Forum statistics

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
Biradar

Forum statistics

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Dear Admin: I request you release some statistics about this forum. For example, it should be possible to make a graph of number of posts per day in the last 10 years. If you want, I can take the data and make plots and do some analysis. It will be interesting to see the spikes in activities, correlate it with events in the community, and also study the decline in participation here. For example, it is clear to everyone that the activities here have come to a halt, with hardly 3-5 posts per day, which is a very sad state of affairs. Armed with this data, perhaps one could look at means of reviving the flagging fortunes of this forum. At present, the forum has become moribund, and if I was a forum doctor, I would recommend either doing some drastic surgery, or putting the poor patient to sleep.

Admin

Re: Forum statistics

Unread post by Admin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Excellent idea Biradar, we will collect all the reports and send them to you via PM.
It is true that participation has declined, and also the number of visitors. One factor for the decline could be because of social media, a lot posts from here circulates on WhatsApp, and people have easy access to similar material on social media. So people do not feel the need to visit the forum for information. In any case it would make sense to make the forum and the site more interesting and compelling for people to visit.
If anyone has ideas please share. Only constructive ideas please. Suggestions for censorship, and banning this person and that person, will not be entertained. The freedom that this Forum allows everyone to think and express themselves will not be compromised. Thank you.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 pm

This forum is still very useful. Looking forward to seeing the statistics.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:00 am

may I suggest to create a section permanent amongst articles specially to display excesses of kothar such as pictures of SMB, SMS or any kothari pest hunting, bunglows, fancy cars, pheronic paalkhi rides and colorful parades.

a multimedia section with audio, video, pictures of kothari excess.

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Biradar wrote:Dear Admin: I request you release some statistics about this forum. For example, it should be possible to make a graph of number of posts per day in the last 10 years. If you want, I can take the data and make plots and do some analysis. It will be interesting to see the spikes in activities, correlate it with events in the community, and also study the decline in participation here. For example, it is clear to everyone that the activities here have come to a halt, with hardly 3-5 posts per day, which is a very sad state of affairs. Armed with this data, perhaps one could look at means of reviving the flagging fortunes of this forum. At present, the forum has become moribund, and if I was a forum doctor, I would recommend either doing some drastic surgery, or putting the poor patient to sleep.
Along same lines useful statistics could be user profiles for objectionable or offensive language (how would you define that??) and how they increase or decrease over time, and how they correlate with user participation or readership. Or decline over time. Someone with expertise in advance statistics, perhaps Biradar can take on leadership for that since he has volunteered already. One can hardly argue this to be profiling - on this anonymous ID forum.

Apparently somebody in USA did similar "grammar" analysis of commentary by Republican/democrats commentators or supporters. I found it Amusing :
http://www.alternet.org/media/study-dem ... epublicans.
And also http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/10/ ... ee-on-top/

My concern is that once you put numbers on certain trends, there is a tendency to "believe" numbers and take them at face value without putting numbers themselves in the larger context. although I support examinations of trends and fine tune analysis. It's a good start and let's see where that leads us.

Admin - how would you ensure confidentiality of users who trust this site with their personal information from extrapolating vital statistics for potential misuse abuse and further torment? Just wonder.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

alam wrote: Admin - how would you ensure confidentiality of users who trust this site with their personal information from extrapolating vital statistics for potential misuse abuse and further torment? Just wonder.
Want to make it absolutely clear that no personal information is collected or used for the analysis of visitor statistics. Anybody aware of Google Analytics knows that the metrics and trends measured are based on user activity and behaviour. Who that user is is irrelevant and unnecessary for analysis. Members must feel assured that their personal information is not being compromised.