Compulsory Attendance for Misaak

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Being_Bohra

Compulsory Attendance for Misaak

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 am

I received a message about attending the misaak which is happening tomorrow in my city. They want us to get our ITS cards just so that they can keep a track of who's in and who's out.

does any one have any idea bout the repercussions here.

silvertongue

Re: Compulsory Attendance for Misaak

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 am

Just ignore it if you dont want to go... Tell them that uev lost ur ITS card just to be safe.. Or its simple.. Tell them that ur Mustaqal Bohra now.. :-)

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:06 am

Being_Bohra wrote:I received a message about attending the misaak which is happening tomorrow in my city. They want us to get our ITS cards just so that they can keep a track of who's in and who's out.

does any one have any idea bout the repercussions here.
Which City?

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 am

pune

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 am

Missaq majlis last week in my city. ITS card scanned. If you didn't have your card, then they recorded name.

I didn't go. Not decided who is 53rd dai yet.

My friends told me that they will ban people who did not attend missaq from imamat namaz, hope it's not true.

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:22 am

which city Sceptical?

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 am

Heard from a relative in Indore, India they are not just recording who attended the misaq but also if you attended the live relay oif SMBs janaza procession and how many of the family members attending the 40th in Mumbai. They are also pressuring to make everyone attend the 40th day in Mumbai.

shehzada

Unread post by shehzada » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 am

Second Misaq Majlis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: Al Masjid Al Badri

When: Sunday February 16th, 2014

Start Time: 12:10pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A second Misaq majlis is being held for the mumineen who were not able to take their misaq last Sunday. All mumineens who have still not taken their misaq, must attend this misaq majlis.

Amil Saheb Janab Kaizar bhaisaheb will be leaving for Mumbai on February 17th. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that all mumineen not miss this misaq majlis.

Program will be as follows:

12:10pm - Zohr/Asr Namaaz

12:30pm - Misaq Majlis

followed by Salawaat Jaman, all mumineen are given izan
Shukran,

Anjuman-e-Saifee, Chicago

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

Not yet where I am from but certain sectors this Saturday. Guess what these are small centers formed just for Ramzan but Aamil deciding to take Misak center wise do that he can get a fat Salam.

Clever Amil, stupid people

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Right now God must be really sad. This is wat he would say, "I sent Islam through my beloved Rasullah and Quran. Man u have reduced it to biddaah."

Has there been a single mention of Rasullah or Quran in any of these majlisis so far???????

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Alright its this Sunday here. Parents have already put me on notice to attend. I said will see and they said I have to.

I had a chat with my mom on issues again this eve. She wants me to closet eyes and ears and not bother about anything but just follow Moula. I told her I can't I won't. But yeah she wants me for the Misak. Someday she will understand I hope.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:34 pm

My ITS card is lost somewhere in document shredder. And as far as "have to" I "dont have to" go anywhere and dont "have to" do what someone says.

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:03 pm

I fight and fight with my heart and soul for right path because this meesaak majlis coming up on me - and now I don't feel agreeable to all they say about - about absolute obedience, but more important is the fact that I cannot accept Syedna Mufaddal as someone who I can trust wholeheartedly... Like I did syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, especially for spiritual guidance.. I know syedna Burhanuddin not perfect in governing and being executive of large organist ion, and bigger mistake of not being clear when for 49 years and make us believe in mazoon rutba. And now this POW or Pearls of Wisdom they send, and on misaaq - they completely re-writing history to suit their agenda of power, saying mazoon rutba not important.

This syedna Mufaddal seems just reading all things either from speech writers and parroting from previous syednas bayaans. And only times he speaks off the cuff and from his heart, he is so SCARY, insulting, rude and irrational, shows his true colors. That's why I can't trust him, because I don't think he is a good person, so how can he be good spiritual leader?

Anyway I am upset because my husband is nice man- honest and innocent, just completely sell his soul and give all money to Kothar, and I am trying to give him strength because he trust me and love me completely...so I agree to go to misaak just for Show... He knows that and now he is hurt and confused - because he can't understand how manipulation works in Kothat, .. I think because he a man and can't accept he's been taken for a ride.. Big time.
But I want him to realize - I think it's matter of time.. This misaak is another way of guilt tripping the masses..By Kothar.
I feel so bad I don't know maybe my sister friends take misaaq too- I cry if they do. I feel such a coward, but what do I do, I can't just not do misaaq, then they will torment and harass my family and force him to leave me.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Sister samina why dont you invite your husband on this forum?

salsabeel

Unread post by salsabeel » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 pm

AgnosticIndian wrote:Alright its this Sunday here. Parents have already put me on notice to attend. I said will see and they said I have to.

I had a chat with my mom on issues again this eve. She wants me to closet eyes and ears and not bother about anything but just follow Moula. I told her I can't I won't. But yeah she wants me for the Misak. Someday she will understand I hope.
I heard the same from a lot of relatives. 'dont think, just look at mola' because if they commit the sin of thinking then muffy will feel totally out of place

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Our community is set to doom in 20 years from now, no emphasis on education, no emphasis on honesty and sincerity, education is the most important weapon to fight poverty, it opens peoples' mind, kothar does want to think and ask them questions.
People might have money because of the century old business of their forefathers but the present generation will be in shambles if they don't have proper degrees to enter the human capital workforce.
Education is also needed to run proper business and many of the community people don't know how to run businesses as well, they have gone far behind the communities in running good businesses. A sad state of affairs. Very disheartening that our elders (kothar) squeeze money out of us for their benefit and prosperity.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Rebel wrote:Our community is set to doom in 20 years from now, no emphasis on education, no emphasis on honesty and sincerity, education is the most important weapon to fight poverty, it opens peoples' mind, kothar does want to think and ask them questions.
People might have money because of the century old business of their forefathers but the present generation will be in shambles if they don't have proper degrees to enter the human capital workforce.
Education is also needed to run proper business and many of the community people don't know how to run businesses as well, they have gone far behind the communities in running good businesses. A sad state of affairs. Very disheartening that our elders (kothar) squeeze money out of us for their benefit and prosperity.
my forecast is short, 5 years.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Misaq majlis today. Trying the I am not well trick with folks at home. If it doesn't work will go and just give my presence but no Na'am from me. Wife is asking for najwa money and I told her no need. But I know she will. I won't though.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Misaaq doesnt completes untill you go and shake hands with imaam in the end....and offcourse give him the money cover.

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 am

Saminaben

I understand ur dilemma. But, i am a woman and i dint take the misaak.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:07 am

Misaq is not a generally practised in Islamic societies . Whether one does it sincerely or not has not bearing on being judged as an Muslim .

I would have suggested go bluff the Amil, pay a token...but islamically it is wrong to take or demand such oaths . But we don't want a hypocritical faith. I suggest just go and watch silently don't say nam and in your heart say AuzuBiLlah and Ask Allah to forgive you.

IF you read the translation it is some ridiculous oath made by a paranoid fearing minority . In the old days poor pagans or natives may have feared after taking oath not to desert the community for fear of consequences. But when one studies contemporary islam you realise it is scary fairy tale stuff.

I have asked a Sunni molvi about misaq and he was surprised what all this nonsense is. He told be to be careful with such heretic stuff. I told him people are taking it under threat of barat or family consequences. He was sympathetic and was going to to talk to the Dawah Association for advising how Bohras can circumvent such threats.

I wonder what advise Taha, Anajmi or Muslim First would gave regarding how a Muslim in oppression where they feared their livelihood need to do while taking misaq ?

godmoney

Unread post by godmoney » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:38 am

All they want is Just MONEY nothing else

In mumbai hussaini masjid got a sms as below

"Syedi qasimbhai saheb Hakimuddin(DM) will preside for misaq Majlis all mumineen,muminaat of Husaini Mohalla are requested to please be present by 5.30pm. Kindly bring your ITS card for scanning also bring 4 covers for silatul imam,, haqun nafs, aqa maula (TUS ) najwa $ shz saheb salaam."

N the rate of salam is fixed..they want ladies to remove there gold bangles n give ....Lol

questions

Unread post by questions » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 am

Being_Bohra wrote:Saminaben

I understand ur dilemma. But, i am a woman and i dint take the misaak.
Thank you I am encouraged to hear it as I have not gone to round I in my city
And am under moral pressure from friends to go for round 2

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 am

This I fond somewhere on internet
Translation of the Dawoodi Bohra Meethak.
1. "And if the Imam of the time or his Dai calls upon you to war against the enemy then you should make war. You should help with your life and property. And you should obey the Imam of the time or his Dai sincerely......Say yes.
2. And whatever the Imam of the time or his Dai orders you to obey you should obey the Dai and you shall not become a sinner (by disobedience); and you shall not become hostile to the Dai. You shall not falsify the Dai.
3. You shall keep up the command of the Imam and that Imam is Imam Tayeb Abul Qasim Amirul-Mominin. He is your Imam.
4. And you shall accept the order of the Dai of Imam in all things. And you shall not use that thing which the Dai shall forbid you, and you shall not take steps (towards it). You shall love him whom the Dai loves. You shall be enemy to him with whom the Dai is hostile. You shall war against him whom the Dai makes war. Any person transgressing those engagements to the Dai is outside the pale of religion. Whether he be great or small, whether he is a close relation or a distant one you shall not have any intercourse with him. You shall not correspond with him openly or secretly. You shall not do any act calculated to be friendly to him. And by no manner or means or pretense shall see the enemy of the Dai. The enemy of the Dai is your enemy.....Say yes.
5. And you shall attend on the summons (of) the Imam or the Dai to make religious war. At that time you shall not shirk or play the coward. You shall with all heart spend your property and your life in the cause of the Dai. You shall report fully to the Dai or to the Deputy of the Dai any person who transgresses the covenant of the Imamuzamam...Say yes.
6. And you shall not permit yourself to be induced to withhold assistance from the Dai, service and obedience to him, and prevent you from carrying out the order of the Dai. Further you shall not offer any disbeliever to turn you away from taking the oath of the covenant to the Dai. You shall render perfect service with your property and with the offer of your life (to the Dai). The master of your life is the Dai or the Imam of the time.....Say yes.
7. ...unavailable….(This has been omitted from ex. 17)
8. ...unavailable…(This has been omitted from ex. 17)
9. And you shall be pleased by the order of the Dai of the Imam. The Dai shall raise among you or degrade among you persons as he likes. He shall gift to and shall deprive persons as he pleases. The Dai shall reward persons and shall punish them in his discretion. The Dai shall smile upon or shall break his wrath on whomsoever he thinks fit. You shall be pleased in that which Dai is pleased....Say yes.
10. The person to whom the oath is due enjoins to this effect that if a person on whom it is made obligatory by me to keep faith to the oath openly or secretly breaks it the defaulter is forsaken by God the Creator of the Earth and heavens, the framer of the limbs of the creatures, the conferer of blessings on him, and the Bestower of health. The breaker of the oath is shut out from the books Tawrat (laws of Moses), Injeel (The Bible), Zaboor (Psalms of David), and the Holy Quran. He is also deprived of the perfect words (Blessings of the Imam)....Say yes.
11. If a person taking the oath breaks it, all his possessions, i.e. moveables, cash, housing, utensils, jewels, ornaments, carriages, horses, cattle, milking cows, she buffaloes, slaves, males and females and all worldly materials become unlawful for him. All his property is liable to be looted and to be distributed among the poor and the needy. When he takes the oath again and accepts all the terms of that covenant then his things become lawful to him and then only he is entitled to get his things back...say yes.
12. All the benefits which he had already enjoyed (from his possessions) becomes unlawful i.e. with a prospective effect unless he takes the oath afresh (the past enjoyments) do not become lawful. Say yes. All the slaves males and females of the breaker of the oath become free and the defaulter loses all ownership over them until a fresh oath and he keeps faith with the covenant...say yes.
13. And if the breaker of the covenant has a wife that wife becomes forbidden to him. The breach of covenant has the effect of three Talaqs (divorce) against the wife i.e. Kataee , Haraj and Sunnat (three forms of divorce). The woman can never marry him again, neither can he take her as a wife.. say yes. If the breaker of the oath performs Hajj thirty times with naked feet even then God shall not forgive him his sin (in breaking the covenant) nor God shall accept his Hajj. But if he takes the oath again by the true Dai's covenant, his master, then and then alone God shall accept his Hajj, his prayers, fasts and other good deeds. ... say yes.
14. And the breaker of the covenant accursed of God by that curse which was inflicted on Iblis, the Satan the effect of which was that paradise was lost to Satan and hell became his inheritance.
15. And the breaker of the covenant shall face his God as Kafir and apostate after his death. He is beyond redemption by the power of God. He will be thrown on his own soul and shall curse him and shall extend hell to him which hell is the worst of all places. There is no God but the Merciful and Benevolent. The Defaulter turns away his face from the worship of God and turns it to the worship of idols. All Kafirs worship idols and thus shall become attached to the idol and the grace of God shall destroy the breaker of the oath with rapidity and shall confine him to hell in which there is nothing but torture...say yes.
16. There is no freedom for your soul but loyalty to the covenant and there is no salvation for you but in fulfilling the terms of the covenant. You have made God your witness and the testimony of God is enough...say yes.
17. You heard my words and you are pleased with my conditions. The person to whom the covenant is due say that you took upon your neck the obligation to hear the covenant of God and you took the mighty oath and you gave oath of allegiance which is very strong and which for our Lord the Imam Tayeb Abul Qasim Amiril Mominin may the peace of God be on him and his holy ancestors and the generous descendants who are expected till the day of resurrection.

When Imam Tayeb went in seclusion owing to the high handedness of the oppressors, he left in Dawat three ranks behind him, namely, the rank of Dai, the rank of Mazoon and the rank of Mukasir. Owing to the existence of these three ranks the existence of Imam of the time is known to be in existence. The present Dai of the Imam of the time is the grand Maulana the singular Sayedna Zainuddin, may God prolong his life and his Mazoon is Bhai Saheb Shaikh Adam and his Mukasir is Bhai Saheb Hibtula Bhai. Whoever recognizes Zainuddin and these three ranks he recognizes the imam of the time...say yes.
18. Then be pleased that you have given the oath of allegiance to the Imam and his Dai, God says in the Quran to Prophet: "O Mohammed the people do not give the oath of allegiance to you, rather they give it to God. The hand of God is above the hands of all people". Whoever breaks the covenant his soul will be tormented and whoever fulfills the covenant God will bless him and will highly recompense him.
19. The person from whom the Misaq is taken says that God may keep firm to the covenant and it may not be that he may treat the covenant as a mere deposit. May God grant you and me, the true believers, to be faithful to the covenant and may God keep you and me steadfast to His obedience and the obedience of God's prophet and the obedience of Wali of God, the present Imam and his Dai and may God make it complete for you and us to remain firm for the mercy of God through the good end. And (all) praise is due to God, the one, the great Avenger; and peace of God be on Mohammed the Selected and on his wasi, Preserver, and on his Progeny, the good, the pure, the righteous.

And Salaam!
20. It is written on the 10th of the month of Rabiul Awal by the slave of Grand Dai Maulana Zainuddin, may God prolong his life, Ahmedji the son of Mulla Nurkhanji in the year 1248 (hijra) in the town of Ajmer, may God the Exalted protect him."

subcon111

Re: Compulsory Attendance for Misaak (Nairobi)

Unread post by subcon111 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:14 am

There were 2 mishaq majlises on Saturday in Langata and on Sunday in town. Majlis started with a clip of SMS explaining that a new dai takes mishaq and read from bayaan of STS (ra) and SMB (ra) when they took their first mishaq (SMS does not appear to have any original thoughts of his own). Then the amil started his own bhashan. Talked about the shanaat of SMB (ra). Then started reading excerpts from the nass kitab about the signs that SMS is the chosen successor. Actually none of the arguments that are in there carry much weight. After that he prayed the misaq wordings. Then Sh. Hussein Hebatullah stood up and asked all the people who are willing to take baraat from SKQ (tus) to stand and take baraat and say lanaat. Amil Dawood Nuruddin also took baraat and said lanaat. These lackeys of SMS are carrying out what they have been told by the higher-ups. The fact that this is going and SMS is not putting a stop to is is condoning the behavior.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:58 am

if some misaaq will be forced on me, I am happily gonna donate my ITS card, saya kurta, susi ni hijaar, jari wali topi..... :wink:

yuzarsif

Unread post by yuzarsif » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:11 am

Those who are making compulsion for attendance , forgot the Ayah in Quran "la iqra ha fiddin" , which they recite daily.

TheLiberatedOne

Unread post by TheLiberatedOne » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:48 am

Total agree with yuzarsif.....

yuzarsif

Unread post by yuzarsif » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 am

TheLiberatedOne wrote:Total agree with yuzarsif.....
Who cares what Allah ( Subhanahu ) says, they only care about how to make a dumb abde, who will be ready to give Jaan and maal at the command of Moula. they made bohras unaware about Quran and Islam , so that they can extract as much money as they can for their luxurious life style. Most of the bohras are unaware about such Ayah in Quran.

confused_mumin

Unread post by confused_mumin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 am

Phew its been long that i came here & posted something.

Anyways..

So yesterday was misaaq ceremony in my city.
The respected aamil said :
Khao Kasam Ane Kaho Naam..
All of them said 'Naam'
& I said
'AAM'.
Even at the time of Shafaqat no Haath ceremony (Cover Ceremony),i said 'Naam' and due to the huge noise around the aamil could not make out what i said.
Misaaq over.Job well done.
:D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: