Khuzema Qutbuddin (and related topics)

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zinger

Re: Khuzema Qutbuddin (and related topics)

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
zinger wrote:
Agree and second what DCP says
I was referring to abdes in general as I very well know that people like you do not care for this kind of social life but as regards the burial then although you may personally not endorse the general belief of burying in a Bohra qabrastan but at the same time you would be worried about the elders in your family for whom burial outside the bohra qabrastan is taboo.
yes we do, which is why i said i agree and second what DCP said, because he has already clarified "I can only speak for myself. 2 kharas, be mithas, nikah or burial in a bohra qabrastan does not bother me - I would think so. [And the reason I am saying I would think so is because it may be easier to say in the abstract vs. when ones has to actually face the music.]

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:04 am

what is Bohra Qabrastan (cemetery) , Bohra clergy and priest do not own the bohra qabrastans(cemetery) as you call it anywhere in the world.
Prophet Muhammed did not specify any specific "" BOHRA QABRASTAN(cemetery) "" for pure and elite people in Muslim Ummah.
In fact Prophet Mohammed prayed Funeral (mayyat) namaaz on his enemies funeral and prayed for him that may Allah (SWT) forgive for his sins and misdeeds.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:18 am

alam wrote:Haqniwaatbhai, Yeah I understand, court case may be nothing about money, and Dcp explained this somewhere very eloquently. I won't get into same thing here.

Money is a means to an end. For many many bohras entrapped in the infrastructure and economy of this sub-culture of Bohra mohallas, Kothar, Aamil, muallim, now SBUT, multiple jameeas, worldwide conventions (sorry, aka waaz, bayaans) occurring multiple times a year, money is a survival issue. Survival for food shelter is one. Closely tied to this survival is social and emotional survival. Man is a social animal - and if the sub-culture of Bohra life is all he/she/we has ever known, all he/she has ever inherited from their ancestors of such a rich and vibrant culture then it's hard to move through and toward another way of living, another way of co-creating another culture to live in. True, money brings in the benefits for us to live comfortably in this material world, but it also brings in benefits of widening our range of choices/power over and control over our lives. Not to mention the evils of excessive power, excessive self-righteous zeal, jealousy and greed, which can be far more effectively activated with more money.
What Christianity has provided over the centuries is an emphasis on love. This is true of Hinduism as well. That is why these two religions have prospered. You can walk into a church or a temple and receive solace and guidance from the clergy. This is even true of Muslim masjids especially in the USA. But it is not the case in Dawoodi Bohra masjids. Our aamils are unfit and not trained to provide comfort. And we're seeing the same issue in sharp contrast right now. Instead of paying attention to the masses and their emotional needs, the two sides are entrenched in this ridiculous court case which no lawyer can guarantee the outcome and the faithful are left out in the cold without any emotional support. Without emotional support, money is useless to the distressed.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:38 am

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:what is Bohra Qabrastan (cemetery) , Bohra clergy and priest do not own the bohra qabrastans(cemetery) as you call it anywhere in the world.
Prophet Muhammed did not specify any specific "" BOHRA QABRASTAN(cemetery) "" for pure and elite people in Muslim Ummah.
In fact Prophet Mohammed prayed Funeral (mayyat) namaaz on his enemies funeral and prayed for him that may Allah (SWT) forgive for his sins and misdeeds.
In the USA there is no such thing as a Bohra Qabrastan. Bohras are burried in the same space as sunnis, shias and in some cases Christians and Jews! In South Asia these are mechanisms to keep Bohras trapped in the fold.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:58 am

haqniwaat wrote:
alam wrote:Haqniwaatbhai, Yeah I understand, court case may be nothing about money, and Dcp explained this somewhere very eloquently. I won't get into same thing here.

Money is a means to an end. For many many bohras entrapped in the infrastructure and economy of this sub-culture of Bohra mohallas, Kothar, Aamil, muallim, now SBUT, multiple jameeas, worldwide conventions (sorry, aka waaz, bayaans) occurring multiple times a year, money is a survival issue. Survival for food shelter is one. Closely tied to this survival is social and emotional survival. Man is a social animal - and if the sub-culture of Bohra life is all he/she/we has ever known, all he/she has ever inherited from their ancestors of such a rich and vibrant culture then it's hard to move through and toward another way of living, another way of co-creating another culture to live in. True, money brings in the benefits for us to live comfortably in this material world, but it also brings in benefits of widening our range of choices/power over and control over our lives. Not to mention the evils of excessive power, excessive self-righteous zeal, jealousy and greed, which can be far more effectively activated with more money.
What Christianity has provided over the centuries is an emphasis on love. This is true of Hinduism as well. That is why these two religions have prospered. You can walk into a church or a temple and receive solace and guidance from the clergy. This is even true of Muslim masjids especially in the USA. But it is not the case in Dawoodi Bohra masjids. Our aamils are unfit and not trained to provide comfort. And we're seeing the same issue in sharp contrast right now. Instead of paying attention to the masses and their emotional needs, the two sides are entrenched in this ridiculous court case which no lawyer can guarantee the outcome and the faithful are left out in the cold without any emotional support. Without emotional support, money is useless to the distressed.
haqniwaat,

I thought you were an SKQ saheb "insider". You seem to suddenly be more critical of both the sides. What gives?

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 am

in gulf also there is no bohra qabrastan.
mostly they r buried in shia qabrastan.
no fee has to be paid for burying, it is free from govt and bohra clergy cant do anything like in india.
though for namaaz and other rituals by mullasaheb, they do demand money. but not much.
and yes ur dues have to be cleared, otherwise u can opt for other mulla to do the ritual.
place is also not fixed. it is in sequence and whoever comes , alloted in sequence.
digging is done by machine , by govt and that is also free.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote: haqniwaat,
I thought you were an SKQ saheb "insider". You seem to suddenly be more critical of both the sides. What gives?
Dal Bhai, I totally get your point. First, let me just say that I know mufaddal bs very well and there is no way on earth that he is dai. You've seen the proof in the video recently as well. And if it wasn't for SKQ, I would have lost faith in Islam itself a long time ago. With that cleared up, I think that the way things are being handled by SKQ's lawyers is flawed. The campaign should be about winning hearts and minds, not winning some case of which nobody knows the outcome.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:38 am

I think if he only came to SKQ because of compulsion rather than conviction then it is good that he has gone back. The same should (but does not in practice) apply to SMS side as well. If someone is with either of them through pure conviction then you cannot fault them. And that's what should matter in the end in my opinion.

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 am

Haqniwaat and others in close circle of skq sb,

We here wanted to know the inside story of uk cordinator of fatemidawat.com

As this is really shocking news if the leadrs are upto this level what else can be expected.

Bhai aur ben log,
Lagta hai dono patry mil kar apun k "MAMA" bana reley hai.

I am now losing interest...in log bahar se fir bhai bhai ho jayengey and we adna moomins will feel cheated again.

Last but not least... mujeh thodi ashaa abhi bhi hai kuch achaa hone ki...lets wait and watch... baaki jasi USKI marzi

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:21 pm

haqniwaat wrote:I think that the way things are being handled by SKQ's lawyers is flawed.
Could you elaborate a bit more please.

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Dumbledore wrote:Haqniwaat and others in close circle of skq sb,

We here wanted to know the inside story of uk cordinator of fatemidawat.com

As this is really shocking news if the leadrs are upto this level what else can be expected.

Bhai aur ben log,
Lagta hai dono patry mil kar apun k "MAMA" bana reley hai.

I am now losing interest...in log bahar se fir bhai bhai ho jayengey and we adna moomins will feel cheated again.

Last but not least... mujeh thodi ashaa abhi bhi hai kuch achaa hone ki...lets wait and watch... baaki jasi USKI marzi
Did you not see SKQ TUS put his hand on the Quran and say that nass was done on him? Unless Mufaddal Saifuddin comes forward and acknowledges that indeed Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin is his Moula and does sajda to him, I don't see SKQ TUS making nice with his nephew.

alam

Unread post by alam » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:04 am

haqniwaat wrote:The campaign should be about winning hearts and minds, not winning some case of which nobody knows the outcome.
And how does a campaign win hearts and minds when families are divided, children separated from parents and grandparents, Laanuts and social boycott and excommunication rampant all over, and even die hard SKQ supporters, along with SMS, progressives and others spewing venom on their opponents, as we have seen time and again on this forum?

My friend, campaign of winning hearts and minds is not in the hands of an organized group, rather it spreads with one person, or one relationship, or one friendship at a time through love and respect. It is simply hopeless to look for a Gandhi or Mother Theresa in SKQ or SMS or any progressive or reformist leader for that matter.

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 am

I never go to crappy websites created by jobless MSLovers. Never know what kind of cookies they might leave behind ;-)

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am

alam wrote:
haqniwaat wrote:The campaign should be about winning hearts and minds, not winning some case of which nobody knows the outcome.
And how does a campaign win hearts and minds when families are divided, children separated from parents and grandparents, Laanuts and social boycott and excommunication rampant all over, and even die hard SKQ supporters, along with SMS, progressives and others spewing venom on their opponents, as we have seen time and again on this forum?

My friend, campaign of winning hearts and minds is not in the hands of an organized group, rather it spreads with one person, or one relationship, or one friendship at a time through love and respect. It is simply hopeless to look for a Gandhi or Mother Theresa in SKQ or SMS or any progressive or reformist leader for that matter.
Well said, alam!

There is only one mind and heart you have to win: your own. That is it. Don't worry about others. At this time, it is obvious that DMMS is running a con game, trying to earn as much loot as he can, as quickly as he can. He is also in a competition with the Taliban to see how regressive he can be with his views on science, women and modern liberalism. Don't worry so much about S. Qutbuddin either, specially with court cases and internal family politics.

You, and only you are responsible for your salvation. A few people moving between groups makes no difference, and should not make any difference either. I suggest to remain calm, not get frustrated or angry with the situation. It does not help to rage, or feel dejected or depressed. We see the example of people who struggled (including the progressives): they did not just sit back, wring their hands and got depressed. They kept going, and hence we remember and know about them. The ones who gave up, history has forgotten. So don't worry, my friends! Things will work out. At the end of the day, it is not about who is da'i, but doing what your heart and conscious tells you is the right thing to do. Let no one take your choice away from you. At least you own the few cc of matter in your head! Pointless getting depressed about things one does not have control over.

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:57 am

I am surprised...not a single message of condolence was issued from SMS TUS and SKQ TUS for the attack and killing of kids in pakistan.

Bohra log apni masti me mast hai...duniya jaye bhaad me.... apun ke tiffin aa rahe hai...khao piyo ....gao ...bajao aur maze karo.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

Dumbledore wrote:I am surprised...not a single message of condolence was issued from SMS TUS and SKQ TUS for the attack and killing of kids in pakistan.

Bohra log apni masti me mast hai...duniya jaye bhaad me.... apun ke tiffin aa rahe hai...khao piyo ....gao ...bajao aur maze karo.
This is my personal advice feel sorry for lost one but Pakistan is feeding this Taliban so nothing new. In Mumbai I would say in India we kept 2 mins Mourn in lots of Mumbai school and we are shock do you think this Pakis has kept 2 mins when they kill (26/11) or attack Mumbai and kill 100 people.

I hate this pakis people I feel sorry for this small loved one.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 am

Bro Shabbir4u, I feel sorry for you .............. Biradar and Alam are talking about winning hearts and minds .............. if you hate Paki people, then so be it. You stay safe and be happy.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 am

JC wrote:Bro Shabbir4u, I feel sorry for you .............. Biradar and Alam are talking about winning hearts and minds .............. if you hate Paki people, then so be it. You stay safe and be happy.
Thanks JC I am safe and Happy I am in hand of Aqa Maula (Muffadal Maula) and I am proud to be Indian. JAI HIND JAI MAHARASHTRA. Down paki Down Taliban.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:28 pm

shabbir4u wrote:
JC wrote:Bro Shabbir4u, I feel sorry for you .............. Biradar and Alam are talking about winning hearts and minds .............. if you hate Paki people, then so be it. You stay safe and be happy.
Thanks JC I am safe and Happy I am in hand of Aqa Maula (Muffadal Maula) and I am proud to be Indian. JAI HIND JAI MAHARASHTRA. Down paki Down Taliban.
My gosh, you are full of hate! So you hate every single Pakistani person? Wow. You must be a very sad and angry fellow, having not learned anything from the egalitarian and trans-national teachings of the Quran. But, it is not surprising, given that you follow "Aqua Moolha" DMMS. What can one say, jaisa Raja, waisi prajaa.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm

I agree with Biradar.

Shabbir4U, we have no issues with Jai Hind or Jai Maharashtra ............ and if you want to follow MS, then so be it ........... just a note that 'Hate' will bring 'Hate' ....... and this exactly what our Indian friends have been trying to tell and teach us ...... that we should stop 'hating' India .............. trust me bro, we stopped hating you all long back.

Biradar, Quran is our Guidance and Prophet's Hadiths are our Teachings. So let's stick to those.

Mera Paygam Mohabbat Hay, Jehan Tak Ponchay .............

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:13 pm

JC wrote:Mera Paygam Mohabbat Hay, Jehan Tak Ponchay .............
Mohabbat ka paigham Laanat bhejne walo tak nahi pohachta !!

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm

You must be kidding. There is so much hate in the Bohra Community that it is sufficient to absorb all the hate in the world. If the bohra of MS were given guns and hatchets, they would behead all the bohra (men, women and Children) who follow the bohras of KS. What are you talking about. Are you following these postings. What do you think makes all these bohras have the BALLS to write on these posts and NOT HAVE THE BALLS to standup for what is right? The fear of HATE of being ostracized and excommunicated. The Bohras who have the time to write on these posts have no BALLS to stand up to the (whoever they may be, the Dai, the Kothar, the Bhaisahebs, the Shazadehs) and tell them to go (deleted by Moderator) themselves because they are not the servants or the slaves of the British Raj, They want something that makes the Bohra community prosper where their children (AND NOT THE DAMMED Shazardaz) to have a chance to get an education, a health care plan and a place to better themselves and I MEAN HERE AND NOT IN SOME GOD FORSAKEN PLACE called the heavens above. BEFORE WE CAN GO TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE, WE MUST HAVE A PLACE GOOD HERE TO MAKE US WORTHY TO GO TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE. Remember the prayer of our prophet when he was stoned by the pagans. He Prayed to Allah, to discipline him and to make him what ALLAH wants him to be so that he can be what is the best that he can be, here on EARTH. We Bohras have to come to terms with ourselves and pray to Allah to make us what Allah wants us to be and NOT some whimpy bohra who can only write his grievance on this post but does not have the BALLS to stand up to the RICH AND POWERFUL Shezadahs for what is best for the Bohra Community.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:52 pm

haqniwaat wrote:
dal-chaval-palidu wrote: haqniwaat,
Dal Bhai, I totally get your point. First, let me just say that I know mufaddal bs very well and there is no way on earth that he is dai. You've seen the proof in the video recently as well. And if it wasn't for SKQ, I would have lost faith in Islam itself a long time ago. With that cleared up, I think that the way things are being handled by SKQ's lawyers is flawed. The campaign should be about winning hearts and minds, not winning some case of which nobody knows the outcome.
Haqniwaat bhai, you say you know SMS very well.
Are you someone very close to him?
Do you have inside information?

It saddens me greatly when I hear people losing faith in islam.
Sadly your belief must be very weak if it can be broken so easily bhai.
Why allow SMS (or anyone for that matter, like terrorists etc) to make you give up on allah?

Please remember that disputes like this, go right back to the beginning with imam ali.
Personally I think bad 'leaders' are part of our test in this life.
Use them to strengthen your faith, not diminish it bhai.

From what I can see SKQ is doing both, fighting a legal battle and winning hearts.
I think this an excellent plan as each pursuit supports the other.
If nothing else, the court case has given SKQ a lot of much needed publicity.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:06 pm

alam wrote:

We suffered a great deal of division in udaipur.
But with the passage of time, most of that has disappeared.
Im sure the same will happen again here.

Indeed, I think the division will be far less drastic this time.
Most people, especially in the western countries live very independent lives.
They may speak harshly in public, but in private they will still keep in contact with each other.

It must be stated that both sides are spewing venom.
Therefore it would be better for both camps to control their language and be more civil.
Outsiders reading this forum would immediately think each side is as bad as the other.

I would disagree and say that winning hearts does require a great deal of organization.
Im sure the SKQ jamaat will increase their efforts as they move ever forward.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:19 pm

CT,

Anything you post over here is completely irrelevant and insignificant. Whatever you said in your post is actually pretty useless as it is neither relevant in any way nor significant in the least bit.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Biradar wrote:
shabbir4u wrote: Thanks JC I am safe and Happy I am in hand of Aqa Maula (Muffadal Maula) and I am proud to be Indian. JAI HIND JAI MAHARASHTRA. Down paki Down Taliban.
My gosh, you are full of hate! So you hate every single Pakistani person? Wow. You must be a very sad and angry fellow, having not learned anything from the egalitarian and trans-national teachings of the Quran. But, it is not surprising, given that you follow "Aqua Moolha" DMMS. What can one say, jaisa Raja, waisi prajaa.
My gosh, you are full of hate! So you hate every single Pakistani person?
What an ignorant thing to say.
Shabbir4u bhai said very clearly (twice in fact) that he felt sorry for these pakistani children.

His issue is with the pakistani nation and its diabolical state.
In this regard he is absolutely correct.
Pakistan is a danger to its own people and to the world at large.
This has been proven many times.

Its no different to so many people saying they hate america.
That does not mean they hate every single american person.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Another completely irrelevant and insignificant post. Why do you keep posting that which is irrelevant and insignificant?

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 pm

yfm wrote:You must be kidding. There is so much hate in the Bohra Community that it is sufficient to absorb all the hate in the world. If the bohra of MS were given guns and hatchets, they would behead all the bohra (men, women and Children) who follow the bohras of KS. What are you talking about. Are you following these postings. What do you think makes all these bohras have the BALLS to write on these posts and NOT HAVE THE BALLS to standup for what is right? The fear of HATE of being ostracized and excommunicated. The Bohras who have the time to write on these posts have no BALLS to stand up to the (whoever they may be, the Dai, the Kothar, the Bhaisahebs, the Shazadehs) and tell them to go (deleted by Moderator) themselves because they are not the servants or the slaves of the British Raj, They want something that makes the Bohra community prosper where their children (AND NOT THE DAMMED Shazardaz) to have a chance to get an education, a health care plan and a place to better themselves and I MEAN HERE AND NOT IN SOME GOD FORSAKEN PLACE called the heavens above. BEFORE WE CAN GO TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE, WE MUST HAVE A PLACE GOOD HERE TO MAKE US WORTHY TO GO TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE. Remember the prayer of our prophet when he was stoned by the pagans. He Prayed to Allah, to discipline him and to make him what ALLAH wants him to be so that he can be what is the best that he can be, here on EARTH. We Bohras have to come to terms with ourselves and pray to Allah to make us what Allah wants us to be and NOT some whimpy bohra who can only write his grievance on this post but does not have the BALLS to stand up to the RICH AND POWERFUL Shezadahs for what is best for the Bohra Community.
If the bohra of MS were given guns and hatchets, they would behead all the bohra (men, women and Children) who follow the bohras of KS.
Bollywood style exaggeration like this helps nobody.
The 'average' SMS follower actually has doubts over SMS and sympathy for SKQ.
Zinger bhai would be a good example.

The 'hardcore' SMS followers obviously dislike the SKQ followers.
But at most they would only push and shove them around like they did to his sons.
Generally speaking, the most common thing to happen will be merely laanats.

What do you think makes all these bohras have the BALLS to write on these posts and NOT HAVE THE BALLS to standup for what is right? The fear of HATE of being ostracized and excommunicated.
That is the usual excuse people use to hide their cowardice.
In reality, being ostracised is a blessing in disguise.
The people that matter most will never leave your side.
So let the 'fair-weather' friends go.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:41 pm

anajmi wrote:CT,

Anything you post over here is completely irrelevant and insignificant. Whatever you said in your post is actually pretty useless as it is neither relevant in any way nor significant in the least bit.
Youve made thousands of completely irrelevant and insignificant posts.
So why cant I make a few hundred.

However, I notice you havent been posting very much recently.
I wonder why?
Has admin yet again threatened to ban you?
Please dont worry, he never will.