Admin! Please Reorganize PDB website

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
tasneempati

Lately this forum is getting Boring.

Unread post by tasneempati » Tue May 27, 2014 4:28 am

Some unwanted elements with false name such as Natkhat Pari, Shehzaada, Human_being, Sufi monk... etc. etc. are writing non-sense & gossips here. To make this forum interesting we need people with healthy discussion such as Bro GM, Bro Insaaf, or even James. Admin block shits like Natkhat Pari...

TheLiberatedOne

Re: Lately this forum is getting Boring.

Unread post by TheLiberatedOne » Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 am

that's what I wrote in one of my other posts.... admin should block this character

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 27, 2014 7:05 am

tasneempati

whats your issues with me ? I was quiet surprised earlier with your responses too. and what I can guess from your post, you are not an abde too !

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue May 27, 2014 7:29 am

not worth so deleting my post for his own betterment.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Tue May 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey james....you are getting fans... 8)

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Consider everything good or bad as a learning experience. Everything in life has two sides to it. What I consider to be boring for others it could be an interesting topic to read so what I interpret of a post others may have a different experience of the same post. If people access this site when they logout they may not be the same same person as they may have gone through the posts and their thinking process might have kicked in.

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 am

Janewalue jare mudke dekho idhar.mai insan ho bus tumhari tarha.mudke dikho idhare me be mumine ho bus tumhari tara

Saeed al Khair

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 am

Dear Admin

I request you to maintain this website and remove "Baykaar" mails, which have no sense and no concern with Bohra Reform movement. Among thousands of postings very limited number of post are informative, eye opener and worth to keep in record.

I hope you and your team will consider my humble suggestion and re-organize this site for its better use. This site can be use for better research material but in present form many filthy and "Bakwaas" material divert the attention of academic class.

I hope senior and learned will support and second this appeal.

Regards

SBM

Re: Admin! Please Reorganize PDB website

Unread post by SBM » Fri May 30, 2014 7:58 am

Br SAK
I second this and has sent PM to Admin who are in the process of doing the same.
I strongly feel that many Bakwas postings are a deliberate attempt by the DUSHMANS of this FORUM who are here to dig the old links and divert the topics, The success of this forum has become an irritant to the Goons of Saify Mahal and since some of the members are using this to highlight the SKQ views, this is troubling to the ruling elites of Abde Clan and they may be playing dirty tricks to degrade the forum.
We can also play an important role by NOT POSTING REPLIES BACK TO THE BAKWAAS DEBATE AND KILL THE THREAD RIGHT THERE as I have seen the absence of many like Hussain_KSA, Porus, Asad, AZ as well as the from the other side who do not indulge in that kind of gutter discussion.

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Fri May 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Dear Admin,

Thank you for all the great work you have been doing for this website.
There is so much that this website is already doing and yet , is capable of doing even more.

At the moment, this happens to be the only connecting link/ common platform for all the members of the bohra community and it is here that various issues are discussed openly (in its forum). Owing to this nature, more and more people are looking to visit and get associated with it.
This could be their first (or only) impression of the reform movement.This is precisely why it needs to be better organized and kept simple.

Though I am sure you are already working to improve the website, was just wondering if I could offer some suggestions.

Some of the topics are redundant. I mean, the subjects for discussion are pretty much the same for a number of topics. It would be nice to club them up.
For example, we can club the topics :
1. " Women's status in Mufaddal Saifuddin raj " and Mufaddal Saifuddin (and related topics).
2. "Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court" and "London Hospital nass video and audio" (both talk about succession).
3. "Dawoodi Bohras on Youtube" and "Dawoodi bohras in the media".
4. "Khuzema Qutbuddin (and related topics)" and "Rangeela Mazoon....".
5. "Suggestions to Admin" and "Admin! Please Reorganize PDB website".

2. I am not sure about this one but is there a way to first check the content of a post before it is published (to avoid irrelevant posts) ?
3. There is a topic titled "Reformists Ziyarat tour". I think this being a significant milestone, needs to be highlighted on the home page itself. May be an animated banner or a video on this will add to the interest quotient of this website? Not everyone is here for the debates on the forum and hence this may go unnoticed as a post. The "news and events" section must include this too.

There are a few suggestions more but I am aware that the website runs on limited resources and hence it may not be feasible to do so much at a time.

Regards,
Ummul

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri May 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Thank you everyone for your concern and feedback. It is our constant effort to keep out irrelevant and offensive posts, but there are times when there are too many of them coming in in a short time span and are difficult to keep track of. But we will redouble our efforts and make sure that this never happens again. The Forum is quite cleaned up now. Although the majority of members use the freedom and anonymity this Forum offers responsibly, there are a few who here to make trouble. As SBM has said, please do not encourage such people by responding to them.
As for reorganising topics, we do that all the time and we can look into merging the ones suggested by Ummul. If we have not merged them it's because after topics have gone on for a while, and when we merge them the posts from two topics get interspersed according the time stamp of each post, and the flow of discussion is lost. Nevertheless, it is better to merge related topics than to have too many of them floating around. You all can also help by not starting a topic on a whim. Please see/search if a topic already exists that you want to write about. If IT does not then only start a new topic.
We have been planning to put the reformist ziyarat tour story on the homepage, and will be up there soon with pictures.
This Forum belongs to all members and to all Bohras and each one of us has a responsibility to keep it clean, relevant and meaningful.
Thank you.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Mostly the replies bear no facts,no understanding, no analysis just cheap platitude. Please ponder before replying.

alam

Unread post by alam » Fri May 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Or some replies are an agreement, or restating the same thing in different wording. If this is case better to just LIKE post.

Admin, may I also suggest that you start a thread at top as a stickie, for something like messages to Admin,". The thread could be used as a quick and easy way for forum members to get attention to Admin, and for Admin to convey announcements etc, to forum members.. Perhaps that might save time so Admin can draw attention toward thread/post more efficiently.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri May 30, 2014 10:45 pm

I do t know if there are moderators on this forum. If not, then some should be made with rights to delete,edit posts, bans etc. That's how all forums work. These mods also have the responsibility to keep discussion on track & bring back on track discussions that move away from the topic. Just my 2 paise.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 pm

I may add that this site which is called progressive Bohras has most of them very regressive & talibanisque mindset when it comes to people of other communities. People need to be progressive all round.

Secondly, this site is well known and should serve as a platform not just for PDBs but many who are now cultural or societal Bohras. I mean these Bohras are more progressive than progressive themselves :) no seriously its a platform that can be used to accommodate a larger section of present and past Bohras.

IMO Bohras will will be a "clan" in its own free from the shackles of Syednas. Bohras should maintain their identity on cultural and secular lines which has helped them in their businesses over the years. A platform like this should be used to further that objective and not leave it mearly to address religious issues.

simple

Unread post by simple » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 am

To admin
I strongly disapprove to club mufadal saifuddin and related topic and women status in muffadal saifuddin raj.
Woman status topic is very critical to reform movement . Muffadal bhaisaab has issued fatwas regarding Woman which is specially emphesis at this thread. And due to this thread, issues related to woman becomes more visible on this forum and in search engine like google.
So please don't merge this two topic
More visible on search engine like google means more awarness

mumin4mumin

Unread post by mumin4mumin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:12 am

Adminbhai
in reorganizing this forum, the thread for Global Survey for Dawoodi Bohras was eliminated entirely. please reinstate that. Survey from www.mumineens.com is still on and active.
thank you

freebhora

Unread post by freebhora » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:37 pm

I suggest a new forum software which is very nice to manage and will help in removing those redundant posts:

http://www.discourse.org/

Its free open source and widely used , helps in tagging and increases the SEO statistics . This will also help to sustain and encourage quality content for this site and eliminate rubbish.
It allows to import the data from this php type forums

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks, we will look into it.

Dr Fatema

Unread post by Dr Fatema » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:43 am

For what reasons Admin has removed all threads related with Dr Quaid Joher BS? Is he afraid of him or for some other reasons?

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 am

No, they are not removed. All threads related to Khuzema Qutbuddin are merged into one topic: http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=9055

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:56 pm

The best punishment for anyone who writes garbage, spams, bohra bashes etc is to simply delete n block him or her.... He or she may written with another id but won't repeat again if he or she is banned again..

Saeed al Khair

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 am

Saeed al Khair wrote:Dear Admin

I request you to maintain this website and remove "Baykaar" mails, which have no sense and no concern with Bohra Reform movement. Among thousands of postings very limited number of post are informative, eye opener and worth to keep in record.

I hope you and your team will consider my humble suggestion and re-organize this site for its better use. This site can be use for better research material but in present form many filthy and "Bakwaas" material divert the attention of academic class.

I hope senior and learned will support and second this appeal.

Regards