Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2016

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
guy_sam2005

Re: Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2016

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:15 am

Dua for Momeen wrote:
"The Syedna was reading from a script which is usually the routine on such an occasion but all of a sudden he went off and started talking in a cryptic fashion. It was confusing at first. Then we gradually realized that he was talking about female circumcision when he used words like amal (act), mamlakat (states) and that the act must be carried out discreetly for women and openly for men.

so basically he was going through script but then suddenly a jinnat took him over and he lost his mind and utter bull crap on live TV?

hhhmm seems like SKQ and STF bud dua is working now....MS bosses must be really disappointed and worry now.

Dua for Momeen.
dear dfm,
can you educate us on halaland haraams of sex please...

Dua for Momeen

Unread post by Dua for Momeen » Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 am

Salam,

You may ask your question here or create a new thread.

Dua for Momeen.

think

Unread post by think » Thu May 19, 2016 11:27 am

The rejection of facts, the rejection of science; that is the path to decline. As in life, ignorance is not a virtue. When our leader expresses disdain for facts, when he is not held accountable for repeating falsehoods and just making stuff up. While actual experts are dismissed and brushed a side as illiterates; then there is a major problem with the bohra religion.

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:59 am

think wrote:The rejection of facts, the rejection of science; that is the path to decline. As in life, ignorance is not a virtue. When our leader expresses disdain for facts, when he is not held accountable for repeating falsehoods and just making stuff up. While actual experts are dismissed and brushed a side as illiterates; then there is a major problem with the bohra religion.
science is accepted or rejected selectively.fmb menu is selected mostly on foods that have health benefits
for eg olives,less oily food,hygiene kitchens(in most towns ia 100% in few years)
scientific methods to memorise quran
these are just basic examples as as i dont wana go deep in argument,science says selected alcoholic drinks have health benefits.so should that be taken off haraam list??????

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri May 20, 2016 7:36 am

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... court-told

Three convicted of female genital mutilation should go to jail, court told
Lawyer for Shia Muslim sect followers given minimum 11-month custodial sentence wants house arrest but prosecutor argues for general deterrence

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 23, 2016 5:18 pm

To battle food wastage, Bohra community edict puts restrictions on wedding feasts

Caterers have been ordered to limit the number of courses served, and those flouting the rules have been punished.

Wasting food could be considered criminal. But should people be punished for serving excessive food at parties to prevent such wastage?

Members of the Dawoodi Bohra community have had to grapple with this unexpected question over the past month, after a new edict by their religious leader made it mandatory for Bohra caterers to serve only a limited quantity of dishes at weddings and other events. The rules, however, apply only to meals served in Bohra community halls. According to people within the community, those not complying with the new food norms have been made to personally apologise to the clergy and pay hefty fines.

Bohras are also known for the strict control that the religious head, the Syedna, has over almost all aspects of the community’s life, and according to some members, the new edict is a reflection of that.

The farmaan (edict) was issued about six weeks ago through announcements in Bohra mosques, and text messages sent to community members by the religious administration. It asks caterers and party hosts to serve meals with only one dessert, one starter and one salad instead of two each, in addition to curry, naan, soup and the main course.

“The kharaas has to be one single food item – platters of multiple varieties of tikkas and kebabs are no longer allowed,” said Firoze Thandlawala, owner of Mumbai’s Thandlawala Caterers, one of around 50 Bohra catering services in the city.

While most Bohras believe the edict on limited food is a good way to prevent wastage and an excessive display of wealth, some have been alarmed to receive WhatsApp messages about the punishments that certain caterers had to face when they violated the rules.

“I can confirm that two caterers from Mumbai were made to go to senior clergy members and officially apologise for serving two sweet dishes and two kharaas at a recent function,” said a Mumbai caterer, who asked to remain anonymous. “What’s more, they were forced to travel all the way to Khambat in Gujarat to make their apology, because the clergymen in question happened to be in Khambat at the time.”

Community members also reported receiving messages about other punishments that Bohras from various parts of the country had to face for violating the food edict. These ranged from paying monetary fines to having to clean the local mosque for three days.

Despite several attempts, Scroll.in was unable to reach the spokespersons of the Bohra administration.

The edict and punishments have been a subject of intense discussion on Bohra WhatsApp groups, with one section perceiving the penalties as a form of control. “The new food rules work very well as advice for preventing wastage and eating healthy,” said a Bohra homemaker from Gujarat. “But punishing people in this manner is a bit too much.”

The homemaker added: “People should not be treated like they are in school. This community follows everything the Syedna says anyway, so why do they need to impose the rules in this manner?”

Other Bohras see the penalties in a more positive light. “The purpose behind the food edict is very good,” said a Bohra teacher from Ahmedabad, who also requested anonymity. “But I don’t think people will actually follow it until they are made to fear certain consequences for violating the rules.”

http://scroll.in/bulletins/3/the-incred ... -car-crash

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon May 23, 2016 7:06 pm

21 Bohra men pledge online to fight khatna
Mohua Das | TNN | May 23, 2016, 11.53 PM IST

Mumbai: In the face of a virtual firestorm on the issue of female circumcision or khatna within the Dawoodi Bohra community in the past few months, around 21 Bohra men, spanning Mumbai, Pune, Udaipur, Patna, Canada and North America, have come out in support of women leading the fight against female genital mutilation ( FGM ) through an online pledge "to spread awareness against the practice and actively support the campaign to stop FGM".
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 407392.cms

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon May 23, 2016 7:33 pm

SBM wrote:21 Bohra men pledge online to fight khatna
Mohua Das | TNN | May 23, 2016, 11.53 PM IST

Mumbai: In the face of a virtual firestorm on the issue of female circumcision or khatna within the Dawoodi Bohra community in the past few months, around 21 Bohra men, spanning Mumbai, Pune, Udaipur, Patna, Canada and North America, have come out in support of women leading the fight against female genital mutilation ( FGM ) through an online pledge "to spread awareness against the practice and actively support the campaign to stop FGM".
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 407392.cms
Mission accomplished STF, PDB has made a public stand. Sahiyo good luck.

Ozdundee will remain in the shadow and move on

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 24, 2016 5:55 am

If bohra clergy is so bothered about wastage; they should curb down thier fancy parades, money spent on celebrating dawedaar's death, fancy helicopter charters, salgiraah carnival, customized car arrangements, paalkhies, ziyafat renovations, hunting trips, lavish and pompous gold crafted gifts from abdes.

Muffy maula should practice what he preaches. So do we see his customized mercedez benz sold and money used in community development.

Wajid

Unread post by Wajid » Tue May 24, 2016 1:55 pm

humanbeing wrote: ...

Muffy maula should practice what he preaches. So do we see his customized mercedez benz sold and money used in community development ...
As quoted by STF during his last wayaz:

Surah Saff : ayats 2 & 3

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لِمَ تَقُولُونَ مَا لَا تَفْعَلُونَ
O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?

كَبُرَ مَقْتًا عِندَ اللَّهِ أَن تَقُولُوا مَا لَا تَفْعَلُونَ
Grievously odious is it in the sight of Allah that ye say that which ye do not.

FiAmanillah

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue May 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Br OZ
You can not run away that easily. You can not go in the shadow yet, the work has just begun.. :) :)

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Tue May 24, 2016 4:12 pm

SBM wrote:
Br OZ
You can not run away that easily. You can not go in the shadow yet, the work has just begun.. :) :)
We are best left to be known as phantoms . The snow ball has started will create avalanche of change. I can say with more certainty than 2 years ago.

In 10 years when both of us old and drinking a good cup of coffee , shaking with age. Too much things to do let the young do it so they feel involved. We remain as inspiration.

FGM will be practically be history, minority will practice, a few women cutter languishing in jail. SMS and his brothers fighting his own criminal case for crimes against humanity and animal cruelty where a person I know was fundamentally passionate to stop it.

STF has 300,000 followers, autonomous centres in Melbourne , New York, Toronto, London, your and my nephew and nieces like many new graduate from a new Alim centres replacing brain terror camps like jamia, potential top dawaat administrators , No more zadas and zadis.

PDB official youth group replacing Shabab and Muffy guards

Sahiyo replacing Bunuyat, have their own building.

My role was not more than have hope and dream

Martin Luther king.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue May 24, 2016 5:40 pm

^^^ :P :)

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed May 25, 2016 2:48 am

Applaud efforts of these phantom, unsung heroes ! monster like kothar needs to be dealt in his own strategy, which is taqiyet. the foundation of this deceptive Corporation is weak and based on fear. Those looting under this scam are as fearful as those being looted.

Kudos to muffy maula also, as he is helping the reform cause by many of his antics. QJ chose wrong puppet on display .. he is causing more harm than good. I am beginning to like him .. he is cute and entertaining and not to be taken seriously at all. My grumpy grandpa !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 pm

If I can frighten you, I can control you. If I can also convince you that I have the solution to your fear (which I conveniently gave you in the first place), I can own your soul. Politicians, clergy, spiritual teachers, news media outlets, and public officials have known this for years. Freedom from fear is also freedom from tyranny and manipulation. Look inward at your fear, whatever it might be. Stare it down. Move towards it. Allow it to envelop you like a wave and watch it suddenly disappear like morning mist dissolving in the warmth of the noonday sun. Fear is an illusion. Freedom from fear is the essence and birthright of Consciousness.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 26, 2016 8:57 am

^
Br GM
Good advice unfortunately it does not work with people who have their heads buried in the sand.

think

Unread post by think » Thu May 26, 2016 10:44 am

People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you, but how strong you stand is what makes you.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat May 28, 2016 3:43 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:If I can frighten you, I can control you. If I can also convince you that I have the solution to your fear (which I conveniently gave you in the first place), I can own your soul. Politicians, clergy, spiritual teachers, news media outlets, and public officials have known this for years. Freedom from fear is also freedom from tyranny and manipulation. Look inward at your fear, whatever it might be. Stare it down. Move towards it. Allow it to envelop you like a wave and watch it suddenly disappear like morning mist dissolving in the warmth of the noonday sun. Fear is an illusion. Freedom from fear is the essence and birthright of Consciousness.

GM BHAI through his insider leaking of photos has practically shut down the propoganda machinery where Muffy can no longer send out ziafats photos or his lavish lifesty. His marketing system took a blow.

SBM, babdeen, GM bhai has weakened the Muffy infrastructure , not totally but full of wounds . I hope STF remembers that his effectiveness is as a result of weakening by multiple blows from reformists across the globe.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:43 am

Muslim Families in USA--Bohra highlighted..
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 82752.html

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:12 am

UK media reports on law enforcement warning to Bohra Diai regarding FGM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... fence.html

india media

http://scroll.in/article/809463/bohra-l ... not-banned

more as the weekend rolls in

Shk Mohammed Yamani

Unread post by Shk Mohammed Yamani » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-f ... ty-2222157
Indian media picks up on FGM Australian court case.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:26 am

A family that eats together stays together," she says explaining the community belief.
Then I suppose SKQ and SMS never ate together in Thaal

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:38 am

How come the thal had so many dishes...ek kharas ek mithas ka Kia hua

sugguma

Unread post by sugguma » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

A rebellion inside a small Indian sect seeks to end a brutal custom: female genital mutilation

Read news report in The Los Angeles Times on how.....

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg ... story.html

sugguma

Unread post by sugguma » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:27 am

"Female genital mutilation appeal: Dawoodi Bohra sect launches attack on judge over sheik’s imprisonment"

Reported in the Daily Telegraph and Perth News

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/female- ... b5161fc410

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 am

this article will provide further ammunition against muffy and will help tremendously in getting him blacklisted and declared persona non grata in western countries. this also proves that the letters issued by jamaats across the western world which includes, uk, usa and canada were brazen lies and a sham only designed to protect the backsides of the jamaat amils and officials.

legally, they could also be held liable for misleading the law agencies and the community.

good going i say, let them keep making these fatuous statements and digging a deeper hole for themselves... :P :) :wink:

yuzarsif

Unread post by yuzarsif » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:18 am

Dohad Trusty caught in ACB Trap for asking money

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:25 pm

this coverage is a misnomer. this bohra family should have been excommunicated from the jamaat. all abde type bohras are supposed to be in the masjid during ramzan for praying 2 rakats namaaz for mufatlal, them maatam, followed by iftar. what was this family doing having iftar at home?

from khaleej times coverage of multi-cultural iftaars, this bohra family was the only one shown eating alone by themselves instead of sharing their iftar with others. why? because the rest were in the masjid worshipping their insane mola!

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:59 pm

53 and his entourage is in Kenya and the usual brown-nosing (or should I say: black-nosing!) is in full swing.

http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/mombas ... index.html