Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Akhtiar Wahid

Re: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Co

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 am

This thaali scheme is nothing but a con scheme.....i find nothing barkati, rouhani etc. Just a question which surprises me that during the life (when in good health) of SMB (RA) why did they not implement this scheme into place. Just immediately after SMB (RA) had a mind stroke and was paralyzed suddenly this scheme popped out from nowhere.
It was started with a good intention and was good till SMB saheb (RA) was alive and when he passed away this scheme became a burden and compulsion, just like being prepared for wajebat, sila fitra, haqqun nafs, najwa now its FMB.
Food safety and hygiene is number one priority in most of the developed countries and developing countries. Providing this kind of catering food which we receive almost 300 days a year is not guaranteed to be healthy all the time as compared to making food at home being extra vigilant and health conscious.
In Dubai we get thaali food which consist of massive corn flour and low grade vegetable oil. I have seen a lot of hair at one instances 10 traces of human hair could be of mustache, beard or head. when i showed it to my die hard orthodox muffadal worshiping family they said " AA TOH BAKRA NA BAAL CHE" like whom are they kidding.

Dumbledore

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by Dumbledore » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 am

Sahi kaha na bhai ""aa toh bakra na baal che"....hum sab abde bakre hi toh hai jinhe slaughter hone ka valvala rehta hai

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:37 pm

ROFL...bakra NA barkati bal che..dabba ma ke pachi jungli dadhi na

Kharas_Mithas

Re: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Co

Unread post by Kharas_Mithas » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:This thaali scheme is nothing but a con scheme.....i find nothing barkati, rouhani etc. Just a question which surprises me that during the life (when in good health) of SMB (RA) why did they not implement this scheme into place. Just immediately after SMB (RA) had a mind stroke and was paralyzed suddenly this scheme popped out from nowhere.
It was started with a good intention and was good till SMB saheb (RA) was alive and when he passed away this scheme became a burden and compulsion, just like being prepared for wajebat, sila fitra, haqqun nafs, najwa now its FMB.
Food safety and hygiene is number one priority in most of the developed countries and developing countries. Providing this kind of catering food which we receive almost 300 days a year is not guaranteed to be healthy all the time as compared to making food at home being extra vigilant and health conscious.
In Dubai we get thaali food which consist of massive corn flour and low grade vegetable oil. I have seen a lot of hair at one instances 10 traces of human hair could be of mustache, beard or head. when i showed it to my die hard orthodox muffadal worshiping family they said " AA TOH BAKRA NA BAAL CHE" like whom are they kidding.
Sometimes they buy karachi darbar biryani in bulk and send in dabbas. May be you got hairs of a Pathan Cook, dont ask me which part of his body. :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:Just a question which surprises me that during the life (when in good health) of SMB (RA) why did they not implement this scheme into place. Just immediately after SMB (RA) had a mind stroke and was paralyzed suddenly this scheme popped out from nowhere.
I had mentioned this earlier too that this is one of the many marketing technique used by MS as directed by his marketing team headed by a Professor of Sydhenam College who is on Muffy's payroll. Bohra's weak point is food and hence these types of schemes comes in very handy as it is also laced with the message of Imam Jaffer us Sadiq a.s. who was known for taking loads of grains and foodstuffs to the doorsteps of the needy. What these gullibles do not question is that the Imam performed this noble act during night as he didn't want any publicity for himself unlike Muffy and also the same was given FREE and not CHARGED and forced down the throat like Muffy.

The importance of food among Bohras can be understood if we visualise a scenario wherein SUPPOSE (???) if Muffy issues a farman that the next Mohurrum vayez will be held in the desert of Rajasthan just to feel the pain of shohadas getting martyred in the deserted heat of Karbala and after the vayez only 1 nankhatai will be given to every Bohra to feel the hunger of shohadas and in this way we can atleast emulate these great personalities and realise the sufferings of shohadas............ The next scene will be Muffy sitting alone and the abdes vanishing like 'Ghade ke sir pe se singh' !!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:35 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: if Muffy issues a farman that the next Mohurrum vayez will be held in the desert of Rajasthan just to feel the pain of shohadas getting martyred in the deserted heat of Karbala and after the vayez only 1 nankhatai will be given to every Bohra to feel the hunger of shohadas and in this way we can atleast emulate these great personalities and realise the sufferings of shohadas............ The next scene will be Muffy sitting alone and the abdes vanishing like 'Ghade ke sir pe se singh' !!!
bohras can only do frantic, frenetic maatam in the comfort of their airconditioned masjids, then fall upon labrez jaman like a pack of hungry wolves who havent eaten since years!

can you imagine the cowardly bohras fighting in kerbala alongside hussain, hungry and thirsty since 3 days??! no way! at the first call of bismillah, they would rush to form circles for thaal, salivating, sleeves rolled up, anxiously waiting for the khaaras mithaas to arrive, the fighting be damned and yelling, arey thandu sharbat laav bhai... hamein mufatlal na abde chhe, e hamesha hamne imam hussain ni shahadat na naam par shandaar jaman jamare chhe.

on getting nothing, the whole sorry-assed bohra contingent would walk away to the nearest bohra jamaat to be fed. having abandoned the meagre forces of hussain and leaving them to be slaughtered, the traitor bohras would then, in a curious, inexplicable twist, perform purjosh maatam, not for hussain, but for the long life of their mola!!!!

james

Unread post by james » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:59 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: laced with the message of Imam Jaffer us Sadiq a.s. who was known for taking loads of grains and foodstuffs to the doorsteps of the needy. What these gullibles do not question is that the Imam performed this noble act during night !!!
You are either becoming senile or you are displaying your limited knowledge of Islamic History.Pick one.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Soon they will learn, there is delicious and healthy food to had from your own kitchen. Show Allah your gratitude for providing us with tasty and healthy food. Thank the farmer too.

The fresh of the tawa khand roti my mother gave us as treats was soul food.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:10 pm

james wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote: laced with the message of Imam Jaffer us Sadiq a.s. who was known for taking loads of grains and foodstuffs to the doorsteps of the needy. What these gullibles do not question is that the Imam performed this noble act during night !!!
You are either becoming senile or you are displaying your limited knowledge of Islamic History.Pick one.
Please enlighten us with your profound knowledge of Islamic history and negate my so called limited knowledge. BTW you deliberately did not mention my entire statement but chose and picked a quote, so here is the full quote and it would be interesting to see how you defend the other part too, that's after you succeed in defending the first part...
ghulam muhammed wrote: Bohra's weak point is food and hence these types of schemes comes in very handy as it is also laced with the message of Imam Jaffer us Sadiq a.s. who was known for taking loads of grains and foodstuffs to the doorsteps of the needy. What these gullibles do not question is that the Imam performed this noble act during night as he didn't want any publicity for himself unlike Muffy and also the same was given FREE and not CHARGED and forced down the throat like Muffy.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:10 pm

james wrote:...Pick one.
james, where were you all this time? deciding which side of your nose to pick? just pick one.

james

Unread post by james » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:22 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: Please enlighten us with your profound knowledge of Islamic history and negate my so called limited knowledge.

It was the amal of Imam Ali ibn Husain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib AS.

ghulam muhammed wrote: BTW you deliberately did not mention my entire statement but chose and picked a quote, so here is the full quote and it would be interesting to see how you defend the other part too, that's after you succeed in defending the first part...
You're entire statement was irrelevant to the Islamic history lesson I was teaching you.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 pm

james wrote:It was the amal of Imam Ali ibn Husain ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib AS.
OK. I agree with my faux pass but what about the larger message as conveyed by the great Imam Ali Zainul Abedin a.s. ?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:40 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
can you imagine the cowardly bohras fighting in kerbala alongside hussain, hungry and thirsty since 3 days??!
no, you're right. i cant imagine you doing that either.

lets face it, you're a coward too.

all you're good at is sitting in front of a monitor, typing away at the keyboard like a woodpecker on LSD, pouring all your scorn, hatred and poison on a site
under a pseudonym.

and oh yeah, ganging up with anajmi, taking on a woman, patting each other on the back and feeling all macho for yourselves.

How utterly sad that you need to prove your manhood that way.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:56 am

We are all for gender equality here on this forum. If we can gang up on you then we can gang up on a woman as well. :wink:

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:43 am

like i said, awesome way to prove your manhood.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:01 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:The importance of food among Bohras can be understood if we visualise a scenario wherein SUPPOSE (???) if Muffy issues a farman that the next Mohurrum vayez will be held in the desert of Rajasthan just to feel the pain of shohadas getting martyred in the deserted heat of Karbala and after the vayez only 1 nankhatai will be given to every Bohra to feel the hunger of shohadas and in this way we can atleast emulate these great personalities and realise the sufferings of shohadas............ The next scene will be Muffy sitting alone and the abdes vanishing like 'Ghade ke sir pe se singh' !!!
Well Said !! ha ha ha !! Forget Abdes ! SMS will become ghaib from action, he is too pampered to tolerate a grain of effort leave alone hardships of this proportion.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 am

let us say, hypothetically, this happened, and lakhs of people turned up even then.

what would you do then, hypothetically speaking? What excuse would you then find to mock the community?

i request an honest, from the heart answer

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 am

zinger wrote:let us say, hypothetically, this happened, and lakhs of people turned up even then. what would you do then, hypothetically speaking?
I would be hypothetically happy and chant maula maula mufaddal maula with a rova jevu moo hypothetically !

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:27 am

humanbeing wrote:
zinger wrote:let us say, hypothetically, this happened, and lakhs of people turned up even then. what would you do then, hypothetically speaking?
I would be hypothetically happy and chant maula maula mufaddal maula with a rova jevu moo hypothetically !

good boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 am

AS RECEIVED....

We are blessed to have the barakaat of Burhani Faiz reaching our home. Alhamdulillah, the jaman served is very good but sometimes different from the way i would like it. I don't think there is any harm in liking something differently as we are all different and we all are likely to have different tastes. It is challenging to balance between the preferred taste at home and what is served in thaali + the staple jaman served is rice but we are roti lovers! I want my family to GLADLY & HAPPILY BENEFIT from Moula's faiz. So, how should these mini differences be overcome? There comes handy - the loving touch and juggling tactics of a 'home-maker'. When the jaman is served, my family does not have to know what changes i may have made - they should just happily gain the benefit of the barakaat laid before them. Realizing, i am not alone trying to manage this task, i thought of sharing some tips that i have learnt to incorporate... nothing difficult, just tiny adjustments...

★adjust the tarkaris as per your liking... make instant, minor variations...
-thicken or thin the gravy as preferred
-season it as liked in your home
-do vaghaar/tarka as per your taste
-add badaam/cashew powder occasionally to thicken and jazz up simple curries
-serve the tarkaris well garnished with fresh green herbs
-garnish certain curries like halwaan with grated eggs
-add chana atta bhajiyas to kadhi
-sometimes add cubed paneer to certain vegetable or daal tarkari to change the version
-thickened left over vegetable or daal tarkari is perfect for paratha stuffing OR to make pav-bhaji
-serve the thaali jaman with suitable accompaniments & different types of salads to pep up the menu
-serve another simple home-made dish along with the thaali jaman eg a baked or grilled side dish or side pasta dish or another tarkari & roti

★variate the rice...
-add tiny chopped mixed vegetables to create 'jewel' rice
-temper with curry leaves and chillies for aromatic spicy rice
-add a handful of mixed chopped herbs, spring onions, leelu lasan to serve a tasty herbed rice salad
-go chinese.. temper with ginger, garlic, green onions
-make it colorful by adding mixed capsicums ie red yellow green
-add cashew, draksh, elaichi to make kashmiri rice
-make saffron rice by adding some saffron water
-do vaghaar of khichree... soften it as you prefer.. make sola khichree of the simple version
-make dahi chaawal
-if you find the akhni dry... keep ready sauteed mix of onions, tomatoes, potatoes, peas, carrots and, add to the akhni
-make hashmo... mix crumbled roti, rice, daal tarkari.. then garnish with biristo and mint leaves.. just like haleem... you could smoke it too... serve with katchumber
-make chikoli... make slightly thick rotis using ratio of 1 atta : 1 chana atta.. add salt, dhanajeeru, haldi, dhania, little oil... cut into pieces and add to daal tarkari.. garnish with biristo + mint & dhania... i prefer to cook the chikoli rotis before adding to the daal to avoid lumpy rotis
-left over plain rice can be used to make kheer, kalamro, zardo... i usually avoid making rice on the weekends but if there is any left over from thaali rice then i make a mithaan of it... also, when i make a mithaan of it, i try to distribute to homes who are not regularly taking thaali so they too get the barakaat

The options are endless... Enjoy.. both, the benefit of thaali jaman & cooking!

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:01 am

Ben then why not cook itself in our kicthen and save thali amout.
as cooking and garnishing take almost same time

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:31 am

More tips:

1) Cook meat and add to the Kaari sarva that comes in the thaali. If kaaari sarva is made with unroasted kaaari masala, you have no option but to chuck it away and make your own. Then add your own cooked gosht to it. But don't tell your family.
2) Cook gosht the day gosht ni tarkari is on the menu. Because what you get in thaali will have two Botis for your family of four. If the sarva is halfway decent, fix it and add your gosht to it. Else throw it away and make your own tarkari. Don't tell your family.
3) if you are lucky to get a vegetable other than toorya, do two rakats shukur in namaz. Fix the vegetable ni tarkari, add your own vegetable to it and serve.
4) if you get tooorya again, put in container in fridge. Try to give it to maid. Throw it away after a week.
5) if daal, do your own tarka and serve. Check the rice for taste of pesticide. If no taste of pesticide, serve to your family. Otherwise cook your own and serve. But don't tell your family...
6) if Chinese pulav and Maggie cube soup on menu. Cook your own meal.
7) if tomato based chinese noodles, just chuck it away. No one will eat it. Don't bother transferring to fridge. Cook your own meal.

Sigh....so much less stressful to cook your own meals.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:47 am

^
May be the Burhani Women can now offer classes (of course with Fakhir Najwa to Imam U Zaman- SMS--and for Buasaheba) to teach Mumina Bheno how to fix and make tasty dishes out of Mawaid's Barkati Jaman/Thaali
Soon then Mawaid will send you all Raw Ingredients and Water with recipes attached (out course it will be Barkati since it is from Moula) so Amtes do not have to go for shopping either and you can create your own tasty dishes at home once you are trained at COOKING SABAAKS with Taawil by Burhani Women or Buasaheba Organiations. :mrgreen:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:43 pm

First they took away money belonging to the poor wretch souls. Then they choose the clothes to wear, friends to keep. They also stole your food that was better tasting and healthy. They keep jabbing at your hard earned money, I am perplexed, what gives.....

Be a man, do the right thing. Russel

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 am

seeker110 wrote:First they took away money belonging to the poor wretch souls. Then they choose the clothes to wear, friends to keep. They also stole your food that was better tasting and healthy. They keep jabbing at your hard earned money, I am perplexed, what gives.....

It is Roti, Kapda, and Makkan, bhai.

Choice in Kapda has been taken away - saya-kurta and Rida. The recommendation for Makkan is: stay in mohalla, or in groups, not amongst a muti-religious group. With the thali, the freedom of "Roti - what you eat" is also being curtailed :D

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 am

SBM wrote:^Soon then Mawaid will send you all Raw Ingredients and Water with recipes attached (out course it will be Barkati since it is from Moula) :
This is already happening in some towns, women are sent aatta and tel to make roties and send it to nearest jamaatkhana or come to jamaat khana and cook the roties if they wish to save on LPG. they can go home once targetted roties are made.

SMS got the whole community confused with his ranting, to cook or not to cook, to work or not to work, to make mohabbat ni rotiyo for family or society.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:12 am

These people ultimate goal is to control our breathe. They want each and every breathe which we take should be taken by their raza mubarak.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:49 pm

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
seeker110 wrote:First they took away money belonging to the poor wretch souls. Then they choose the clothes to wear, friends to keep. They also stole your food that was better tasting and healthy. They keep jabbing at your hard earned money, I am perplexed, what gives.....

It is Roti, Kapda, and Makkan, bhai.

Choice in Kapda has been taken away - saya-kurta and Rida. The recommendation for Makkan is: stay in mohalla, or in groups, not amongst a muti-religious group. With the thali, the freedom of "Roti - what you eat" is also being curtailed :D
Roti, kapda, makkan (SBUT ) , biwi, nokri, dost, aram, travel, sub control heh....because of Admins censor I could have gone into intimate control ideas but ishara kafi heh

Those not remote controlled are labelled anti mola khushi, dushmano, munafikin,

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Br. DCP,

Your thinking is fine as to who is the better of the two. It also works for the guy who can afford to throw a bone every now and then. It does not sit well for the multitudes of our brothers who are finding hard time making ends meet or breaking even. Then there are other needy children and the old poor folks.

We should be able to select a Dai because that is what Imam wants. Why do you think he flew the coop. He wants us to use our brains. Mine tells me to be be careful in my actions. It can be feeding a monster and harmful for others.

One more thing that bother , remember, when Yassir Arafat use to walk around in the military fatigues, with his long wild beard. At the same time Netanyaho would come in sharp looking suits, looking well educated. what I mean to say is both dai's look like Yassir Arafat.

You br. DCP should reconsider. It matters , specially, for your children.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 am

seeker110 wrote:Br. DCP,

Your thinking is fine as to who is the better of the two. It also works for the guy who can afford to throw a bone every now and then. It does not sit well for the multitudes of our brothers who are finding hard time making ends meet or breaking even. Then there are other needy children and the old poor folks.

We should be able to select a Dai because that is what Imam wants. Why do you think he flew the coop. He wants us to use our brains. Mine tells me to be be careful in my actions. It can be feeding a monster and harmful for others.

One more thing that bother , remember, when Yassir Arafat use to walk around in the military fatigues, with his long wild beard. At the same time Netanyaho would come in sharp looking suits, looking well educated. what I mean to say is both dai's look like Yassir Arafat.

You br. DCP should reconsider. It matters , specially, for your children.
Seeker110,

I sincerely want to better understand what you are trying to convey. I read the above a couple of times and did not get this post fully. I wold appreciate it if you (or others who understood it better) can elaborate at your conveneince. Thanks.