakers, blaring out bollywood numbers like Kamli (Dhoom 3), Yo Yo honey singh tracks and some other remixed bollywood numbers

i saw people dancing on the streets in typical tapori style the way they do in Mumbai

i saw women and young girls also dancing in the crowd (although this was only at jogeshwari), not at BKC

this is the scene one typically see in Ganapati, except that this time, i saw people in kurta-jeans, pathani suits etc, with skull caps and women in burkhas.

This was the "procession" of Eid E Milad celebrations.

I didnt take any pics because i was too busy handling my laptop, but im wishing now that i did.

im wondering since when did Sunni Muslims start celebrating Eid E Milad like this???

what happened to the Madehs and solemn procession and when did it become about bollywood numbers and men and women dancing in such gay abondon

When i spoke to a friend about this, he said the same thing happened in Dongri too, except that they had speakers on a hand card and huge rally of men on motorbikes, holding flags, making a nuisance of traffic the way it happens during Ganesutsav

An accident also occoured because of these giant speakers

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... wMode=HTML

humanbeing

Re: Eid E Milad celebrations

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am

I have seen such celebrations in Pune too; roadshow trucks decorated in green cloths with cresecent moon flags, stars, swords ( resembling saudi flag) all around and muslim boys wearing green headbands shouting slogans ( nara-e-takbeer, allah-o-akbar) with mounted speakers blaring madehs and nohas ( interestingly sung by sonu nigam, if im correct) and passing cavalcade of cheering bikers. Some also carry swords, which make it a scary picture.

I myself was once startled when I saw such parade and thought it was a riot situation, my non muslims friends trembled at that sight, until we realized its celebratory !

However this trends of pandal celebration blocking roadways has become common amongst all faiths now in india, be it hindus, Christians, or muslims are now celebrating in similar fashion ! such a Shame !

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 am

It is a shame. This is monkey see monkey do and nothing more. The idiots who participate in these processions will be the last ones to enter a mosque during namaaz time. This is how people normally demonstrate their "Love" for people to other people, where the need is only to demonstrate said "Love".

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm

DBL-ANAJMI - and whoever else.

Why don't you guys just Lay off each other and take your vendetta elsewhere in private messagesPM.
This public display of ping-pong could be on its own separate server or at least another thread devoted just for mutual pointless bashing - and whoever else cares to join.
Just leave it out of the public forum. It takes two to play, just one to stop the game! :)
It's getting tiresome here, while ADMIN ignores this pinging and ponging.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:27 pm

alam,

Is anyone forcing you to read those posts? Ignore them. Skip over them. Do something instead other than just complaining all the time.

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Thank you Admin for deleting the objectionable posts in a timely manner.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Any action by the followers of Islam which presents a distorted picture of Islam, and also the Prophet (s.a.w.), must be strongly opposed. On this auspicious day what better deed one can think of presenting the true picture of the prophet of ' Islam (who is proclaimed by Allah as RAHMATUL LIL AALAMEEN) before the world. The Muslims without batting an eyelid accept any thing wrongly attributed to any other faith's beliefs, how can they think it will not be vice-versa .

Can subjecting people to inconvenience be an act to commemorate the virtues of "RAHMAT........." First of all shouting slogans/ playing records on mikes in a manner which will only please the likes of politicians in preparation of elections would never have been allowed by Prophet (s.a.w.).Who ever are responsible for conducting these shows could have
thought to present the true side of the Prophet' with these efforts and money at their disposal, in a peaceful manner.like arranging Blood donation campaigns and distribution of alms to poor irrespective of cast and creed, feeding the hungry etc which will have explained the meanings of the words " RAHMATUL LIL AALAMEEN" to each and every one..

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 am

one member sent me a pm yesterday, saying that all these muslims who do things like these are not muslims at all.

my reply to him was that in that case then, heaven is going to be an awfully lonely place, because it seems that the only real muslims are the Sunni Muslims and the Reformists on this site, everyone else is destined for hell

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

zinger wrote:heaven is going to be an awfully lonely place, because it seems that the only real muslims are the Sunni Muslims and the Reformists on this site, everyone else is destined for hell
Every sect has some good and some bad followers hence it is not right to paint all and sundry with the same brush and BTW The Dai claims to have the ownership rights of Jannat due to which he makes sure that every abde carries with him the compulsory recommendation letter as according to him Allah (swt) will only admit the ones who posses such letters from the "Rightful" owner of Jannat which according to abdes is the Dai !! Hence, you will find ONLY abde bohras roaming the beautiful streets of Jannat and gathering for 3 times Fakhir Jaman of 2 kharas and 2 mithas, after the mandatory Matam ni majlis !! Wow, what a sight to watch !!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 pm

zinger wrote:one member sent me a pm yesterday, saying that all these muslims who do things like these are not muslims at all.

my reply to him was that in that case then, heaven is going to be an awfully lonely place, because it seems that the only real muslims are the Sunni Muslims and the Reformists on this site, everyone else is destined for hell
Br Zinger
Seems like you do not pay too much attention to the Maajalis and Waiz you go to at Abde Center. It has been repeated so many times that
"Apna Moula Tamara wastey Jannat naa Zaamin Chey, Apna Moula Taher Saifuddin Tamari Angli Pakdi ney tamare Jannat Maa Laye Jasey"
Even Mansoos mentioned that his brother Huzefa is in Jannat with Panjatan Pak and Moula Taher Saifuddin since Mansoos talked to him.
So Yes Jannat is going to be very lonely place since only Abde Followers of Kothari Goons are going to be there and may be more lonelier since only Pristine Bohras of Badrijanab will be there
So here is the deal Br Zinger Please decide between you and Badrijanab who is the right Dawoodi Bohra to be in Jannat :roll:

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 pm

zinger wrote:one member sent me a pm yesterday, saying that all these muslims who do things like these are not muslims at all.

Br zinger is not telling truth
I never said in my PM that "all these muslims who do things like these are not muslims at all.".
This is exactly I said in PM
Br zinger

ASAK

Sorry, can't participate in discussion therefore PM

In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids. Therefore we do not have Eid Milad un Nabi as well Eid Ghadhir.

You did not ask these people if they were Sunni or Non Bohri Shia, did U? You just assumed that they were Sunni!

This is useless discussion in Bohra forum.

At the best we do is remember Prophet in our heart little bit longer on this days.

I will be glad to elaborate on this in non Bohra forum.

Wasalaam
Admin
Please permit this post since I want truth to come out.
BTW this thread belongs in Islam section.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 pm

‘Those against celebration of Prophet’s birthday are like Yazeed’

Lucknow: In a meeting on second day of celebrations of birth of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) organized by The All India Ulama and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB), the participants derided those who spoke against celebration of birth anniversary of the last Prophet. They are trying to disturb peace in the community and showing Islam as a violent religion, they said.

All the religious organizations and several reputed people of the community present, like Atiqul Rehman of Ahle-Sunnat committee echoed the same sentiments.

The Member of Nadwatul Uloom, Rabey Hasan Nadwi’s comment against celebration of birth anniversary was declared as “against Islam” and denounced, pointing that it hurts the feelings of 80% of India’s Muslims who are “Ahle-Sunnat” and followers of more syncretic Sufi traditions.

Ahraz Ahmed Qadri of Jama Masjid said, “One side are the Muslims who have gathered peacefully to spread the message of peace and harmony, while on the other side people with vested interests are giving hate speeches for political gains.”

President of the board, Syed Faraz Ahmed Amiri Chisti also condemned the statement made by Nadwatul Ulama.

Syed Babar Ashraf said, “We are peace loving Muslims and Husaini. We Indian Muslims will not tolerate the ideologies of Yazeed.” He also “urged” the Indian government to take actions against those “enemies of Islam.”
He reminded that the AIUMB aims to “to wipe out the evil elements of the community and stop the violence in the name of Islam by preaching humanity taught by our Prophet.”

Maulana Kumail Ashrafi of Madarsa Ghausia Ashrafia, Mohammad Zafar Ansari of RWA, Sufi Muhammad Zaheer, Maulana Ghulam Rasool of Sultani Hind Peace Foundation, Maulana Taj Muhammad Azhari and several other people attended the meeting.

http://twocircles.net/2014jan16/%E2%80% ... im+News%29

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Milad-un-Nabi now-a-days means” gana bajana” and “shor sharaba”

Despite a fatwa issued by Jamia Nizamia, an important Islamic seminary in the city recently to admonish loud music, DJs, dancing and causes inconvenience to the public in general on the occasion of the Prophet’s birth anniversary and advised moderation in celebrations,Milad-un-Nabi, observed on January 14 this year, turned into a grand celebration complete with “gana bajana” and “shor sharaba”.

When we draw a distinction with the past when the day was more about fasting, attending lectures on the seerat (the Prophet’s life) and listening to recitations of the Quran in neighbourhood mosques, the Milad-un-Nabi ( peace be upon him) this year saw bike rallies, sloganeering and observers dancing crazily to the tunes of DJs , much like in any other festival.

The festivities, which was once confined to the Old City and its peripheral areas, surprisingly reached the well-heeled environs of Jubilee Hills and Banjara Hills too. Tthe number of public meetings in these areas doubled from 10 to 20 this year, police said.

“The surged in Milad-un-Nabi activity in Banjara Hills and Jubilee Hills is the highest seen so far and is a recent trend. A police official noted that most of the youngsters in these rallies were below the age of 18,”.

The Old City also become aware of its share of increased religiosity. Markazi Anjuman-e-Quadria (MAQ), an umbrella body of 22 Muslim organisations, set up 13 ‘stages’ in various parts of town as contrary to four last year. Apart from a rally from Mecca Masjid to Haj House organised by Sunni United Forum of India, another procession was organised in Yakutpura by MAQ

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/milad-un-na ... r-sharaba/

alwan

Unread post by alwan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Muslim First wrote:In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids
can you quote Quran regarding this ? or can you tell how you came to believe this ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Before asking someone for a quote from the Quran, you should be prepared to counter from the Quran. Are you? Can you quote from the Quran that it is ok to celebrate birthdays the with these demonstrations and processions?

The lives of the prophets and the Imams have been captured in many book by many sects. Can you show a single reference to a single great Imam or prophet (saw) celebrating his or her own birthday? There is a lesson to be learnt even from things that the prophets of Allah did not indulge in.

From some of your posts, I have seen that you do not have much knowledge and are not someone who is interested in doing any research beyond what you have been spoon fed. You should spend some time studying.

alwan

Unread post by alwan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

anajmi wrote:Can you quote from the Quran that it is ok to celebrate birthdays

No.
Actually my knowledge in Quran is not so good therefore can't answer your question
I have seen that you do not have much knowledge

sadly, that's correct

The reason i asked because the statement made by Mulim First
"In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids"

As per my little understanding of Quran, i haven't come across such guidance....maybe there is somewhere in the Quran and i haven't noticed it. maybe some batin meaning of some verse.

A thing is halal if not declared haram in Quran.
But then again it is not a must that you do everything which is halal.
if celebrating birthdays is halal, and if one doesn't like to celebrate birthdays, he shouldn't.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:48 pm

I don't think that the issue is with regard to celebrating birthdays, it has more to do in the manner in which it is celebrated !!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 pm

No.
Actually my knowledge in Quran is not so good therefore can't answer your question
Then do not ask people to give quotes from the Quran. Try to do the research yourself.
A thing is halal if not declared haram in Quran.
But then again it is not a must that you do everything which is halal.
if celebrating birthdays is halal, and if one doesn't like to celebrate birthdays, he shouldn't.
And from whom did you learn these wise words?

I asked you a simple question, do you know of any instance of any prophet or great Imam celebrating his birthday? I am assuming your answer to that question is going to be no. Because 1) you haven't done the research or 2) you haven't found any such instance.

Have you understood Islam better than these prophets? My assumption is that you haven't. So if the prophets chose not to celebrate their birthdays pompously, we can safely assume that Islam does not like such celebrations. We learn how to follow Islam and the Quran from the action of the prophets. What they did is halal, what they did not do, might not be haram, but is most certainly not preferred. If it were, then they would've done it.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 am

We need to understand the essence of celebration. Islam is definitely not against celebrations, my personal opinion from common sense. But what happens in reality is opulence, extravagant wastage, display of greed, power, showmanship and and hidden manipulations.

Celebrations has to be subtle and beneficial for all, no one shall be put to any inconvenience. Real celebrations is acts of charity, quiet and meaningful sermons, social acts such as cleanliness drives, afforestations, etc.

Loud and pompous types of celebrations are programmed by vested interest politically or commercially, which are mindless resource consuming activities. We are so programmed / influenced / swayed by such celebration tactics, we tend to imitate them in personal birthdays, anniversaries or public celebrations to prove a point ( love, affection, allegiance or obedience).

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:19 am

Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday – To Celebrate or not to Celebrate
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6945&p=90355&hilit= ... ion#p90355

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 pm

The prophet (saw) has given us all kinds of directions. For example

He tells us which dua to recite when you enter the bathroom.
He tells us which dua to recite when you exit the bathroom.
He tells us which Foot to put first when entering or when exiting the bathroom.
He tells us that we should wear our footwear on the right leg first.
He tells us which dua to recite when you look into the mirror
He tells us which dua to recite when you leave or enter your home.
He tells us which dua to recite when you wake up.
He tells us which dua to recite when you go to sleep.

I can list hundreds of these dua. There are books written about these duas that the prophet (saw) has taught and the etiquettes that he has taught us. Not one among these deals with birthdays. Isn't that surprising, if Islam allows birthday celebrations?

If you want to celebrate birthdays, keep them in your house. Do not talk about Islam when talking about birthdays. Do not ask for hadith and ayahs with regards to birthdays. And above all, do not make them a part of Islam as they are not!!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm

When it comes to "celebrating" any festival and literally wasting lots of money, all religions have a bad track record.

Christmas has become such a commercial enterprise in the western world, particularly in the USA!! Other countries are fast catching up! Santa Claus, Christmas trees, decorations etc have taken the place of what the birth of Christ actually means..those have absolutely nothing to do with a Baby who was born in a cowshed, as part of a carpenter's family and in a geographical region where no fir trees exist!!! I wonder how many poor people of the world get help during that time!

If only a fraction of what is wasted could be put aside for those who don't even have enough to meet their basic needs, it would please God so much! At Diwali time, the whole of India burns up so many crores of rupees without even thinking that the poor sweepers who clean up the mess the next day and the child labourers who actually make the crackers don't even have enough to eat, let alone waste, on that day.

Not surprising that many people's minds don't even stray in the direction of Muzaffarnagar where so many human beings of God's creation are suffering untold misery and death of children and old people.

alwan

Unread post by alwan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:At Diwali time, the whole of India burns up so many crores of rupees without even thinking that the poor sweepers who clean up the mess the next day and the child labourers who actually make the crackers don't even have enough to eat, let alone waste, on that day.
Ghulam,

I dont want argue but at diwali people burn crackers and not the money.

The money money goes into circulation amongst the people including me, you, poor sweepers who clean up the mess the next day and the child labourers who actually make the crackers.

Most likely I may be wrong in my thinking but please do tell how am I wrong so that I can change my thinking.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:45 pm

alwan wrote:I dont want argue but at diwali people burn crackers and not the money.
Bro, How do you buy crackers ??..... With Money ! So ultimately if you are burning crackers worth Rs.5,000/- (which lasts for not more then 5 minutes) then you have burnt Rs.5,000/- in 5 minutes !! Its that simple.
alwan wrote:The money money goes into circulation amongst the people including me, you, poor sweepers who clean up the mess the next day and the child labourers who actually make the crackers.
You can look at it from another angle............ Child labour is involved here to a very great extent and they work in very hazardous environment. This same labour can be used in other industries which are much much safer although child labour is bad in any circumstances and many countries including India prohibits the same. Regarding the sweepers, anyways he is going to clean streets but we are giving him the extra load by burning crackers.

I am not advocating a total ban on firecrackers but only pointing out the disadvantages. People are free to do what they feel and celebrate occasions but there are surely other ways of doing so which doesn't disturb or effect others !!

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 am

Muslim First wrote:

Br zinger is not telling truth
I never said in my PM that "all these muslims who do things like these are not muslims at all.".
This is exactly I said in PM
Br zinger

ASAK

Sorry, can't participate in discussion therefore PM

In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids. Therefore we do not have Eid Milad un Nabi as well Eid Ghadhir.

You did not ask these people if they were Sunni or Non Bohri Shia, did U? You just assumed that they were Sunni!

This is useless discussion in Bohra forum.

At the best we do is remember Prophet in our heart little bit longer on this days.

I will be glad to elaborate on this in non Bohra forum.

Wasalaam
Admin
Please permit this post since I want truth to come out.
BTW this thread belongs in Islam section.

hello MF bhai, i missed this thread of yours in all that has been going on.

well, lets play simple english games ok.

you said that "In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids.[/color][/b] Therefore we do not have Eid Milad un Nabi as well Eid Ghadhir."

do feel free to correct me if im wrong. but by logical inference, what you are saying that if in true Islam you celebrate only 2 Eids, then by the same logical inference, it means that who so ever celebrates more than the above-mentioned 2 Eids is..... and do correct me if im wrong... "not followers of true Islam"?????????

i do believe that even a 5 year old can use logical reasoning and arrive at the point that you are trying to make

now using the same logical reasoning, you might want to rephrase your statements as "In true Islam we do not celebrate Birthdays. We celebrate only 2 Eids.[/color][/b] Therefore we do not have Eid Milad un Nabi as well Eid Ghadhir. BUT THOSE WHO CELEBRATE MORE THAN 2 EIDS ARE NOT NECESSARILY NOT FOLLOWERS OF TRUE ISLAM"

now had you clarified your stand then and there, we would not be having this conversation.

i trust most readers here are intelligent enough to arrive at the conclusion that my inference of what you were inferring to, was correct. if not, then my reply above should suffice to clarify it

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Br zinger
ASAK
I am sure you know what Bidda is.
Translated it means Innovation.
Prophet, Sahabas never celebrated more than 2 Eids.
Eid Milad un Nabi and Eid Ghadhir are innovations.
Wasalaam

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:09 am

Muslim First wrote:Br zinger
ASAK
Wasalaam
MF bhai,

Walekum As Salam.

Yes. i know what Bidah means.

Unfortunately, your mind is shut to everything so this is going to go nowhere. Because if it was open, you would realize that Islam, like every other religion is about tolerance and acceptance. unfortunately, your version of Islam is "my way of the highway"

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am

zinger wrote:
Muslim First wrote:Br zinger
ASAK
Wasalaam
MF bhai,

Walekum As Salam.

Yes. i know what Bidah means.

Unfortunately, your mind is shut to everything so this is going to go nowhere. Because if it was open, you would realize that Islam, like every other religion is about tolerance and acceptance. unfortunately, your version of Islam is "my way of the highway"
I really think you do not understand meaning of Bidah
My mind is not shut. I consider myself as progressive Muslim and never mouth off or criticize any brother or sister in real life. I have close Bohri family friends and have never said anything to criticize their version of Islam, even though I believe and they also recognize is full of Bidah.

We Mainstream Muslims hear this Hadith in every Friday Khutba.
"Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim).
Translation of the above Hadith:
Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance goes to Hell fire.
I know you never heard this in Bayans in your Masjids.
This is what Prophet said
It is up to you to pay heed to Prophet's saying and to what degree.
Wasalaam

Sujud

Unread post by Sujud » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:33 am

We'll if I were to take this sentence literally with no context it would sound
If u have innovations, u will burn in hell.
Then how will we develop
What's the context of this quote.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Here are 2 Ahadith

:?: The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).

And he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also said: "… and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224) from Jaabir bin Abdullaah and it is saheeh as declared by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in Majmoo' ul-Fataawaa (3/58).

I am sure you will understand even without context

Read http://www.kalamullah.com/innovations.html