Hadith from Ahle Bayt prohibiting grave worship

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Muslim First

Re: Hadith from Ahle Bayt prohibiting grave worship

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:13 am

silvertongue wrote:To end this here. No muslim ever worships graves. He does sajda and makes a dua. And those who think its worshipping. Keep thinking and abusing. It doesnt make a difference at all. Coz Allah knows better than you so called Knowledgable people here. As for those who have belief in this. May Allah bless you and accept your Dua.
Jazakllah..
No Muslim does Sajda, you must be kidding or must be smoking something.
You do not do Sajda. Sajda is for Allah only
Read the following and learn
Etiquette of visiting graves

If I want to visit my father’s grave, what should I do? What is the etiquette of visiting graveyards? Are there any things I should pay attention to?
Praise be to Allaah.

It is prescribed to visit graves in order to learn a lesson from that and to remember the Hereafter. That is subject to the condition that one does not say anything that will anger the Lord, such as calling upon the one who is buried or seeking his help instead of Allaah, or praising him and saying that he is for certain in Paradise, etc.

The purpose of visiting the graves is twofold:

(a) The visitor benefits from remembering death and the dead, remembering that their destiny will be either Paradise or Hell. This is the primary purpose of the visit.

(b) The deceased also benefits and is treated kindly by the visitor greeting him with salaams, making du’aa’ for him, praying for forgiveness for him. This applies only to Muslims. Among the du’aa’s that may be recited are:

“Assalaamu ‘alaykum ahl al-diyaar min al-mu’mineen wa’l-Muslimeen, in sha Allaah bikum laahiqoon, as’al Allaaha lana wa lakum al-‘aafiyah
(peace be upon you O people of the dwellings, believers and Muslims, In sha Allaah we will join you, I ask Allaah to keep us and you safe and sound).”

It is permissible to raise the hands when reciting this du’aa’, because of the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out one night, and I sent Bareerah to follow him and see where he went. She said, ‘He went towards Baqee’ al-Gharqad [the graveyard in Madeenah], and he stood at the bottom of al-Baqee’ and raised his hands, then he went away.’ Bareerah came back to me and told me, and when morning came I asked him about it. I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, where did you go out to last night? He said, ‘I was sent to the people of al-Baqee’, to pray for them.’”

But you should not face the grave when making du’aa’ for them; rather you should face the direction of the Ka’bah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade prayer (salaah) facing graves, and du’aa’ is the heart and soul of salaah, as is well known, and is subject to the same rulings. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Du’aa’ is worship” then he recited the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “And your Lord said: “Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation).” [Ghaafir 40:60]

You should not walk between the graves of the Muslims wearing your shoes. It was narrated that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If I were to walk on hot coals or on a sword, or if I were to mend my shoes using my feet, that would be better for me than if I were to walk on the grave of a Muslim. And it makes no difference to me if I were to relieve myself in the midst of the graves or in the middle of the market-place [i.e., both are equally bad].’” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1567)

We ask Allaah, the Most High, the Omnipotent, to have mercy upon our dead and the deceased Muslims.

Adapted from Mukhtasar Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz by al-Albaani

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Show me one clear Aya of Quran which says " o Muhammad your progeny will lead Ummah after you"
My Friend, how fast you forget. Let me remind you. At Ghadir E Khoum, Prophet SAW proclaimed Imam Ali AS as the leader of the believers.... and , (never mind that) you said Hazarat Umar RA congratulated Hazarat Ali AS. Why don't you tell us all why he congratulated Mowla Ali AS. What did the Prophet SAW say? If you tell us then you will find your answer. Don't, please, waste your and other people's time going in circles.

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 am

JJ,
The word Mawla was used and just search the hadith collections , http://sunnah.com/search/mawla almost in every single instance mawla was used to denote brother\slave\beloved and mostly used for "slave" . I never came across any instance of using Mawla as master .

ALi himself never took this meaning. Also see the arabic movie i posted in this forum even there Mawla is used by tons and used for various people.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 am

So you guys mean to say that in the middle of the day under the scorching heat of the sun in the desert, Rasulallah a.s. stopped 70k people just to tell them that Ali a.s. is his brother.? If you guys don't want to believe simply tell it. And end the chapter. If you think this event is not that important, then find out the context of these ayats.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

"Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion." (Qur'an 5:3)

"A questioner questioned about the punishment to fall. For the disbelievers there is nothing to avert it, from Allah the Lord of the Ascent." (70:1-3)

YOU GUYS STILL WONT BELIEVE IT... UR HEARTS R SEALED....

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:15 am

bro silver, read the entire context of ghadir hadith, it was not all of sudden but due to a situation where many soldeirs had complained regarding Ali to rasulallah and it was the duty of rasulallah to resolve the dispute in favour of Ali.

Read the next verse after (Qur'an 5:67) it was meant for Jews and christians, you cant cherry pick verses!

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:42 am

bro silver, read the entire context of ghadir hadith, it was not all of sudden but due to a situation where many soldeirs had complained regarding Ali to rasulallah and it was the duty of rasulallah to resolve the dispute in favour of Ali.
So you are quoting an event 5 years before Ghadir, and guess what at that time Rasulallah already made it clear bro. Besides, Ghadeer is not just a declaration of Maula Ali a.s., but a conclusion. So if you think Nabi a.s. addressed him as a frnd, no problem. How abt Dawat E Aashira, Expedition of Tabuk, Mubahila, Al Kisa, Khandaq, Khaibar, Hunain... U degrade one merit of my Maula and millions come out.. Thats the beauty of the Wali of Allah..

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:43 am

Read the next verse after (Qur'an 5:67) it was meant for Jews and christians, you cant cherry pick verses!
Cherry pick... Lolz.. U say that Allah perfected religion for Jews and Christians.. Check your own history pal.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:44 am

I challenge you bro, Bring me one Equal to Ali a.s. except Nabi a.s. and ill follow him.

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 am

bro that is only because you were born into Shia , and we all have confirmation bias, Most of the new converts after much study come to Sunni Islam and even many bohraand isna ashari I met changed to Sunni leaving behind friends, family and relatives? Why

please read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:16 am

Also regarding fazaail then I alrady posted sahih hadith which explicitly state that fazaail of Abu Bakr is greater then Ali , said by none other than Ali himself.

Moreover if you see Ali was 10 year old whereas Abubakr\Umar were of the age of prophet, hence they were more actively involved in prophetic missions at leadership levels. Later Ali being a youth was more able to fight and show raw strength then the seniors like Abu Bakr etc whose played leadership roles.

Ali too was a brave warrior but no exclusivity , there were much better warriors like Khalid bin Walid etc who managed to conquer most of the middle east. And got the title saifullah.
Last edited by morela on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am

anyways you should also desist in projecting us as "haters of ahlebayt" as we choose to believe the authentic narrations and dont rely on emotions and hearsay.

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 am

and I meant Read the next verse after (Qur'an 5:67) i.e 5:68

5:67 was concerned with ahlekitab

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:35 am

Also regarding fazaail then I alrady posted sahih hadith which explicitly state that fazaail of Abu Bakr is greater then Ali , said by none other than Ali himself.

Moreover if you see Ali was 10 year old whereas Abubakr\Umar were of the age of prophet, hence they were more actively involved in prophetic missions.

Ali too was a brave warrior but no exclusivity , there were much better warriors like Khalid bin Walid etc who managed to conquer most of the middle east. And got the title saifullah.
Your so called Saifullah, Who tried to kill Ali a.s. Quwat E Parwardigaar, Saif ul Islam, Asadullah.
Abu Bakr, who angered Fatima a.s and forcefully took the Pledge of Ali a.s.
Umar, Who threatened to burn the house of the daughter of Rasulallah a.s.

And you expect to give respect to these guys. I cant follow both truth and falsehood at the same time. History is clear. If you consider Abu Bakr above Ali go on. Thats your belief. I simply cant pretend to be a sunni/shia and love or give respect to those who changed the world of Ahlul Bayt upside down just after the demise of Nabi a,s... No matter how good they may be during Nabi a.s. time. What they did after that removed every merit from them. Its not a shia whos saying this. But the one who has been studied Islamic History since 10 years and studied books like, Sahih Bukhari, Sahih, Muslim, Al Nisai, Al Mustadraq Aala Sahihain, Al Tirmidhi, Nahjul Balagha, Daim ul Islam. etc..

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:39 am

anyways you should also desist in projecting us as "haters of ahlebayt" as we choose to believe the authentic narrations and dont rely on emotions and hearsay.
Authentic Narrations??? Tell me the one who narrated the Hadith ur talking about.. And if you want to follow your own authentic Hadiths then Why do u quote that Nabi a.s. left Quran and Sunnah behind. Whereas no such Hadith is in Bukhari n Muslim. rather its Quran and Ahlul Bayt.

It is narrated in Sahih Muslim as well as many other sources that:

Someday (after his last pilgrimage) the Messenger of Allah (S) stood to give us a speech beside a pond which is known as Khum (Ghadir Khum) which is located between Mecca and Medina. Then he praised Allah and reminded Him, and then said: "O’ people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance...The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."

Sunni Reference:

• Sahih Muslim, Chapter of the virtues of the companions, section of the virtues of ‘Ali, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v 4, p1873, Tradition #36.

morela

Unread post by morela » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:58 am

yes we do believe 100% of narration which says remind you of duties towards ahlebayt , and also other authentic narrations which say quran and sunnah.

Also Ahlebayt includes wives as discussed before hence we are the ones who truly follow and love all the ahlebayt:
http://web.archive.org/web/200911211612 ... /thaqalayn

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 am

A King once went out in the night, in the streets of his kingdom. There he saw a poor man reciting something in praise of Ali a.s. The king was a follower of the Ahlul Sunnah, so for the sake of argument he asked a question to this poor man. He said," Batao, Kaun sabse Aala aur Fadhail mein Bada hai, Ali a.s ya Abu Bakr. The poor man said," E banda E Khuda, itna to pata nahi, par ha, Log Abu Bakr ko Bura aur Bhala kehte hai, Uski Bhalai pe shak hai, Aur log Ali a.s. ko Sher E Khuda aur Khuda kehte hai, Uski Khudai Pe Shak Hai..."... Ya Ali Madad...

No matter what happens. Ali a.s. will always remain Awwal in every Amal for Allah and his Nabi a.s.

Some Hadiths:

The Messenger of Allah (S) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

The Prophet (S) said: "There is amongst you a person who will fight for the interpretation of the Qur’an just as I fought for its revelation.”The people around him raised their heads and cast inquisitive glances at the Prophet (S) and at one another. Abu Bakr and Umar were there. Abu Bakr inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (S) replied in the negative. Then Umar inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (S), replied "No. He is the one who is repairing my shoes (i.e., ‘Ali)."

Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and al-Hakim recorded with authentic document from Abu Said al-Khudri, that the Apostle of God said to ‘Ali: "Verily you will do battle for (implementation of) the Qur’an, as you has done for its revelation."

al-Hakim recorded that Anas Ibn Malik narrated that the Holy Prophet said to ‘Ali:
“You shall inform my nation about the truth and what they dispute after me":

Salman al-Farsi said that the Messenger of God said: "The first one of you to drink from the Basin on the Day of Judgment is your first Muslim, ‘Ali, the son of Abu Talib."
Sunni reference: al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p112

‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib was the first male to believe in the Messenger of God and that he prayed with him while he was only ten years old.
Sunni reference: Biography of the Prophet, by Ibn Hisham, v1, p245

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 am

Also Ahlebayt includes wives
How many times do i have to post the same hadith man.. They r not included at all... Read the hadiths in Sahih Muslim pal.. pls.. Now uev started to irritating me man.. lolz

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Read the Quran. Wives of the prophet are the ahle bayt.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:56 pm

I already have bro.. The event, the context, the time, the members. NO WIVES.. Sorry for tht.. :-)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 am

Well, if you had read the Quran, you would've known that the wives of the prophet (saw) are the ahle bayt. Sorry about that but you probably have been reading junk like khutbatul bayan.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 am

For you its junk, not for me. You may think Khutbatul Bayan is another book full of shirks. Thats your opinion by just reading a regular text without knowing the insights. I dont blame you. Its natural. Likewise, in the Quran, the verse 33:33 is about the Household of the prophet. You think wives are included in that coz the previous verses are about the wives. But if you study the events and the context of that Ayats both the stories are different. The verse 33:33 is the Ayat of Purification and the Hadith of the Cloak which is mentioned in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim (Considered Authentic books by Sunnis).. Hope u knw tht. Well we dont consider the wives in Ahlul bayt and so does the books of Bukhari and Muslim, now if u think that ur wiser than all of these people then ill be waiting to read Sahih Al Anajmi for sure.. or Khutbatul Anajmi.. Lol.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 am

This goes on forever bro.. There is no end to these discussions.. People are fighting since 1400 years, and all we find in todays world is different communities following greedy Mullas and making more and more money. THAT needs to be solved. The other, leave it to Allah swt.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

The problem happens when people mix water with milk and try to sell it as milk. The Quran talks about the wives of the prophet (saw) as Ahle Bayt. Plain and simple. Then come the "events and context" people to mix water with milk. The Quran considers the wives of the prophet (saw) as Ahle Bayt. I don't care what Bukhari and Muslim say and care even less of what you say. The Quran supercedes everyone and everything. Anything or anyone who disagrees with the Quran, can be rejected.

If a hadith from bukhari or muslim contradicts the Quran, then it is to be rejected. If the explanation of such hadith by the "events and context" folks contradicts the Quran (which is what is happening over here), then that explanation is to be rejected.

Even after reading the said hadith, there are no Sunni scholars who reject the wives as Ahle Bayt. That should tell you something about yourself.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

ST
Read this
Prophet’s Wives are Ahlel Bayt
http://web.archive.org/web/200908142323 ... bayt/wives

Prophet’s Daughters are Ahlel Bayt
http://web.archive.org/web/200907200746 ... /daughters

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:50 pm

ST

I am sure you are not going to read above links so I am posting part of it

The Quran Refers to the Prophet’s Wives as Ahlel Bayt

As Muslims, we believe in the absolute authority of the Quran. It is the highest source of legislation; in fact, it is the very speech of Allah. The Quran refers to the Prophet’s wives as the Ahlel Bayt. Allah Almighty Himself negates all those who dare argue that Aisha (رضّى الله عنها) and Hafsa (رضّى الله عنها) are not part of the Ahlel Bayt.

The Quran specifically refers to the wives of the Prophet as Ahlel Bayt in the following verse:

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other of the women; If you will be on your guard, then be not soft in your speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word. And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, you Ahlel Bayt (People of the House), and to make you pure and spotless.” (Quran, 33:32-33)

The transliteration reads:

“Ya nisa al-nabiyi lastuna kahadin mina alnisa-i ini itaqaytuna fala takhdaAAna bialqawli fayatmaAAa allathee fee qalbihi maradun waqulna qawlan maAAroofan Waqarna fee buyootikunna wala tabarrajna tabarruja aljahiliyyati al-oola waaqimna alssalata waateena alzzakata waatiAAna Allaha warasoolahu innama yureedu Allahu liyuthhiba AAankumu alrrijsa Ahlul Bayt-i wayutahhirakum tatheeran” (Quran, 33:32-33)

There is in fact not a single verse in the Quran which identifies Ali (رضّى الله عنه), Fatima (رضّى الله عنها), Hasan (رضّى الله عنه), or Hussain (رضّى الله عنه) as the Ahlel Bayt. Not a single verse in the Quran mentions the 12 Infallible Imams of the Shia, let alone calling them Ahlel Bayt. The term “Ahlel Bayt” has been used twice in the Quran, and both times it is used to refer to the wives. And a similar term, Ahli Baytin is used in the Quran to refer to the wife of Imran (mother of Moses). And yet, not a single time is the word “Ahlel Bayt” used in the Quran for Ali (رضّى الله عنه), Fatima (رضّى الله عنها), Hasan (رضّى الله عنه), or Hussain (رضّى الله عنه). Nowhere does the Quran say “O cousin of the Prophet” but rather the Quran says “O wives of the Prophet.” If following the Ahlel Bayt is the fundamental of belief as the Shia Ayatollahs claim, then why is it that the Quran never once mentions Ali (رضّى الله عنه) let alone mentioning him as the Ahlel Bayt? If we ask our Shia brothers to produce verses in the Quran about the Ahlel Bayt, they will be dissapointed to find that these verses are all in relation to the Prophet’s wives.

Second Time the Quran Uses the Word “Ahlel Bayt”

Ahlel Bayt is used another time in the Quran and again this time to refer to the wives:

“She said: ‘O wonder! shall I bear a son when I am an extremely old woman and this my husband an extremely old man? Most surely this is a wonderful thing.’ They said: ‘Do you wonder at Allah’s decree? The grace of Allah and His blessings on you, o you Ahlel Bayt (People of the House)! for He is indeed worthy of all praise, full of all glory!’” (Quran, 11:72-73)

The transliteration reads:

“Qalat Ya Waylata ‘A’alidu Wa ‘Ana `Ajuzun Wa Hadha Ba`li Shaykhaan ‘Inna Hadha Lashay’un `Ajibun. Qalu ‘Ata`jabina Min ‘Amri Allahi Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuhu `Alaykum ‘Ahlul-Bayt-i ‘Innahu Hamidun Majidun.” (Quran, 11:72-73)

In the verse above, Prophet Ibrahim’s wife asks the angels how can she have a son, and they respond back calling her and Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) as Ahlel Bayt. And again, the collective pronoun is used to refer to the Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) and his wife. Nobody else was in the room other than them, and the angels referred to them all as Ahlel Bayt, including Prophet Ibrahim’s wife.

The Quran declares that Wives are Part of the Family

Allah Almighty says that all of the members of Prophet Loot’s family will be saved aside from his wife. Allah says: “(All) except the family of Loot. Them all surely We are going to save (from destruction). Except his wife…” (Quran, 15:59-60)

The construction “except his wife” would be non-sensical unless the wife was included in the family of Loot (عليه السلم). Otherwise, why would Allah need to clarify that Loot’s wife was an exception to the rule that the family of Loot (عليه السلام) would be saved?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 am

If you don't care about the authenticity of your own hadiths then arguing or any discussion related to that is simply useless. Best of luck with your own version of Ahlul Bayt. :-)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 am

Our version is the same as the version of the Quran. Milk which is pure and not mixed with water!!

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:15 am

The Quran declares that Wives are Part of the Family
Let us assume for a second that His wives are a part of Ahlul Bayt. But they are not mentioned in the events of Hadith of the Cloak or Mubahila, or Ghadeer. Which Quran mentions. So its simple that Quran calls Ahlul Bayt to those people as in the family of 'Ali, Aqeel, Jafar and Abbas, the cousins of Prophet Mohammed p.b.u.h. READ THE HISTORY.. Dont just try to defend the wives whom even Quran dont respect. BAAKI TO DOOR KI BAAT HAI..

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:29 am

Let us assume for a second that His wives are a part of Ahlul Bayt.
No need to assume. The Quran is absolutely clear.
Dont just try to defend the wives whom even Quran dont respect.
Actually, the Quran says that the wives are the mothers of all believers. Nothing more respectable than that. You should try reading the Quran instead of the junk that you are used to.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:35 am

Actually, the Quran says that the wives are the mothers of all believers. Nothing more respectable than that. You should try reading the Quran instead of the junk that you are used to.
The only reason that Wives are called the mother of the believers is that coz no man can marry the wives after the demise of the prophet. Infact coz of the Acts of Ayesha and Hafsa, Quran even asks the prophet if Allah could replace them with better wives. If thats not an eye opener for you then May Allah guide you with the rest. So far my junk reading goes. Alhamdolillah, Im a lot better THAN you. The verses of the Quran are not in Chronological order. The verses of Wives and the Verse of Tatheer differ in that. Even sunnis and Shias both unanimously agree that there were no wives included in the cloak when this verse was revealed. NOW WE TRY TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY.. Lolz.. its very childish man.. and completely useless too. Even useless to debate on it. Im stopping here bro.. but if you wish.. Carry on.