Practice Of Female Circumcision Among Bohra Muslims.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Re: Practice Of Female Circumcision Among Bohra Muslims.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 pm

husena wrote:London follows Sydney,
london.jpg
watsup msg

Forwarded as Received :-

HUBBUL WATAN MINAL IMAM

This line is nowadays used by a lot of selfish Qasre Ali BS not because suddenly their love for their watan has sprung up but because of the law of FGM is becoming stricter day by day. The latest is Idris BS who has signed the Anjuman-e-Burhani letter telling people that you should abide by the law of the land and not do FGM.

Sir, a few questions for you..... Firstly, staying loyal to one watan can be practiced in many ways.... Pay all your taxes, you people collect large amounts from us and splurge on your families and show it like charity and take tax exemptions. What community service have you done till date FREE of cost as you people charge us for praying Namaz also. So please don't give this CRAP that you are loyal to the watan in which you are staying. If a ship sinks, the first to leave are the mice and you are one of them. Before the battle of Karbala if you would have been there then you would have given Bay't to Yazeed as he was the king and would show loyalty to the erstwhile Syria. For HAQ you have to stand up like a MAN and for this the only person who can guide you is your Kakaji saheb. Please don't ask your Dumb brother as he is a bigger mice then you and if need arises he will also run away... Remember when bombing was going on in Yemen how cunningly your brother was partying and had left Mumineen on the bharosa of Imam. So that proved one thing that you all are the same and can only party around and loot us but when time comes to stand for HAQ only the ex-mazun in the entire Saifee Mahal can stand. And if you can change your name from Idris to Iblis that will suit you more !!

husena

Unread post by husena » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

They use all this hadees as per their convenience. Almost all abdes including highly learned shaikhs who go to sabaks indulge in tax evasion and corrupt practices in their businesses. Their claim is that they cannot survive without doing so and as their competitors are doing that, they also need to do it to survive! Biggest of them is Kothar who does money laundering to convert their ill gotten loot from public into white money!
ghulam muhammed wrote:
watsup msg

Forwarded as Received :-

HUBBUL WATAN MINAL IMAM

This line is nowadays used by a lot of selfish Qasre Ali BS not because suddenly their love for their watan has sprung up but because of the law of FGM is becoming stricter day by day. The latest is Idris BS who has signed the Anjuman-e-Burhani letter telling people that you should abide by the law of the land and not do FGM.

Sir, a few questions for you..... Firstly, staying loyal to one watan can be practiced in many ways.... Pay all your taxes, you people collect large amounts from us and splurge on your families and show it like charity and take tax exemptions. What community service have you done till date FREE of cost as you people charge us for praying Namaz also. So please don't give this CRAP that you are loyal to the watan in which you are staying. If a ship sinks, the first to leave are the mice and you are one of them. Before the battle of Karbala if you would have been there then you would have given Bay't to Yazeed as he was the king and would show loyalty to the erstwhile Syria. For HAQ you have to stand up like a MAN and for this the only person who can guide you is your Kakaji saheb. Please don't ask your Dumb brother as he is a bigger mice then you and if need arises he will also run away... Remember when bombing was going on in Yemen how cunningly your brother was partying and had left Mumineen on the bharosa of Imam. So that proved one thing that you all are the same and can only party around and loot us but when time comes to stand for HAQ only the ex-mazun in the entire Saifee Mahal can stand. And if you can change your name from Idris to Iblis that will suit you more !!

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:40 am

Seriously, do you really think that SKQ gives a flip that some fangirl of Mufaddal Saifuddin and one of his corrupt aamil is going to jail over FGM?

Well you said it right. Mumineen whether now with SMS are SKQ. The true Dai will / should care since once the truth is proved mumineen will have to do Mitahq and return to follow the right one. isn't it. Then someone has to give a flip whoever is TRUE and advice mumeen rightly just like in past.
If this dawat is debated on DB forums than is this dawat on right path ?

think

Unread post by think » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 am

No, this dawaat is not on the right path.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Letters from Sydney and London, I know Bohra women activists are excited but it is a show l. Yes it may discourage some from fgm but not stop it totally.

The 2 letters are weak, no mention of SMS maybe to protect him from being sued by women rights and future class action as it would implicate sayedna, did people notice that no women signed it , no mention whether sayedna had given permission to change shariat that Abdes take misaq with , no acknowledge of accepting it is cruel, no discussion how they will remind people who don't know it is illegal , like will there be a noticeboard. What about letters in Canada, USA or what about they are stopping fgm because it is illegal and not because it is wrong so they still don't see it is child abuse.In India will they stop it or wait until it is illegal.

I am pleased the authorities have shown more reformist capabilities to dig their teeth into it and force the change morecthan some of us or our supreme leaders.

Some people took the lead and brought it this far and let the people just joining the caravan of change look after it to the end of the journey.
husena wrote:London follows Sydney,
london.jpg

New

Unread post by New » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:45 am

Brother Ozandee, I salute your zealous pursuit. In the last 75 years the Dai has never ate the crow except for the Bhendi Bazaar riots by 52. I believe pretty soon it will be New Zealand and France.

The empire will collapse bit by bit.

The law suit is not going to protect what happened in the past.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:33 am

facebook group to discuss fgm -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/699671530168678/

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 am

While we are disappointed with SMS to have stated his views promoting FGM via the recent audio release, it is clear he has made a stand on his beliefs whether we agree or not with his stand. Atleast we know where he stands on it and can address it.

Meanwhile there is lack of formal statement where PDB , as the major known organised reformist group, stand regarding the FGM issue , their view based on experts analysis of scriptures, ruling and application of ritual so as to address FGM in the progressive community in the 21st Century. It is import they make public stand and if already done restate it during this unpredictable times.

Like wise Fatemi Dawat also needs to make clear sooner rather than later their official position on FGM matters.

The latest SMS issue though was probably an accident will snowball and leadership by all major factions is expected to provide ide direction. .

Non bohras will be interest ed to know whether all factions fundamentally still believe FGM is required or have commenced steps to eradicate and discourage FGM and Comply with laws.

We already know where the women activits stand.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Ozdundee wrote:While we are disappointed with SMS to have stated his views promoting FGM via the recent audio release, it is clear he has made a stand on his beliefs whether we agree or not with his stand. Atleast we know where he stands on it and can address it.

Meanwhile there is lack of formal statement where PDB , as the major known organised reformist group, stand regarding the FGM issue , their view based on experts analysis of scriptures, ruling and application of ritual so as to address FGM in the progressive community in the 21st Century. It is import they make public stand and if already done restate it during this unpredictable times.

Like wise Fatemi Dawat also needs to make clear sooner rather than later their official position on FGM matters.

The latest SMS issue though was probably an accident will snowball and leadership by all major factions is expected to provide ide direction. .

Non bohras will be interest ed to know whether all factions fundamentally still believe FGM is required or have commenced steps to eradicate and discourage FGM and Comply with laws.

We already know where the women activits stand.
SMS/STF will have to choose between a. Either Respect laws of land or Stick to centuries old orthodox custom of bygone era.

Only way I see this happening for SMS is unless and untill more than 90% of countries make FGM illegal he's not going to give dime about it.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Only way I see this happening for SMS is unless and untill more than 90% of countries make FGM illegal he's not going to give dime about it
Oh no this can happen faster if Visa to him and his Aamils gets denied by Western countries he will change his tune

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:53 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/boh ... i9ZDJ.html

Bohra leader urging female genital mutilation is ‘huge disappointment’ for India campaign
Rina Chandran, Thomson Reuters Foundation, Mumbai | Updated: Apr 29, 2016 19:48 IST

A speech by the spiritual leader of the Dawoodi Bohra community, in which he appears to be urging followers in India to continue the practice of female genital mutilation (FGM), has angered and upset campaigners trying to end the centuries-old practice.

The audio clip of Syedna Muffadal Saifuddin’s speech at a mosque in Mumbai, has been authenticated by several members of the community. According to a transcript, he said: “The act must be done. It needs to be done discreetly when it is a woman, but it needs to be done.” Calls and e-mails to a spokesman for the Syedna and the administrative office of the leader received no response.A person described as a close friend of the Syedna family told the Times of India newspaper that the remarks were a “general comment” and that people were “interpreting it differently”.

Campaigners in the city spoke out against the speech. “The speech is a huge disappointment for us,” said Masooma Ranalvi, who was cut as a seven-year-old and leads an online petition as part of the ‘Speak Out on FGM’ campaign, which has drawn almost 50,000 signatories, including Mia Farrow, who tweeted her support on Thursday. “Ever since we began the campaign, there has been only silence from the clergy. But now that it’s out in the open, at least there’s no ambiguity about where they stand,” she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
Religious obligation

Little is known about FGM in India where the ritual is carried out in great secrecy by the close-knit Shi’ite Muslim sect thought to number over 1 million. FGM, which can cause serious physical and psychological problems, is more commonly linked to African countries which have led international efforts to end the practice. India is not included on U.N. lists of countries affected by FGM. Campaigners say Dawoodi Bohras are the only Muslim community in South Asia to practise FGM, estimating that up to three quarters of Bohra girls are cut.

Although it is not mentioned in the Koran, the Bohras consider ‘khatna’ - the removal of part of the clitoris - a religious obligation, and debate on the subject has long been taboo.But the practice among Indian Dawoodi Bohras hit the headlines in November when a court in Australia found two members of the diaspora community guilty of cutting two girls. A Bohra religious leader was convicted of being an accessory.
Since then, more than a dozen Bohra communities in Europe and the United States have passed resolutions against the practice. “The strongest form of opposition to khatna is now coming from within the community,” the non-profit group Sahiyo, focused on ending FGM in India, posted on its website on Friday. “Those opposed to the practice have strong reasons for their views.” Campaigners will now focus on petitioning the government, said Ranalvi.

“There is hypocrisy in the clergy’s stance, so the government is the most important route open to us now,” she said. “We need them to step in to protect our girls.”

Saif53

Unread post by Saif53 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:10 am

It is interesting to see these two QUTBI BOHRAS jumping to comment on this thread
Truth-Prevails
think_for_yourself

Since Taher F claims to be the head of his Bohra faction. It would be interesting to hear their stance on this topic and their understanding of the rules mentioned in the book Daim al Islam. Maybe they can publish an article in the papers as well.

Since Taher F claims to be the leader of the Bohras. What is his stance?
After all "Fatemi Dawat" and their leaders claim of complete transparency don't they?

qjbj

Unread post by qjbj » Sun May 01, 2016 8:39 am

It is interesting to see you un-safe53 jump on this thread and try to divert the topic. Don't bring STF into to picture. He did not tell the jamaats to say (in fact issue letters) to stop fgm and then have MS say differently in his speech. Stay on the topic and let MS explain his hypocrisy. This is another example of him not on Haaq. No need to write big blogs and refer to dawaat texts.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun May 01, 2016 8:41 am

No qjbj bhai please don't deny Saif his moment of glory. What other opportunity to show the shaan of his master than write a million word blog singing praises of how his master declared the amal without even mentioning FGM. Just like the fake nass I suppose.

Saif53

Unread post by Saif53 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:29 am

Why so defensive?
I was only reiterating what Ozdundee said earlier, which you'll ignored:
You order me to "Stay on the topic". I am.
The topic reads "Practice Of Female Circumcision Among Bohra Muslims."

Unless Taher claims not to be the leader of his Bohra sect, the questions still stands.

What is Taher's, KQ's FateDawat's position on this subject?

Why so scared? Do I remember seeing some "chicken" icons above?

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:02 am

Saif53 wrote:Why so defensive?
I was only reiterating what Ozdundee said earlier, which you'll ignored:
You order me to "Stay on the topic". I am.
The topic reads "Practice Of Female Circumcision Among Bohra Muslims."

Unless Taher claims not to be the leader of his Bohra sect, the questions still stands.

What is Taher's, KQ's FateDawat's position on this subject?

Why so scared? Do I remember seeing some "chicken" icons above?
Bhai Saif53
as your name and my name Abde53 suggest that we both follow Haqq Na Dai Muffadal Moula TUS but now i am confused, do i follow the local aamil and jamaat about khatna for woman or should i follow what Muqaddas Moula said in his bayan.
Moula also said we should respect the laws of the country we live in but then what happens to my relatives in australia because if they follow Moula's farman of female khatna then they are breaking laws of the land which in against the farman of Moqaddas Moula Muffadal TUS
what do i tell them I am very confused please please Saif53 bhai clear this confusion and save us from Jahannam ni aag and the prison of the local police.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Moula also said we should respect the laws of the country we live in but then what happens to my relatives in australia because if they follow Moula's farman of female khatna then they are breaking laws of the land which in against the farman of Moqaddas Moula Muffadal TUS what do i tell them I am very confused please please Saif53 bhai clear this confusion and save us from Jahannam ni aag and the prison of the local police.
Your Moula is totally confused and talks with FORGED TONGUE. and they you are asking people like Saif53 aka Adam to explain they will create more confusion as they themselves are not clear what their Moula wants or thinks and talks?

Zali110

Unread post by Zali110 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:05 pm

http://www.anvermanatunga.net/english/f ... f-hussein/

How Misogynists and Feminists are feeding upon each other to denigrate an Islamic practice that brings untold benefits to women -The inspiration for writing on this touchy topic arose at a recent week-long workshop held by an international Muslim women‘s rights organisation in Kandy which I had the fortune of attending thanks to its local organisers. This group had a lot of nice things to say about women‘s rights in Islam and I must say I agreed with much of it, like the rights of Muslim women to enter into marriage with their free consent and even contract marriages on their own accord or their rights to divorce or pre-nuptial agreements to safeguard their freedoms, all well and good, because Islam concedes all these rights to women, on which topics I too have written extensively.

But there was one topic I begged to differ when they brought up the matter, and that was female circumcision. They asked us to discuss a recent Fatwa issued by Malaysia‘s National Council for Islamic Religious Affairs in 2009 that declared that the practice was mandatory for Muslim women. They expected us to rip it to pieces, but I differed. Why, because I could not find anything objectionable in it. Reading it carefully, I noticed that those who had drafted it were not at all motivated by a negative attitude towards women‘s rights. Rather it clearly stated that all forms of FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) found by the WHO to be harmful to women such as clitoridectomy (removal of the clitoris) and infibulation (a still more barbaric practice where the female‘s external genitalia including the labia minora and clitoris are removed and stitched) were against the Shariah. But it made an exception, stating that all that was necessary in the case of women was to remove the skin covering the clitoris, which it declared to be obligatory, pointing out that a majority of the classical scholars of Islam including Imam Shafi and Imam Hanbali thought it to be so..........

- See more at: http://www.anvermanatunga.net/english/f ... 8bzmn.dpuf

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Tue May 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Interesting article and presents a good reasoned argument. Looks like SMS is vindicated in his stance even though he did not state it explicitly.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed May 04, 2016 3:15 am

Muslim leader under fire over female genital mutilation

MUMBAI, April 30, (RTRS): The leader of the only South Asian Muslim community known to practise female genital mutilation (FGM) came under criticism on Friday by campaigers who accused him of urging followers to continue the centuries-old custom. Little is known about FGM in India, where it is carried out in great secrecy by the close-knit Dawoodi Bohra community, a Shi’ite Muslim sect thought to number over 1 million that considers the practice to be a religious obligation.

An audio clip of Syedna Muffadal Saifuddin’s speech at a mosque in Mumbai, has been authenticated by several members of the community. According to a transcript, he said: “The act must be done. It needs to be done discreetly when it is a woman, but it needs to be done.” Calls and e-mails to a spokesman for the Syedna and the leader’s administrative office received no response. “The speech is a huge disappointment for us,” said Masooma Ranalvi, who was cut as a sevenyear- old and leads an online petition as part of the ‘Speak Out on FGM’ campaign, which has drawn almost 50,000 signatories, including Mia Farrow, who tweeted her support on Thursday. “Ever since we began the campaign, there has been only silence from the clergy. But now that it’s out in the open, at least there’s no ambiguity about where they stand,” she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Remarks
A person described as a close friend of the Syedna family told the Times of India newspaper that the remarks were a “general comment” and that people were “interpreting it differently”. FGM, which can cause serious physical and psychological problems, is more commonly linked to African countries which have led international efforts to end the practice. India is not included on UN lists of countries affected by FGM. Campaigners estimate that up to three quarters of Bohra girls are cut.

Although it is not mentioned in the Holy Quran, the Bohras consider ‘khatna’ — the removal of part of the clitoris — to be part of their religious duty, and debate on the subject has long been taboo. But the practice among Indian Dawoodi Bohras hit the headlines in November when a court in Australia found two members of the diaspora community guilty of cutting two girls. A Bohra religious leader was convicted of being an accessory.

Since then, more than a dozen Bohra communities in Europe and the United States have passed resolutions against the practice. “Why should girls in some parts of the world be spared from circumcision, while girls in other countries continue to be cut?” the non-profit group Sahiyo, which aims to end FGM in India, posted on its website on Friday. “The strongest form of opposition to khatna is now coming from within the community.” Campaigners will now focus on petitioning the government while still working with the community, said Ranalvi. “There is hypocrisy in the clergy’s stance, so the government is the most important route open to us now,” she said. “We need them to step in to protect our girls.”

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/mus ... utilation/

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Wed May 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Not only ladies from Dawoodi Bohra but also ladies from other Muslim sector are fighting for their human rights.

MUSLIM WOMEN WANT TO TAKE THE LAW TO COURT

Trupti Desai may be garnering the headlines over Haji Ali, but for Nasreen Contractor, founder of Haji Ali for Everybody, it is an old battle, fought the hard way - through the Indian judiciary. Her PIL filed in November 2012 asking for access for women to the dargah's mazaar, is still pending in the Bombay High Court.

Even as the case wends its way through the legal system, Contractor and a growing cohort of activists are not sitting quietly but questioning regressive interpretations of the Quran that are entrenched in Muslim Family Law, and in socially-sanctioned practices to maintain a patriarchal status quo. "Earlier, when you would approach a Muslim woman to speak up, the commonest answer would be, 'I am not allowed'. But now, they think, ask around and find support in women like them," said Mariam Dhawale, state president, All India Democratic Association (AIDA). AIDA has over 1.25 crore women members, of which 20 per cent are Muslim.

More women are raising their voices, calling for bans on triple talaq, where a man can legally divorce his wife by saying talaq; halala, where a woman cannot remarry a divorced husband unless she has intercourse with another man; child marriage, since the legal marriageable age is the onset of puberty; and gendered polygamy, where men are allowed to marry four times but not women.

The Bhartiya Mahila Muslim Andolan (BMMA) been agitating for major modifications to the Muslim Family Law since 2014 and has presented a draft bill to the centre, though the process has stalled there. "With the codification, there will be a tab on age of marriage. Consent for marriage, custody of children, polygamy and maintenance will all get streamlined," said Noorjehan Safia Niaz, cofounder of BMMA. Niaz maintains that Muslim women have been denied their Quranic rights as well as their rights as equal Indian citizens. The codification of Muslim law will address this by creating clear-cut clauses - as has been done for Hindu and Christian laws. At present, these matters are all left to clerics to adjudicate.

Globally, countries with a significant Muslim population such as Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and even neighbouring Bangladesh and Pakistan have codified laws.

While the codification may take time, Muslim women are demanding a quick ban on or triple talaq and polygamy. "Both these practices are not in the Quran. They are a part of the community but not a part of the religious text," said Niaz. The central government has appointed a high level committee to look into the practices spurred by 35-year-old Shayar Banu's Supreme Court case - she is the first Indian Muslim woman to challenge the law saying it violates her fundamental rights.

Increased awareness and more support has meant a larger push for change. "Women in the community talk about what has been troubling them for decades. They realise that backward ideas prevented their growth," said Dhawale. However, there are still many hurdles. "The pressure is both from within the community, as well as Hindutva groups. Often, they are branded non-religious," said Contractor. "Despite the difficulties, Muslim women are definitely speaking up. The hope is from the government now."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/othe ... 107714.cms

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Wed May 04, 2016 3:53 pm

"Can Brutality be God’s Will? Bohra Cleric Syedna Favours FGM"

http://www.thequint.com/women/2016/05/0 ... ort-of-fgm

Sorry. This has already posted here.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Thu May 05, 2016 7:02 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vm8CoOGj0 ... ch_actions

Bohra chief Priest Syedna Mufaddal is very angry on female Khatna Issue. He says “Amal to thavu j joiye . ? () , (fornication) . .
He is criticizing current agitation against female Khatna or FGM/FGC; the back ally surgical procedure when unqualified women forcibly cut clitoris 5 to 7-year-old Bohra baby girls. This ghastly act kills the sexual urges from Bohra girls for lifetime. Bohra girls are deprived of God given sexual pleasure of married life. Last month town administrating body, with not decision power, had published directive agins FMG or female Khatna in Australia and England. Both countries has strict laws against the practice; In Australia a local Bohra priest, girl’s mother, and a Bohra pharmacist, who performed Khatna, were jailed.
Bohra chief pries says in this video, western society is trying to give us lessons on morality!! They should fix their alcohol consumption and other evils first before lecturing us.
I think Chief priest’s criticism is totally invalid. Among Bohras, practice of clitoris cutting called Khatna, is forcibly performed on an innocent child, who has not consented for the procedure that would paralyze her sexually for the rest of her life. In western society freedom, love, and pursuit of happiness in this world is most important. No one, however high, is allowed force his beliefs on others. This chief priest though criticizes western society, bends backward meeting western dignitaries, even a town mayor.
This Bohra priest wants his followers to be robots: Uth to uth beth to beth (). Bohras are asked to call themselves as slaves of the Chief priest; because, only on his recommendation Bohras can enter paradise and that the priest has flocks of Farishta (angels) ready to serve him. Bohras, many of whom are highly educated, believe this humbug.
The leaking above sermon audio of the Khatna, is a sign of deep cracks in the high priests echelons. The fact that it leaked from a Zikra Majlis, the most tightly controlled gathering of supposedly the most elite and ardent followers, is very problematic for Bohra chief Priest Syedna Mufaddal. This is the one Waez (Sermon) that was not relayed worldwide. Despite numerous strict Farman, prohibiting the leak of Priest related media, this video leaked out and has caused him great discomfort, at the minimum. It would seem that the most ardent are not so ardent any more.
Please cut paste in your browser this link and sign the petition:
Stop the barbaric genital mutilation of young girls (Ladkiyon par khatna)

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Fri May 06, 2016 8:30 am

Muffadal is bigot.!!!

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 am

So called Proggies on this forum are also bigots

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri May 06, 2016 5:08 pm

HH Syedna: Stop the barbaric genital mutilation of young girls (Ladkiyon par khatna)

Sign this petition

Imagine you’re a 5-year-old girl. You’re taken by your mother and family members you trust to meet a doctor. They hold your arms and legs so you don’t struggle. Then they take a blade and cut your genitals.

This barbaric practice of female genital mutilation is still being practiced in India. Sadly, by the otherwise very progressive community of Bohras.

Some girls get away with a poke or a prick but some girls get complete clitoris removal which gives them severe urinary, menstrual and sex-related problems.

A girl's clitoris hood is cut off -without anesthesia in most cases. They claim that this is done for hygiene purposes, that is not true, this is just a cruel way to keep women’s sexual desires subdued!

His Holiness HH Syedna, the spiritual leader of the Bohra community can put an end to this practice.

Female circumcision is NOT Islamic - it is an African ritual which only the Bohras follow in the subcontinent. It is cruel, excruciatingly painful and inhuman.

Nigeria just outlawed the practice after women around the world raised their voice and demanded an end to it.
Such a barbaric ritual has no place in a progressive community like the Bohras. So we pray to His Holiness to stop this misogynist ritual.

His one word can save millions of little young girls.

This petition will be delivered to:
H.H. Dr Syedna

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-barba ... dium=email

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 pm

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/R ... 168301.cms
Rival Syedna takes stand against ‘khatna’
Mohua Das | TNN | 21 mins ago
WhatsappFacebookGoogle PlusTwitterEmailLinkedinSMS
At a time when women from the Dawoodi Bohra community have been rallying support against female genital mutilation (FGM), hoping to get authorities to ban this centuries-old practice that young girls of the Shia Muslim sect are still made to undergo, they may have found an ear.
Rival Syedna Taher Fakhruddin on Saturday issued a statement exclusively to TOI condemning FGM and calling it "an un-Islamic and horrific practice."
The rival Syedna's office stated that he was forced to take a public stand after several women from the community brought to his notice the trauma young girls undergo when circumcision is carried out in an "irregular and improper fashion". Taher Fakhruddin is a claimant to the position of 54th Da'i al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohras.
Recently an audio clip of the 53rd Da'i al-Mutlaq or the current Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin's sermon at the Saifee Masjid where he made indirect references to the act of 'khatna' and urged people to continue with the act was heavily circulated and discussed within the community. Syedna Saifuddin's sources, however, remained unavailable for comment.
In his statement, the rival Syedna says, "In view of the trauma that many girls undergo when this procedure is carried out, and in keeping with the law of the land, khafz (khatna) of girls should only be allowed after they attain legal adulthood, after which they are free to make their individual decision whether to do the medically, legally and religiously sanctioned CDH or CHR procedures (analogous to khafz)."
He also claims that CDH (clitoral de-hooding) or CHR (clitoral hood reduction) are procedures that are "in line with the faith tradition which says that if the procedure is done, it should not be done when the girl is a minor."
Clinically, clitoral de-hooding is a minor genital surgical procedure to remove excess prepuce tissue or reduce the skin overhanging the clitoris to heighten sexual experience. This theory contradicts that offered by those favouring FGM who describe it as a means to curb sexual desire.
"The Syedna was concerned because this issue is affecting the community, the children and people's faith in tradition. He wanted to put things in perspective in order to protect the girl child and maintain the sanctity of the faith, both while keeping in mind the law of the land," explained Abdeali Qutbuddin, brother of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Sat May 07, 2016 8:46 pm

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumbai/R ... 168301.cms
Rival Syedna takes stand against ‘khatna’
Mohua Das | TNN | 21 mins ago
WhatsappFacebookGoogle PlusTwitterEmailLinkedinSMS
At a time when women from the Dawoodi Bohra community have been rallying support against female genital mutilation (FGM), hoping to get authorities to ban this centuries-old practice that young girls of the Shia Muslim sect are still made to undergo, they may have found an ear.
Rival Syedna Taher Fakhruddin on Saturday issued a statement exclusively to TOI condemning FGM and calling it "an un-Islamic and horrific practice."
The rival Syedna's office stated that he was forced to take a public stand after several women from the community brought to his notice the trauma young girls undergo when circumcision is carried out in an "irregular and improper fashion". Taher Fakhruddin is a claimant to the position of 54th Da'i al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohras.
Recently an audio clip of the 53rd Da'i al-Mutlaq or the current Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin's sermon at the Saifee Masjid where he made indirect references to the act of 'khatna' and urged people to continue with the act was heavily circulated and discussed within the community. Syedna Saifuddin's sources, however, remained unavailable for comment.
In his statement, the rival Syedna says, "In view of the trauma that many girls undergo when this procedure is carried out, and in keeping with the law of the land, khafz (khatna) of girls should only be allowed after they attain legal adulthood, after which they are free to make their individual decision whether to do the medically, legally and religiously sanctioned CDH or CHR procedures (analogous to khafz)."
He also claims that CDH (clitoral de-hooding) or CHR (clitoral hood reduction) are procedures that are "in line with the faith tradition which says that if the procedure is done, it should not be done when the girl is a minor."
Clinically, clitoral de-hooding is a minor genital surgical procedure to remove excess prepuce tissue or reduce the skin overhanging the clitoris to heighten sexual experience. This theory contradicts that offered by those favouring FGM who describe it as a means to curb sexual desire.
"The Syedna was concerned because this issue is affecting the community, the children and people's faith in tradition. He wanted to put things in perspective in order to protect the girl child and maintain the sanctity of the faith, both while keeping in mind the law of the land," explained Abdeali Qutbuddin, brother of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Clarity and brevity as expected. STF once again seems to have come out ahead on this. He condemned FGM, clarified what the correct procedure is and then made it completely legal by advising that women wait until adulthood to get it done, IF they wish to get it done - after weighing the risks and benefits - presumably. How perfect is that!