Khuzema Qutbuddin (and related topics)

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Fatema MN

Re: Khuzema Qutbuddin (and related topics)

Unread post by Fatema MN » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 am

@fulan ibn fulan
He is a proud father and he is very proud that his children have earned their doctorates. They are all well deserved, so what's wrong if he wants their names to be said correctly with the 'Dr.'? The video you are referring to is part of an official majlis, so I guess protocol demands that all names be announced with respect and with all the associated titles.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:34 am

fulan ibn fulan wrote:KQ definately doesn't like it when you don't refer to them as doctor. Have you not seen the video where they don't referto BT as Dr and he starts waving his hands around telling them to correct it. So while they may not kill you I am sure they will ask for forgiveness and possibly some dirty looks as well
They got their Ph D working hard and studying while Qaid Chor bought the fake PhD and then all the abdes did special Darees and felicitated him at the big show off event arranged by Kothari Goons (find the pictures at Zeninfosys)
Do not be such a hypocrite and double talker, if Kothari Goons do then it is ok but if some one else does it then it is otherway What do you expect from a brain wahsed Abde

fulan ibn fulan

Unread post by fulan ibn fulan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:39 pm

It is right to call someone by their title, agreed. But if, by mistake someone forgets to, is it worth stopping the whole majlis just for one word?
And once again SMB you surprise me, have you seen the certificate to know that it is fake? Do you work at that university to know it was bought and not earned? I highly doubt it. So please take you ridiculous theories and flush them away. It is absolute garbage. Heads of the uni came to give the PhD to Qaid-Johar Bhaisaheb. it wasnt some sort of dark ally transaction. It was official
On the topic of Qaid Johar Bhai Saheb, his Laqab is Ezuddin. I was in a majlis with him and someone gave a differeent name but he didnt start waving his hands asking them to correct it. He, like any other human being, realised it was a mistake and just let it go.

shehzada

Unread post by shehzada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Agreed Fulan, the stories of QJ's piety and humbleness are repeated throughout the world. He is extremely down to earth and has never uttered an ill word ever. QJ with his Laqab Ezuddin is the most interesting man in the world.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Ok so we are at stage 2 of SMS propaganda where QJ is better than the former mazoon. What a pity SMB could not even pick the 2nd best person as his mazoon in the last 10 years :roll:

Abdes was the mazoon even qualified to be the 3rd best or SMB made a catastrophic blunder and picked an am admi ?

fulan ibn fulan

Unread post by fulan ibn fulan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Look at you, can't think of a response so just belittling what I say and putting words in my mouth. did I ever say he was better than mazoon?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:22 pm

fulan ibn fulan wrote:And once again SMB you surprise me, have you seen the certificate to know that it is fake? Do you work at that university to know it was bought and not earned? I highly doubt it. So please take you ridiculous theories and flush them away. It is absolute garbage. Heads of the uni came to give the PhD to Qaid-Johar Bhaisaheb.
The abdes are sharing the news of Qaid Johar getting doctorate from the University of East London oblivious of the fact that he has joined the ranks of Dizzee Rascal, an English rapper who was also granted doctorate this year. So, expect Qaid Johar to dance with that rascal and sing "Ghanoo Jiyo Ghanoo Jiyo"
The university has also conferred doctorate on Subhash Chandra of Zee TV. In 2010, it had conferred doctorate to Preety Zinta. So, no big deal. Most probably, it must be getting huge donation as most of these celebrities are filth rich and don't mind paying a few millions for name and fame.
This university is relatively unknown and was established only in 1992
Mubarak ane mohanna thaaey

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8911

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:57 pm

believe it or not, London is full of crap universities, and most of these paise wala anpad log try to get doctorate from their for status.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
fulan ibn fulan wrote:And once again SMB you surprise me, have you seen the certificate to know that it is fake? Do you work at that university to know it was bought and not earned? I highly doubt it. So please take you ridiculous theories and flush them away. It is absolute garbage. Heads of the uni came to give the PhD to Qaid-Johar Bhaisaheb.
The abdes are sharing the news of Qaid Johar getting doctorate from the University of East London oblivious of the fact that he has joined the ranks of Dizzee Rascal, an English rapper who was also granted doctorate this year. So, expect Qaid Johar to dance with that rascal and sing "Ghanoo Jiyo Ghanoo Jiyo"
The university has also conferred doctorate on Subhash Chandra of Zee TV. In 2010, it had conferred doctorate to Preety Zinta. So, no big deal. Most probably, it must be getting huge donation as most of these celebrities are filth rich and don't mind paying a few millions for name and fame.
This university is relatively unknown and was established only in 1992
Mubarak ane mohanna thaaey

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8911

GM bhai, aap ne pan Mubarak ane mohanna thaaey.

Now, i have just one simple request from you. why dont you dig into this a little and figure out how true or fake this degree is please? We do not have your journalistic instinct or your contacts on the inside.

why dont you prove it is just a piece of paper and close this topic once and for all?

Dont ask us to prove it is true, i already told you that we do not have the same skills as you do.

thanks
Z

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:08 am

zinger wrote:Now, i have just one simple request from you. why dont you dig into this a little and figure out how true or fake this degree is please? We do not have your journalistic instinct or your contacts on the inside.

why dont you prove it is just a piece of paper and close this topic once and for all?

Dont ask us to prove it is true, i already told you that we do not have the same skills as you do.
There is no need to find out even if it is real. The quotation here is, has he have qualification to get this doctorate degree even if you consider not academic but social.

Nietzsche

Unread post by Nietzsche » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 am

An audit in 2005 by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education concluded that "broad confidence can be placed in the soundness of the university's present and likely future management of the quality of its programmes and the academic standards of its awards". It also made recommendations for improvement in certain areas.[51]
In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) in 2008, 78% of UEL's submission was judged to be of at least internationally recognised quality, with a proportion rated world-leading, in terms of originality, significance and rigour.[52][self-published source?]
In the National Student Survey (NSS) results released by HEFCE in 2011, UEL recorded an overall student satisfaction rating increase from 76% to 81%, making this the highest student satisfactory rating ever recorded at the University of East London. In this latest survey, UEL also experienced a rise of 21 places in the table of UK universities and recorded a 97% satisfaction rating in relation to its teacher training.[53]
Statistics announced in January 2011 by the University and Colleges Admissions Service showed that UEL had experienced a 13% increase in applications in the previous year, compared to 5% nationally.[54][55]

Kazeem Ademola Adio – Secretary to the State Government, Osun State, Nigeria (former)
Hilary Armstrong – British Labour Party politician and Member of Parliament
Garry Bushell - British Journalist and broadcaster
Marina Diamandis – Marina and the Diamonds, Singer-Songwriter
Jake and Dinos Chapman – Turner Prize nominees
Daljit Dhaliwal – news presenter for Al Jazeera English
Mark Frith – journalist and editor (did not graduate)
Gemma Gibbons – Judo Olympian
Edison James – former Prime Minister of Dominica
Imran Khan – solicitor to the Stephen Lawrence family
Sonam Kapoor – Bollywood actress
Jeffrey Lawal-Balogun – track athlete
Ian MacAllister – Chairman of Network Rail and former Managing Director of Ford Motor Company in the UK
Raja Teh Maimunah – CEO of Hong Leong Bank, Islamic Division
Ron Marchant – former Chief Executive and Controller General of the Patent Office (now the UK Intellectual Property Office)
Mike Pittilo – Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the Robert Gordon University
Margaret Prosser, Baroness Prosser – Labour Life Peer and Deputy Chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission
Martin Slark – Vice Chairman and Chief Executive of Molex Inc
Mark Stephens – broadcaster, lawyer, mediator and writer
Tinchy Stryder – musician
Alexander Trotman, Baron Trotman – Former chairman and CEO of Ford Motor Company
Iolo Williams – Welsh nature observer and television presenter

The anecdotal reviews I've read online are fairly poor. Not the best source of evidence, but with the number of lukewarm reviews I've read online, it doesn't seem like a very good university. However, it is accredited... it's not a fake place that gives out degrees for money, from what I've read. Does not seem like a name that carries much weight.

Nietzsche

Unread post by Nietzsche » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:19 am

It's an honorary doctorate, he didn't need to study to earn it; does anyone have specifics as to the meritoriousness of QJB for this award?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 am

Maqbool wrote:
zinger wrote:Now, i have just one simple request from you. why dont you dig into this a little and figure out how true or fake this degree is please? We do not have your journalistic instinct or your contacts on the inside.

There is no need to find out even if it is real. The quotation here is, has he have qualification to get this doctorate degree even if you consider not academic but social.

Maqbool bhai, that is my question too. how do you guys know that he is NOT worthy of the degree? you arent clarifying that are you?

everyone here is bent on calling it a fake, but no one wants to take the trouble of proving it.

why not put your money where your mouth is and prove it to be a fake. that would atleast shut me up for one then

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 am

Nietzsche wrote:It's an honorary doctorate, he didn't need to study to earn it; does anyone have specifics as to the meritoriousness of QJB for this award?

now you're talking. this is the kind of response i want. thanks Nietzsche.

now can someone confirm it was honorary? is it mentioned in the original thread or the post or the university website perhaps? i might have missed it

Fatema MN

Unread post by Fatema MN » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 am

Yes it was honorary zinger.
http://www.malumaat.com/media/images/14 ... oharam.jpg
Here is some more information in this regard...
The Chancellor of this university is Lord Noon. A Dawoodi Bohra who I guess has good relations with the Shehzadas of Burhanuddin Moula. Here is some basic info about him...
Lord Gulam Noon has been Chancellor of the University of East London (UEL) since January 2013.

He has a long-standing relationship with UEL. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University in 2009, in recognition of his achievements as an entrepreneur, and has helped the University create and run a centre for diversity in business.

Lord Noon developed his own business from a sweetshop in Mumbai into a multimillion pound food empire employing thousands of people in the UK, and he is credited with introducing the British palate to Indian food on a large scale.
(for more refer to http://www.uel.ac.uk/about/governance-a ... hancellor/)

I think he has good relations with the Shehzadas because he was present in Raudat Tahera during the dafan of Burhanuddin Moula (RA). I have seen an image of this too and will try to post it here.
This is an image of Lord Noon conferring the honorary doctorate to Sh. Qaid Johar bs. http://www.malumaat.com/media/images/14 ... %20(2).jpg

I am just posting the info that I have. Not trying to imply that the doctorate was not well deserved. After all Sh. Qaid Johar bs is a very good business man. Also, I do not know Lord Noon personally, and I was really not even aware of his existence until a few weeks ago, so I cannot be a good judge of his character.

Fatema MN

Unread post by Fatema MN » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 am

Here is the picture of Lord Noon in Raudat Tahera.
He wrote a nice blog about Burhanuddin Moula (RA) and his passing, which I read a few weeks ago and also commented on. Here's the link to the post..
http://lordsoftheblog.net/2014/02/07/de ... rhanuddin/

and my comment/question ...
http://lordsoftheblog.net/2014/02/07/de ... ent-212429
Attachments
lord noon.jpg

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 am

Fatema MN wrote:Yes it was honorary zinger.
http://www.malumaat.com/media/images/14 ... oharam.jpg
Here is some more information in this regard...
The Chancellor of this university is Lord Noon. A Dawoodi Bohra who I guess has good relations with the Shehzadas of Burhanuddin Moula. Here is some basic info about him...
Lord Gulam Noon has been Chancellor of the University of East London (UEL) since January 2013.

He has a long-standing relationship with UEL. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University in 2009, in recognition of his achievements as an entrepreneur, and has helped the University create and run a centre for diversity in business.

Lord Noon developed his own business from a sweetshop in Mumbai into a multimillion pound food empire employing thousands of people in the UK, and he is credited with introducing the British palate to Indian food on a large scale.
(for more refer to http://www.uel.ac.uk/about/governance-a ... hancellor/)

I think he has good relations with the Shehzadas because he was present in Raudat Tahera during the dafan of Burhanuddin Moula (RA). I have seen an image of this too and will try to post it here.
This is an image of Lord Noon conferring the honorary doctorate to Sh. Qaid Johar bs. http://www.malumaat.com/media/images/14 ... %20(2).jpg

I am just posting the info that I have. Not trying to imply that the doctorate was not well deserved. After all Sh. Qaid Johar bs is a very good business man. Also, I do not know Lord Noon personally, and I was really not even aware of his existence until a few weeks ago, so I cannot be a good judge of his character.
thanks Fatema Ben. Time for me to zip it now :)

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Well I have question for Zinger
How is that Ghulam Noon being a Dawoodi Bohra allowed inRaudat Tahera without SAYA and Qomi Libas while ordinary Bohras are not allowed to do even ziyarat if they do not have STD. On my last visit about 5 years ago I wanted to go inside but was denied as I did not have STD

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm

they belong to the league of extra ordinary Bohras :D

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:32 pm

zinger wrote:Now, i have just one simple request from you. why dont you dig into this a little and figure out how true or fake this degree is please?
It can never be a fake but the credentials of that university are highly suspect considering the fact that it confers degrees on any tom, dick or harry like Dizzy Rascal, Bollywood actress Preity Zinta etc etc. which for obvious reasons could be in exchange for money. Hence, I think even you have a fair chance of joining the ranks of Qaid Johar provided you have the type of money that he has :D :D

yuzarsif

Unread post by yuzarsif » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 pm

SBM wrote:Well I have question for Zinger
How is that Ghulam Noon being a Dawoodi Bohra allowed inRaudat Tahera without SAYA and Qomi Libas while ordinary Bohras are not allowed to do even ziyarat if they do not have STD. On my last visit about 5 years ago I wanted to go inside but was denied as I did not have STD
Because he has Money,
Dhan Gora Ho Ya Kala Ho
Jag Uska Jo Paise Wala Ho
Bhagwan Ke Ghar Bhi Khot Chaley
Pooja Ke Liye Bhi Note Chaley
Jo Chahe Karwalo Dhan Se
Yeh Paisa Bolta Hai Yeh Paisa Bolta Hai.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:16 am

Sorry SBM bhai but you will need to check with the Kothar, or better yet with Mr. Gulam Noon for that. Last time i checked, i didnt have an INFORMATION board pasted on my forehead

You are, by the way, being quite silly again :roll:

BTW, why DID you want to go inside Raudat Tahera??? Was it so that you could come out and bemoan it again??? :roll:

Wouldn't it go against your SHAAN??????
Last edited by zinger on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
zinger wrote:Now, i have just one simple request from you. why dont you dig into this a little and figure out how true or fake this degree is please?
It can never be a fake but the credentials of that university are highly suspect considering the fact that it confers degrees on any tom, dick or harry like Dizzy Rascal, Bollywood actress Preity Zinta etc etc. which for obvious reasons could be in exchange for money. Hence, I think even you have a fair chance of joining the ranks of Qaid Johar provided you have the type of money that he has :D :D

GM bhai, will you start calling me Dr. Zinger then?

Only then! :lol:

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:19 am

Paisa pheko, tamasha dekho. Bhai, the question you have asked is based on the religion propounded by them, however everything is dispensible if money comes in. As the famous quote goes, "Read my lips, Its the economy stupid!"

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 am

SBM bhai, i have answered your question. my answer is " I DONT KNOW"

Now please answer my question.

Why did you want to go inside the Roza 5 years ago????

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:33 am

Where is SKQ & his followers ? Had they gone underground or disppeared from scene? This way they have left SMS goons unchecked. If they want to put something worth challenging SMS camp they shall come out in open.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 am

some people may think this is a circus and only know how to cheer

this is not a show andif you cannot tolerate silence before a storm turn on the TV

there is no show here you want to see action join the front line

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:18 pm

zinger wrote:SBM bhai, i have answered your question. my answer is " I DONT KNOW"

Now please answer my question.

Why did you want to go inside the Roza 5 years ago????
I already answered on other thread but again I wanted to see the architectural work inside like I have done with many Temples, Churches and of course Masaajids around the world.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 pm

It is widely known that universities the world over bestow honorary degrees to people who have made outstanding contributions to the arts, languages, sciences, humanities and so on. For all the mileage this topic has accumulated suffice it to say some people are not happy that SMB deserved the degree. Let us just rest the matter and get back to the topic.

One thought: Haven't we heard the following in Waez? "Takhat na dhani jene chahe buland kare, ane jene chahe gumarah kare". Perhaps this university has taken a page from Kothar!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Barack Obama got the noble prize for peace. Ghulam Noon could be a partner in Dai conglomerate.