Another group in Bohra Community

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
sumi

Another group in Bohra Community

Unread post by sumi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 am

Does anyone know about this message circulated on whatsup:

MusaKarimji

Re: Another group in Bohra Community

Unread post by MusaKarimji » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:31 am

I am interested to know more about this, which is the main website?

and who is leading this movement?

how long they have been with this mission?

where are they based?

how are they different from others?

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 am

They are wahabis. I personally know one of them.

voice

Unread post by voice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 am

Bohra_by_birth wrote:They are wahabis. I personally know one of them.
Can you elaborate what you mean by Wahabi? To my knowledge its a term used to abuse followers of basic teachings of Islam, they are most closed to touheed and are far away from grave worshiping.

If so please don`t create more sects and let`s respond to call of everyone who is calling us towards the truth. Spreading knowledge and teachings of Islam is the need of hour. My salute to brave brothers who have taken this bold step. My prayers are with you.

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:24 am

voice wrote:
Wahabi is not an abusive word. It is a branch of Sunni islam. I am personally pro SKQ and just happen to know one of the persons mentioned above.

sumi

Unread post by sumi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 am

MusaKarimji wrote:I am interested to know more about this, which is the main website?

and who is leading this movement?

how long they have been with this mission?

where are they based?

how are they different from others?
answering your questions, you could have called them up!:

1)It is not a sect , but just a group of motivated individuals interested to study pure Islam without any sectarian teaching. Hence no leader but I do know this Ali bhai barodawala who is the speaker among the above.

2) Its more then 10 years.

3) They hold weekly dars sessions every friday at unique overseas consultants office, Byculla House, next to bank of baroda, clare road , Mumbai after maghrib prayers

4) they are not affiliated to any sect and are more like an Islamic study group. This is the major difference.

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 am

All of them are also members of The Islamic Research Foundation headed by Dr. Zakir Naik.

MusaKarimji

Unread post by MusaKarimji » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:44 am

I think even I know one of these guys, is this IQBAL masalawala sells carpet flooring in mumbai? his shop is near bombay central?

sumi

Unread post by sumi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 am

MusaKarimji wrote:I think even I know one of these guys, is this IQBAL masalawala sells carpet flooring in mumbai? his shop is near bombay central?
Yes.

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:55 am

Brothers & sisters do not allow those agents of Zakir Naik ( A Napak Wahabi) to infiltrate into our commumity. We bohras are always one . Right now we may have different views, whom to follow SMS or SKQ. But for your kind information Bohras are one & we will remail so.

Sequence

Unread post by Sequence » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 am

I know this group members, they are really inclined to wahabi thoughts for some reasons, may be because of the area they come from, they dont have any fundamentals, apart from zakir naik library....

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:24 am

tasneempati wrote:Brothers & sisters do not allow those agents of Zakir Naik ( A Napak Wahabi) to infiltrate into our commumity. We bohras are always one . Right now we may have different views, whom to follow SMS or SKQ. But for your kind information Bohras are one & we will remail so.

Seriously one, what about other Bohra sects?

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:32 am

voice wrote:
Can you elaborate what you mean by Wahabi? To my knowledge its a term used to abuse followers of basic teachings of Islam, they are most closed to touheed and are far away from grave worshiping.

If so please don`t create more sects and let`s respond to call of everyone who is calling us towards the truth. Spreading knowledge and teachings of Islam is the need of hour. My salute to brave brothers who have taken this bold step. My prayers are with you.
Wahabis are fanatics & they do not follow iota of true Islam. They are followers of "Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab " a great Satan. He was not only anti Shia but anti Rasool too, according to his philosophy " La Ila Ha Illah is enough. He does not even want to involve " Mohammed-un Rasoolilah " in Kalma . Today's terrorists follow his teachings and giving bad name for muslims.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:47 am

tasneempati wrote:
voice wrote: Can you elaborate what you mean by Wahabi? To my knowledge its a term used to abuse followers of basic teachings of Islam, they are most closed to touheed and are far away from grave worshiping.

Wahabis are fanatics & they do not follow iota of true Islam. They are followers of "Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab " a great Satan. He was not only anti Shia but anti Rasool too, according to his philosophy " La Ila Ha Illah is enough. He does not even want to involve " Mohammed-un Rasoolilah " in Kalma . Today's terrorists follow his teachings and giving bad name for muslims.
Tasneem Pati, I have been living in Saudi Arabia since more than two decades. I dont agree what you have written. Please double check your sources.