Maharashtra: Fadnavis’s New Bill On Social Boycott Is Most Welcomed

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
hc

Maharashtra: Fadnavis’s New Bill On Social Boycott Is Most Welcomed

Unread post by hc » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:53 pm

http://thelogicalindian.com/news/mahara ... good-move/

Anti – Social Boycott Bill

What is the social boycott scenario in Maharashtra?
The practice of social boycott of a person or group of persons, and their family members, still continues in various parts of the state. The social boycott is practised at the behest of a ‘Caste Panchayat’ at the community level that regulates its various practices, the personal and social behaviour of the members and resolves disputes by issuing written or oral dictum. There have been instances where village communities have enforced dress codes barring women from wearing jeans, or have banned people from places of worship.

What does the bill intend to do?

Chief Minister Mr Fadnavis had said “The bill aims to root out evil, outdated and unconstitutional practices of Caste Panchayats, Gavki, Community Panchayats, etc,”
The bill has said “If any individual or group in an organised manner commits acts like denying members of his community access to places of worship, interferes in inter-caste marriages or compels him/her on dress code, footwear shall be deemed to have imposed social boycott,” .Prohibiting people from visiting burial grounds or other institutions used by a community would also be considered a serious offence.

Time bound verdict
The Bill provides the victims to file a complaint before the magistrate and the verdict should be out within six months

Penalty
1.) The punishment for such acts will be categorised as per the nature of the crime and can include a prison sentence up to seven years and fine up to Rs 5 lakh
2.) Preventing individuals/groups from interacting in society or making attempts to socially isolate them would invite strict punishment as it would be an act of crime.

The Logical Indian community applauds the Maharashtra government for taking this bold and necessary step that could go a long way in abolishing social boycott and anti-constitutional practices. We request other state governments where such a law is not present to take it up and implement it effectively.

Tayyeb

Re: Maharashtra: Fadnavis’s New Bill On Social Boycott Is Most Welcomed

Unread post by Tayyeb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:04 am

Salam brother,

can you please explain how would this law implicate on bohra world.

lets say Muhammed is bohra but now dont follow MS but he wants to go bohra masjid and use markaz to organize some jaman, he has to pay sabil and can use masjid and markaz? and no one can stop him? am I getting it correct?

hc

Unread post by hc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:13 am

Yes. Ex-communication and access to any of the communities properties is a violation of the law.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 am

Thats a really good news then.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Those in Mumbai & other parts of Maharashtra who have been excommunicated or face participation should file a case against MS AND KQ as claimants to MB.

This is a good law.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:58 am

90 percent laws are good everywhere, how it gets implemented is important.
very little chance of this law to get implemented especially for bohras

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:16 am

Does SKQ come forward to access to bohra properties under the control of SMS camp. SKQ should be commonly visiting jameas, masjids, dargaahs now and then to keep in touch with his followers in different corners and do dawaah of his DAI ship to bhatkelaa abdes in SMS camp.

has SKQ gone on the rounds of Ziyarat of all Duats after his DAI declaration ? how many times does he access Raudat Tahera to do ziyarat of his father and brother ?

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:24 am

SKQ is hiding in his hole in Thane. He should have been brave enough to go and face the crowd instead of covering under the cover of "talvaaro chali jase" whatever that meant.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 am

asad wrote:SKQ is hiding in his hole in Thane. He should have been brave enough to go and face the crowd instead of covering under the cover of "talvaaro chali jase" whatever that meant.
Asad bhai, with all due respects to you, you are sounding like Badri Lacewala now.

you are much better than that
Last edited by zinger on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

zinger

zinger wrote:
asad wrote:SKQ is hiding in his hole in Thane. He should have been brave enough to go and face the crowd instead of covering under the cover of "talvaaro chali jase" whatever that meant.
Asad bhai, with all due respects to you, you are sounding like Badri Lacewala now.

zinger

del

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:44 am

zinger wrote:

I am dejected in KQ as i had some sky high expectations from him but i forgot he is the same person who didnt raise voice and was complicit in the actions of SMB. Actually in the begining Reformists were naive` to believe that KQ will be any different from MS on theological things and i am sure if he was controlling masses he would have preferred for show to go on or Talwaro chali jase.

Actually i should not even be bothered with what KQ or MS are doing as i have left the community but still my family is inside and their actions affect me so this anger and frustration towards the so called leaders.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:51 am

asad wrote:
zinger wrote:

I am dejected in KQ as i had some sky high expectations from him but i forgot he is the same person who didnt raise voice and was complicit in the actions of SMB. Actually in the begining Reformists were naive` to believe that KQ will be any different from MS on theological things and i am sure if he was controlling masses he would have preferred for show to go on or Talwaro chali jase.

Actually i should not even be bothered with what KQ or MS are doing as i have left the community but still my family is inside and their actions affect me so this anger and frustration towards the so called leaders.

asad bhai, i empathise with your pain and can understand your frustration. my only point was the "hiding in his hole comment" was in poor taste.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:24 am

Bro Zinger

SKQ does not seem to be that assertive for his rights over bohra community as Dai-Al-Mutlak would have. the way SMS is moving around with confidence of his DAIness, while SKQ seems to have taken the step back. moving out of saifee mahal, isolating in thaane, restricted or limited movement to bohra properties. in defiance or assertion of his rights to DAIness is only limited to court cases he has filed. which too is going dull and low.

while SMS camp is cementing muffy maula's position in minds of people by many means. court cases and all are fine from legal perspective. What is SKQ doing to save the abdes of SMB from slavery of SMS. opened a fatemidawat website and spreading knowledge to netizen abdes. what about masses who does not have access to these technology through which skq propogates. what about reaching out to deeply settled abdes in remote areas of india and other parts of the world. has SKQ camp taken laid back stand, "come-to-us-and-we-will-guide-you" types, SMB entrusted his pyara farzando abdes on his successor SKQ.

majority of abdes are clueless and following the visibly loud claim of DAIship of SMS, are they to be blamed for kothari royal's manipulative game of thrones. for majority of abdes, all they need is someone out there to worship, bow, bend, crawl, feetkiss, kneekiss and submit to. how is SKQ plan to convince the rural and disconnected majority of abdes, with passing time they are going deeper in confidence of SMS being thier DAI. what is SKQ's attitude on them, just complacent enough to guide only those who sided with him.

he needs to be more active and involved with SMB abdes, he needs to reach out to people, he needs to make himself loudly visible for people to know he is the true DAI. in current scenario he seems to be going slow .. he is only aging with time and may die in oblivion !

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:19 am

humanbeing wrote:Bro Zinger

SKQ does not seem to be that assertive for his rights over bohra community as Dai-Al-Mutlak would have. the way SMS is moving around with confidence of his DAIness, while SKQ seems to have taken the step back. moving out of saifee mahal, isolating in thaane, restricted or limited movement to bohra properties. in defiance or assertion of his rights to DAIness is only limited to court cases he has filed. which too is going dull and low.

while SMS camp is cementing muffy maula's position in minds of people by many means. court cases and all are fine from legal perspective. What is SKQ doing to save the abdes of SMB from slavery of SMS. opened a fatemidawat website and spreading knowledge to netizen abdes. what about masses who does not have access to these technology through which skq propogates. what about reaching out to deeply settled abdes in remote areas of india and other parts of the world. has SKQ camp taken laid back stand, "come-to-us-and-we-will-guide-you" types, SMB entrusted his pyara farzando abdes on his successor SKQ.

majority of abdes are clueless and following the visibly loud claim of DAIship of SMS, are they to be blamed for kothari royal's manipulative game of thrones. for majority of abdes, all they need is someone out there to worship, bow, bend, crawl, feetkiss, kneekiss and submit to. how is SKQ plan to convince the rural and disconnected majority of abdes, with passing time they are going deeper in confidence of SMS being thier DAI. what is SKQ's attitude on them, just complacent enough to guide only those who sided with him.

he needs to be more active and involved with SMB abdes, he needs to reach out to people, he needs to make himself loudly visible for people to know he is the true DAI. in current scenario he seems to be going slow .. he is only aging with time and may die in oblivion !
Bhai mara, when SKQ could not do any thing while he was on powerful position of mazoon for 50 years what do you expect from him now when he has no control left on dawat...MS is well aware of this and this is why he is moving around without any fear.

MS end will come from Allah subhanu and not from KQ.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:51 am

humanbeing wrote:Bro Zinger

I completely agree with you on each and every point. Qutbuddin Maula needs to be a little more forthcoming.
He needs to be more visible in public eye.
Mufaddal Maula is constantly finding some way or the other to stay in the news, but then again, thats because of an extremely systematic and well-planned approach of highlighting himself and sidelineing the opposition.

The problem is that with all the power at his disposal, he is easily able to hype up even his smallest of actions against the very large and magnanimous efforts of Qutbuddin Maula, thus overshadwoing whatever the latter has done.

i agree that Qutbuddin Maula must be doing a lot of good, but what is the use if the aam janta is now aware about it? Over time, he might fade away into oblivion if he doesnt start to project himself well enough.

to the supporters of Qutbuddin Maula, please understand, in no way am i deriding his efforts, im just saying that he needs to be more visible. in todays day and age, it is extremely important to be visible. jo dikhta hain, wahi bikta hain

and when i say "sells" i dont mean it in the literal sense, i mean it in the sense of making an impact,

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:39 am

I kind of get the point you are making about visibility. However, it is not that they are not trying or not doing anything. Yes, it does need to be internet connected to avail yourself of all the material they put up and that perhaps is their biggest challenge. They also send physical letters like during ashara when they invited to the alternative venues. So I think overall this is where the saying about clapping with both hands comes true - they are doing their bit and the question is what are we doing in return? Those of us in this forum who are internet connected, have access to all their material and yet are either still with SMS or sitting on the fence - clearly then there is no hope for the masses right?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:22 am

mass mailing be it on internet or by post mail is cute, in today's age, it usually goes into trashbin in virtual and real world. for an instance assume, there was no SMS claimant to daiship, SKQ is the unchallenged annointed DAI. How his administration and promotion would be ? would his rule and regime be same that is now ? why he does not travel to Surat, Galiyakot, Raudat Tahera, Burhanpur and many such dargaah resorts that his father has refurbished.

Forgive my ignorance and I request SKQ followers to put up a list of Dargaahs he has visited in his tenure as a DAI. he should go around like a BOSS as he beleives to be the TRUE DAI.

SMS left no stone unturned and went all guns blazing marketing himself to high and low, rich and poor, from swanky west to deep rurals all in comfort and pomp. one can cite the rabbit and tortoise race story here, but c'mon regardless of SKQ's steady patience. he is aging with time and will become more and more fragile. who knows he will leave SMB >> SKQ follower in another mess once he gets restricted with health conditions. he already faces a speech impairment.

Since start SKQ has taken a defensive, submissive, victimized approach and bundled himself into thaane as some sort of exile. he may not have the power of wealth, contacts and system at his disposal. but he is the jalwaanuma TRUE DAI backed with divine inspiration from the Imam.a TRUE DAI gifted with Gift of Gab. Mostly what religion need is powerful orators to make followers.

many SKQ followers throw the point that SKQ is being patient and Steady in his faith and trust, this could be hikmat, SKQ knows better, Imam knows better and leave the discussion there. SKQ followers have no problem with low profile of SKQ and they are happy, content and at peace in thanda jannati saya of aqaa maula.

Time is ticking, thousands of SMB followers are bedazzled by circus that SMS has created, while SKQ is waiting patiently for followers to convince themselves after reading letters, blogs and videos then they must come to him, he will take thier misaaq and life continues similarly with feet kissing, knee kissing, haath jori ne deedar ma ubhu revu.

This is a classic situation, where SKQ can take some cues and learnings from previous duaats who came to india and proselytize fatemi faith to indians, chalo, as per the doctrine, DAI (Invitee) is not suppose to dawaat (invite) to Islam in seclusion of Imam, but only take care of the HERD as a shepherd. take learning from duat like fakhruddin shaheed, qutbudding shaheed and his father STS and brother SMB who believed in more action, visibility and audibility.

abde masses are not interested in deep and long speeches & blogs of spirituality. just bundle & summarize these stuff up in heaven promises, rova-jevu-moos that can be made with Rova-jevi-awaz, maatam (that is some action), melodious marsiyas, , a quick shahadat, waza-e-funa and then let the party begin; fancy livin-la-vida-loca parades with elephants, banners, performers, chariots, paalkhies, political contacts photo ops, qadambosi and deedar chaos and fakhera jaman ! this is what abde wants, and cherry on top is a ticket to heaven after all this song and dance.

Abdes are used to with these from shafeek bawa DAIs that ruled before, SMS continued the legacy, he improvised and increased the tempo and dosage, abde now are more devout and violently pious towards thier DAI, who is living up and exceeding the standards that dad and grand dad set.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:41 am

And there you have coined exactly what SKQ should NOT do. You are implying that he needs to do all the pomp and showbiz like SMS is doing? Isn't that what is wrong currently with our community? By asking him to do the same you are effectively asking him to adopt the very practices against which he is attempting to or perhaps has always disagreed?

At the end of the day I personally believe that this is a personal matter. If you are waiting for a show of pomp and showbiz to help you make up your mind then you need to take a closer look at yourself. Look deep within, wake up that inner spiritual voice that is not corrupted by the pomp and showbiz all around you - what does it say?

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:48 am

From http://www.fatemidawat.com/reference-ma ... es%29.html

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
إِنَّمَا يُوَفَّى الصَّابِرُونَ أَجْرَهُم بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

(Surat al-Zumar: 10)

those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!

There is no one in this world who is safeguarded from its trials and tribulations. In reality, as Syedna al-Mu’ayyad states, “those who are most pious are tested in this world to the limits” (al-akhassu bi mihnatiha man huwa akhlasu lir-rahmaan). Our Awliyaa’ are tested in this way because they have the capacity to withstand the trials and tribulations of this world because of their unwavering belief in the promise of the Hereafter. Though all of us face the trials and tribulations of this world, it is the manner in which our Awliyaa’,and those with wisdom, confront and deal with such times that is inspiring.

Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA narrates an anecdote from one of Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin’s RA risalahs about the wise man (hakeem) named Buzur-Jamhar (also known as Bozorgmehr – a Persian wise man from the 5th century). When Buzur-Jamhar was imprisoned in a dark cell, a number of his disciples came to meet him and asked him about the secret of his vitality. Buzur-Jamhar said,

“In the face of calamities, I offer you six medicinal potions—whoever drinks them will always act rationally: The first is faith in God (al-thiqatu billah). The second is the acceptance that all that is destined will come to pass (kullu muqaddarin kaa’in). The third is the lesson that the best source of strength is forbearance (sabar) (khayru ma tasta’miluhu al-sabru). The fourth is the realization that, in many instances, sabar is the only recourse (wa in lam tasbir famaza tasna’). The fifth is the awareness that things could always be worse (qad yakunu sharrun a’zamu mimma anta fihi). And the sixth is the hope that from one hour to the next, God will provide relief (min sa’atin ila sa’atin faraj).” Insha’allah o ta’ala”

Syedna Taher Saifuddin remarks after narrating this anecdote, “this is the manner in which sensible men should face difficulties and problems. Allah Ta’ala has said “those who persevere with patience and sabar will truly receive a reward without measure” (Surat al-Zumar: 10).”

Surat al-Zumar: 10

The six antidotes described by Buzur-Jamhar perfectly balance the necessity of accepting Allah’s will as well as the necessity of being hopeful for relief and change. The way to balance both of these concepts is through patience and sabar. Even in the darkness of his prison cell, Buzur-Jamhar is at peace because of his wisdom in dealing with the calamity he faced. Even in the darkness of his cell, he maintains his sanity by resorting to sabar. Even in the darkness of his cell, he hopes for relief some day – min sa’atin ila sa’atin faraj.

Our Awliyaa’ Kiraam guide us, and demonstrate through their own example how to face the trials and tribulations of this world: faith in Allah, acceptance of His will, perseverance and sabar, and hope in His relief.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:18 am

asking SKQ to interact and reach out more to people seems like tribulation and hardships, waah ! can you list down the troubles and hardship that SKQ faces to justify these lines in his favor ?

SKQ born and bought up in swanky palace with best medical care afforded, educated, pampered, respected, honored, since young age. They get respect as birth right, see chamchaas hovering around before they learn to speak or understand. sitting around on sujnees, tailed by umbrella carrying darbaans, addressed as shehzadas and shehzaadies and treated like one. where is the mortal hardship that a commoner faces in everday struggle of life, commute, food shortages, water shortages, live in miserable condition, financial insecurity, lack of support.

bunch of free loading royal spoilt brats, hating each other in jealousy and greed for power, threw tantrums and taunts, yet both enjoyed merits of comfortable duhh luxurious lives and panzy crying about tribulations and hardships they face. have they really lived a life of a commoner sincerely.

SKQ leads a comfortable life, as a shehzada, mazoon and now a DAI. his mortal sufferings are also taken care in well luxurious manner, so while SKQ helplesslessly, timid, defenseless pawn carried on with two bit of good work while remained witness and part of a mega embezzlement scam, shall we say he is completely innocent of fleecing from the era of SMB ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:09 pm

In the face of calamities, I offer you six medicinal potions
And lo and behold, none of the six mention going to a Dai with your troubles and doing kadambosi or ziyafat or faal kholavu or raja or parading him in palkhis or standing in front of him with folded hands and bent backs!!!!

asad

Unread post by asad » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 am

kimanumanu wrote:And there you have coined exactly what SKQ should NOT do. You are implying that he needs to do all the pomp and showbiz like SMS is doing? Isn't that what is wrong currently with our community? By asking him to do the same you are effectively asking him to adopt the very practices against which he is attempting to or perhaps has always disagreed?

At the end of the day I personally believe that this is a personal matter. If you are waiting for a show of pomp and showbiz to help you make up your mind then you need to take a closer look at yourself. Look deep within, wake up that inner spiritual voice that is not corrupted by the pomp and showbiz all around you - what does it say?

Br Kimanumanu,

No pomp and show can he follow the example of Moulaya Raj and start approaching people instead of waiting for them to come to him. I am sure if he comes to my town atleast 50 people with their family will pay their allegiance to him. Let him start from somewhere and give MS some run for his money.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:20 am

Asad bhai, what is stopping the 50 families from doing so right now?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 am

asad wrote:No pomp and show can he follow the example of Moulaya Raj and start approaching people instead of waiting for them to come to him. I am sure if he comes to my town atleast 50 people with their family will pay their allegiance to him. Let him start from somewhere and give MS some run for his money.
yeah ! the strength of bohra followers are settled in towns and cities in India, densely populated areas of Gujarat, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. Initially he will face a lot of resistance and hatred. But his visibilty will disturb short tempered SMS camp. Both camps are hung up on Nuss Episode and none has moved on. SMS camp employs laanatbazi and hatred technique to keep reminding and establishing thier legitmate right over DAIship, while SKQ has taken a silent and steady mode to prevail his DAi ship via legal court cases and social media. both camp does not seem to have moved on from the Nuss Episode.

Also whats up with appointment of Mazoon and Mukasir at SKQ camp ?

Speculating; SKQ camp may be relying on expansion through reproduction.

Well it would be too much to ask the royalty SKQ to approach people, after all the pampering and royal treatment, the royal prince turned king would not wanna step down to commoners and the sad irony is when these people make rova jevu moo and rova jevu awaaz narrating previous duaats and imam's hardships.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:34 am

kimanumanu wrote:Asad bhai, what is stopping the 50 families from doing so right now?
because those 50 families are living in remote towns and cities heavily sedated with brainwashing entertainment that SMS circus provides them.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:52 am

But this is where I would keep arguing that it is not direct contact with SKQ that these families need. Direct contact will not give them masjid space or community events that they are currently getting with SMS. SKQ cannot provide those as he has no access himself. And therein lies the problem in my opinion - for change to happen, people have to accept that they will have to give up this showbiz and pomp. How willing are they?

asad

Unread post by asad » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:36 am

kimanumanu wrote:Asad bhai, what is stopping the 50 families from doing so right now?
First and foremost no one has contacted them from KQ's side nor they know how to contact KQ. Please note that not every one is net savvy and with heavy PR machinery of MS in work it becomes more difficult to see the truth.

Secondly fear which is very legitimate due Kothari goons. Right now KQ is like Hidden bohri Imam about whom people know but no one has actually seen. If posting few pics and articles on a self run website is any barometer than Team KQ is doing really bad. Once KQ goes out in public people will actually see he exists.

Please suggest KQ to start some whirlwhind tour of small towns. If he faces any backlash will it be worst than what Rasulallah (saw) faced in Taif.
If he thinks he is really the chosen one than come out in public and address them.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:19 am

Every journey starts with the first step - so how about you start the contact on their behalf here:

http://www.fatemidawat.com/contact/contact-info/