Where is education and learning in video?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohrabhai

Where is education and learning in video?

Unread post by bohrabhai » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 am

On you tube i found this video Education and Learning for Dawoodi Bohras https://youtu.be/wMtTq88Rk4M.
i am not well educated and blind to see any education or learning except very few frames , Can some learned person can highlight what my small brain cant see. and second note i can see at https://youtu.be/wMtTq88Rk4M?t=5m40s scholar names but none is bohra .
so that means we haven't produce any scholar?? or we give damn about scholars..
and they put advertisement in all mumeneen channel videos making money by any method available

Zali110

Re: Where is education and learning in video?

Unread post by Zali110 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:59 pm

you are right , your have tiny brain , :lol: :lol: :lol: the video shows what Syedna Muffadal Saifuddin TUS has done in the field of Education and Learning , not that the video is there to teach what education and learning is , do you understand in your tiny brain , and about scholars , that video was captioned from many different sources , doesnt mean that particulor exhibition didnt have apwa scholars , again you are tiny brained so i can understand that you are not broad minded , do take more education so your tiny brain can grow and broaden :idea:

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Scholarship among the Bohras is almost non-existent. First, the big issue is that "scholarship" among the Bohras is defined as whatever the da'i and his children produce. There is no careful analysis of the value of the things they produce. Scholarship requires open publication, then careful peer-review of the significance of the work and then a look at the impact of that work on larger body of work. This can not happen. Period. Think about it. Can any Bohra criticize the things which the da'is writes? Do they even understand the language? For example, even STS's work is just repetition of old literature, which he copied from existing books. How is this "scholarship"? I need some sycophant to explain.

Even the work which Bazat Tahera has done is trying to list "tropes" in S. Moayaad Shirazi's poems. This is a good contribution and real scholarship, but ultimately not of very great value.

Hence, all real scholars have been kicked out of he community as being muddais. Real scholarship needs a lot of efforts. A guy who spends most of his time hunting, eating zyafaats, and taking money from others can't be a scholar or have time for scholarship. However, the Bohras are so habituated to praising the da'i that they don't think at all.

My basic suggestion is to not associate scholarship with what Bohris do. It is not. It is called sycophancy. Nothing more.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:25 am

Biradar wrote: scholarship" among the Bohras is defined as whatever the da'i and his children produce……… the Bohras are so habituated to praising the da'i that they don't think at all.
Well they produce more children and fantastic schemes of FMB, Roti making, topi goothing, ghar-no-kono and tez nigaah. Where is the scholarly work on Fatimid history or bohra previous duaats ? Every majlis, sabak, muharrram waaz.. they repeat the same flattery and ofcourse bayan of Imam hussein and few popular stories are narrated as routine formality. Moreover they go overboard and add any spices to their version of stories. Who can dare stand and ask authenticity of their mirch-masala.

This guys cannot stand an uncomfortable question, critical review of their research will have their shops and mouths shut. Moreover why would they be interested in research the only research they are is into generating more schemes to extract more monies, wield more power.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

Dawoodi Bohra Scholarship is an oxymoron and a paradox. In today's world it is as existent and prolific as the Dodo or the Dinosaurs.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:34 am

Other problem is our school education. In our time bohra run schools were very good institutions. Along with bohras other muslim communities as well as large number of Hindus and parsis were studied together. Teachers were good from all communities. Even principal was non bohra . and teachers and principal were selected on merits. School dress was shirt and pants. Topi culture was non existent. We used to learn ramayan and mahabharat with great interest.
Now look at any Kothar run school.
mostly bohras and few lower income Muslims are studying. VeryVery few Hindus left
Dress code is kurta izar and topi.
Teachers are not even graduates and principal are only b com with very low teaching experience. forget about Hindu scriptures.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 am

Mufaddal need to learn from kejriwal, he is providing 10 lakhs of loan for all students without any guarantee, Delhi government itself stands as a guarantee, no loan will be rejected as per Delhi gov plans.

while mufaddal needs gold to give back money and even then you need guarantees to get that money, shame on his followers who still follow him and keeps his stupid and ugly picture in their houses.

all schemes from mufaddal are money making schemes and cheat, there is never an inention to help people fisabillah.

these guys are just good in self glorification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHxvfO2AgoU

think

Unread post by think » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

the man has vain desires. killing animals being one of them. To such a man how can you even think of asking about education.