Ramzan Mubarak to all

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zinger

Ramzan Mubarak to all

Unread post by zinger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:40 am

Dear All,

In a few hours from now, Ramzan starts.

Before we enter this holy month, i have a few requests of all

1. Let us not get into pointless debates and name calling and mockery and comparison and abuse and bashing of ideologies and beliefs and just general scoring of brownie points. let us, atleast for the next 30 days, exercise restraint and move away rather than get drawn into these vicious circles. this request is to all Bohras, traditional and reformist and all non-Bohras too. Let us live in peace for atleast the next 30 days. i know there is a lot of fodder that is going to be available to all parties here especially over these 30 days but if we can exercise restraint and have some peace, it will be much appreciated

2. i wish to apologise and ask for forgivness from all to whom i may have said some things that may have seemed harsh and cruel. i will try and list down all these people and if i may have forgotten a name, please understand, i ask for forgivness from you to. Thai sake toh maaf kari dejo mane
a. James bhai
b. True Bohra bhai
c. Adam bhai
d. Progticide bhai
e. Ghulam Mohamad bhai
f. insaaf saab
g. al zulfiquar
h. humsafar bhai
i. bohra spring bhai
j. unhappy bohra bhai
k. frustrate bohra bhai
l. free bhora bhai
m. sufi monk aka incredible
n. seeker 110
o. nafisa ben
p. sbm bhai
q. suleman bhai
r. shapur bhai
s. max the mature

Phewww... think that covers it all. but like i said, if i missed YOU... rest assured you are in my list too

Ramzan Mubarak to all and Dua ma yaad

yuzarsif

Re: Ramzan Mubarak to all

Unread post by yuzarsif » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 am

Ramzan Mubarak to all forum member
Ramzan is the the Month of Quran and Fasting.
Ramadan is NOT A QURAN READING COMPETITION!!
It is a competition of how Qur'an changes you and increases your taqwa and not just rushing through it without any verse touching your soul or making a difference.
Please do not get into Qur'An completion competitions with your siblings or friends. That is very shallow.
Your connection with your Qur'an needs to more deeper,solid and intimate than that.
Read just 30 Verses but understand them study tafisr memorize those verses and ACT UPON THEM!!
This Ramadan take something solid and life changing from the Qur'an. Make Qur'an goals specific to your state of eeman and specific to your abilities. Dont just blindly jump in and do what others are doing.
This doesn't mean you should not finish Quran, it means deciding and doing something that will effect your soul and taqwa. Make it deeper and real.
May Allah Subhanahu guide us and we can take the benefit of this holy month.
was salam and dua ma yaad,,

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:25 am

Shehrullah il Moazzam Mubarak to all....remember me in your valuable prayers...May almighty Allah give us strength in fulfilling roza , namaaz and other huqooq.

I ask for forgiveness if my comments have dishearten any forum members.

AbdulSaleh

Unread post by AbdulSaleh » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 am

Ramadan mubarak to all,

for god sake do not pay any money for masallah space, do not bow down to any thing unislamic in your masjid, that will be true ibadat of Allah.

masalam.

haq_ni_dawat

Unread post by haq_ni_dawat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:21 am

Ramzan Mubarak to All..!!

yes certainly after all these months of turmoil in the community..back biting..false claims and various such things,ramzan is just the right thing we needed to freshen up our soul..to surrender ourselves to allah subhanhu & involve ourselves into prayers & roza.Rest all can take a back seat for now.

agreed that ramzan also brings tension to many of us but at the same time it also brings courage as we are deeply involved in prayers and that itself is enough to motivate ourselves to fight injustice.so if there is any injustice in your jamaats against you then fight for your right & do not get depressed and think "main aam karis to logo su kese?!".Because those "logo" are not going to come to your help when you are in trouble (i have experienced it & therefore started arguing & quarelling with my local jamaat since the last few years).When you do argue & ask questions to them then trust me they do SHUT UP and will not harass you as much.

As far as the ramzan maintainence hoob is concerned then let me tell you that since the last 7-8 years i have paid it only once.If you stand up then they will automatically sit down.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 am

Ramazaan ul Moazzam Mubarak and Dua ni Iltemas.

way2go

Unread post by way2go » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 am

@both Zingerbhai and true_bohrabhai
I truly and sincerely appreciated your posts.....especially Zingerbhhai 's post. This is because it seems to really come straight from the heart.
Glad to see that the approaching holy month has in a small way helped to appease some hearts.
SHEHRULLAH MUBARAK IN ADVANCE TO ALL ON THIS FORUM..
Fiamanillah

Habeel

Unread post by Habeel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:25 am

Ramadan Mubarak to All!

I wish the best for all of us as I wish for myself. May Allah give us taufeek to be grateful, being present in this moment and passionately commited to it, being proactive, being commited, being loving and compassionate to everyone.

May Allah protect us from assumptions ,false beliefs, gossips and give us taufeeq to find facts and to strive for the Haqq!

Fi Amanillah!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:55 am

Ramadan is the month of inward and outward consciousness. In today’s society where we have become extremely unconscious consumers of our time, life, resources and relationships, Ramadan brings us back to become conscious of ourselves and of the universe around us. This consciousness creates a character that is without ego and judgment. Ramadan is the month for soul searching and modifying the behavior to become the best of the creation. It is the month to ask forgiveness for the previous mistakes and rectify the future behavior. Ramadan is the month of prayers and good wishes. God Almighty promises that He accepts the prayers of his servants more than other times in this month and grants them what they wish for.
Ramdan Kareen to one and all.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:15 am

Zingerbhai Ramadan Mubarak to you and if I may reuse your greetings.

i greet you Ramadan Mubarak and also apologise and ask for forgivness from all to whom i may have said some things that may have seemed harsh and cruel. i will try and list down all these people and if i may have forgotten a name, please understand.
a. James bhai
b. True Bohra bhai
c. Adam bhai
d. Progticide bhai
e. Ghulam Mohamad bhai
f. insaaf saab
g. al zulfiquar
h. humsafar bhai
i. bohra spring bhai
j. unhappy bohra bhai
k. frustrate bohra bhai
l. free bhora bhai
n. seeker 110
o. nafisa ben
p. sbm bhai
q. suleman bhai
r. shapur bhai
s. max the mature
T. Ummalbani Ben
U. Saminaben
V admin Bhai
W bro Muslim first
Y bro Anajmi
Z. Mkenya Bhai
Alambhai, , Sajjad Bhai , ozdundee Bhai Canadian Bhai , bohraji, SBM Bhai , SKQ fan, Akhtiar , Phoenix, rebel, fiate200, new yuzarsif, fateh, bohra manus, free bohra, Salaar, qutub , badrijanab, awaken, db mubaikar, bohri, Shezada , human being, way2go, arb, alam, jvc, crater lake, mohamedshah, zaharaali , frustrate bohra, smart, questions, maqbool, m Taha , think, shafaqat , zinger, think for yourself, little master , silver tongue , fed up, nameless , being bohra., dr fatema , tasneempat, bohra by birthi, ..and on and on....

The order of names is irrelevant think that covers it all. but like i said, if i missed YOU... It was not intentional....can you imagine we interact with so many people ...I could not believe that we are so many when I went to the like log. Can you imagine if we had dislike button how big my list would have been. :wink:

Ramzan Mubarak and let us be one nation.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:03 am

Ramadan mubarak to all.May Allah subhanu give all of us strength & taufiq to fulfill all our duties during this holy month.Yes i also beg forgiveness from all the forum members.Do not forget me in your duas during prayers.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:14 am

Bohra spring wrote:Zingerbhai Ramadan Mubarak to you and if I may reuse your greetings.

i greet you Ramadan Mubarak and also apologise and ask for forgivness from all to whom i may have said some things that may have seemed harsh and cruel. i will try and list down all these people and if i may have forgotten a name, please understand.
a. James bhai
b. True Bohra bhai
c. Adam bhai
d. Progticide bhai
e. Ghulam Mohamad bhai
f. insaaf saab
g. al zulfiquar
h. humsafar bhai
i. bohra spring bhai
j. unhappy bohra bhai
k. frustrate bohra bhai
l. free bhora bhai
n. seeker 110
o. nafisa ben
p. sbm bhai
q. suleman bhai
r. shapur bhai
s. max the mature
T. Ummalbani Ben
U. Saminaben
V admin Bhai
W bro Muslim first
Y bro Anajmi
Z. Mkenya Bhai
Alambhai, , Sajjad Bhai , ozdundee Bhai Canadian Bhai , bohraji, SBM Bhai , SKQ fan, Akhtiar , Phoenix, rebel, fiate200, new yuzarsif, fateh, bohra manus, free bohra, Salaar, qutub , badrijanab, awaken, db mubaikar, bohri, Shezada , human being, way2go, arb, alam, jvc, crater lake, mohamedshah, zaharaali , frustrate bohra, smart, questions, maqbool, m Taha , think, shafaqat , zinger, think for yourself, little master , silver tongue , fed up, nameless , being bohra., dr fatema , tasneempat, bohra by birthi, ..and on and on....

The order of names is irrelevant think that covers it all. but like i said, if i missed YOU... It was not intentional....can you imagine we interact with so many people ...I could not believe that we are so many when I went to the like log. Can you imagine if we had dislike button how big my list would have been. :wink:

Ramzan Mubarak and let us be one nation.
Smart step bohra spring to copy and paste :D

Incredible is earning greetings with all his ids while we have only one id to receive greetings...NOT FAIR :x

PS: Incredible this was just on lighter note...hope you would take it as a joke only and would not abuse me in this Holy month..

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:52 am

Ramazaan ul Moazzam Mubarak and Dua ni Iltemas to all and your family members as well.

I dont know whether should i ask for forgiveness for my comments or not because in future i may post many such comments which may disheartened some members on this forum, but still would like to take this month of ramzaan as an opportunity and ask for forgiveness to each and every members (registered/un-registered) for my comments which may have felt like hating or cursing me.

If possible "DUA MA YAAD RAKHJO". :)

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:56 am

@ True Bohra bhai :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ sufi monk, understand, we are not mocking you, but it IS true, i wonder how many of these IDs that Bohra spring mentioned, are yours.

Anyways, an especially heartfelt ramzan mubarak and bolu karu maaf to you because we have had way too many differences :)

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:00 am

i have an idea, how about, all people living in mumbai, we meet at a central location one day for an iftaar party?

What say? We can go by our screen names, no need to reveal our true identity

I think it will be greeeaaat fun :D

just one ground rule. respect everyones privacy. dont ask their real name, dont try and guess and certainly no going on FB to try and find out who it was you met :lol:

Bolo. What say? We can meet at a neutral location like Bandra or Andheri

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:34 am

Ramadhan Mubarak and Mohanna. Please remember me in your duas and may Allah give all of us the strength to face the challenges of life with smiling faces :D

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:04 pm

HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN MUBARAK

As You Spend The Holy Month Fasting & Praying For Allah’s Grace, May The Almighty Bless You and Answer All Your Prayers .
May The Light of Wisdom Shine Upon You With The Blessings of Allah…
May Allah Give You Nek Taufeeq To Pay The Zakat to Poor, Needy and Destitute ONLY as Prescribed By Allah (SWT) And NOT To any Fat and Greedy 2 bit Kothari Mullas and Chamchas.
And We Pray To Almighty Allah To Protect Us From The Wrath Of Bohri Clergies (Tyrants and Oppressors)… AMEN

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm

zinger wrote:i have an idea, how about, all people living in mumbai, we meet at a central location one day for an iftaar party?

just one ground rule. respect everyones privacy. dont ask their real name, dont try and guess and certainly no going on FB to try and find out who it was you met :lol:

Appreciate your thoughts and would love to be the part of this, but main concern what if any members with opp. thoughts are found to be neighbours plus we also dont know who all are frm kothar.

So Zinger bhai with this in mind i may not feel free to take part in this though i love to be.

AbdulSaleh

Unread post by AbdulSaleh » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Ramadan Mubarak to all muslemin world wide.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Ramzan Mubarak to all. This is the month we cleanse ourselves. It is also the month of giving and sharing. It is our responsibility of help the less fortunate. Help an orphanage, buy somebodies groceries if you can. May Allah keep you all healthy and strong to fulfill your duties.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:18 pm

May the light that we celebrate at Ramzan show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace and social harmony. Wishing all the members on this forum a Very Happy Ramzan.
Dua ni iltemas.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:34 pm

A happy and fruitful Ramadan to all. It will be fruitful for the bohra clergy here but we hope and pray that it is fruitful for the rest of us in the hereafter.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:06 am

Anajmi and Muslim First, i forgot to add you in my list.

Ramzan Mubarak to you both and all at home.

BTW, is it true that rozas in US are going to be for 20 hours this year? :shock:

Someone sent me a whatsapp message with countries and the hours.

Australia has the shortest at 9 hours and Germany and Poland and all with 21 hours

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 am

fustrate_Bohra wrote:
zinger wrote:i have an idea, how about, all people living in mumbai, we meet at a central location one day for an iftaar party?

Appreciate your thoughts and would love to be the part of this, but main concern what if any members with opp. thoughts are found to be neighbours plus we also dont know who all are frm kothar.

So Zinger bhai with this in mind i may not feel free to take part in this though i love to be.
shucks, you're right... i actually forgot the kothar monitors this site and for all you know, they will be waiting there with cameras and ejamat card scanners.

Lets take this in PM. Who ever is game, PM me

P.S. Im not from Kothar, you can trust me on that :)

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I sincerely wish that this Ramadan infuses us with great courage to be triumphant over the adversities in our lives.
Here's wishing you all a blessed, prosperous and blissful Ramadan.

Regards,
Ummul

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Zinger
P.S. Im not from Kothar, you can trust me on that :)
And that is what both the SMS and SKQ are saying " I am appointed by Imam, you can trust me on that"

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 am

Ramzan Mubarak to all of you... NO COPY PASTE.. but yes to all