Interesting Take on Lisane-E-Dawat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Truthseeker

Interesting Take on Lisane-E-Dawat

Unread post by Truthseeker » Sun May 05, 2013 1:32 am

I have received the below email from an anonymous source and i found it hilarious:

I intend to hereby start a collection of gems we garner everyday from the treasure chests of our 'establishment'. this comes out of their mouths, at their sabaks, vaez's, publications, websites like maalumat, even the humble wedding and other invitation cards... etc.

1. Khuda na dai..! does khuda need a dai..? and where is the link with the rasool..??
2. Hamara aqa maula ta'qayamat jiye..! when even each and every prophet was mortal and died...is the dai something more superior..?
3. Apne sagla mumineen ne farishta na libaas pehnavee ne apno darzo baland kari didho..! wow! tomorrow i'm reporting to the vatican dressed in the pope's grand accoutrements..!!
4. Hu tamne ziyafat nu sharaf aapu chu...!! yes, I am taking bookings for u all to feed me every day for the next 10 years..! hey, its an honour to u, although i'm not too happy about giving u my time and tolerating your lukewarm samosas..
5. Ali ni vaez ghana bastat thi farmavi.. touching on his shahadat and establishing a link from him straight to the dai..all in 10 mins!!!, without talking of Ali's greatness, his austerity, self-sacrifice, his integrity, character, principles and practices..?
6. The pseudo arabisation of our daily use terminology...viz. lailatul arbaeen, najwatus shukur, chammar khidmat, muzakeraat, rasme-saifee... and so on. perhaps by these pathetic attempts the entire community may be miraculously transformed from their baniya origins to the hashemites and quraish of the old!!!
7. libaas-ul-anwar. wah!
8. Shehzaada 'aliwaqar' ----, DM (daawate majdahu).. bombastic and heavy sounding titles created to bamboozle and confuse the poor awestruck bohra, who would then worship the very shadow of the person with that illustrious moniker..baa adab, baa mulahiza..etc.. !!
12. Miqaat..
13. Deedar sharaf.. apna noorani chehra joya, to kaaba no deedar thayo.
14. Vazarat us Saifiyah... the ministry of strategic planning and implementation, where highly qualified brains are constantly devising clever and innovative schemes to separate bohras from their money..!!
15. Nawazeshaat....tumhara choona tumko hi lagaya....
16. Mafsuhiyat... formerly a very simple act of awarding a title of 'mulla'. now its made to appear as if you are elevated to some exalted position in the heavens, alongside the angels and seraphims..!!
17. Jalwanuma thaya.. now syedna doesnt take his seat anymore, he ascends to it in the manner of the mughal emperors and maharajas..
18. Lisan-e-dawat.. the most ridiculous and pathetic, even comedic attempt to establish a separate language for bohras... what it has only succeeded in doing is isolate our highly marginalised community even more and made us the laughing stock of the whole world..!! I dare any bohra to take this language and speak it at any public forum. I showed a sample of it to an arab friend and he was so confused and bewildered..upset even, at this misuse and insult to his language! it is arabic but it is not arabic...???!!! have you heard the muslims from ratnagiri area speak, with their peculiar mixture of urdu, marathi, hindi? we sound as rare as them! wah bhai wah...
19. Hazrat Imamiyah... the presence of the dai is now referred to in these terms..another clever strategem to depict him in a divine light and to seperate us ordinary mortals from him.
20. Talaqqi... to welcome him and to hold his hand is now referred by this word. a clean white rumaal has to be placed in our dirty hands so that we do not soil him with our filthy sins! There is nothing comparable to this anywhere in Islamic history, that this was ever practiced by the Rasool(saw) or any of the Sahaba's.
21. Shafaqat ni nazar.. the glance of the dai on us..
22. Yaumul mab'as.. still trying to figure this one out...can anyone enlighten us pls?
23. Takhte Imami... the seat of the dai. wherever he sits is now referred to as a throne..and I thought all religious leaders were sent to serve us and GOD! The word 'dai' means the inviter, the one who invites us towards the daawah or the truth, towards God, not pomp and glory!!
24. Muraqebeen...another fancy word conjured up..beats me..
25. Majmui Ziyafat... when there is not enough time to partake of individual ziyafats, then all the bakra's are collected together and slaughtered collectively..the salaams from each remains the same though!
26. Hadiyat...for granting 'Mulla'panu it is called Mafsuhiyat, for granting the title of sheikh, it is Hadiyat..!!

All this usage of arabic (and in many cases it is totally inappropriate) is like me going to the jungles of Africa swathed in yards of bleached organza and gauze, and deliberately using german or latin to subjugate the awe-struck, ignorant natives and bamboozle them into believing that I have descended from the heavens and am some sort of god!

Even assuming that the intentions behind this ridiculous language are noble, -- to make our people learn arabic -- it still doesnt succeed, and is highly suspect because you are deliberately NOT teaching them arabic. If you did, they would soon read through all the massive deception and fraud being committed on them!! Teaching someone a watered-down version of anything is like a deliberate deprivation with sinister intent. We are also not a community of such low IQ either, that we would not be able to grasp anything intelligent if its taught to us. that is basically what this whole thing means...it insults us and reduces us to the level of retards.. the proof is that they have succeeded!! if this is not a master-stroke, what else is???

pheonix

Re: Interesting Take on Lisane-E-Dawat

Unread post by pheonix » Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 am

Truthseeker wrote:I have received the below email from an anonymous source and i found it hilarious:

I intend to hereby start a collection of gems we garner everyday from the treasure chests of our 'establishment'. this comes out of their mouths, at their sabaks, vaez's, publications, websites like maalumat, even the humble wedding and other invitation cards... etc.

1. Khuda na dai..! does khuda need a dai..? and where is the link with the rasool..??
2. Hamara aqa maula ta'qayamat jiye..! when even each and every prophet was mortal and died...is the dai something more superior..?
3. Apne sagla mumineen ne farishta na libaas pehnavee ne apno darzo baland kari didho..! wow! tomorrow i'm reporting to the vatican dressed in the pope's grand accoutrements..!!
4. Hu tamne ziyafat nu sharaf aapu chu...!! yes, I am taking bookings for u all to feed me every day for the next 10 years..! hey, its an honour to u, although i'm not too happy about giving u my time and tolerating your lukewarm samosas..
5. Ali ni vaez ghana bastat thi farmavi.. touching on his shahadat and establishing a link from him straight to the dai..all in 10 mins!!!, without talking of Ali's greatness, his austerity, self-sacrifice, his integrity, character, principles and practices..?
6. The pseudo arabisation of our daily use terminology...viz. lailatul arbaeen, najwatus shukur, chammar khidmat, muzakeraat, rasme-saifee... and so on. perhaps by these pathetic attempts the entire community may be miraculously transformed from their baniya origins to the hashemites and quraish of the old!!!
7. libaas-ul-anwar. wah!
8. Shehzaada 'aliwaqar' ----, DM (daawate majdahu).. bombastic and heavy sounding titles created to bamboozle and confuse the poor awestruck bohra, who would then worship the very shadow of the person with that illustrious moniker..baa adab, baa mulahiza..etc.. !!
12. Miqaat..
14. Vazarat us Saifiyah... the ministry of strategic planning and implementation, where highly qualified brains are constantly devising clever and innovative schemes to separate bohras from their money..!!
16. Mafsuhiyat... formerly a very simple act of awarding a title of 'mulla'. now its made to appear as if you are elevated to some exalted position in the heavens, alongside the angels and seraphims..!!
17. Jalwanuma thaya.. now syedna doesnt take his seat anymore, he ascends to it in the manner of the mughal emperors and maharajas..
18. Lisan-e-dawat.. the most ridiculous and pathetic, even comedic attempt to establish a separate language for bohras... what it has only succeeded in doing is isolate our highly marginalised community even more and made us the laughing stock of the whole world..!! I dare any bohra to take this language and speak it at any public forum. I showed a sample of it to an arab friend and he was so confused and bewildered..upset even, at this misuse and insult to his language! it is arabic but it is not arabic...???!!! have you heard the muslims from ratnagiri area speak, with their peculiar mixture of urdu, marathi, hindi? we sound as rare as them! wah bhai wah...
19. Hazrat Imamiyah... the presence of the dai is now referred to in these terms..another clever strategem to depict him in a divine light and to seperate us ordinary mortals from him.
20. Talaqqi... to welcome him and to hold his hand is now referred by this word. a clean white rumaal has to be placed in our dirty hands so that we do not soil him with our filthy sins! There is nothing comparable to this anywhere in Islamic history, that this was ever practiced by the Rasool(saw) or any of the Sahaba's.
22. Yaumul mab'as.. still trying to figure this one out...can anyone enlighten us pls?
23. Takhte Imami... the seat of the dai. wherever he sits is now referred to as a throne..and I thought all religious leaders were sent to serve us and GOD! The word 'dai' means the inviter, the one who invites us towards the daawah or the truth, towards God, not pomp and glory!!
25. Majmui Ziyafat... when there is not enough time to partake of individual ziyafats, then all the bakra's are collected together and slaughtered collectively..the salaams from each remains the same though!
26. Hadiyat...for granting 'Mulla'panu it is called Mafsuhiyat, for granting the title of sheikh, it is Hadiyat..!!

All this usage of arabic (and in many cases it is totally inappropriate) is like me going to the jungles of Africa swathed in yards of bleached organza and gauze, and deliberately using german or latin to subjugate the awe-struck, ignorant natives and bamboozle them into believing that I have descended from the heavens and am some sort of god!

Even assuming that the intentions behind this ridiculous language are noble, -- to make our people learn arabic -- it still doesnt succeed, and is highly suspect because you are deliberately NOT teaching them arabic. If you did, they would soon read through all the massive deception and fraud being committed on them!! Teaching someone a watered-down version of anything is like a deliberate deprivation with sinister intent. We are also not a community of such low IQ either, that we would not be able to grasp anything intelligent if its taught to us. that is basically what this whole thing means...it insults us and reduces us to the level of retards.. the proof is that they have succeeded!! if this is not a master-stroke, what else is???
Do you know Arabic?

Truthseeker

Unread post by Truthseeker » Sun May 05, 2013 3:50 am

Your question is irrelevant. The above was an email forward.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Sun May 05, 2013 6:48 am

You wrote, "they would soon read through all the massive deception and fraud being committed on them".
If you don't know Arabic, then how do you know that Kothar are commiting a fraud?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am

Can you stop quoting the whole topic and wasting the space.
Admin: Please delete this re-quoting
BTW Phoneix since when Lissan e Dawat became Arabic. As a matter of fact Kothar has bastarised Arabic-Urdu and Gujrati by creating Lissan E Dawat
this language which half of the North American-European-African bohras do not understand and sleep thru the waiz or bayan. what a way to convey a message when half of your followers do not read-write or understand your invented language

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Sun May 05, 2013 12:22 pm

SBM wrote:this language which half of the North American-European-African bohras do not understand and sleep thru the waiz or bayan
so true... :cry:
We are probably the one community to bear 4 hrs Bayan in a language in which 90% of words are not comprehensible for most of us...
Last edited by Sceptical on Sun May 05, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JC

Unread post by JC » Sun May 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Why do we NEED Lisan-e-Dawat?? Aren't Urdu, Hindi, Gujrati, Arabic or English good enough?? Bohras live in different countries where different languages are used, why not use them only?? But again Kothar needs to create an 'identity' for its 'royal subjects' and this is one way to do that ......... they have screwed up with basic religion so why bother if they do the same to dress codes, languages etc etc........

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sun May 05, 2013 2:17 pm

@SBM
As a matter of fact Kothar has bastarised Arabic-Urdu and Gujrati by creating Lissan E Dawat

Lisan ud Dawat was not created by the Kothar you imbecile.
It was formed by the Duat of India to create a bridge between the local Gujarati and the Arabic destination.
The Duat made it.
Read Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin and Syedi Sadiqalis literature. It is not Gujrati, it's this new form of Lisan Dawat.

You do CLAIM believe in the two Sahebs I mentioned don't you?

Stop passing ignorant comments.

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Whoever invented this language, that's not matter. Most of Bohra do not understand it...
Christian church has long time done their prayer in Latin until the day people had enough. For me, it is a form of snobbery.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 05, 2013 2:40 pm

The Duat made it.
Is not Duat part of Kothar. Syedna Taher Saifuddin is considered a Duat by you and other Abdes and he was part of Kothar. He played an important part in inventing and implementing bastarized form of Arabaic-Urdu-Gujrati known as Lissan E Dawat

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Lisane-E-Dawat(RU) language created by Burhanuddin :twisted: is making abdes (BAYLAS) - COWARDS :lol:

think

Unread post by think » Sun May 05, 2013 7:12 pm

since they do not understand , no wonder i see most of the them resting their backs along the wall and going to sleep. I have seen some nodding away and as soon as some one begins to recite a marsia, they suddenly wake up from their slumber and start doing matam, although the marsia does not require matam.

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

The above 20-odd words highlighted by truthseeker show that its arabic, arabic all the way which is commendable. But a curious question arises :- why is it then that the most important, oft-repeated word- "God"- always mentioned in Persian either as "khuda" or "parwardigar" when we know that the arabic word for "god" is "al lah'.

"Al lah " is not a name but its a word which is derived from a contraction of the arabic definite article "al" meaning "the" and "ilah" meaning " diety , god". This word was in existence since pre-Islamic age and was used to refer to the supreme diety of the pagan arabs. We know that the name of prophet's father who had lived before Islam was Abdullah meaning slave of god.
Also, the present day arab christians call god as Allah and the word is used to translate "god' in all the arab bibles, hymns and scriptures.
So why is the word not used to refer to God when everything else is in arabic in lisane-e-dawat ?

MunkirNakir

Unread post by MunkirNakir » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Adam wrote:@SBM
As a matter of fact Kothar has bastarised Arabic-Urdu and Gujrati by creating Lissan E Dawat

Lisan ud Dawat was not created by the Kothar you imbecile.
It was formed by the Duat of India to create a bridge between the local Gujarati and the Arabic destination.
The Duat made it.
Read Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin and Syedi Sadiqalis literature. It is not Gujrati, it's this new form of Lisan Dawat.

You do CLAIM believe in the two Sahebs I mentioned don't you?

Stop passing ignorant comments.
Idiot now try to understand this...

our former DAI invented lisan in order to make a bridge between people for communication....

but present dai is using lisan to create GAP between people by using heavy words of arabic, which normally is not understood by people.

our former DAI wanted people to unite by more communication, while this present system is abusing this system to create rift between people.

MunkirNakir

Unread post by MunkirNakir » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

ADAM

if u have little brain stop questioning people faith, non but ALLAH has right to judge people faith...

you are no one to ask what people beleive in, and do they believe in IMAM or former DAI.

you come here to defend smb and muffy?

so just make sure u bring proof and valid arguments with back ups with QURAAN or HADITH.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Mon May 06, 2013 3:05 am

@Munkir Nakir
our former DAI invented lisan in order to make a bridge between people for communication....

our former DAI wanted people to unite by more communication,

Who is this "Former Dai" you talk of? Which Dai do you believe in? (Eg: Engineer? S. Insaf, Ahmed Ali, Sulaiman, Jafar?)

MunkirNakir

Unread post by MunkirNakir » Mon May 06, 2013 3:10 am

Adam wrote:@Munkir Nakir

our former DAI wanted people to unite by more communication,

Who is this "Former Dai" you talk of? Which Dai do you believe in? (Eg: Engineer? S. Insaf, Ahmed Ali, Sulaiman, Jafar?)
I am talking about all DAI's before sts and smb...

now stop acting like kid, and bring proper proofs and healthy debates, u are just exposing ur self and ur master muffy....

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Oh, so you supposedly believe in ALL the Imams and Dais until Syedna Abdullah Badruddin the 50th?
So what happened after that for you? Dawat stopped?
Who was the 50th Dais mansoos?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Adam wrote:Oh, so you supposedly believe in ALL the Imams and Dais until Syedna Abdullah Badruddin the 50th?
So what happened after that for you? Dawat stopped?
Who was the 50th Dais mansoos?
ALERT ALERT ALERT
Adam is trying to divert the topic, question is about Lissan E Dawat and not in the belief of DAIS

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm

The two kinds of bohras are separated by lisan-e-dawat.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Truthseeker wrote:I have received the below email from an anonymous source and i found it hilarious:

7. libaas-ul-anwar. wah!

12. Miqaat..

The above is a post written by Bro AlZulfiqar some time back on this forum.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon May 06, 2013 5:20 pm

thank you brother gm, for remembering and pointing it out. i did not think it appropriate to do so myself.

people copy matter from this forum and circulate it to others and lo and behold it comes back full circle here as a new post! such is the power of emails and technology!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Bro Az,

The writer must be given his due !! :mrgreen:

Truthseeker

Unread post by Truthseeker » Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 am

Thank you for pointing it out. I never knew it was posted on this forum a while back.

husain9152

Unread post by husain9152 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 am

what about thali ? faiz e burhaniya...

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 am

husain9152 wrote: what about thali ? faiz e burhaniya...
forgot the most important one.. ITS - Idara al taariful shaksi... I think.. this is 100% arabic though

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

husain9152 wrote:what about thali ? faiz e burhaniya...
Bhai husain9152 ( you could've given your full mobile no. itself) ,

Its " Faiz-e- Mawaid- e- Burhaniyah. "

Please elongate if you have to, but don't shorten it. The longer the merrier ( vide wise_guy's exhibit above).

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 am

Abdes claim they are totally against 'Wahabis' and their practices .......... In Saudi Arabia (or any Gulf country) most of the projects, buildings, roads etc are named after their Royal Families ............. now see this trend with Daulat-e-Kothar .......... everything is Saifee, Burhani, Imami etc etc (b/w and if anything is Hussaini or Alvi etc, they have the SOLE right over them being the TRUE heirs .............)

Bro Think,

Thinking is not allowed in Bohra religions .......... so in their masdirs people just sleep and wake up to do Matam and pray Two-Rakah for ex-Dai, current Dai and incoming Dai ............

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 07, 2013 11:18 am

Saya-Kurta-Topi = Malabis-e-Saifiyah ..........

Car/Vehicle = Barkash-e-Hussainia (to be named after 54th Dai who would be Hussain s/o Muffadal)

Flat/Apartment = Bait-e-Abde Sayedna

House = Bait-e-Ayan-e-Jamatia

Bunglow = Mahal-e-Muffadalia

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Thu May 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Fancy title..
title.PNG
title.PNG (9.46 KiB) Viewed 6624 times