Is Hijab Mandatory According To Quran And Ahadith ?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Al-Noor

Re: Is Hijab Mandatory According To Quran And Ahadith ?

Unread post by Al-Noor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 am

"It is about respect," Goodman said. "Who is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself? The reason I brought this up is I think people deserve respect when they are in public. I think slacking is disrespectful. I think it gives our younger generation the wrong impression of what is cool."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/us/20150914/1026 ... z3lgYQlTIW

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Court dismisses federal appeal over niqab at citizenship ceremonies

OTTAWA – A Federal Court of Appeal panel has dismissed a government appeal over a ban on face coverings at citizenship ceremonies in what amounts to a major policy rebuke of the Harper government.

The three justices ruled from the bench, saying they wanted to proceed quickly so that Zunera Ishaq, the woman who initially challenged the ban, can obtain her citizenship in time to vote in the Oct. 19 federal election

FULL ARTICLE :-

http://globalnews.ca/news/2221642/gover ... under-way/

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Hijab not obligatory in Quran: Sheikh Mizo

"The hijab is not an obligation and it does not exist in the Quran," said the controversial Sheikh Mohamed Abdalla Nasr, known as Sheikh Mizo, Monday evening on the satellite TV channel Ten.

Mizo called for putting those who try to push women to wear the hijab on trial.

The word hijab in Quran refers to the "curtain" that is placed between two things and not a head scarf, he mentioned.

"My mother used to wear clothes like all Egyptian women before the Wahhabi thought invasion (to Egypt)," Nasr said.

She did not cover her head and used to wear dresses, he continued.

"Now she is wearing a head scarf because girls were forced to cover their heads at school," he added.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/hi ... heikh-mizo

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:52 pm

France's burkini ban is Taliban-style moral policing, with a twist

While the country is disrobing women in the name of liberation, its 'Asian counterpart' forced them to cover up.

Two sets of events in the past fortnight, though unrelated, are examples of the two extremes the debate on the veil - the head cover that many practising Muslim women wear - has taken in the West.

The Rio Olympics will go down in history as the first when relaxed rules on dressing allowed several Muslim women athletes to participate in the most prestigious sporting event clad in a hijab or headscarf.

In the Olympics, many such women did not leave the sports lovers disappointed and sent a clear message that their religious belief or dress will in no way become a hurdle in their game.

Fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first Muslim American to participate in the Olympics in a headscarf, also became the first hijabi to win a (bronze) medal. Later, Iranian Taekwondo star Kimia Alizadeh Zenoorin became the first female from her country to win a (bronze) medal.

Female athletes from conservative Saudi Arabia to Afghanistan, as well as from Egypt and some other countries, also participated in the biggest sporting event practically covered from head to toe.

In terms of photos, perfect was the viral image of the Egyptian and German women's beach volleyball preliminary match, one team in a bikini and the other in a burkini, a kind of swimwear popular among Muslim women in the West as it covers most of the body, including the head.

Across the Atlantic, however, 15 towns in France have banned the burkini, and even fined a woman who sought to defy the ban.

On Tuesday, the French police armed with batons and pepper spray forced a Muslim woman wearing a burkini on a beach in Nice to strip off. These women have been accused by the police of not "respecting good morals and secularism" for wearing leggings and putting scarves, as if the head cover is against western culture.

READ FULL ARTICLE :-

http://www.dailyo.in/politics/burkini-b ... 12584.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:03 pm

No woman in a Burqa (or a Hijab or a Burkini) has ever done any harm to me or my family.

But I was sacked (without explanation) by a man in a Suit. Men in suits sold me pensions and endowments, costing me thousands of pounds. A man in a suit led us on a disastrous and illegal war (the infamous Gulf wars).

Men in suits led global banks and crashed the world economy. Other men in suits then increased the misery to millions through austerity.

If we are to start telling people what to wear, maybe we should ban SUITS and not Burkinis.

Henry Stewart, London.