What matters most, truth or change?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
notruthinreligion

What matters most, truth or change?

Unread post by notruthinreligion » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:12 am

Recent times have been trying and testing to any person remotely connected to the Dawoodi Bohra community. While the succession fiasco has been heart breaking and soul shattering for most bohras, it has enabled a few to do some soul searching by forcing them to ask questions and think progressively. I write this with reverence to the greatest religion I know. A religion that is devoid of power and politics; a religion away from tyrannical practices and submissive acts; a religion that values human life, love and respect above all. A religion that not only promises heaven in the afterlife but realizes it in one's lifetime. A religion that is now forgotten... A religion called humanity...

The two factions SKQ and MS are likely to establish their own empires. The Bohra in general are a business minded community and with the money existing within system, will perpetuate with prosperity, albeit under two different heads. In the long run, (my logical deduction says that) the dushmani will be forgotten and people will be comfortable following the faction that they believe in. Socially, occasionally they will hurl a laanat or two at the other faction, but by and large one's existence will not bother the other. What happens to faith in the mean time? Every faction claims guidance from the Imam. Is it too difficult to contemplate someone in the near future claiming Imamat for Himself? Where do we go then?

The average mumeen today believes he is special, he is made to believe so during high volume bayaans, where the speaker sheds false tears and explains how the Dai and Imam will provide deliverance on Judgement day. This feeling of being special makes a Bohra blind and oblivious to the naked truth of our community. I often wonder, how can one not realize that deliverance (if delivered), will be on account of deeds and not tears? All religions list their own 'Do's and Dont's'; the comprehensive spirit of all of these put together can be summed up in a kindergarten student's Moral science text book. Why is it so difficult for us then, with all the education, enhancements in media and science to understand this simple truth?

I want to clarify here that I (not that it matters) support neither factions. Off course we want to know the truth and follow who is right, but isn't it high time that we focus on the "What" instead of the "Who"? There are fundamental problems that plague our community (mankind overall). Mass corruption, shortage of basic infrastructure, disrespect of the poor, indifference towards female rights, lack of encouragement for education and progressive thinking, shortage of medical supplies to needy,etc. This is the "What", that is more important. Can we practice this religion, the religion of humanity and just focus on deliverance being doing good to mankind, by providing love and care to humanity on a whole.

There is no way that one can ever know the entire truth (Gautham Buddha and Mahavir Jain spent their lives trying to seek it!); we never will. Change in the other hand is both possible and desperately needed.

thanks for reading!

like_minded

Re: What matters most, truth or change?

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:43 am

Fantastic read!!

A religion called humanity!! That's so true!! But nobody follows that…

Because there is FEAR and GREED, Only if one is able to SEE its falseness, One can wake up.. Till then, nothing.. absolutely nothing is going to happen.

People live in illusions supplied by false beliefs, unless they challenge it by getting in touch with reality, I am afraid no good will happen.

Today Organised religion is a multi billion-dollar business, and the demand is growing by the day...

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 am

like_minded wrote:Fantastic read!! ...

I second that ^^

patrawala

Unread post by patrawala » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:02 am

super like!
jaago grahak jaago!