good father does not guarantee good son

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
Sufi monk

good father does not guarantee good son

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 am

Mahatma Gandhi's Letter Accusing Son of Raping His Own Daughter Up for Auction in UK

London: Three explosive letters that highlight Mahatma Gandhi's deep concerns over the behaviour of his eldest son, Harilal, will go under the hammer in England next week.

Mullock's Auctioneers, based in Shropshire county, are hoping to fetch between 50,000 pounds and 60,000 pounds for a set of three letters written by Mr Gandhi in June 1935.

"You should know that your problem has become much more difficult for me than even our national freedom," says Mr Gandhi, in one of the letters in reference to allegations of inappropriate behaviour by Harilal.

"Manu is telling me number of dangerous things about you.

"She says that you had raped her even before she was eight years and she was so much hurt that medical treatment was also to be taken," the letter reads, in reference to Harilal's daughter Manu who had come to stay with her grandfather at Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad in Gujarat.

"The letters are written in Gujarati and are in good condition. These have come via descent from a branch of Gandhi's family to the present vendor. As far as we are aware, they have never before been seen in public and as such, they provide remarkable new information on the troubled relationship Gandhi had with his son," Mullock's said in a statement.

Harilal Gandhi had wanted to go to England to study to become a barrister like his father but the latter had firmly opposed it, believing that Western education would not be helpful in the struggle against the British Raj.

This led to Harilal renouncing all family ties in 1911 and his troubled relationship with his father continued throughout his life.

"Please let me have the pure truth, please tell me if still you are interested in alcohol and debauchery. I wish that you better die rather than resort to alcohol in any manner," adds another autographed letter.

The series of letters is part of Mullock's Historical Documents Sale at Ludlow Racecourse on May 22.

It also includes another set of 27 autographed letters to Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit - sister of India's first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru - some of which were written by Mr Gandhi from prison.

"Women have done more work than us. Even so much remains to be done. The modern world has as yet seen the like of India's woman power. I am convinced they will go much further ahead and I will be very surprised if you do not play a very big part in this," reads a letter dated November 11, 1930.

The earliest letters date back to 1920, but others are from the 1930s and the majority dating from the crucial period of 1938-1944 in the Indian national movement.

They are also mostly written in Gujarati with a few in English.

"In remarkably good condition in spite of the fact that Gandhi tended to use the cheapest paper and materials for his correspondence, we believe that these letters have never before been seen publicly and therefore they provide a highly important primary source of information on Gandhi and the struggle for Indian independence," the auction house said of this lot, which is expected to fetch between 60,000 pounds and 80,000 pounds.

Some of the other Gandhi-related material to go under the hammer includes portraits, signed postcards and a wooden 'charkha' expected to fetch as much as 80,000 pounds.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/mahat ... -524685?fb

Sufi monk

Re: good father does not guarantee good son

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 5:51 am

Lesson for those who thinks lineage plays an important role over akhlaaq.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 15, 2014 5:54 am

Sufi monk wrote:Lesson for those who thinks lineage plays an important role over akhlaaq.
Exactly 8) 8) 8)

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 6:11 am

true_bohra wrote:
Sufi monk wrote:Lesson for those who thinks lineage plays an important role over akhlaaq.
Exactly 8) 8) 8)
glad you agree on that, so can you tell us what other quality muffy has which makes him qualified to be dai apart from his lineage to SMB?

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 15, 2014 7:02 am

@sufi monkey:

you got me wrong...I was pointing at Khuzeima Qutbuddin :wink: :wink:

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 7:04 am

true_bohra wrote:@sufi monkey:

and I was pointing towards yemeni dancer muffy...

as far as SKQ is concern, at least he was in mazoon rutba for 50 years (he must have qualification for this to get to such high rank in dawat isnt it?)

can u give us any of MS qualities to be dai apart from his lineage? :wink:

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 15, 2014 8:48 am

The lineage of TS, BM, MS is corrupt to the core. TS was shrewd, cunning and destroyer of community's ethical values. He made himself God and asked the members to perform Sajda to him. BM pillaged community members of their happiness by out casting them if they did not take his orders and commands. He deprived of the community members of their hard earned money, built an empire for him and his family out of mumineen's wealth. He violated all the moral values and conditioned his followers to be good followers otherwise he would not take them to paradise with him. And now MS, son of BM and grandson of TS follows on the footsteps of his forefathers...
In essence, lineage and upbringing does play some part in molding an individual...grandfather, father, and now son - all tyrants and cruel to the nth degree. So does dictator and autocratic father guarantee despot son or are there any exceptions?

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 15, 2014 9:41 am

Sufi monk wrote:
true_bohra wrote:@sufi monkey:

and I was pointing towards yemeni dancer muffy...

as far as SKQ is concern, at least he was in mazoon rutba for 50 years (he must have qualification for this to get to such high rank in dawat isnt it?)

and you cant see that Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA named him as Aaliqadar...

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 10:00 am

true_bohra wrote:
Sufi monk wrote: and I was pointing towards yemeni dancer muffy...

and you cant see that Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA named him as Aaliqadar...
oh okay so because his name is Aaliqadar he qualifies to be a DAI...hhmmmm shukran :mrgreen:

but I think TS wanted to name him As* Ho**?

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 am

Sufi Monk brother,
Please refrain from using foul language, It deteriorates the cause of this movement against the tyrants and fraud Daiship claimant Mr.Muffadal Saab. I know you have anger against these few paid thugs of kothar like True_bohra etc, but by getting angry and calling names would not make any difference to them.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 am

paid thugs of kothar...ohh come on guys...you are seriously making me ROFL...

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Thu May 15, 2014 10:46 am

Please die out of laughter.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 15, 2014 11:12 am

Correct, anger burns your own happiness and no one wants to do that so being angry is a choice that people do not make consciously ...it's a human emotion which gets out of control and ultimately we end up hurting ourselves. Most of us are victims here and we have right to be angry but calling names to each other which ever side we belong to is not civilized behavior and will not provide solutions of our problems.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:Please die out of laughter.
Certainly after reading your post day after day, i will die laughing :D :D

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 10:07 pm

true_bohra wrote:
Akhtiar Wahid wrote:Please die out of laughter.
Certainly after reading your post day after day, i will die laughing
and we do ROFL looking at your master deeds every day and how you guys are crushed under his feet yet you sing ghanu jivo is hilarious....

btw name Aaliqadar makes him qualified to be DAI are you sure? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sheikh Moiz

Unread post by Sheikh Moiz » Fri May 16, 2014 1:21 am

every good son does not have a good father

http://awareness-time.com/?p=3291

THIS MAN INJECTED HIS NEWBORN BABY WITH HIV. BUT THAT’S NOT EVEN THE MOST SHOCKING PART