Ashara 1436 - Fatemi Dawat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Crater Lake

Ashara 1436 - Fatemi Dawat

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 pm

I am very excited about the first ever world wide broadcast of ashara waaz by Fatemi Dawat. No worrying about showing waaz passes, no scanning ejamat card, no standing in line, no tamasha bazi, no getting locked up in masjid while Malik Bhaisab does endless matam.... Simple sharing of ilm-e-aale Mohammed and observation of ghum-e-hussain.

For those who cannot make it to Ashara gatherings, this is certainly an opportunity to observe ghum-e-hussain in a manner that is supremely satisfying. I had the opportunity to listen to Taher Bhaisaheb's waaz in Kerbala Moalla. It was a waaz that I will remember for life. Definitely an opportunity worth taking. I will be in Bakersfield, but those who cannot make it, will not regret accessing these online.

Waaz is scheduled to start at 3:30 pm PT (California time) everyday. Ashura day timings and link to be announced later. For those who cannot see the waaz live, recordings will be available on YouTube for replays. Please feel free to forward.

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 2nd Moharram
http://youtu.be/c4YQq49IOeo

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 3rd Moharram
http://youtu.be/MItgldeL918

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 4th Moharram
http://youtu.be/ns2tfTo4rPU

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 5th Moharram
http://youtu.be/vCc_GHa6PpA

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 6th Moharram
http://youtu.be/gT0W-bKR74I

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 7th Moharram
http://youtu.be/XaVVValSP10

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 8th Moharram
http://youtu.be/QQWWGyBZ3Ac

Ashara Mubaraka 1436H - 9th Moharram
http://youtu.be/YGNcEeqqTrY

UnhappyBohra

Re: Ashara 1436 - Fatemi Dawat

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 pm

I mentioned on another thread, I will definitely be availing! Anything to escape the grotesque parading of a crusty old man in the Cinderella mobile and the bumbling through of his written script.

Haqq_Prevails

Unread post by Haqq_Prevails » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Few years back I for the first time met Taher bs in Karbala for Ashara, his waaz is rivetting, the sincerity shows. I especially remember how he did dua for Aqa Burhanuddin moula during the waaz. You could tell that it came from his heart. Even the shahadat bayaan is "Dil si gham karawe che". I was surprised when all on the MS side started concocting stories about the Qutbuddins not doing dua for Burhanuddin moula, that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Another impressive thing was he barely needed to refer to his notes, everything was from memory, extempore. A Galore of quotes from the Quran at every stage, everything substantiated.
On the topic of notes, let's see if MS can even say a sentence off his script without getting into trouble :)

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Haqq_Prevails wrote:Few years back I for the first time met Taher bs in Karbala for Ashara, his waaz is rivetting, the sincerity shows. I especially remember how he did dua for Aqa Burhanuddin moula during the waaz. You could tell that it came from his heart. Even the shahadat bayaan is "Dil si gham karawe che". I was surprised when all on the MS side started concocting stories about the Qutbuddins not doing dua for Burhanuddin moula, that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Another impressive thing was he barely needed to refer to his notes, everything was from memory, extempore. A Galore of quotes from the Quran at every stage, everything substantiated.
On the topic of notes, let's see if MS can even say a sentence off his script without getting into trouble :)
I concur. I have heard his waaz before. Definitely memorable and definitely evoking the significance of all that transpired on that desert battlefield leading up to that asar ni ghadi.

think

Unread post by think » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:25 pm

have not had the opportunity to listen to Taherbhaisaheb vaez. do post on you tube and link . Let the masses know what they are missing out.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 pm

think wrote:have not had the opportunity to listen to Taherbhaisaheb vaez. do post on you tube and link . Let the masses know what they are missing out.
Bhai think, the youtube links are posted above. I am sure they will be available on the Fatemi Dawat website on a daily basis as well.

alam

Unread post by alam » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:00 pm

I too have heard Taherbs vaaz years and years ago... I thought it was fantastic too.

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:24 pm

I think taher b.s voice is very close to skq when he was younger and has the same zeal and emotions. I wont be able to attend waaz due to work so I really look forward to the links of the recording.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:06 pm

MMH wrote:I think taher b.s voice is very close to skq when he was younger and has the same zeal and emotions. I wont be able to attend waaz due to work so I really look forward to the links of the recording.
Sister---you are going against the Farman of our Shafiq Bawa who cares so much about us. You are not buying into his HIKMAAT of staying away from work :mrgreen:

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:I mentioned on another thread, I will definitely be availing! Anything to escape the grotesque parading of a crusty old man in the Cinderella mobile and the bumbling through of his written script.
UnhappyBohra why don't you just give up this half heartedness and give misaq to SKQ TUS once and for all?! You seem to be three quarters on this side of the fence anyway... Come to Bakersfield for Ashara and bring your lovely wife and kids.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Nah...I don't go anywhere for Ashara unless there is a Cinderella A/C buggy with six horses, moron holding court and costumed clowns standing behind him!

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:Nah...I don't go anywhere for Ashara unless there is a Cinderella A/C buggy with six horses, moron holding court and costumed clowns standing behind him!
:mrgreen: I guess you need a ticket to Surat then...

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:30 am

congrats to all those who have joined fatemi dawat now you are all free from the life time imprisonment of dawoodi bohra.

but, so sad you all have just changed your cell which you are enjoying it because its new but the imprisonment still stays.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 am

Very creative thinking by SKQ ....if you cannot go to his sermon then his sermon will come to you.

Tahermakka

Unread post by Tahermakka » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:01 am

its a shame that many members here dont want to take pain to go to mosque and hear shane Hussain, they want every thing to come to their house so they can seat in their pajama and hear waez at home, how could you forget hussain went to karbala in heat but today you are not ready to even spare some time to go to mosque and hear his sermon and do his matam.

Aqa Hussain naa bayan sunwu fakhr ni waat che, ane aawa bayan ni hurmat masjid maaj thawi joiiyye.

Iblis naa ghana chehra che, ane aaj kal iblis modern and creative thinking naa roop maa logo ne behkawi rahyo che, iblis chaye che ke tame Hussain naa matam ni hurmat ne naa pehchano, and ehne ek khel samjhi ne ghar maa bagair adaab betho, ALLAH saccha momeenin ne iblis naa behkawa si bacchawe AMEEN.

Iblis fakht woh logo nej chethri sake che je iblis jewa che, Imam Hussain naa shiya to dhoop and aag maa bhi aqa Hussain naa bayan sunwaa masjid maa jaase Inshallah.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:17 am

Dear Taher Makka - You talk about comfort.... Then go ask the Bhai sahebs, Qasre Mawalis if they are willing to leave their comfort and travel by bus, non air conditioned cars, economy class in air.... Its a shame that the leader needs an air conditioned horse carriage pulled by 6 horses to travel... I can go on & on on this... The leader has to lead by example. You can't blame the common people if they want comfort. If the Kothar are willing to sacrifice their ultra luxurious and comfortable life, then come on the table to talk here...
Tahermakka wrote:its a shame that many members here dont want to take pain to go to mosque and hear shane Hussain, they want every thing to come to their house so they can seat in their pajama and hear waez at home, how could you forget hussain went to karbala in heat but today you are not ready to even spare some time to go to mosque and hear his sermon and do his matam.

Aqa Hussain naa bayan sunwu fakhr ni waat che, ane aawa bayan ni hurmat masjid maaj thawi joiiyye.

Iblis naa ghana chehra che, ane aaj kal iblis modern and creative thinking naa roop maa logo ne behkawi rahyo che, iblis chaye che ke tame Hussain naa matam ni hurmat ne naa pehchano, and ehne ek khel samjhi ne ghar maa bagair adaab betho, ALLAH saccha momeenin ne iblis naa behkawa si bacchawe AMEEN.

Iblis fakht woh logo nej chethri sake che je iblis jewa che, Imam Hussain naa shiya to dhoop and aag maa bhi aqa Hussain naa bayan sunwaa masjid maa jaase Inshallah.
Last edited by dawedaar on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tahermakka

Unread post by Tahermakka » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 am

dawedaar wrote:Dear Taher Makka - Its a shame that the leader needs an air conditioned horse carriage pulled by 6 horses to travel... I can go on & on on this... The leader has to lead by example. You can't blame the common people if they want comfort. If the Kothar are willing to sacrifice their ultra luxurious and comfortable life, then come on the table to talk here...
Tahermakka wrote:its a shame that many members here dont want to take pain to go to mosque and hear shane Hussain, they want every thing to come to their house so they can seat in their pajama and hear waez at home, how could you forget hussain went to karbala in heat but today you are not ready to even spare some time to go to mosque and hear his sermon and do his matam.

why are you dragging MS into this? I have nothing to do with him, my concern is matame Hussain and its hurmat, I go to masjid for Imam Hussain and not for any thing else, and in 365 days if I cant spare 10 days for my Aqa Hussain its really a shame for me.

I dont care if MS is moving in air condition car or trains, I want to listen Imam hussain bayan and do matam on him and for this I will surely leave comfort of my house and move to Masjid.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:24 am

Thats what I meant to say.. If the leaders can't give up comfort, how can you expect the followers to follow.. The leader has to show the path.. Bohras are sheep.. They do what the shepherds tell them to do.... For eg... some time back, there was a farman from Kothar to wear helmets while riding bikes... The bohras were all happy that their Maula thinks of their well being whereas, the government had made that law long time back....

Tahermakka wrote:
dawedaar wrote:Dear Taher Makka - Its a shame that the leader needs an air conditioned horse carriage pulled by 6 horses to travel... I can go on & on on this... The leader has to lead by example. You can't blame the common people if they want comfort. If the Kothar are willing to sacrifice their ultra luxurious and comfortable life, then come on the table to talk here...
why are you dragging MS into this? I have nothing to do with him, my concern is matame Hussain and its hurmat, I go to masjid for Imam Hussain and not for any thing else.

and in 365 days if I cant spare 10 days for my Aqa Hussain its really a shame for me.

Tahermakka

Unread post by Tahermakka » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 am

we are first follower of Imam Hussain then follower of dai or any one else, we should look at Imam Hussain and how he struggled in these days.

so if we have to struggle a bit to hear his sermon and do matam on him, we should not go back.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 am

Hey TaherMakka why would you assume that we would be listening to gham e Hussain without the proper Adab? Of course our first preference is to go to the gathering in Bakersfield but since MS has made it so difficult for is to openly declare our affiliation with SKQ, we are now observing gham e Hussain in the privacy of our homes. At least we are not doing it while pushing and shoving on train stations while chasing after MS! That is the real behurmati!

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 am

tahermakka and unhappyBohra

please take the trouble of letting us know who has taught you and explained the significant of Imam Hussain bayan and matam. I suppose we all have been taught this by our dai's as there is no hadith saying that we all should go to the mosque and do ghame Hussain there and do matam there only. there was no dress code also fixed for this ritual. We have been taught to do ghamme hussain anywhere and everywhere by our dai's. than how come we are not accepting that dai and his practices today but still have taken the lesson of ghamme hussain very seriously.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 am

Tahermakka bhai, if you can able to follow what you are listening than their is no difference whether you are listening in masjid or home. However on the other hand it is also important that the one who deliver waaz does also follows what he preach.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 am

Husain AS is the imam for 1.2 billion Muslims Sunni and Shia and 6 billion humanity

If you ever went to a Sunni Khutba you will understand they recite his name as shababe jannah.

So one can have the love and respect for Husain AS in any place or time .

Another point your Diai may have taught you , but don't you think what you are saying is you were ignorant Muslims and needed such spoon feeding in terms of how to recite his sermons or rituals , but the rest have known this for many years.

Don't be shallow to refer to wearing STD and mingling as a mono culture dictated from Surat as sign of your pious ness and feeling of superiority

Regarding how can you trust these Diais who do not practise many of the principles of Husain As and you have no worry that they may be polluting and poisoning the philosophy of the Shahadat for their own self glorification and survival.

You claim that you want to sacrifice time to seat in the sermon as your token contribution to his purpose, wow Husain AS purpose and spiritual drive is larger than a bit or irrational wailing , matam and fairy tales topped with delicious meals.

truth seeker100

Unread post by truth seeker100 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Tahermakka wrote:we are first follower of Imam Hussain then follower of dai or any one else, we should look at Imam Hussain and how he struggled in these days.

so if we have to struggle a bit to hear his sermon and do matam on him, we should not go back.
what about allah? completely forgot about him didnt u?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Tahermakka wrote:I want to listen Imam hussain bayan and do matam on him .
if you want to listen to a real bayan of the events of kerbala and the shohoda, then keep an open mind, go to a shia imambara. it will be an eye opener how much they are able to convey about islam and kerbala in 1 hour than the unending, boring, repetitive and shirk-filled bayans of mufatlal and his daras trained slave amils.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Also, if we all try to follow Islam purely and inculcate Islamic practices properly, it is equivalent to doing gham for Imam Hussain (AS) (which is indeed very difficult).. Going to masjid and doing matam for 1 hour and indulging in all bad things for the rest of 23 hours is useless.. After all, for what did he give sacrifice for....

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:57 pm

dawedaar wrote:Also, if we all try to follow Islam purely and inculcate Islamic practices properly, it is equivalent to doing gham for Imam Hussain (AS) (which is indeed very difficult).. Going to masjid and doing matam for 1 hour and indulging in all bad things for the rest of 23 hours is useless.. After all, for what did he give sacrifice for....
an excellent post brother! bravo...

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Also, if we all try to follow Islam purely and inculcate Islamic practices properly, it is equivalent to doing gham for Imam Hussain (AS) (which is indeed very difficult).. Going to masjid and doing matam for 1 hour and indulging in all bad things for the rest of 23 hours is useless.. After all, for what did he give sacrifice for....
Careful there. Someone might call you a wahhabi!!

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:38 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
Tahermakka wrote:I want to listen Imam hussain bayan and do matam on him .
if you want to listen to a real bayan of the events of kerbala and the shohoda, then keep an open mind, go to a shia imambara. it will be an eye opener how much they are able to convey about islam and kerbala in 1 hour than the unending, boring, repetitive and shirk-filled bayans of mufatlal and his daras trained slave amils.
Hearing Shiah waaz is ALSO BANNED.

but i dont care abt this and listen to their waaz which are telecast live frm moghul masjid, mumbai.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:32 am

i also had heared TBS waez some years back in kerbala.
it was very gud and excellent.
no dramabazi and gud learning experience.