looking for ex bohra who turned to shia islam

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al-Noor

looking for ex bohra who turned to shia islam

Unread post by Al-Noor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:23 am

Bismillah...

any reader here left bohra fold to join shia ithna asharis? would like to hear your experience and how you cope up with your abde relatives and how was their reaction and how you dealt with them? and how is your life better now? (which is obvious)

Al-Noor

Re: looking for ex bohra who turned to shia islam

Unread post by Al-Noor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:33 am

I personally think this is high time to leave this bohra shiit and join main stream shia itha asharif, just like how few ismaili left agha khani and they formed their own jamaat which is not called khoja jamat. (baar(12) bhai jamaat)

progressive failed miserable in all these years because the logic is flawed they want to remain bohra yet dont want to follow the dai so it is obvious it wont work as the principle it self is flawed.

KQ and muffy are chor kaa bhai ghanti chor and they are busy in their own business marketing, now those who wants religion has two options either join shia to sunni and move on from this shiit of lies.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:40 am

looks like even KQ daughter is proud to be part of shiaa than bohra institutes, in fact so proud they published it on their webiste

Shehzadi Dr. Tahera Baisaheba Awarded Fellowship of the Shi’ah Institute

http://www.fatemidawat.com/news/events/ ... itute.html

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:01 am

Al-Noor wrote:looks like even KQ daughter is proud to be part of shiaa than bohra institutes, in fact so proud they published it on their webiste

Why you wanted to join any fold...just be a puous muslim...attend any musjid sunni or shia or bohri...learn all actions of prayers if you are with sunni jamaat or shia jammat while praying...learn how to pray jummah salat as bohris do not read jummah salat and read normal prayers...be a non secterian...and life will be more better...remove the tag of shia sunni bohra memon aga khani salafi..hanbali shafi Maliki zaidi etc learn quran and act acordingly... just my two cents

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 am

Dumbledore wrote:
Al-Noor wrote:looks like even KQ daughter is proud to be part of shiaa than bohra institutes, in fact so proud they published it on their webiste

Why you wanted to join any fold...just be a puous muslim...attend any musjid sunni or shia or bohri...learn all actions of prayers if you are with sunni jamaat or shia jammat while praying...learn how to pray jummah salat as bohris do not read jummah salat and read normal prayers...be a non secterian...and life will be more better...remove the tag of shia sunni bohra memon aga khani salafi..hanbali shafi Maliki zaidi etc learn quran and act acordingly... just my two cents
Alhumdolilllah Imaan is not dependent on which fold we belong, but the sense community is important for family and children so that they can get get involve in social programs. but there should not be compulsion the way bohras have. bohras have taken this community sense to a different level.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:52 am

Al-Noor wrote:Bismillah...

any reader here left bohra fold to join shia ithna asharis? would like to hear your experience and how you cope up with your abde relatives and how was their reaction and how you dealt with them? and how is your life better now? (which is obvious)
Al-Noor..
Since childhood, I felt, I was not "sheeple" like the rest of bohra kids. I knew in my heart, what they were teaching me was not for me.. As I grew older I choose to live my life without mangling to much with this sect and came across this site :D ..

After that I took a stand with my family and my abde relatives. At first, they tried to isolate and ignore me. I felt lonely, bitter and anger how life had turned out..
How could my loved ones do this to me, just because I didn't follow, speak, dress or look like them? But I never lost faith in what I stood for and kept a steady course.. And as time has gone by, some have come around and have started to accept that nothing is going to change my opinion about this community and there religious beliefs.. Allah has given me freewill to make my own choice and none of this fanatics are ever going get the power to ride on it..

Today, I'm successfully in my own way and thankful that I got to see and feel what a religious sect can do to one. This has given me insight in human nature and how it can alter ones "mind".. I dont keep a beard and even when I travel, I dont grow one. I refused to pay any money to this community, but my parents pay for me so I can stay in..
Im free for all the problems I read on this forum and what others bohras think of me, doesn't bother me a bit..

All those who are come here to venture for change in their community, are fighting a lost battle..
What has the history of progress Bohras taught us?
You can't change Shiiit!!
But you can surely change yourself and become free from all is burden..
Go were you are celebrate not merely tolerated..

Growth is painful..
Change is painful..
But nothing is as painful as staying "stuck" somewhere you dont belong..

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:04 am

I don't think reformist/reformist minded abdes are losing the battle. Infact, all that is posted n discussed here is finding its way to whatsapp messages that makes the clergy uncomfortable... It is now comfortably assumed/believed that kothar people might be monitoring this site. The recent fostership scheme n the subsequent publicity shows the desperation and feeling of vulneability amongst the bohra clergy thats making them do all this!
Conscíous wrote:

Al-Noor..
Since childhood, I felt, I was not "sheeple" like the rest of bohra kids. I knew in my heart, what they were teaching me was not for me.. As I grew older I choose to live my life without mangling to much with this sect and came across this site :D ..

After that I took a stand with my family and my abde relatives. At first, they tried to isolate and ignore me. I felt lonely, bitter and anger how life had turned out..
How could my loved ones do this to me, just because I didn't follow, speak, dress or look like them? But I never lost faith in what I stood for and kept a steady course.. And as time has gone by, some have come around and have started to accept that nothing is going to change my opinion about this community and there religious beliefs.. Allah has given me freewill to make my own choice and none of this fanatics are ever going get the power to ride on it..

Today, I'm successfully in my own way and thankful that I got to see and feel what a religious sect can do to one. This has given me insight in human nature and how it can alter ones "mind".. I dont keep a beard and even when I travel, I dont grow one. I refused to pay any money to this community, but my parents pay for me so I can stay in..
Im free for all the problems I read on this forum and what others bohras think of me, doesn't bother me a bit..

All those who are come here to venture for change in their community, are fighting a lost battle..
What has the history of progress Bohras taught us?
You can't change Shiiit!!
But you can surely change yourself and become free from all is burden..
Go were you are celebrate not merely tolerated..

Growth is painful..
Change is painful..
But nothing is as painful as staying "stuck" somewhere you dont belong..

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:19 am

@Concious

sorry to ask personal question but are you married and have kids? because that makes a lot of difference in our thinking.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:47 pm

even muffy is flexing out. watch the video on whatsup. Muffy is doing matam in Iraq with a non bohra marsia group. This was unheard of. The only time matam was done was with bohra party marsia and with raza of the amil or whoever is presiding. Now even in London masjid a non bohra marsia guy was invited by joker to recite marsia. I do not recall t the name of this guy at this time. He is very popular marsia singer and comes from Karachi.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:51 pm

I do not recall t the name of this guy at this time. He is very popular marsia singer and comes from Karachi.
Br think Are you referring to Nadeem Sarwar?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:53 pm

dawedaar wrote:I don't think reformist/reformist minded abdes are losing the battle. Infact, all that is posted n discussed here is finding its way to whatsapp messages that makes the clergy uncomfortable... It is now comfortably assumed/believed that kothar people might be monitoring this site. The recent fostership scheme n the subsequent publicity shows the desperation and feeling of vulneability amongst the bohra clergy thats making them do all this!
Br dawedaar,,
What you think and what the reality is two different things.. The fact is, everything is getting much worse for the common man and I'm not going to even start regurgitate.. The kothar has been monitoring this site for ages so that is nothing new. And helping a few, while robbing the rest of the community isn't new also. Throwing a few breadcrumbs is not change.. its all for publicity.. This religion is theirs and they own and rule everything and everyone..
I'm sure you have read about the reformist whom have taken the Dai to count, they have protested, given lecture, written countless books and have good contacts within the government..
Where are those people today?
What have they achieved?
Have they bought any change to the community?
Have they changed Dai or kothars behaviour?

Do you really think technology is going to bring change?
Just because people are getting 20 messages daily on there smart phone, you think this is going to bring change?

I sorry to say this, but you will go to your grave with the same dreams like many reformist!!
You will parish and this sect will keep on living..
Their children will still be going to the best university and live a life in opulence and there is nothing anyone can do about it is the reality..

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Al-Noor wrote:@Concious

sorry to ask personal question but are you married and have kids? because that makes a lot of difference in our thinking.
Br Al-Noor,,
Their is strength in being alone and their is strength in having to care for the future for your family.. The choice is yours!! Just to be part of a community and turning your children into slaves is not fatherly.. But I understand why people are having difficultly to move on and leave this community behind.. They have been turned into good slaves.. Giving freedom to a slave who doesn't no anything about the outside world, will choose to stay in captivity.. And this is the mentality of the abde.. They think its good in slavery and are hoping that the master is going to change..

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:44 pm

What Bro Conscious is say is this:

" The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security". John Passmore, Australian Philosopher

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:29 pm

You asked, have they brought any change to the community? What have they achieved
Yes, they have achieved a lot. I was once a die hard abde, crazy after Maula... But since I started reading this forum, my eyes got opened... Now, I don't give a damn to what is being said in jamaat.. I hardly pay any money.. (Regular, salam, najwa, hub, qardan etc) which I used to pay earlier... There could be many like me. This website is exposing various events and issues within the community which otherwise would never have been reported to the masses.

If you see, the Australian court case on FGM was started after an anonymous tip by a reformist bohra! FGM issue has become a big thing with Sydney and London banning female khatna or khafd.. In India too, few people are fighting for it after encouragement from Sydney case.

You asked,Have they changed Dai or kothars behaviour?
Absolutely, it can be easily seen in how abde events are being reported. Ziyafat sharaf has been replaced with just sharaf on news reports on abde websites like zeninfosys. A long standing point of discussion on this forum has been upliftment of needy and poor. Now, this fostership thing has come out.

Just because people are getting 20 messages daily on there smart phone, you think this is going to bring change?

Change is a slow and painful process. And speaking of technology, let us look at this -> https://www.change.org/p/end-female-gen ... n-in-india People are speaking this on facebook and other social media and it is getting lot of attention. This would never be possible without internet and social media technology! The Kothar had to bow down to rules and laws and change female khatna diktats in London & Sydney which has never happened before!

Conscíous wrote:
dawedaar wrote:I don't think reformist/reformist minded abdes are losing the battle. Infact, all that is posted n discussed here is finding its way to whatsapp messages that makes the clergy uncomfortable... It is now comfortably assumed/believed that kothar people might be monitoring this site. The recent fostership scheme n the subsequent publicity shows the desperation and feeling of vulneability amongst the bohra clergy thats making them do all this!
Br dawedaar,,
What you think and what the reality is two different things.. The fact is, everything is getting much worse for the common man and I'm not going to even start regurgitate.. The kothar has been monitoring this site for ages so that is nothing new. And helping a few, while robbing the rest of the community isn't new also. Throwing a few breadcrumbs is not change.. its all for publicity.. This religion is theirs and they own and rule everything and everyone..
I'm sure you have read about the reformist whom have taken the Dai to count, they have protested, given lecture, written countless books and have good contacts within the government..
What have they achieved?
Have they changed Dai or kothars behaviour?

I sorry to say this, but you will go to your grave with the same dreams like many reformist!!
You will parish and this sect will keep on living..
Their children will still be going to the best university and live a life in opulence and there is nothing anyone can do about it is the reality..

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:56 am

Br dawedaar,,
I agree with you about this forum, which is helping those who want to seek for answers but this is on a individual level but its hasn't managed to change the religious practices and lifestyle of the Dai. They have in fact become more worst then ever before and the proof is allover this forum.. Its one thing to (send whatsup messages) hand down knowledge and informasjon and its totally different when you seek for it..
The kothars are not stupid people.. they to are customising according to the environment.. finding new practices and new ways to suck more money.. The greed has not stopped..
FGM was not bought into public forum by reformist, but by a human rights activist. FGM has come to light because of the laws in those country not because of technology.. In the western world, they are very sceptic about Islam so this was bound to happened. The poor clergies are just following the master and doing what they are taught..

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 am

Conscíous wrote:
What have they achieved?
it has atleast changed the thought process of some.
that itself is an achivement

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:21 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote: it has atleast changed the thought process of some.
that itself is an achivement
For sure.. on a micro level..

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:48 am

Conscíous wrote:Where are those people today?
What have they achieved?
Yes they have.

upto about 4 years ago, i would have viewed the actions of Mufaddal Maula and his whole "fostership" initiative with awe. today i know better. i laugh now when i read of his endeavours.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 am

I was going through some old post on this forum and I must agree on few post which says when you leave bohra fold and join shia then again you are joining some group of people and again there will be community based problems/kabrestan problem/jamaat problem, now to avoid all this all together best will be to join the main stream muslims who are every where and there is no restriction of any kind on their masjid or any thing else and no fear of moronic clergy sitting on your head and dictating you to behave on their terms and not on the terms of ISLAM...

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Just to make myself a little more clear.. Those reformist who started this movement have achieved in freeing our mental captivity ..
They have helped us as individual by sharing there vast knowledge in Islam and bohra history..
People like Asghar Ali Engineer and S. Insaf have given us insight, how it was before this corrupt Dai´s came in place..
But there main aim was to bring change at the collective level.. To change the anti islamic practices and rituals by the Dai and kothar which they failed.
And thats what I meant, when I said, "All those who are coming here to venture for change in their community, are fighting a lost battle"..

We might win a few hearts here and there, but we'll never ably to bring the change we all are hoping for :(

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Conscíous"

We might win a few hearts here and there, but we'll never ably to bring the change we all are hoping for :(
well I have to agree with you here....if Imam comes tomorrow (Ameen) muffy and KQ will reject him and his fan club boys abdes and amtes will baraat on him...nauzobillah.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Conscíous wrote:Just to make myself a little more clear.. Those reformist who started this movement have achieved in freeing our mental captivity ..
They have helped us as individual by sharing there vast knowledge in Islam and bohra history..
People like Asghar Ali Engineer and S. Insaf have given us insight, how it was before this corrupt Dai´s came in place..
But there main aim was to bring change at the collective level.. To change the anti islamic practices and rituals by the Dai and kothar which they failed.
And thats what I meant, when I said, "All those who are coming here to venture for change in their community, are fighting a lost battle"..

as much as i would like to agree with you, i will beg to differ.

over the last 2 years, we convinced, at last count, 3 people to not give ziafats but donate the money during Ramzan.

I know in the larger framework of things, we have achieved nothing, but... boond boond se banta hain saagar (single drops make an ocean)

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Conscíous wrote:Just to make myself a little more clear.. Those reformist who started this movement have achieved in freeing our mental captivity ..

I've said this a hundred times, it is wrong to expect a handful of reformists to bring change. As you all of have testified, we have brought knowledge, information and ideas of religion and reform to the public domain, we have shown what is possible and how it can be done. But the responsibility of actual change from jamat to jamat, city to city does not lie with reformists. The failure of change should not be laid at the door of reformists. Unless people rise en mass and challenge the mafia clergy nothing much is going to happen. This forum and website and other outlets on social media will continue to change mindsets and challenge the clergy but unless we all act how can we expect change. It will not happen by itself. Those who demand change and are disappointed by the lack of results must ask themselves what have they done to make change happen. They ought to ask this question before they start throwing blame around. And those who have left the fold may have a good reason to do so, but the bottom line is abandoning the community is not the solution. Injustice must be fought - from the inside and outside. Progress is inevitably slow but we have to persevere, keep at it, year after year, generation after generation...
As Faiz said:
Dil Na-Ummeed To Nahi, Na-Kaam Hi To Hai
Lambi Hai Gham Ki Shaam, Magar Shaam Hi To Hai'

Siddiqua

Unread post by Siddiqua » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Those lustful hedonist who want legal prostitution (muta) only joins Ithna a sheri sect.

Further there are many sub-sects in Ithna you will join which one?

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Siddiqua wrote:

Those lustful hedonist who want legal prostitution (muta) only joins Ithna a sheri sect.

so ithaa asharis is all about muta?

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Have you heard of the saying, 'The grass is always greener on the other side'?
Al-Noor wrote:I personally think this is high time to leave this bohra shiit and join main stream shia itha asharif, just like how few ismaili left agha khani and they formed their own jamaat which is not called khoja jamat. (baar(12) bhai jamaat)

progressive failed miserable in all these years because the logic is flawed they want to remain bohra yet dont want to follow the dai so it is obvious it wont work as the principle it self is flawed.

KQ and muffy are chor kaa bhai ghanti chor and they are busy in their own business marketing, now those who wants religion has two options either join shia to sunni and move on from this shiit of lies.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Humsafar wrote: I've said this a hundred times, it is wrong to expect a handful of reformists to bring change. As you all of have testified, we have brought knowledge, information and ideas of religion and reform to the public domain, we have shown what is possible and how it can be done. But the responsibility of actual change from jamat to jamat, city to city does not lie with reformists. The failure of change should not be laid at the door of reformists. Unless people rise en mass and challenge the mafia clergy nothing much is going to happen. This forum and website and other outlets on social media will continue to change mindsets and challenge the clergy but unless we all act how can we expect change. It will not happen by itself. Those who demand change and are disappointed by the lack of results must ask themselves what have they done to make change happen. They ought to ask this question before they start throwing blame around. And those who have left the fold may have a good reason to do so, but the bottom line is abandoning the community is not the solution. Injustice must be fought - from the inside and outside. Progress is inevitably slow but we have to persevere, keep at it, year after year, generation after generation...
As Faiz said:
Br Humsafar,,
To try and fight this sect is like picking a fight against a powerful stat.. They control all aspects of our life.. Your name, your education, your diet, your marriage, your community, your incoming, your culture, your family, your friends, your leisure time, your faith and your belief system.. Just like the communist did one time ago.. ( By the way, communism is alive and thriving in new Russia)

And you no all to well, what happens to those who try to revolt.. They will isolate you and those around you will also pay a heave price..
We all thought when there was unrest in the "royal family" we might see change.. what happened? Just a lot of noise by a group of people and we are back to the same old ways and some will even argue its gotten worst..
Not all wars are ment to be fought and this is one of them.

I dont care if they are living in big palaces or there children are going to the best schools and university in the world.. As long as they not doing it with my money it doesn't bother me.. There are corrupt people on every corner and its not my jobb to bring justice.. And I think the best way is to not supporting them by leaving the fold.. Just imagine if everyone left,,, who are they going to rob??

I know, our identity is embedded by our surroundings which is our community and culture .. and that lost of identity is the most difficult to swallow.
Its better to cut your loose while one has the energy .. Instead of getting old and bitter at how life has turned out..
I believe its better to take that battle alone and give your children a fresh start.. That will spare the coming generation for many physiological problems..

I guess this is my way of protesting in a peaceful way, by showing that Im not going to take part in their way of life by leaving..

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Siddiqua wrote:

Gabhrake log yu kehte Hai ke marjayege,
Gar marke bhi chain na pada to kidhar jayenge?

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 am

Conscíous wrote:
Humsafar wrote: I've said this a hundred times, it is wrong to expect a handful of reformists to bring change. As you all of have testified, we have brought knowledge, information and ideas of religion and reform to the public domain, we have shown what is possible and how it can be done. But the responsibility of actual change from jamat to jamat, city to city does not lie with reformists. The failure of change should not be laid at the door of reformists. Unless people rise en mass and challenge the mafia clergy nothing much is going to happen. This forum and website and other outlets on social media will continue to change mindsets and challenge the clergy but unless we all act how can we expect change. It will not happen by itself. Those who demand change and are disappointed by the lack of results must ask themselves what have they done to make change happen. They ought to ask this question before they start throwing blame around. And those who have left the fold may have a good reason to do so, but the bottom line is abandoning the community is not the solution. Injustice must be fought - from the inside and outside. Progress is inevitably slow but we have to persevere, keep at it, year after year, generation after generation...
As Faiz said:
Br Humsafar,,
To try and fight this sect is like picking a fight against a powerful stat.. They control all aspects of our life.. Your name, your education, your diet, your marriage, your community, your incoming, your culture, your family, your friends, your leisure time, your faith and your belief system.. Just like the communist did one time ago.. ( By the way, communism is alive and thriving in new Russia)

And you no all to well, what happens to those who try to revolt.. They will isolate you and those around you will also pay a heave price..
We all thought when there was unrest in the "royal family" we might see change.. what happened? Just a lot of noise by a group of people and we are back to the same old ways and some will even argue its gotten worst..
Not all wars are ment to be fought and this is one of them.

I dont care if they are living in big palaces or there children are going to the best schools and university in the world.. As long as they not doing it with my money it doesn't bother me.. There are corrupt people on every corner and its not my jobb to bring justice.. And I think the best way is to not supporting them by leaving the fold.. Just imagine if everyone left,,, who are they going to rob??

I know, our identity is embedded by our surroundings which is our community and culture .. and that lost of identity is the most difficult to swallow.
Its better to cut your loose while one has the energy .. Instead of getting old and bitter at how life has turned out..
I believe its better to take that battle alone and give your children a fresh start.. That will spare the coming generation for many physiological problems..

I guess this is my way of protesting in a peaceful way, by showing that Im not going to take part in their way of life by leaving..
Agree with you 100%, best is to keep new generation away from this madness and dont even let them fall into this pit, it is impossible to change people within community because the chakravyu they have made in 200 years by keeping people away from Quran and truth is now very strong and it will need some miracle to break this chakravyu.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:22 am

I am trying my best to keep my kids away from this madness....fortunately my wife is with me so its becoming easy for me, but yet pressure from her family and mine family is enormous, I feel those who live in INDIA cant handle this pressure and this is why they let go every thing.