Editing posts

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
Biradar

Editing posts

Unread post by Biradar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I am not sure what the Admins are upto, but there seems to be some wholesale [DELETING] of words and sentences. Why? Is this forum becoming another tightly controlled venue where some Benevolent Dictator and Censor will teach us poor children what words to use? Or, are we so afraid of the feelings of the poor participants that we need Daddy or Big Brother to come to our protection? Please, Admin, stop [DELETED]-ing everything you don't like.

anajmi

Re: [DELETED]

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:58 pm

I think admin has implemented some automatic deletion process and like all auto-things, it is now deleting even that which is harmless.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:21 pm

It seems like a combination. Admin, poor chap, could not take my criticism and also deleted my follow-on comment! Come on, Admin, don't make this into another heavily moderated forum. Stop [DELETED]-ing stuff! Pretty soon everything with be [DELETED] and no one will be left to read the [DELETED] stuff anymore.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:07 pm

i think the intention is simply to rid the forum of swear words and gaali-galoch as some members with delicate sensibilities have put it. but there is a limit to implementing it. carried to the extreme, sentences become unreadable and the entire meaning of the paragraph or the following sentences gets lost.

Admin

Re: Editing posts

Unread post by Admin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:50 am

Point taken, thank you for you feedback. The idea is to get rid of abuse and foul language - not to censor freedom of expression. This Forum will be nothing if it did not allow that freedom. In recent months abuse and profanities did go out of hand and people had started complaining about it, so we started taking action. Rest assured this forum values and prides itself in its freedom and independence and will not jeopardize it any way. But we need your help in keeping it clean and welcoming.
Thank you.

Biradar

Modifying user posts by Admin

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I find it very amusing that the Admin(s) put [DELETED] everywhere in even mildly critical posts, but keep extreme, anti-Bohra, anti-Shia rhetoric intact. I mean, it seems a big crime to call DMMS and his brothers Ibilisi Toli, but it is perfectly fine to abuse the da'i, question the existence of the Imam, call shias all sorts of names, call for their destruction, etc. Goes to show that the Admin is penny wise, pound foolish.

Now, Admins can run this forum in any way they wish. Your house, your rules. However, I should say, that most people are highly turned off by the extremist shia and Ismaili bashing on this website, which goes completely unpunished, while Admin is busy putting [DELETED] everywhere, left right and center.

Admin

Re: Modifying user posts by Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks for your post Biradar. We're curbing Shai/Islamili bashing as well. If you have noticed, we have retired many topics and posts in recent weeks which are needlessly provocative and anti-shia, and have also put such posters on moderation or suspended their accounts. The effort is ongoing. Allowing free debate and free expression of ideas and not offending people sentiments is a tough balancing act, sometimes we succeed sometimes we don't. But one thing we should all agree on is that provocative ideas are better than profane language. There should be no place for abuse and foul language and we are trying to curb that as much as we can. Members like you who are interested in serious debate should help us do that.
Thanks again for your comments.

topiwala

Editing/Deleting Posts by Admin

Unread post by topiwala » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 am

why is admin deleting things which he does not like?

JavedhJuma

Re: Modifying user posts by Admin

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks for your post Biradar. We're curbing Shai/Islamili bashing as well. If you have noticed, we have retired many topics and posts in recent weeks which are needlessly provocative and anti-shia, and have also put such posters on moderation or suspended their accounts. That is good. I have noticed that the most Ismaili bashers are still in existence and have moved on to bash the bohoras. Whatever happened to the idea that you promoted in one of the threads that if people do not have evidence to prove their allegations, their posts would be deleted. I do not give two cents for the liars and provocaters. However, material posted by them was not substantiated,(I do not think Kafir-Idi's posts, which are altered, modified to suit his agenda, are considered substantiated!And no forum would allow Maherally and Mir Bhose material, which was withdrawn because it was not proved to true and both admitted lying. Still you allowed these as recently as in the past month.The effort is ongoing. Allowing free debate and free expression of ideas and not offending people sentiments is a tough balancing act, sometimes we succeed sometimes we don't. True. It would help if you announce who has been put on moderation and whose accounts have been suspended because I do not see change. These slanderers are very active on most threads doing the same thing. They sound like the jahils of the Prophet's time. But one thing we should all agree on is that provocative ideas are better than profane language.Provocative ideas, which are libels and slanders are no way better than profane language. First according to Islam is Gunha Kabira and the second one is Gunha sarir. You decide which is better for yourself. There should be no place for abuse and foul languageThere should be no place for libel and slander which is the worst of the two. and we are trying to curb that as much as we can. Members like you who are interested in serious debate should help us do that.

We can't because you allow, in the name of freedom of expression, stuff which is not varified, is brought to your forum and is allowed only in your forum, and then gets derailed and turns into gali galoch. (No decent forum allows what you allow and no decent forum allows memberships of those who act against the decency of human dignity. Some of the members on this forum have been repeatedly kicked out in other forums because of their foul language, unsubstantiated claims and posting material from their gutters. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to stoop to their level to respond, which I agree is not right, but it can't be helped if the slanderer does not know what decency is.At which point you have to stoop to their level and look at them into their eyes.[/quote][/b]Not if you let the slanders prevail.In the end the thread gets derailed.
Thanks again for your comments.

In any event, I appreciate that it is not is easy to moderate such a forum as this. I don't know how you decide which post to post. It is a difficult task.

I must add that although I am not a bohora, I do not appreciate the foul language that is used against the two contesting firqas or the late Da'i. Once you put the two parties on notice when they use abuse, they will probably try to convey their points in better language. It is hard to change your personal beliefs and people should understand that and respect that.

I have bohora friends, and although they do not support either party, they continue to practice their faith in which they grew up. Some have moved to other firqas and have returned because of their belief in their Imam and the Dai. And some have adopted other faiths. I wish you all good luck.

Please bring back the "like" button. Please forgive me if you think I have hurt your feelings. I agree you are my host and I should respect that, but I would be a hypocrite if I did not share my feelings with you.