tayyebi ismaili books info

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
MM Bukhari

tayyebi ismaili books info

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 pm

salaam

I want a complete list of tayyebi ismaili books according to there importance.

please also let me know how many books are avaliable online and where can i find rest in hard copy?

badrijanab

Re: tayyebi ismaili books info

Unread post by badrijanab » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 am

A. Literature

1. Poetry
■The Diwans of the following Holy Poets:
■Moulana Ali (a.s.)
■Syedna Tamim Ibne Moulna Muizz (14th Imam).
■Syedna Husain bin Amin (Dai of Moulana Hakim 16th Imam).
■Syedna Muayad Fid-din Hujjat of Mustansir Billah 18th Imam.
■Syedna Abdullah, Dai no. 3.
■Syedna Khattab, cousin of Hurrat-ul-Malika.
■Syedna Ali bin Walid, Dai no. 5.
■Syedna Idris Imad-ud-din Dai no. 19.
■Syedna Adeali Saifuddin Dai no. 43
■Syedna Abdul Qadir Najmuddin, Dai no. 47.
■Diwan Mohomed bin Hani.
■Sabai Muallaqat.
■Kalila Damna.
■Qasidai Burda.
■Qasidai Hamzia.
■Qasidai Karrari.
■Sabai-Alaviyyat by Ibne Hadid, author of the commentary of Nahjul-Balagh..

2. Pross :
■Hadis-i-Bani Israel.
■Kitabut Torat.
■Kitabuz-Zabur.
■Nahjul-Balagh by Moulana Ali
■Shahabun-Nabavi
■Khatabate-Rasulil-Lah
■Kitabut-Tazkirt
■Baloher and Buzasuf..
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

B. Historical books

1. Seven Volumes of Uyunul-Akhbar by Syedna Idris, 19th Dai.
2. Seven Volumes of Azher by Hasan bin Nuh of Syedna Idris’ times.
3. Kitabe Rozatur Akhbar by Syedna Idris.
4. Kitabe-Nazhatul Akhbar by Syedna Idris
5. Four volumes of Sharaul Akhbar by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman. “Syedna Qazi-un-Noman was the Pontiff and Qazi-un-quzzat of Molana Muiz (14th Imam) and Molana Aziz (15th Imam 341-386 A. H.)”
6. Kitabe Iftita-hud-Dawat by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
7. Kashfiz-Zilam fi Istitaril-Imam by Qazi-un-Noman.
8.Sirate (biography) Quaidul-Quad Johar by Qazi-un-Noman.
9.Sirate Jsfer-ul-Hajib.
10.Sirate Ustad Juzar* (Auto-biography).
11. Sirate Muayidiah (Auto-biography) D.
12. Kitabe Istitarul Imam by Ahmed Nahapuria, Dai of Aziz Billah, the 15th Imam.
13. Mijalisi-Hatimi by Syedna Hatim, Dai No. 3.
14. Tarikhi Mohommed bin Ishaq and Miqrizi are also read.
15. Mumtazul Akhbar.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

C. Fiqah or books on Theology

1. Daimul-Islam two volumes, by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
2. Mukhtasir-ul-Asar, 2 volumes by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
3. Kitabul Yanbu fil Fiqah by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
4. Kitabul Akhbar by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman
5. Kitabe Manbaul-Faraiz by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
6. Kitabe Rahat wat Tasali by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman
7. Risalai Zatul Bryan by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman
8. Taqwimul Ahkam by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
9. Kitabul-Havashi by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
10. Mafanihum-Niamat by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
11. Majmaul Fiqah by Syedna Yusuf, Dai No. 24.
12. Kitabe Asimah li Nafs-il-Muhtadin by Syedna Idris.
13. Tanbihul Ghafilin by Syedna Ibrahim bin Husain Dai no. 11.
14. Tanbihul Hadi by Syedna Hamiduddin Saheb.
15. Majmu-ai-Masail by Syedna Hatim.
16. Majmuat-Tarbiah by Syedna Mohomed bin Tahir.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

D. Book on Tawil and Haqiqat are too numerous to be mentioned:

Tawil or allegorical interpretation of the precepts or Arkan of Islam.

1. Tavil-ud-Dayaim by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman.
2. Ishrina Masail fit-Tavil by Syedna Mohommed bin Tahir,
3. Tavile Manasekul Haj by Syedna Abde Ali Imadud-din.

HAQIQAT
1. 52 risalas of Ikhwanus-Safa by Moulana Ahmed bin Husain, 9th Imam

(a) Esoteric books written by Syedna Qazi-un-Noman, a well known Hujjat of Moulana Aziz Bil-Lah, the 14th Imam (427-487 A. H.)
(b) Books by Syedna Jafer-ul-Mansur.
(c) Books by Abi Yaqubi Sajistani.
(d) Books by Abi Hatim-ur-Razi.

a) By Syedna Muayad Shirazi, Babul-Abwab Chief Pontiff.
b) By Syedna Abi Barkat.
c) By Syedna Badre Jamali.

4. Syedna Hamdud-din Babul-Abwab or the chief pontiff of three Imam 15, 16, and 17.

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 am

excellent help jazakallah

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

by the way what does MAABUD mean in tayyebi terminology?

normally it means GOD isnt it?

I heard one madeh yesterday and it says MAABUD TU MERA HAIN? SAJDA TUJHE WAAJIB HAIN?

I mean ok I understand SAJDA concept in tayyebis, but going one step ahead and calling DAI or EVEN IMAM as MAABUD isnt it the direct contradiction to kalemaa e tauhid? which is the base of ISLAM.

please shed some light on this issue.

Thanx a million.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

None of the books except the daimul Islam and some select famous ones is actually available to public and if you get a "rare" opportunity to get those tawil , haqiqat books then any formal Islamic scholar would agree that it cannot be written by other then the devil. The corruption in belief is not new as you heard in the madehs but is several 100s of years old! This is the reason they would hide it from public view lest it gets in the hands of the Arabic scholars of the middle east and expose them. These books also can act as sufficient proofs in the hands of puritanical groups to ban tayyibi ismailees from Haj and counting as Muslims.

It would be really a great initiative by badrijanab or PDB if they make those books public. This is would be like WikiLeaks!

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:45 am

Since when did Al Sab al Muallaqat become an Ismaili Tayyebi work? If I am not mistaken it is a collection of pre-islamic peotry from varied authors like Imraul qais, tarafah, zuhair etc.

(Also, if I am not mistaken, Kalila wa Dimna is a pre-islamic work during the period of Buddha. Its arabic translation is Baluhar Budhasif which probably was translated by Syedi Abdul Qadir Hakimuddin saheb. It has esoteric interpretations similar to the works like Ikhwan as safa. Maybe someone who has thorough knowledge of this work may shed some more authentic information about it.)

Corrections:
1. 52 risalas of Ikhwanus-Safa by 9th Imam Maulana Ahmed al Mastur bin Imam Abdullah (A.S.) and not Molana Ahmed bin Husain (Imam Maulana Husain bin Ahmed is the 10th Imam, 3rd of the 3 Mastur Imams)
2. Tanbih al Ghafilin is authored by Syedna Hatim bin Ibrahim al Hamidi and not by Syedna Ibrahim.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 am

Assalam Alaikum,

This is indeed an exhaustive and interesting list of books. However which ones are currently available for general public ? I do have Daim Al Islam (English). Really keen to find Uyun Al Akhbar (either gujarati or english) and Tanbih al Ghafilin( english ot gujarati). Would really appreciate any guidance if someone is aware and can help me acquire these books. Jazak ALLAH

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:50 am

bohrikaka wrote:Assalam Alaikum,

This is indeed an exhaustive and interesting list of books. However which ones are currently available for general public ? I do have Daim Al Islam (English). Really keen to find Uyun Al Akhbar (either gujarati or english) and Tanbih al Ghafilin( english ot gujarati). Would really appreciate any guidance if someone is aware and can help me acquire these books. Jazak ALLAH
Bohrikaka Ji,

They all are at least available in library of Malegaon (Maharashtra), Udaipur (Rajasthan), Karachi - all Bohra mumineen jamaat not affiliated with parasite Kothar.

Tanbih ul ghafileen is indeed available in Urdu - you can get it at above places as well as in Mumbai.

james

Unread post by james » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:06 am

badrijanab

No refutation to progticide's post ?

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:23 am

aliabbas_aa wrote:None of the books except the daimul Islam and some select famous ones is actually available to public and if you get a "rare" opportunity to get those tawil , haqiqat books then any formal Islamic scholar would agree that it cannot be written by other then the devil. The corruption in belief is not new as you heard in the madehs but is several 100s of years old! This is the reason they would hide it from public view lest it gets in the hands of the Arabic scholars of the middle east and expose them. These books also can act as sufficient proofs in the hands of puritanical groups to ban tayyibi ismailees from Haj and counting as Muslims.

It would be really a great initiative by badrijanab or PDB if they make those books public. This is would be like WikiLeaks!
70% of above books are available in Arabic ( in pdf) work in progress on other books too. I have 50% at least. It would be available soon. We are trying to find translated work in English and Urdu too.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Wealth and Poverty in the Quran and Traditions of the Prophet, and How Those Concepts are Reflected in the Rasail Ikhwan al‑Safa

ABSTRACT: The aim of this paper is to scrutinize abstract notions of wealth and poverty as portrayed in the Quran and the traditions of the Prophet, and how those concepts are reflected in a well-known encyclopedia entitled Rasail Ikhwan al‑Safa that circulated the Arab world at the turn of the tenth century. In the conclusion I tentatively argue that, despite their revolutionary attitude toward the prevailing religio-political authorities, the Ikhwan took a conservative stance concerning wealth and poverty by striking a balance between excessive wealth and abject poverty.

Introduction

The following study examines the abstract concepts of wealth and poverty in the foundational texts of Islam and how they are reflected in the famous encyclopedia entitled Rasail Ikhwan al‑Safa wa Khullan al‑Wafa (Epistles of the Sincere Brethren and Faithful Friends, which it will henceforth be referred to as, and often translated as the Brethren of Purity and Loyal Friends) that circulated widely at the end of the third/ninth and the beginning of the fourth/tenth centuries. The notions of poverty and charity in Islam have been analysed before, albeit discursively, by scholars from different perspectives. The notion of wealth in the Quran, on the other hand, has not been dealt with comprehensively as far as it can be ascertained. With regard to the Epistles of the Sincere Brethren, to the best of my knowledge, the above themes have not been previously explored.

The study is, therefore, divided into three sections. The first, introductory part briefly sketches the relationship between religion
and wealth, on the one hand, and religion and poverty, on the other, from a sociological perspective. It is followed by a review of a widely accepted thesis concerning the rise of Islam and the socio-economic environment that prevailed in pre-Islamic Arabia, especially in Mecca where Muhammad grew up and received his early revelations. The second section investigates the notions of wealth and poverty as depicted in the Quran and the traditions of the Prophet (ahadith, pl. of hadith). The last section scrutinizes how the Ikhwan perceived those notions.

http://media.campaigner.com/media/31/31 ... nawala.pdf

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:31 am

I am sure abdes will say that " muddai logo ye aa badhu apni book maa add kidhu che mola ne badnaam karwa waaste" :lol:

berasiawala

Unread post by berasiawala » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:54 am

Would like to have Daim Al Islam in English, In above post of bohrikaka, the book is available in english.
Pl inform where it is available and can I download it.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:08 am

berasiawala wrote:Would like to have Daim Al Islam in English, In above post of bohrikaka, the book is available in english.
Pl inform where it is available and can I download it.
http://thebohras.com/ has good resources for those who cares intellectual learning.