CYBER TIPS

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
fustrate_Bohra

CYBER TIPS

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 am

Salaam,

Considering the popularity this site is gaining no doubt that kothari goons may be already at work to figure out how to track the IP.

My sincere request to Admin is to share some tips of DO's and DONT's while surfing this site so that we take care while surfing.

Vas-salaam.

Admin

Re: CYBER TIPS

Unread post by Admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 pm

They can track your IP only if you click on the links that go to their sites. BTW tracking IPs is not a big deal. What if they can track down your IP, what possibly can they do? We've to stop being afraid. Our fear is their victory.

alam

Unread post by alam » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Admin
How can I stop some specific people only from PM me? What if they are abusing the privilege? Isn't that cyber stalking?

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:20 pm

There might be a way to exclude people from your PM list. Will look into it.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 pm

alam wrote:Admin
How can I stop some specific people only from PM me? What if they are abusing the privilege? Isn't that cyber stalking?
Yes, you can do so. Instructions follow:

- Go to "User Control Panel". It is the left link on the forum header.
- Click on "Private Messages" tab
- Click on "Rules, folder and settings" in the left sidebar
- In the ADD NEW RULE, in the "if" block, use the drop-down box to select "Sender". Hit Next
- On this page, from the "ADD NEW RULE" drop down, pick "is". Hit Next
- On this page, in the text box add the name of the person you don't want to get PMs from. Hit Next
- On this page, from the "ADD NEW RULE" drop down pick "Delete message".
- Click "Add rule"

You are done!

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Admin wrote:They can track your IP only if you click on the links that go to their sites. BTW tracking IPs is not a big deal. What if they can track down your IP, what possibly can they do? We've to stop being afraid. Our fear is their victory.
I said the same thing 32 minutes before you, thank you for reiterating it admin.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10469&start=180#p153326