Saudi Prince donates 32 bn

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
JavedhJuma

Saudi Prince donates 32 bn

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:07 pm

JavedhJuma
Contact JavedhJuma
Send private message Send email Saudi prince to donate $32bn fortune to Charity
Edit Report this post Quote
Postby JavedhJuma » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33353370

Better late than never! My only regret is that the Prince did not learn about Charity from the Qur'an and the Prophet SAW. Prince and his family are supposed to be care takers of the Holy sites and Islam, but it took Bill Gates to guide the Prince to his own faith. Bill Gates probably learnt about cultural promotion and charity from Islam! I know of Bill Gates philanthropic activities but had not read about cultural promotion. I must have missed that. I salute this young Prince for his decision. It is never too late to do good work.

Charity begins at home! May be he will now take care of the millions of Palestinians who have been living in Refugee camps for the past 69 years in his country. May be he will help the Palestinians living in Saudi Arabia with better accommodations. At the moment they are languishing in camps with Asbestos falling from ceilings and causing COPD to the residents.

Also, with his billions and more from his siblings and his larger family they can eradicate poverty in the Middle East and help the victims of the wars with better housing, schools for young children (who are sometimes taken to farms in places like Lebanon to pick crops in cold weather).

Palestinians and other Arabs would no longer have to rely on hand outs from the UN, whose main contributors are Non-Muslims!!!!

Prince and Royal family should concentrate in bringing peace to the region instead of bombing their neighbors and Shia mosques in Saudi Arabia.

As for empowering women, how about allowing them to drive?
Single mothers (divorced women) have to depend on male relatives to take them everywhere.
The only way they can be independent is when they do not have to depend on male family members. Empowering women, to me, means being self reliant.

Prince is on the right track and he does not have to learn anything from Bill Gates, because all this is encompassed in the Qur'an and the life of the Prophet.

May Allah SWT bless the Prince and give success to him in his endeavors. Long live the Prince! Ameen.

SBM

Re: Saudi Prince donates 32 bn

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 pm

Prince is on the right track and he does not have to learn anything from Bill Gates
But the Prince is WAHABI so how can he be on the right track. :P

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 am

why throw barbs ...complement the jest ure ...whether Bill or Islam or wahabi. ..what has that to do with his charity jesture.

and then adding saudi politics ..why ?..what he has done is ultimate sacrifice and quantum of donation ..let us hope he inspires our spiriual lords to do the same

if you read about the companions you will read Umar and Uthman RA both did the same .The Prophet SAW did the same .

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Fully agree with Bohra Spring.