Back to basic Nasihat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohri

Back to basic Nasihat

Unread post by bohri » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:47 pm

A small diversion from topics of today, but hopefully a reminder that there was a lot of good in our community. Many of us are getting so cynical and sceptical that we are choosing to opt out rather than strive to return to our rightful heritage of a wise, peaceful, trustworthy and kind community. That is what the Reform movement is all about, at least to me.

I fondly remember my mum reciting the Marsiya below to us, not just as a chant but reminding us to be good people.

Unfortunately, today I do not understand all the words. I would appreciate if someone can provide context on the author, when it would have been written and a translation please. I think there is a line about obedience to husband that may just be reflective of sensibility of the time it was written.

https://6372e339-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0

seeker110

Re: Back to basic Nasihat

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:52 am

Beautiful, all I remember is Kika bhai jaldi parooh. Thanks brother.

Nietzsche

Unread post by Nietzsche » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 am

Unfortunately, this community has degenerated into a cult. So many driven people, if united by a competent and altruistic leader, could accomplish so much good. The well respected Dawoodi Bohra community is being destroyed as a result of the greed and callousness of the present leadership.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:21 am

We were there once, so we know the way. we will get there, soon. We still raise good kids, not slaves (abdes).