WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW ?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Rajput

WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW ?

Unread post by Rajput » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:25 pm

.........................................................................WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW......................................................................................

When your hairs turn grey and you have outlived the most energetic and ambitious years of your life with full conviction about your ultimate goal and at that point suddenly you get a jerk your eyes open up and you find yourself in the middle of nowhere how would you feel and you will definitely ask yourself WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW.
Belonging to a rather moderately religious family today i recall all those years of my life as a young boy going to the masjid holding my fathers finger, my grandma would make a fine topi for me, sitting in majlis e Hussain without understanding a word that the bhaisahib was saying but i could understand the tears flowing out of my dads eyes on the bayan of shahzada Ali Asghar, well then a tasty lunch of haleem and kadhi, i remember more then once when syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin arrived in our city and our mohallah, we were so excited without knowing what will happen next we were happy because all the people were happy seeing the lanes being decorated by colorful flags and lights, i remember my dad wearing the golden faeta in the forefront of the reception committee, oh what memories.
as i grew up i started understanding the religion, the enemity of awwal saani and saalis, and our core believes, the love for our dai and understanding his rutba, i remember my father taking me in front of Moula, with folded hands i starred in his eyes and remember his smiling face and glittering eyes, my father told me aa apna moula che ehni hamesha mohabbat karje and still remember his voice choked with sentiments.
During moharram i would actively participate in sabeel e hussain and niaz distribution, well time passed the momin within me grew stronger and i even opted for certain voluntary chores. the company of friends that i had were more staunch then me and i recieved that added colour. i used to attend all majlis throughout the year esp the moharram waiz, and had a good collection of dawat books, i started doing rajab rozas as well and completed all 10 years, now i had a family of my own and with my son in my lap i used to show him that look son he is our moula always love him love him more then you love me and my young son would agree to it.
i was more and more engrossed and concerned about the life hereafter, whenever i had problems or difficult times i would hush them away with the thought that this is just a testing time for me my real goal is different my target is different.
i used to read hafti in the morning prayers reciting most of the duas, and even rest of the prayers very regularly, i used to look out for momineen in need and would try to help them out more then i could afford, moharram, ramazan was the time when i was bend upon trying to accomplish such tasks, i was content from inside that iam on the right track what may happen, my children grew in front of my eyes and i tried to put my brain into their heads as much as i could. During Shehrullah i used to give wajibaat to an extent which was not even due on me but i used to give it willingly, i considered this world as a passage and always fixed my eyes on the reward that was promised.
During all these years however there were certain questions which kept bothering me and the answers were not enough to satisfy my query, top of the list was why money is the prime target and is hunted in a thousand ways in our religion by the people who plan syednas engagements that is the kothar, why is it that a poor guy is not allowed to come near the dai and those who are busy in all kind of ill doings are so close because of their wealth, why! why! secondly at this age of science and space technology when we can understand the toughest of mathematical formulas and complicated equations of physics and chemistry what makes the ilm of Aale e Mohammad so difficult to understand, why is it that these people keep on frightening us away that aa ilm kai sehal nathi ghana marahil che, whatever ilm i was able to attain was just as easy as anything to understand then why they create such a hype is it that they want only a few to have their monopoly or what, i couldnt understand, third thing which really bothered me is their attitude towards non bohras or even those who seldom attend their gatherings, the way they look down upon people is horrible, they consider themselves superhuman and the rest of Allahs creation as rubbish, at many instances i have seen them repelling and making faces to those who occasionaly attend their functions infact they are badly infected by superioity phobia and this attitude is more evident in jamia people and bhaisahibs.
After the demise of Syedna Burhanuddin Maula everything shattered, why i have no fixed answer but i assess two important reasons behind this debacle, the first is mazoon sahib, is there anybody who has more ilm then the second in command to Daiallah, is there anybody who can say that he has read more dawat books then mazoon sahib, if he has moved away there has to be something wrong there some worldly tussle which has nothing to do with religion and if this is a worldly tussle who can guarantee that such tussles have not happened in the past which has changed the course of dawat. secondly the artificial attitude of Syedna Mufaddal sahib is very obvious in which he has tried to implement things which are not close to nature like the men making rotis, what a joke! is this religion all about, the spirituality has evaporated and the kingship is becoming more evident, in his last trip i was really really disappointed, i saw people running like zombies everyone telling the other Ae taro salam thayo mari tou eevi fine qadam bosi thai gai i mean its all artificial and iam sure nothing to do with religion.
Ok now here iam a devastated man who lived all his life doing Maula Maula, now what, i have lost interest in everything, this might be disturbing for some readers but now i keep lying in my bed even after listening the fajar azan, in the afternoon and maghrib i say my namaz without any concentration or spirit, i have stopped reading quran and turned into a person with least inclination for religion, when my children ask me something about this i say nothing just give them a smile and walk away, i even have to concentrate when imam Hussains bayan is delivered because my mind is not in my control anymore. I ask everybody am i the culprit or a victim, and i often ask myself WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW?

haqniwaat

Re: WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW ?

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 pm

You are a victim and you are not alone. I felt the same way until I began asking myself a simple question: if you have two people in front of you, one is a shehzada with no rutba, and the other is a mazoon of over 50 years whose name I have sworn by in misaaq, who would I believe? After that, I was lightened and felt normal and happy again. No matter how many Adams come in front of me.

Rajput

Unread post by Rajput » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:37 pm

It is not something to decide between Mufaddal Saifuddin and Khuzaima Qutbuddin, i have lost my confidence in the whole system, i consider even Khuzaima Qutbuddin as another candidate for the kingship, i have a friend who is a hakeem, he practices hikmat and prepares medicines and his medicines are sold in every store, i asked him a question, how do you prepare these medicines? you must be doing lot of research and experiments in making them, his honest answer was 'i have inherited these formulas from my father and grandfather, whatever is written i just make it that way and pass it on with new colorful labels' i think this is what has been going on with us, we have lost true essence of our religion and got more busy with stupid customs and money making techniques, this ilhaam and contact with imam a.s is also beyond my understanding, i guess we have drifted far away from the shore. Allah help us.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:41 pm

Sounds like you have drifted. And you're not alone. There are lots like you, thanks to mufaddal bs and his gang.

maethist

Unread post by maethist » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Rajput,

You should celebrate. You discovered you were worshiping false gold and false God. But you have now discovered the essence at the core of the messages of great teachers. Concentrate on you inner core. If you trust God, make Him your sole focus and wean yourself away from thinking any man is better spiritual guide than your own inner core. Congratulations.

fiate2000

Unread post by fiate2000 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:23 pm

haqniwaat wrote:You are a victim and you are not alone. I felt the same way until I began asking myself a simple question: if you have two people in front of you, one is a shehzada with no rutba, and the

Code: Select all

other is a mazoon of over 50 years whose name I have sworn by in misaaq, who would I believ
e? After that, I was lightened and felt normal and happy again. No matter how many Adams come in front of me.
Haqniwat's pathetic reply makes me :lol: . While Rajput bhai is in a dilemna with his beleifs, haqniwat is busy propagating something similar. Haqniwat bhai, please! we all know Qutbi gang is no more different then Muffy gang. They were in the same fold until recently (before the start of the power game). So go and play your flute elsewhere, yaha tamari daal nai galwani.
Pray to ALLAH only, satisfy the five obligations/pillars of islam. Try and understand the quran ( which we are prohibited from reading) and try and be a good Muslim. Allah's wants; from his followers is very little, compared to the wants of every leader on this earth. Yet we fail to suffice him.
Rajput bhai, I believe that Allah has shown mercy on you and have blessed you. Now that you have come this far, It would be my advice to you as a sister to not categorize yourself as either a shia/sunni/ or something similar. Yes! we all love the Ahlebait but the love for them should not be used to brand us. It is the dai's who used the Ahlebiat as a sentimental tool to take advantage. Rest, Allah knows the truth

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 pm

My friend Rajput:

What you are experiencing is natural, specially when one's foundations are snatched from them. The death of Sayedna M Burhanuddin (RA) was the catalyst for your confusion and existential angst. However, as you yourself astutely observe, the real changes had started long ago, when you noticed that worldly things were taking the center-stage.

It is not clear who is to blame, but it is certain that the Shehzada's, first S Taher Saifuddin's, and the S Burhanuddin's sons, slowly took control of the dawaat administration. They were drunk on power and wealth, and once they tasted these, they could not stop, and wanted more and more. Hence, the incessant desire for more and more money, more and more control over peoples lives, more and more untalented hacks before who you must bend over and supplicate.

What was once a simple and elegant religion, has now turned into a huge tamasha, in which the da'i was paraded around like a king, almost, one would say, like Firon, and a huge hype created around his presence. Who is to blame? SMB himself? Or his children and brothers? We don't know enough at this point to judge, but it clear that SMB (RA) knew something was wrong, but did not do anything to stop it. This is evident from the fact that the brothers and sons of SMB (RA) were actively scheming against the mazoon, right under their father's nose, yet, SMB (RA) did not do anything openly. But he may have done secretly, and we may not (yet) know about this. Of course, the biggest message which he sent, for the wise and those with understanding, was that despite these machinations, he kept S Qutbuddin in the rutba of mazoon, and continued to take his name in the misaaq till the end.

What we see is that an evil seed was planted decades ago, perhaps even while STS (RA) was alive. This plant was nurtured by a few key individuals, in particular the family of Yusuf Najmuddin (LA) and his sagga brothers, a few of the SMB's (RA) children and others. Now, that infernal seed has flowered, and the dejection you feel is a symptom of the poison it is spreading in the dawat. Mr. Muffadul is the flower of that plant, the most poisonous one. If you notice, his handlers, his uncles, did not allow him to open his mouth while SMB (RA) was healthy. By the time we realized that Mr. Muffadul was a fraud, a charlatan and a swindler, a fool who can not hold a candle to his father's and grandfather's greatness, it was too late. He had firmly established himself as the successor of SMB (RA). At this point, his poison has spread in the whole dawat, and the Bohras are feeling the poison. It may not be obvious, but as I said before, Bohras appear happy, but have lost the sight of religion, and the foundations of their faith. If you notice, Mr. Muffadul tries his level best to distract Bohras: make roti, frantically discuss where Ashara will be, spy on your neighbors and make sure they are not drinking or smoking, make sure women are busy in home-science and sitting in the corner, celebrate his birthday three times or even more, etc. etc. Bohras are enjoying all this, while the religion and faith is being torn asunder.

What you point about the Hakim making medicines based on inherited formulas, is a very astute and wise observation. I have looked into this matter somewhat, and it seems to me that the innovation which occurred during the time of the Imam's and the early da'i's stopped, or slowed down by the time of the 19th da'i S. Idris. After him, most of the dawat leaders were simply left repeating the same old things, without any major new developments. This is a topic which is complex, but your observation is correct, and food for further thought for everyone.

In any case, my opion is simple: even though you feel dejected, just continue to do what you were doing before. Be charitable, mix with your friends, read the du'a's in the morning as you did before, fast, pray and do all that your heart desired before. Don't let the poison of these infernal Iblisi people get to you. Things may resolve themselves, or you may have to do something to make the change yourself. For example, start following S. Qutbuddin, even if means risking your family and friend's wrath. Incidentally, as I have said many times before, the danger is less than fear makes it out to be. Be bold, and be true to your heart. You will do fine, my friend! Best of luck!

alam

Unread post by alam » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Rajput Bhai
Sounds like you have already made peace with the path you have chosen, or really forsaken, especially as is apparent from your second post. So the Title of your thread is not exactly reflecting your current feelings, correct?
If you have found peace in your chosen path, be well, my friend. If not, is your question about disruption in family/community bohra life, or is it about faith. I'm just not clear from your two posts. Your first post sounded more in sync with the title of your thread. and the second one seemed to indicate that you've already made up your mind... ?!

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 am

Bro Rajput

I could connect with your post. Very well expressed. But your dilemma and heart break is more as you have children to raise and value system to install. Inshallah you will find a way out. Remain a simple muslim, its much easier eventually as you go along you will find more peace and freedom.

Don’t give up on bohra culture, tradition and value system. These are not copyright properties of kothar and their leaders. Continue to identify yourself as bohra minus the human worshipping customs and rituals and walayat towards money money. You are elder and more matured than me, you would know best what paths are in front of you. Sharing your thought process and affirming that there are people with conscience awakening.

Deerseye

Unread post by Deerseye » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 am

Rajput Bhai,
You have expressed the dilemma and angst of the simple, believing, dawoodi bohra so beautifully. Personally for me this is a moment of celebration.growing up in a educated, thinking family I never for one day believed in the holier than thou. But I could never control myself in feeling bad for my community. I tried in vain to convince my friends and cousins to at least read the translation of QURAN.they always portrayed me to be the unfortunate one. If the death of the last Dai and the ugly struggle for power is stirring up the masses, I am happy and thankful to The Lord above. He finds the way when we can see none. Rejoice Rajput Bhai. You have been blessed.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:30 am

Rajput bhai aapko vacation ki zaroorat hain!

think

Unread post by think » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:35 am

rajput; Allah has shown you the light. The truth from falsehood. Thank him and him only with all your heart and serve him. strive for his happiness and he will bestow you many many fold. Ameen.
Your short essay reflects exactly the lives of many that were on that road.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Rajput sahab,

In my opinion perhaps you are lucky that Allah SWT has opened your eyes before departing from this world. Ask forgiveness and pray that Allah give you right guidance.

I also drifted from this DB sect from very early age i think before 20. Although I'm still young and in my 30s. My reasons are pretty much the same reasons as you have mentioned above and I'm still hoping and looking for answers that may satisfy my queries on this sect but so far not found satisfying answers.

My little advice for you to please read Quran with translation or take Quran lessons from knowledgeable person.

I like this speaker and his lectures.
I'm sharing a link, from this website you can download video lectures on whole Quran

http://www.tanzeemeislami.net/?tabid=62 ... tailID=103

May Allah SWT give us right guidance and keep us on a right path. Ameen.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:34 pm

brother rajput,

i completely understand what you are going through. the realisation, which often comes suddenly, that all your life you have hung onto certain dearly held beliefs, beliefs that are supposed to be inviolable and sacred, beliefs that are the very raison d'etre of your existence, carved in stone so to speak, beliefs that are unshakeable in an individual or a doctrine, now all of a sudden you see them in a new light and the entire edifice of your faith crumbles in front of your eyes, that can be very hurtful, it almost hits you like a ton of bricks. one can almost feel physical pain, accompanied by a gamut of various emotions, anger at those who misguided you, self-loathing at how you could have been so naive and foolish to be that trusting, and an unnamed fear as to what the future holds for you now that the props which provided you comfort and warmth of feeling and belonging have suddenly crumbled.

your question "WHERE SHOULD I GO NOW?" is most poignant and eloquent. you almost feel as if you have been orphaned, the sheltering cover of the beliefs you grew up with having been unexpectedly snatched from over your head. but be not afraid my friend, for along with self-realisation will come courage and the strength of spirit to re-align your faith and your world view. i say this from experience, for i too underwent such a radical spiritual transformation, but in my case the seeds of free thinking and rebellion were sowed at a very young age by my father, his contemporaries and the exemplary life that my elders lived. yet, when more facts were discovered by me independently about the true realities re: shia-sunni divides, the dirty politics of islam and the more mundane aspects of basal human instincts that influenced not just our religious history but of all religions and nations, the history of human civilisations past and present, then for me it was almost as if i had been betrayed, stabbed in the back and taken for a ride.

yes, i too stood at the crossroads, not sure about my way ahead, confused about my friends and society still stuck in that same rut, whereas i was someone suddenly a misfit, an alien in their midst. how should i continue in my relationships, should i declare my 'difference' or stay silent and play dumb, a thousand myriad questions and dilemmas all exploding in my head.

the journey of self-realisation is indeed a very lonely and often quite a miserable one. people will abandon you, either out of weakness, fear or resentment. the world prefers mediocrity, routine, and the road more familiar and well-travelled.

that your eyes have been opened, even if late in life, is a cause for celebration. welcome to that elite club of human beings who have elevated themselves above that vast majority of mediocre and mundane mindsets. in this you are in the company of the greatest minds of human history (not on their scale of course). all the prophets, thinkers, scientists and inventors were those that dared to think outside the box. they were often reviled, detested, cursed and rejected, but persevered they did. today humanity owes a debt of gratitude to them. all those blind and violent fanatics of every religion easily forget that those whom they literally worship as the founders of their religion, were all rebels. they rebelled against the severely entrenched practices and rigid traditions of their day, only to have their followers centuries later becoming the same old dogmatic idiots that these prophets came to reform.

in the case of the bohras, their vile and cunning leadership is capitalising and exploiting those very names of islam, like ali and the panjatan paak, whom they actually contradict in their own lifestyle and insult their memories. whereas you saw through this atleast now, the vast majority of generally sensible and intelligent bohras see no contradiction in their haramkhor leaders manipulating them into hypnotic maatam in the name of hussain and ali, whilst looting them and living a life of ayyashi and opulent indulgence like the repugnant moayiwah and yazeed.

welcome to this board. you will find many excellent like-minded friends and human beings here. hope you will be around here for a long time.

Rajput

Unread post by Rajput » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Honestly speaking after sharing my thoughts with you all iam feeling better, i must thank individually to all my brothers and sisters Al-zulfiqar, Dawedaar, Deerseye, Frustrate-Bohra, Humanbeing, Kimanumanu, Maethist, Ozundee, Rang, Think, Kansas, SBM, Biradar, Fiate2000, Haqniwaat, Alam, and Peace. The problem which we are facing cannot be sorted out quickly, it is a matter of belief, the ideologies that we have been following for generations. Time will be needed for most of us to get into some kind of arrangements and reach balances, we will have to draw certain lines to define our perimeters and i have initiated that process. Allah is great, better be late then never coming to the right conclusion, while going into the nitty-gritty of how to modify our lifestyle so that we can live and practice like a true muslim remaining attached to our families and friends will require some more thinking which i would love to share with you all in future. Iam obliged.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:39 pm

kuch log yohoon he sheher mai ham se bhi khafaa hai,
har aik se apni bhi tabbiyat nahi milti.

insaan mai hevaan yehaan bhi hai vahaan bhi
allah negebaan yahaan bhi hai vahaan bhi.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Rajput wrote:Honestly speaking after sharing my thoughts with you all iam feeling better, --------the ideologies that we have been following for generations. Time will be needed for most of us to get into some kind of arrangements and reach balances we will have to draw certain lines to define our perimeters and i have initiated that process.Allah is great, better be late then never coming to the right conclusion, while going into the nitty-gritty of how to modify our lifestyle so that we can live and practice like a true muslim remaining attached to our families and friends will require some more thinking which i would love to share with you all in future. Iam obliged.
Brother- you have already overcome the initial obstacle, keep up, I have been there and never looked back....

Rajput

Unread post by Rajput » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm

especially grateful to Al-Zulfiqar and Biradar.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 pm

you are welcome brother rajput.

every time i encounter an abde who has opened his eyes, learnt defiance and strikes out on his own, i go home and celebrate with sweets and a silent prayer.

allah ke ghar mein der hai, andher nahi hai..

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

Is there a recent jump in the number of enlightened people like Rajput?

This is encouraging as if the objectionists increase in critical numbers there could be a snowball effect.

Go muffy go continue your stupidity and you make our work easier.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:17 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:you are welcome brother rajput.

every time i encounter an abde who has opened his eyes, learnt defiance and strikes out on his own, i go home and celebrate with sweets and a silent prayer.

allah ke ghar mein der hai, andher nahi hai..
I hope you are enjoying the sweets made by Frozen Food. I understand they even have Khajla Barfi, a real Bohra treat :)

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Responding to ozdundee I feel the Mufaddali group has successfully faced the initial obstacles, they have now soothed down the nerves of common bohras who were nervous and concerned about the future of their community. The recent decision of mazoon and mukasir is probably the last nail in the coffin of restlessness but my friends sometimes there is a tsunami going on under the sea which you cannot see from the surface. I can guarantee you that the inner believe of a common bohra is shattered in different degrees depending on the individual, everyone understand that its not anymore what it used to be during the time of Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin sahib but there's nothing much that ordinary bohras could do, they don't have the courage to even make an ordinary bhaisahib accountable for his deeds but from within most of the community members know about the made up dummy shows that we are observing for quiet sometime.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:53 pm

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Pls give the translation as there are some who have their expertise in Urdu only.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:06 am

We have not seen the climax yet.

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:59 am

salaar wrote:Pls give the translation as there are some who have their expertise in Urdu only.
It says jin mein akele chalne ke housle (courage) hote hai
unke peechey ek din kafiley hote hai

basically it means that those people who have the courage to walk alone eventually have people following them one day!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:28 pm

MMH wrote: .....those people who have the courage to walk alone eventually have people following them one day!
but eventually those lonely, courageous people get slaughtered by their jealous enemies and then a haramkhor takes over the leadership of the followers and capitalises on the memory and sacrifice of the 'great leader'. so while that poor courageous fellow walked alone and got decimated, this new leader rakes in billions and billions in his name...

isko kehte hai chaalak businessman!