Syedna Burhanuddin's first Urs

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
accountability

Syedna Burhanuddin's first Urs

Unread post by accountability » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Today is the first anniversary of Syedna Burhanuddin. He lived a long life, had at the helm of affairs for 50 years. He led bohras with vigour and passion all these years. He transformed bohras from religiously progressive to very conservative. He extensively travelled, had touched almost all bohras.
After one year syedna sahib is still trying to fill in his father's shoes. But it seems that he neither has the charm or connection, that Syedna Burhanuudin had. he does not seem to have etiquities of power. His sudden bursts of anger, washing his family laundry in public. That made him look vulnerable. A god who cannot help himself is no god.
His assumption of extravagant style, travelling in 8 horses drawn cart with air conditioned cabin, travelling in helicopters, and chartered flights made him disconnect from his followers. His extra fundamentalist approach towards women has earned him ordinary women's awe. I have heard lot of whispers about him not acting like a Dai or leader. His father had a charismatic personality, he always was connected to his followers. it will be difficult for him to match his father's towering personality. He may have acted differently, keeping in view the needs of 21st century.
he has invited thousands from all around for the anniversary. but he went on to have an audience with narendra modi. it did not seem like commemoration rather it looked like celebration.

Abuzer

Re: Syedna Burhanuddin's first Urs

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

I knew this whole thing will turn up as more political and more worldly matter than spiritual one, this is why I didn't bother to waste thousands of dollars to visit India on this occasion. and I think my decision was correct, may ALLAH guide those who deserves.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Abuzer wrote:I knew this whole thing will turn up as more political and more worldly matter than spiritual one, this is why I didn't bother to waste thousands of dollars to visit India on this occasion. and I think my decision was correct, may ALLAH guide those who deserves.
Muffaddal Moula missed you and the ceremony was incomplete without your presence :mrgreen:

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 pm

I have no idea why they even call these hindu napak kuffar to masjid, if they want to meet them they should keep separate functions for it, these kafirs should not have enter our mosques.

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:05 pm

abde53 wrote:
Abuzer wrote:I knew this whole thing will turn up as more political and more worldly matter than spiritual one, this is why I didn't bother to waste thousands of dollars to visit India on this occasion. and I think my decision was correct, may ALLAH guide those who deserves.
Muffaddal Moula missed you and the ceremony was incomplete without your presence :mrgreen:
I dont think he would miss momeenin, his hindu friends are always there to give him company :D

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's pet schemes 'Make in India' and 'Swachh Bharat' got a support from Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, the spiritual head of Dawoodi Bohras, who on Tuesday assured the community's support to the PM's "developmental initiatives".

"Prime Minister Narendra Modi's initiatives to uplift the life of Indians and to take our country forward are laudable. The Bohra community will support all his initiatives for the country. I pray that he stays in good health always," Syedna Mufaddal said while addressing a gathering on the first death anniversary (Urs Mubarak) of the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq and his father Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.

Syedna Mufaddal, the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq (spiritual head) of the community, delivered a sermon in remembrance of his father and offered prayers. The event was broadcast live across Dawoodi Bohra centres worldwide. According to a press release by Anjuman-e-Shiate Ali, the association administering the affairs of the Dawoodi Bohra community, over 10 lakh Dawoodi Bohras received the blessings and gift of participating in this remembrance.

"For the smooth and efficient hosting of this solemn event and to ensure that the city of Mumbai is not inconvenienced, elaborate arrangements were made by Anjuman-e-Shiate Ali," it said. Syedna Mufaddal also appreciated the "help and support" extended by Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis in organising the mega event in Mumbai.

"More than three hundred thousand Dawoodi Bohras from around the world gathered in Mumbai to remember the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq and do 'ziyarat' (pay respect) at Raudat Tahera, the mausoleum where the 51st Dai al-Mutlaq and the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq are buried," the release said

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:07 pm

swach bharat my foot, even after 1000 years India will remain filthy and trashed. because majority of Indians have trashy and dirty mentality.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Abuzer wrote:I have no idea why they even call these hindu napak kuffar to masjid, if they want to meet them they should keep separate functions for it, these kafirs should not have enter our mosques.
I remember there was a time period in the eighties when they would discourage presence of non muslims (e.g. Hindus) into our masjids. As an example a few of the wedding ceremonies in my town had to be held in public places as the family wanted to invite lots of Hindu politicians and businessmen for the wedding. This was during SMB's reign but he made a 180 degree turn and started having all kinds on high profile non-muslims into the masjids and Rozas.
Height of hypocrisy :x

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Why all of you are so against Hindus, who knows one of this Hindu may be your next Dai, Remember Raja Bharmal and Raja Tarmal
And do not forget that it was a Hindu who certified SMS as the Dai because of his dream, So Hindus do play very important role for SMS Clan and his Daiship.
May be NaMo may be the next successor of SMS. he knows how to fool people,and get the money and sell the dreams--- qualities required to be a Dai now a days

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 pm

http://indianexpress.com/photos/picture ... nity-head/

Looking at these photos makes my stomach churn. What sane minded son let alone a Dai! would allow the first Urus of this father be turned into a political rally for none other than the BJP! Just last month the RSS announced they wanted to convert bohras, and now MS is inviting them open arms allowing them to do speeches in Saifee Masjid! How can he let these people touch let alone kiss the zahris of his fore fathers. While bohras are queuing for hours in the baking sun, these menace to muslims are laughing away, another “10 lahks votes in the bag”. I love the second picture of MS waited behind fadnavis, so much for preaching “Dunya na pachal nai thaw”.
I wonder if he made his hands namaazi after the hand shake, you would never be able to guess this was Buhannudin mola ra’s Urus, it scares me to think how far we have come in just 1 year!

(Sorry i wasnt sure which tread was best to post this on)

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Re-posting from another thread:

Indresh Kumar (http://www.deccanherald.com/content/412 ... s-rss.html) attended the Urus waaz today and spoke for a good few mins before the waaz started.

New

Unread post by New » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:54 pm

I am totally against denying any one the rihhts of entering any religious place. These places do not pay taxes so public has a right. Also paak and naapak is an arbitrary line. We live in the world where this creats hatreds and many many conflicts.

Also the faith has no logic. Like God is an article of faith. Prove it that She or He or It exists. I can easily prove that She or He or It does not.

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:02 pm

I some what agree with you, But I believe there is a right time and place for 'visiting'. The followers of the community should have first preference to the religious place, bohra's would be praying for days just to get a opportunity for ziyarat on Urus day. And lets not forget these guys are stopping SQK and his followers, Syedna Taher's ra and Burhannudin aqa own son and brother from coming. They could have easily come a day before or a day after if the wanted to only pay their respects (it makes no difference to them), but it seems pretty obvious they sole intention wasnt only to pay respects (if at all,for both sides). BJP are trying to enhance they image towards muslims and get people behind their policies and initiatives and for MS a HUGE show of power (and potentially favouring they verdict in court case), making it even more difficult for most who know deep down he is a HUGE fraud to leave. I mean if some one punched you in the face you wouldnt invite them for dinner to your house (I dont know if you would 'New', I certainly wouldn't, if I was in a loving mood I would at most forgive them).

Abuzer

Unread post by Abuzer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:08 pm

BJP use bohras name to show they are good with muslims as well, look at their forums they show this picture to world to show they are muslim friendly government.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:50 am

well abuzer bro
i can understand ur frustration.
but sorry to say, u dont live here, so have no idea anything about it.
u only get picture which is painted by media and muslim zealots to you.
though i am against MS in everyway, i am not against inviting bjp or rss
they are not against muslims per se
even if they are, muslims are also against it so it is mutually.
why r u so much against bjp and rss, just coz they are hindus or they are against muslims.
ur justification may be right MS should not invite on urs day, but ur mentality that napak hindus should not be invited smacks same like wahabi, which is worse kind of mentality to be even humane.
and anyways bohras have benefitted more from hindu people than muslims.
in history, muslims have always persecuted bohras while hindus have not.
acutally what do u want? to turn india into a muslim state?
pakistan was created precisely for that, so what do u oppose.
i would always prefer to live in a hindu rashtra than the so called muslim country at present.
coz i can practice my beleif and ritual without any opression from the so called muslim zealots

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:13 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:well abuzer bro
i can understand ur frustration.
but sorry to say, u dont live here, so have no idea anything about it.
u only get picture which is painted by media and muslim zealots to you.
though i am against MS in everyway, i am not against inviting bjp or rss
they are not against muslims per se
even if they are, muslims are also against it so it is mutually.
why r u so much against bjp and rss, just coz they are hindus or they are against muslims.
ur justification may be right MS should not invite on urs day, but ur mentality that napak hindus should not be invited smacks same like wahabi, which is worse kind of mentality to be even humane.
and anyways bohras have benefitted more from hindu people than muslims.
in history, muslims have always persecuted bohras while hindus have not.
acutally what do u want? to turn india into a muslim state?
pakistan was created precisely for that, so what do u oppose.
i would always prefer to live in a hindu rashtra than the so called muslim country at present.
coz i can practice my beleif and ritual without any opression from the so called muslim zealots
What about oppression we are facing internally from MS clan? MS and his team are licking ruling government so that they can oppress us.

I feel out of all the leaders from different sections of Muslims and Christains, MS is the only ones who do CHAPLUSI to bjp and the reason is simple he is more interested in saving his properties and wealth. MS has now become puppet of BJP (who in turn is puppet of RSS/VHP).

RSS/VHP are Terrorist and yes they are against all non-hindu religion, for me this is enough to hate them just like I hate terrorist from other Muslim group.

topiwala

Unread post by topiwala » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:05 am

it is unbelievable that even bohras are demonstrating wahhabi ideology in their discussions and disrespecting the Urs , I never expected this from the reformists. It is highly likely that this forum recieves funding from wahhabi elements.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:18 am

topiwala wrote:it is unbelievable that even bohras are demonstrating wahhabi ideology in their discussions and disrespecting the Urs , I never expected this from the reformists. It is highly likely that this forum recieves funding from wahhabi elements.
nobody is disrespecting the Urs.

What i, like many others are ridiculing is truly the circus the Urs was made into.

5 days of activities (almost making it seem like mount mary feast), calling politicians (i will not get into their religion, because being Hindu does not make them bad) and getting them inside the Roza. And on the other hand, ex-Mazun, a mumineen, blood of Burhnuddin Maula, is not allowed. Think of how he must be feeling, seeing this going on in his name

they, the kothar, could have politely declined the CM and his team from coming during the Urs, citing it as a very private moment, meant for community members only. But wait... who am i kidding... the CM was invited. he definitely did not come on his own accord. And even if he did, im sure he would not have taken offence if he was invited on some other day

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 am

It sometimes amazes me the forgetful nature of humans, in part contributing to the current situation we are in, one day people are giving an oath in front of God, accepting Mazoon, the next praying lanaat on him. I remember reading numerous articles and peoples sentiments on the terrible things modi and his party had done to our Muslim brothers before elections. There was a time when even the kohtar were discouraging, correction, pressuring people not to work for modi.
What I can't figure out is why majority of bohras can't seem to open they eyes and see that MS' so called dawat is just a membership for MOP - mufadal oppressive party. Mufadal just met them a few days ago, was there really need to again? Has anyone else noticed the growing trend on getting outsiders to accept and add validity to MS for his followers specially on big miqaats (God knows why he can't do it himself - actions do speak louder than words (words are particularly weak if it comes from others)).
With Milad coming up, I wonder who the next big celebrity will be, maybe Obama.. he is coming down for Indian Republic day anyway. But then again MS’ lobbying power and money is not as effective, large and all that useful in the West, isn’t that the reason he hasnt ‘visited’ yet? Did anyone else hear his elder brother’s plea to visit the west? Maybe he should have mentioned “Obama and Cameron app ni intizar ma che”. With Noon and most MS bohras in UK favouring labour (not surprising since they give out the most free money), and Obama all about freedom and democracy, MOP must be finding it difficult to sign on a big political powerhouse, maybe they should set their sights slightly lower I think someone from the big bother (reality tv show) should be fitting, as they seem to have a lot of experience putting on useless, fake shows.

Less than 50miles away but galaxies apart (we are talking about ikirat), Qutbuddin mola provided strength and hidayat on Burhanuddin mola. All one needs to do is read the Qasida written by qutbuddin mola and the salaam written by Dr Tahera bs, and it's clear as day were the truth and pure intentions lie.
I can just hear the roars from MS, jealously, brainwashing, black magic….really is that all you have? remember when you start pointing your finger, that 3 fingers are pointing back at you, insecurity, duniyah, unenlightenment!

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 am

they say there were three hundred thousand bohras present. world population of bohras is not more than 700 thousand. there are 50000 bohras in Pakistan, that is on the higher side. across the world excluding india and Pakistan there are not more then 25000 bohras. GM could shed more light on no of bohras in india. well anyways, even if take million to be correct, that means every third bohra from all around world was present. this seems lot of exaggeration. why do they emphasise so much on nos. they want to show narendra modi that he has a million votes.
comomeration of Syedna Burhanuddins's urs was a solemn occasion. Present Sydena does not seem to connect or grasp the auspicies of the occasion. Syedna Saheb may have to realize that in this era and digitization, his two sided policies will not work, on one side he is teaming up with narendra modi, on the other hand he is taking more conservative stand than SMB.
bohras on the whole have to come out of this fear syndrome. if misfortune comes, syedna sahib is no savior. he may pray, well anyone can pray, but it is god who listens to prayer and grants. if anyone's prayer is so effective, then his family would be saved from calamities. then his followers would be save. there are hundered of thousands of bohra, who are visited by calamity every day, and there is no way out.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Sayedna nahi,kaho ilah al ardh
Islam muki, have shirk thayo fard
Modi, Ramdev ehna mohta bhai,
ghareeb vohra ne mili khai.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 pm

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:but sorry to say, u dont live here, so have no idea anything about it.
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:though i am against MS in everyway, i am not against inviting bjp or rss they are not against muslims per se
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:why r u so much against bjp and rss, just coz they are hindus or they are against muslims
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:i would always prefer to live in a hindu rashtra than the so called muslim country at present
Bro qutub_mamajiwala,

Do you have any idea what you are saying ? You are defending the group of people whose sole agenda is hatred towards muslims. Are you even aware of the RSS and its extremist ideologies ? I had started a thread especially for people like you wherein I have posted some interesting articles highlighting their deviant and evil designs, just read every article in it and also note that the same are mostly from neutral sources.

You have crossed all limits of sanity by saying that you prefer living in a "Hindu Rashtra", I bet if you would have made this statement if you were living in Naroda Patia or Gulbarg Society of Ahmedabad during the year 2002 !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

kimanumanu wrote:Re-posting from another thread:

Indresh Kumar (http://www.deccanherald.com/content/412 ... s-rss.html) attended the Urus waaz today and spoke for a good few mins before the waaz started.
Look at the background of Indresh Kumar whose presence in Urus vayez is seen by Mufaddali Bohras as some major achievement :-

RSS Leader Indresh Kumar kingpin of terror strikes

The heat is on senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar, who was already blamed by Aseemanand as one of the kingpins of terror strikes in Malegaon, Ajmer and Mecca Masjid and Samjhauta express.More trouble is brewing for him as Rajasthan ATS has arrested another one of Indresh's aides - Bharat Bhai Rateshwar. He was the one who was given the task of mobilising funds for terror strikes.His confession statement - accessed by CNN-IBN - corroborates a lot of what Aseemanand had told investigators himself.

Indresh was introduced to Pragya Thakur and Sunil Joshi alais Manoj by Aseemanand at Kumbh. Sunil Joshi called him after the Ajmer blasts told him his boys had planted the bombs. Later he was told by another individual that Sunil Joshi has been murdered.

It was the murder mystery of Sunil Joshi that turned out to be the cause of biggest concern for Indresh and RSS.

Aseemanand in his confession had stated clearly that it was Bharat Bhai who gave money to Sunil Joshi for terror strikes at Indresh's behest.

CNN-IBN has now learnt that the investigators are trying to verify Aseemanand's claim of Indresh being responsible for Joshi's murder through Bharat Bhai.

So far the NIA has treated Bharat Rateshwar as a prosecution witness in the Samjhauta Blast case.

And with the fresh revelations, the investigating agency may have to look anew into his role in this network, into which he allegedly pumped in more than Rs 1 lakh.

http://www.siasat.com/english/news/rss- ... or-strikes

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:24 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:but sorry to say, u dont live here, so have no idea anything about it.
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:though i am against MS in everyway, i am not against inviting bjp or rss they are not against muslims per se
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:why r u so much against bjp and rss, just coz they are hindus or they are against muslims
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:i would always prefer to live in a hindu rashtra than the so called muslim country at present
Bro qutub_mamajiwala,

Do you have any idea what you are saying ? You are defending the group of people whose sole agenda is hatred towards muslims. Are you even aware of the RSS and its extremist ideologies ? I had started a thread especially for people like you wherein I have posted some interesting articles highlighting their deviant and evil designs, just read every article in it and also note that the same are mostly from neutral sources.

You have crossed all limits of sanity by saying that you prefer living in a "Hindu Rashtra", I bet if you would have made this statement if you were living in Naroda Patia or Gulbarg Society of Ahmedabad during the year 2002 !!

bro GM
if thier sole agenda is hatred towards muslims. what is the sole agenda of many muslim organisation
it is hatred towards them--pretty nullifies each other.
what is the difference between two? why favouring one over the other?
if there are so many muslim countries, then why cant there be hindu rashtra? where majorities are hindu?
just simple logic. atleast that would be better than present muslim countries
as for what would happen if i was in naroda patia---simple i would have been killed.
same way if i was in iraq, pakistan, kashmir, syria or for that matter in the magazine building in paris yesterday.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:34 am

I am not against the BJP leaders coming in. I voted for Modi myself.

But what's going on was a clear political play to get more legitimacy. Add to it the desperation to get SBUT going. Fadnavis talked about it in his speach as well. So a religious-political sanction which will probably lead to further arm twisting by those holding fort. MS met with Modi as well a couple of days prior to Urs & Modi tweeted about it too.

Clearly a two way street where MS needs political support & Modi Muslim faces backing him.

In all this, its game over for KQ. He can pack his bags & leave so to speak. Yeah he will continue to lead his small or whatever sect of Bohras but he won't get anywhere close to the Dawat properties and assets that he seeks.

Followers of MS will go into dark ages in due course. What an epic fail!

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 am

i admire kothari marketing team for this master stroke.
it would put to shame the marketing team of modi and amit shah for election.
urs was a perfect occasion where he would get maximum publicity with thousands in mumbai and live relay all over the world. if not now then when?
and anyways urs is not an islamic festival at all.
even if we beleive it is bohra festival, MS has long back left it.
so it is naive to argue there was no spirituality and deen in it.
when was it there in the first place?
it was more like a political rally showing shakti pradarshan.
MS is a political leader and naturally he will hobnob with politicians.
why everybody is so surprised, i dont know.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 am

if there are so many muslim countries, then why cant there be hindu rashtra? where majorities are hindu?
Except for the fact that INDIAN CONSTITUTION calls for a secular democratic Country.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:if thier sole agenda is hatred towards muslims. what is the sole agenda of many muslim organisation
it is hatred towards them--pretty nullifies each other.
Bro qutub_mamajiwala,
Its like asking what came first, the chicken or egg !! BTW, it becomes dangerous when the ruling government propagates extremist ideologies of the RSS and saffron brigade in India and the Saudis propagating the extremist Salafi ideologies.
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:if there are so many muslim countries, then why cant there be hindu rashtra? where majorities are hindu?
There is absolutely no problem if India becomes a Hindu Rashtra as we have many Islamic countries and Christian and Jew countries too but the problem arises when the torchbearers of Hindu Rashtra are the ones like RSS, VHP, Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena etc which are nurtured by the government in power.
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:just simple logic. atleast that would be better than present muslim countries
No, it cannot be a better country if the saffron brigade are the ones calling the shots.
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:as for what would happen if i was in naroda patia---simple i would have been killed.
Think if you weren't killed but God forbid your family was brutally hacked to death, the females were gang raped and trishuls inserted in their private parts and pregnant women had their stomachs ripped open. In these circumstances you would have realised how dangerous it is to support the saffron brigade.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:26 pm

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 pm

gm what are these kids doing, can you please post the translation