Resident Virus

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Resident Virus

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 am

Admin
Seems like we have a resident virus on this forum which keeps on multiplying despite the fact it gets removed. Can you please put a Fire Wall around this resident virus currently known as Monginis.
I am not suggesting banning him but too many irrelevant and illogical postings are just not worth the space on this forum
Even though I have disagreed with Adam, TB,Progticide and other die hard abdes but atleast their postings created a sensible debate. We had many sisters who were active for a while and now all of sudden seems like they have disappeared. I hope that they are just busy in their daily life chores and not because of irrelevant posts

salaar

Re: Resident Virus

Unread post by salaar » Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 am

please dont be rude to others there are very few members who participate actively and monginis is one of them

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Who are other sisters here on this forum? Truth-Prevails identified herself, anyone else here?

This Resident Virus (aka ?..?) Is likely paying big bucks to Admin to tolerate his nonsense. Just because somebody contributes a lot and is "active" doesn't mean he has a right to comment on EVERYTHING. There are a few very sensible posts by this Resident Virus, but they get overlooked and overshadowed with his trolling, rudeness and nit-picking.

Yeah, some of the tone on this forum - regardless of this Resident Virus puts me off, and a lot of others like me who look for dialogue, but come here and read this foul language and abuse, which is no different from what Kothar does. And that's the reason I cannot ask my friends to look and read this forum. . . Because then they would be completely turned off. Even the title of some threads (e.g. kothari goonda raj ), is in very poor taste, which would turn off a newbie or concerned Bohra , trying to make sense of what's happening in our community. The gist of AZ experience resonates with many, but would resonate with far more people in stronger ways without the foul language.

You guys think that only harsh words and abuse and angry outbursts can make your point heard? Where have you been- it's no different from some of the khidmatguzaars abusing us everyday. And this progressive forum is supposed to reform us - let's at least try to say more with less words and less name-calling. Honey or vinegar?

way2go

Unread post by way2go » Thu May 01, 2014 2:46 pm

saminaben wrote:
Yeah, some of the tone on this forum - regardless of this Resident Virus puts me off, and a lot of others like me who look for dialogue, but come here and read this foul language and abuse, which is no different from what Kothar does. And that's the reason I cannot ask my friends to look and read this forum. . . Because then they would be completely turned off. Even the title of some threads (e.g. kothari goonda raj ), is in very poor taste, which would turn off a newbie or concerned Bohra , trying to make sense of what's happening in our community. The gist of AZ experience resonates with many, but would resonate with far more people in stronger ways without the foul language.

You guys think that only harsh words and abuse and angry outbursts can make your point heard? Where have you been- it's no different from some of the khidmatguzaars abusing us everyday. And this progressive forum is supposed to reform us - let's at least try to say more with less words and less name-calling.
Very well put saminaben.....appreciate your well meaning input which hopefully will help stop the harsh posts.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Who are other sisters here on this forum? Truth-Prevails identified herself, anyone else here?
Yes there was Fatema MN, Nafisa and a few more

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Bhai AbdulMufyMula
Bhai who are you? first you talk bad about Monginis Bhai and then you blame all us Abdes for not defending him, All of sudden you are posting too many comments and not making any sense which side are you, You joined on April 14th and you are everywhere. Mane Evo Laage chey ke tamey Monginis cho.as you are putting too many comments on every thread, you even do taarif for SBM who always calls our Kothari as goons
tell us which side are you. hope you are not another resident virus too

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 pm

I am so glad monginis got ban, now saminaben can invite all her friends and SBM bhai will protect them all from viruses like monginis.

Abdes did a good thing by ganging up upon monginis, I really wish they gang up like this against local amil and also muffymula.

this ramadan all abdes must gang up like this and refuse to pay money for masalla and unislamic taxes. Ameen

finally once again heartly congratulations that you successfully restricted monginis entry on this forum, now he will never dare to come back.

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Sun May 04, 2014 12:48 am

sufimonk==monginis I guess, rather sure

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun May 04, 2014 1:34 am

monginis = rebel ( he is back !! )

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sun May 04, 2014 2:21 am

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech and to express their ideas and opinions according to their thinking and logic so who are we to forbid or prohibit anyone to express their opinions.
If we don't like someone's opinion we should not get offended by it. Just read and move on.....this forum allows people to express their opinions without any biases which is good. I read posts from people from all walks of life express their opinions which upholds the freedom of expression.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Sun May 04, 2014 3:14 am

humanbeing wrote:monginis = rebel ( he is back !! )
you are not as bright as you pretend to be....no wonder you decided to cling with your ejamaat card to enjoy freeloading jamans.

Incredible monginis never left this forum never will lol

Spectator

Unread post by Spectator » Sun May 04, 2014 6:53 am

Saminaben I am female too. I am not a regular poster but do frequent this forum time and again as a reader. I concur that some the foul language on here could deter bohras from visiting this forum. When I first chanced upon this forum I was displeased at some of the language being used and the vulgarity. I suppose with time I am now immune to this. However, I would advise all posters up try and avoid vulgar abusive language. It serves no purpose. We can all express our points of view in polite manner without resorting to swear words and other such vulgarities. I do enjoy Al Zulfikar bhais posts and sarcasm. He was really incensed by what the kothar did to his mother. I would be too if that happened to my mother. But if this forum is to have more confused bohra type visitors this sort of language needs to be toned down. As saminaben has remarked - honey or vinegar?

Sheikh Moiz

Unread post by Sheikh Moiz » Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 am

I find this whole thread pretty hilarious especially the first post, gentleman SBM is least concern about the seriousness of other topics here, but he is more concerned about disappearance of female audience, now that is pretty surprising. :wink:

Note to Admin, if reason for this thread is served kindly move it to other sections of forum, so that we all can move on.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat May 10, 2014 7:33 am

Sheikh Moiz wrote:I find this whole thread pretty hilarious especially the first post, gentleman SBM is least concern about the seriousness of other topics here, but he is more concerned about disappearance of female audience, now that is pretty surprising. :wink:

Note to Admin, if reason for this thread is served kindly move it to other sections of forum, so that we all can move on.
Well I donot know how much did you pay to get your title Sheikh but women does play a very important role in building a society, check this link
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9692
You may other motives of my concern but my concerns are expressed in the above thread
Also read the book by Amy Chua "Tiger Mom" and you would understand why I am more concerned about participation of female audience.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sat May 10, 2014 10:38 am

I would understand that people from all walks of life including men and women must be participating in these forums. Most individuals tend to use pseudonyms so perhaps you never know who is a men and who is a woman. The community has a wealth of intellectuals both men and women and standing against the kothar is of high importance as the not so educated and underprivilged may not be able to face the might of kothar. It is only through knowledge and united effort mullahs will have to face the consequences.

alam

Unread post by alam » Thu May 29, 2014 1:40 am

What if each of us had a resident virus inside us to transform hatred into love, nonsense into sense, evil into good?

A virus worth spreading. Would too much good, love and sense be enough or too much? Would we get bored then? Would we need evil and corruption?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu May 29, 2014 3:17 am

You guys have so much time to make different Ids and chat so much on this forum man. I cant even handle one.. Truly you are Magnificent..