Is Being Judgemental based on Quran Hadith Allowed?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
khokawala

Is Being Judgemental based on Quran Hadith Allowed?

Unread post by khokawala » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:11 am

A Muslim judging between right and wrong is not the same as Allah’s judgement and both should be kept separate from each other. Allah knows what people think and what their intentions are. We don’t. This is why we follow the rule set out by Prophet Muhammad (SAW):

Narrated By Um Salama : Allah’s Apostle said, “I am only a human being, and you people (opponents) come to me with your cases; and it may be that one of you can present his case eloquently in a more convincing way than the other, and I give my verdict according to what I hear. So if ever I judge (by error) and give the right of a brother to his other (brother) then he (the latter) should not take it, for I am giving him only a piece of Fire.” (Sahih Bukhari – Book 089, Hadith Number 281)

Also Sahaba (RA) also stood against the false beliefs and practices prevalent in their society, which were carried out by their relatives, friends and fellowmen who also claimed to be on Deen-e-Ibrahimi. Due to this modern age of being "politically correct" and a myriad of non judgmental philosophies like Zen, buddhism etc people have absorbed it and are not ready to criticize and condemn the Islamic injustice and wrong that is happening around them which includes the unchecked Shirk and Biddah propogated by deviant Mullahs using Islamic jargon to confuse people.

Infact Quran says those who DONT JUDGE based on Quran are Kafirs

(5:44)... And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.

to give an example , if a person worships a saint in front of you and you dont consider that person to be a Mushrik then you are not judging by what was revealed and relying on your nafs.

bohrikaka

Re: Is Being Judgemental based on Quran Hadith Allowed?

Unread post by bohrikaka » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 am

What will you call Omar than if you judge his actions based on Quran ?

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:20 am

I will call him what Quran 9:100 calls : Allah is Razi with them . Also dont try to cherry pick isolated incidents and the usual Isna ashari propoganda you find over the internet , The same albiet worse propoganda you will find against the prophet pbuh himself. All these Islamophobes whether they ridicule the sahaba or the prophet have the same thing in common "They cherry pick hadiths , pick out of context, enforce their personal interpretations on them, completely ignore other hadith while accepting those hadith which they think supports their agenda. All this just due to pure bigotry and hatred against Islamic personalities. rather I recommend you here again that see the whole picture and ALL hadith recommending the virtuous status of Umar RA.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 am

If judgment is to be based on Quran and who does not is Kaafir ,than how can Allah be razi when we very well know innovation of Omar and even Osman ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:27 am

When you say "we very well know innovation of Omar and even Osman ", who is we? If you consider the entire muslim Ummah to be the jury against Omar and Osman, then the "we" you refer to is a very small minority. The majority will judge them as great characters.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 am

Majorit think Jesus is son of god. Majority in India are kafirs. Majority in almost all prophet's period denied them. So your argument is idiotic to say the least. Secondly read the forum name 20 times.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am

Read my post again and this time read it slowly. Read this part carefully
If you consider the entire muslim Ummah to be the jury
Do you see now? I said "entire muslim Ummah". Let me repeat - "entire muslim Ummah".

If you are still unable to understand, let me know.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 pm

I read it somewhere: Heaven and Hell are none of anyone’s business but God’s. So each of us should mind our own business and work on rectifying our states.

If you go by majority rule then lets include the entire humanity. Majority of humanity does not belong to Islam, Does that mean they are correct and we are wrong?

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Infact Quran says those who DONT JUDGE based on Quran are Kafirs

(5:44)... And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers.
Please you should provide the whole verse instead of a snippet, so it can be understood in its context.

Yusuf Ali's translation :
It was We who revealed the law (to Moses); therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews by the Prophet who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will by the Rabbis and the doctors of Law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men but fear Me and sell not My Signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed they are (no better than) unbelievers.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:40 pm

If you go by majority rule then lets include the entire humanity. Majority of humanity does not belong to Islam, Does that mean they are correct and we are wrong?
Do you understand the context of the discussion?

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:46 pm

anajmi wrote:
Do you understand the context of the discussion?
The first sentence of my post (if you had quoted it) clearly answers your question

Let me explain my quoted comment further: You cannot judge something as correct or true because majority agrees upon it. Especially matters of faith.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Please go back and understand the context of the discussion. Do you know the meaning of "jury"? Do you know how a jury works? Let us not waste each other's time.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

You can choose to ignore my comments. Its your choice. :)

Sure I do have a different perspective from yours. The Quran Verse quoted by the original poster (if read in full) indicates that Allah is asking a specific (learned and authorized) group to perform that judgement. Not anyone from street can come and start judging a person's faith or religious actions. This new trend of laymen judging each other is the leading reason why the Muslim Ummah is being ridiculed around the globe.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Actually, since these days most things happen on the streets. Funeral processions, ashara processions etc etc. It is easy to judge what is messed up. Even those who have studied a little bit of the quran lauugh at the circus of the bohra dai.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:14 pm

And those majority who believe them to be great personalities because they share same trait of blind abdes hence no different. Majority have not even opened first page of bukhari or Muslim or histories of sunni authors.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:44 am

And your base argument about majority view being correct or should be upheld is completely flawed. There were only 72 standing with Imam Husain AS. Will you say Imam Husain AS being a minority was wrong and Yazeed LA on haq and worthy of praise and deemed a great personality ? Oh by the way Yazeed LA has a very special place in your heart :)

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:14 am

anajmi wrote:Actually, since these days most things happen on the streets. Funeral processions, ashara processions etc etc. It is easy to judge what is messed up. Even those who have studied a little bit of the quran lauugh at the circus of the bohra dai.
Although I do not subscribe to what happens on the street, at least these people are not tying up bombs and blowing themselves up and killing thousands of innocents or doing indiscriminate killings in name of Islam or raping women in name of Jihad, or playing soccer with severed heads of innocent people . Look what your salafi ideology has done first.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:21 am

Even those who have studied a little bit of the quran lauugh at the circus of the bohra dai. And how much Quran you studied and understood that you developed such affinity and love for Yazeed LA ? What makes you think you know Quran and Sunnah ? So stop behaving like one all knowing about Quran.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 am

And what your salafi terrorist are doing around the globe in name of Islam is making people laugh and ridicule Islam even without having to study Quran.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:19 am

and you khokhawala .. go and read how your certain sahabas acted on their whims and fancies rather than Quran and Sunnah, indulging in biddah, causing bloodshed, breaking oaths, creating fitna .

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 am

ont try to cherry pick isolated incidents and the usual Isna ashari propoganda you find over the internet , The same albiet worse propoganda you will find against the prophet pbuh himself. All these Islamophobes whether they ridicule the sahaba or the prophet have the same thing in common "They cherry pick hadiths , pick out of context, enforce their personal interpretations on them, completely ignore other hadith while accepting those hadith which they think supports their agenda. All this just due to pure bigotry and hatred against Islamic personalities. rather I recommend you here again that see the whole picture and ALL hadith recommending the virtuous status of Umar RA.

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 am

and regarding people laughing then this is due to media , who potrays \exaggerates exactly like you for vested political agenda. The believers can discern the haq from falsehood.

salafi terrorists are instilling fear and humiliation in the hearts of disbelievers(even if they have hypocritical muslim names).

"Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp ... 8&verse=12

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:03 am

khokawala wrote:ont try to cherry pick isolated incidents and the usual Isna ashari propoganda you find over the internet , The same albiet worse propoganda you will find against the prophet pbuh himself. All these Islamophobes whether they ridicule the sahaba or the prophet have the same thing in common "They cherry pick hadiths , pick out of context, enforce their personal interpretations on them, completely ignore other hadith while accepting those hadith which they think supports their agenda. All this just due to pure bigotry and hatred against Islamic personalities. rather I recommend you here again that see the whole picture and ALL hadith recommending the virtuous status of Umar RA.
Shaitan too had all the virtues until he used Qiyas and became damned. Those isolated incidents provide a factual report how certain sahabas used Qiyas instead of sticking to Quran and Sunnah. Their actions also make evident their hatred for Ahlul Bait (AS) ( Ali AS, Fatema AS,Hasan AS and Husain AS).

And stop acting like one all wise.

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:04 am

khokawala wrote:and regarding people laughing then this is due to media , who potrays \exaggerates exactly like you for vested political agenda. The believers can discern the haq from falsehood.

salafi terrorists are instilling fear and humiliation in the hearts of disbelievers(even if they have hypocritical muslim names).

"Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp ... 8&verse=12
The salafis are lovers of Bani Ummaya and Nasibis. Go read your own books.

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

O yeah and I accept what a bohrikaka says over what I have personal experience with salafis??

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 pm

@Bohrikaka: You raise valid points but some people on this forum are not 'reasonable enough' to be reasoned with. How can a true believer (the one with IMAAN not just reciter of kalma through throat) condone any act of terror.

@Khokawala: Please go and study seerat of Holy Prophet(pbuh) and find out how he was able to spread Islam. Look here what Quran says to the Prophet (pbuh).
Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

khokawala wrote:O yeah and I accept what a bohrikaka says over what I have personal experience with salafis??
Bro khokawala,

Your personal experience could very well be different from others, its like a Bohra guy going to SMS and SKQ for learning Bohraism, now the guy going to SMS will have a different experience then what he has with SKQ. Hence, every Mulla has his own ways and it is left to the seeker to differentiate between truth and falsehood. However the general impression with regard to Salafis is not good which one has to accept.

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 pm

agreed , this is why dont judge "wahhabism" from the acts of individual people as in salafism itself there are atleast 20 strains(difference based on political issues). So the worst form to judge is based on the media reports from sources like presstv and other anti sunni propoganda machines.

general impression about Islam itself may not be good, but that does change the truth? propoganda is spread deliberately to malign and defame.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:13 am

So the worst form to judge is based on the media reports from sources like presstv and other anti sunni propoganda machines.
What about Al-Jazeera, Aaj_Tak, Geo-TV etc? Lets forget ISIS, AQ, Talibs etc just look at the kingdom of SA their acts. If not that just look at how people of salafi persuasion on this forum, you notice that they have nothing do with following seerat of the Holy Prophet (pbuh). There is no tolerance for another interpretation than their own.

khokawala

Unread post by khokawala » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:20 am

ofcourse all of them are fasiq media and according to Quran they ALL are unreliable. And I dont recognize saudi monarchy too

this forum , I see anajmi to be infact very patient in dealing and effectively convincing many bohras to pure Islam, he is around for 12 years and people only label him the usual "wahhabi", there are abde bohras , ismailis etc who have uttered far worse slanders and abuses.