selecting a name for your new born.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think

selecting a name for your new born.

Unread post by think » Wed May 04, 2016 10:47 am

can some one describe the quranic way of selecting a name for a new born? It is important to know this process.
I find that every time a child is born the abdes ask their moula for name of the child. Haphazard names are given for the child without consultation of the childs date of birth, time etc. There are many burhanuddins , safuddins and Tahirs on the wrong path and these names were given with whims and fancies of the kothar. Needless to add Farida's are countless.

Kaka Akela

Re: selecting a name for your new born.

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 am

Dear Bro Think:

I am so surprised to hear a smart man like you living in the west asking such a question. this stupid kothar has crippled every one's mind and has stopped them from thinking on their own and naming their child. The name requested from the dai is not given by the Dai but it is the responsibility of a group of 4 or 5 people who are nut cases from Jamea. it is their assigned duty with raza of the dai.
I would suggest people to use their own aql and name the kid properly without giving them obviously christian or hindu or other restricted muslim names. Use good names from our own ancestary or any other good names from ashaab of Raulullah etc. etc.
Don't abandon this responsibility to the Rasputins of Jamea.

think

Unread post by think » Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 am

There is a Muslim religious method, depending upon the date of birth and its relationship to the quran that names are chosen. every arabic alphabet is recognized by a number. It is the addition of these numbers in a certain way that leads one to selection of a name beneficial to the child. The name Ali was revealed to the prophet from Allah. There were many names given to the child Ali but Ali was selected. Same was with Hussain and many others. are we not tired of Fakhruddin, Saifuddin, Tahiruddin, Burhanuddin and Mufadal. Farida and Sakina is way too common.

Dua for Momeen

Unread post by Dua for Momeen » Tue May 10, 2016 10:59 am

Naming child on any auspicious personality of ISLAM is best way to name a child.

male child should be given names like Muhammed, Ali, Hassan Hussain are most preferable names.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Well these days every new born boy is Burhanuddin ....... :lol: Dunno about girls :roll: In other words every Dick is Burhanuddin... :lol:

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 am

Dua for Momeen wrote:Naming child on any auspicious personality of ISLAM is best way to name a child.

male child should be given names like Muhammed, Ali, Hassan Hussain are most preferable names.
Please point me to a single kid named Ali by bohras. I am not talking about Ali Asgher and Ali Akber but only Ali. Even Hassan is very rare.

Dua for Momeen

Unread post by Dua for Momeen » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 am

asad wrote:
Dua for Momeen wrote:Naming child on any auspicious personality of ISLAM is best way to name a child.

Please point me to a single kid named Ali by bohras. I am not talking about Ali Asgher and Ali Akber but only Ali. Even Hassan is very rare.
I dont care about stupid abdes, behumdillah my child is named by me as Ali and my whole family is so happy about it, they are glad I didnt named them taher/burhanuddin or mufaddal.

Imam Ali said "biggest gift by father to his child is a GOOD NAME"

think

Unread post by think » Thu May 12, 2016 4:48 pm

can some one out there guide as to how adad is calculated from the childs date of birth. an example would help. to calculate the adad is the first step. The second step is to find the burj of that child and then name the child with the same number of adads for the alphebets and picking out the alphebets as per the burj.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Think
Adding addad is also mis guided
Do you know 786 also used for Sri Krishna too. People can manipulate numbers anyway then want and no one is as masterful as Kothari Goons
The meaning of 786 is belong to Sri krishna. 1 proof-- (7) saat suroo ki baasuri, Devki ke (8) aathwe putra ne, (6) six ungali se bajaai. Must watch about your religion which you belongs to. The real proof of Islam and Hinduism.First language in the world was Sanskrit.Mar 7, 2013
But here how addads are used in Arabic
In Arabic there are two methods of arranging letters. One method is the most common method known as the alphabetical method. Here we begin with Alif, ba, ta, tha etc. The other method is known as the Abjad method or ordinal method. In this method each letter has an arithmetic value assigned to it from one to one thousand. The letters are arranged in the following order: Abjad, Hawwaz, Hutti, Kalaman, Sa'fas, Qarshat, Sakhaz, Zazagh. This arrangement was done, most probably in the 3rd century of Hijrah during the 'Abbasid period, following other Semitic languages such as Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Chaldean etc.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
- William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 pm

Mkenya wrote:"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
- William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet
Do not care much who the messenger is, see what the message is!

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun May 15, 2016 12:15 am

JC: Do not shoot the messenger!

JC

Unread post by JC » Sun May 15, 2016 11:22 am

MKenya, I will not!

Btw if the message is to continue with FMG (the message) than I would say messenger be shot..!!!

unclesam

Unread post by unclesam » Mon May 16, 2016 2:19 pm

JC wrote:MKenya, I will not!

Btw if the message is to continue with FMG (the message) than I would say messenger be shot..!!!
'shot' reminds me ..Is muffu's hunting spree still on or it's Over? Strange this time, no noise, no news headlines, no change petition etc