How you come to know about this forum

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
fustrate_Bohra

How you come to know about this forum

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Salaam,

Members do share your experience about HOW YOU COME TO KNOW ABOUT THIS FORUM?
Me think it will be interesting to know
HOW THIS SITE GAIN SO MANY MEMBERS?

As they says "Charity first begins from home" would like to share my experience first to begin with.

Around 1 year back i was hunting for the site where i can mail my complain at Badri Mahal regarding some grievances i was facing with my jamaat, after surfing various sites related to dawoodi bohra i was hit with this site which is
www.dawoodi-bohras.com when i checked this site i was surprise to see it as a forum where members discusses theirs concern and unislamic practices and most surprising thing for me was there were many members who think exactly the same way i do.

Earlier when i use to hear any bayans from sayedna or janab and when they use words such as munafiqin or dawat na dushman i use to think that they are addressing to other religion(especially sunni) but only after knowing and understanding this forum i came to know to whom they are addressing :D . I also came to know that there is something called as reform or progressive in our community (to whom this site actually belongs) who are fighting against all the unislamic prcatices going in our community. I was really impressed by their brave efforts and dedication which is still going on from last so many decades.

With the help of this site i came to know about Aliasgar Engineer, who he was and what had he achieved, otherwise i had just heard his name and that too in negative way. Apart from this i came to know about many great philanthropist and the most remarkable one is Adamji bhai pheerbhuoy.

This site encourage me to read about islam and also how our dawoodi bohra religion was formed so that it can help me to understand what actually members are talking about. Apart from this i came to know about couples of book like Diamul Islam, Najul Balagah(though i havent read these books) which i can relate with most of the sensible debate going here.

I appreciate the efforts by the makers of this site, Keep up guys you all are doing an excellent job and also to all the forum members whose thoughts/questions and article has strengtened the forum otherwise the purpose of this site would have been defeated.

It took me more than 7 to 8 months to register myself, i started with LIKE and gradually gather some guts to pen down my thoughts.

Phew! Well this was my experience about the site and the most important thing

"I still did not got the link where i can complain my grievances" :lol:

garibmumin

Re: How you come to know about this forum

Unread post by garibmumin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Any google search on a bohra topic reveals this forum in top results. A great achievement , But I would recommend the admin to make seperate articles on the main site out of some great forum posts made here .This will greatly improve the search engine ranking and traffic.

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 am

Allah disclosed the corrupted actions of the bohra community to me, i was not v.sure in the beginning if the practices of the community are really wrong or not. I used to google to find some clues.I found brother burhan's page(islamhelpline) very helpful. I though this forum is only for people of udaipur (youth).I joined this just to interact with people who are like me. who know the practices of the community are corrupted and will bring no good in the future.I learned about zakath's corruption only from this page otherwise i only thought that a Dai would never misuse zakath :mrgreen: .

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:31 am

I also joined by looking around
Question I have about this site : Who pays for the expenses and more important how can anyone help?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am

I was an ardent ABDE ! so emotional… I would start crying looking at SMB and more so in his fragile health. But at the same time, his administration representative made me think, reason and oppose their practices. I always separated corruption from SMB and Royal Family. Assuming that they are not aware of the wrong-doings at local levels. However I found SMB to be atleast modest, skillfull orator and fatherly figure, so I kept denying my thoughts to associate the mess with SMB.
I used to have regular debates with mullahs, sheikhs, muallims and amils, I was attending student of sabak in Pune. Their levels of distortion and brainwashing was passing the limits and my tolerance of not questioning.
Following Questions lead me to this site, which change my attitude, thought process, outlook, life and best of all my FAITH…
Why throw laanat on Ali Asgar Engineer ?
Masalla / Muharram space on sale !
Where / who is Imam-uz-Zaman ?
Ever Increasing taxation in Bohraism !
Is Dai Infallible, Ghaib-Na-Jaankar ?
Is Pleasure hunting allowed in Islam ?

Heartiest thanks, appreciation and prayers for PDB site and its adminstrators !

Great JOB …

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:11 am

abde53 wrote:I also joined by looking around
Question I have about this site : Who pays for the expenses and more important how can anyone help?
The expenses come from the pockets of individuals who run it, and also from a couple of generous Forum members who contribute regularly. People can help by sending contributions through PayPal. There is a donate button in the top right-hand corner of this page.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Admin wrote:
abde53 wrote:I also joined by looking around
The expenses come from the pockets of individuals who run it, and also from a couple of generous Forum members who contribute regularly. People can help by sending contributions through PayPal. There is a donate button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Please count me in for the contribution
I personally think my Wajebaat money (not Zakat) is well spent here as this forum has educated many and opened the eyes and brought them to the right path.
I do hope and urge all to contribute generously to this forum, I personally feel that contributing to educate people to the right teaching of Islam carries more Sawab them filling the pockets of Corrupt Goons.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Admin Bhai
I will try to contribute whatever i can too...

Liberalguy

Unread post by Liberalguy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:46 pm

I stumbled upon this forum while just googling something related to bohra. I was once a staunch follower and someone who had bought it all. Now I would rather call myself a rationalist and humanist. Question everything.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:13 pm

I was looking to see if I can find my dads newspaper "Bhora Bulletin".

ribbahs

Unread post by ribbahs » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 am

I just googled to know more about these lovely rational minded folks. Believe me its a pleasure to interact with such educated people and knowing the true path of Islam!!