Masjid ke adaab

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
seeker110

Masjid ke adaab

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Most of what I learned about do's and donts regarding adaab is from my Islamiat Classes in high school. Oninians and garlic or overindulgence in perfumes etc.

Now here lies the question for my brother M.F. and other brothers with deeni knowledge. People bringing their children with down syndrome or other low I Q in masjid. It is very disturbing and distracting. I have no idea about old folks in chairs as long as they occupy the walls. People with missing limbs could cause some distraction but since I have not seen one in oour masjid, I cant say.

Others may have similar peeves, please enlighten.

anajmi

Re: Masjid ke adaab

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 am

My advice to you would be to stay at home. A child with a down syndrome is more beloved to God than an adult with an up syndrome.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 am

Not looking for your advise. Stay cheerful.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:34 am

It's free. Use it before a child with down syndrome points a finger at you on the day of judgment and lays waste to your deeds.

And try not to ridicule those that are at a disadvantage. You might think you are better than them but you are not.

Michigan

Unread post by Michigan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:00 am

Seeker, if a child with mental disability bothers you, you are the problem.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:17 am

Seeker 110,

im sorry but you are the one who needs to stay away from the masjid then.

leaving democracy aside, who are you to stop anyone from entering a masjid?

if they are such a hindrance to you then i too would suggest you pray at home.

pathetic mindset really

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:24 am

Br Seeker 110
By asking for a child with Down's syndrome to stay home, Are you also asking their parents to stay home because some one needs to be with that child.
Do you think those parents are suffering enough mentally and they find refuge at the Masjid and find some solace asking Allaha in his house to give Shifa to that child as well as strength to them to take care of child.
Islam is religion of compassion and mercy (ISIL will say otherwise) and our Prophet taught us to be merciful, your comments reflect a little arrogance and selfish attitude.
I remember I was in a Fund Raising dinner where parents had brought a child with Muscular Sclerosis and he started talking loud and when Parents decided to take that child out, the Speaker who was an Imam stopped the parents and asked them to leave child where he was and commended the parents for having courage not to get isolated and not to isolate the child either. The Imam even cried and ask every one to pray for his health and for parents.
I hope you re-evaluate your thinking towards the less fortunate.

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:28 am

seeker110 wrote:Most of what I learned about do's and donts regarding adaab is from my Islamiat Classes in high school. Oninians and garlic or overindulgence in perfumes etc.

Now here lies the question for my brother M.F. and other brothers with deeni knowledge. People bringing their children with down syndrome or other low I Q in masjid. It is very disturbing and distracting. I have no idea about old folks in chairs as long as they occupy the walls. People with missing limbs could cause some distraction but since I have not seen one in oour masjid, I cant say.

Others may have similar peeves, please enlighten.
Child with down syndrome is more dear and near to Allah then you and me....if you cant respect those children please pray your namaz at home.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:07 pm

There is a family who has a child has DS. The child is uncontrollable. The parents will come to Masjid and child is left on his own. He disturbs the little kids by snatching their stuff, then the children make noise and gang up on him, shoo him away. Now he walks around and steps on namazi's masallah and holy books. The parents will not control the child. When he is shooed away he goes to the ladies section and does the same.

I remember once at a wedding in Chicago, a shia tried to ridicule me for praying behind a Sunnie Imam. When the urge arises I pray to God where ever. I have prayed in many different churches, Monastries and evan a Mandir and other place of worship around the globe. It is the serenity and the sanctity of the place that sets the mood. Ambiance.

There is a nice clearing up the top of a mountain. A small stream flows by, a perfect place for a soon to be married guy, missing his beloved far away. I would ride up my bike and pray there, ever so often. I use to call the place my Meditation Point. The place attracted me for the sounds of silence. Only noise was the babbling stream and the breathing of the Forrest.

I have never been able to keep my mind completely free of thoughts. I have participated in many Yoga type gathering. Unfortunately, my mind wonders. I dont try it anymore.

I was just looking for some rules regarding petty distractions that goes on in a place of worship. Not a regular praying person in the masjid. Only, like I use to do before school exams. Always believed that the actions will speak louder then reciting few verses over and over again.

Just wanted to offer my thanks to Allah in Masjid for the lifetime of blessings. A loving wife, intelligent and good looking children. Art and knowledge of making money for my needs,easily. An exceptional health.Debt free since my late thirties in Calif,new cars and good food. Also a pretty doctor as a housewife who cooks. Precise in all her measurements so all dishes are Lajawab. Ones has everything in life to be thankful. As to advised, I will take the high road and avoid an hour worth of drive to the masjid each way ,few times a year.

Thanks brother SBM, you are kind.

PS Ya wo jaga bata jahan Khuda na ho.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:34 pm

BELOW I APPEND A HADITH:

Remember the story which one of the Companions narrated, in which he stated, that one day he was praying ’Asr behind the Prophet, and the Messenger of Allah prolonged the prostration during some of it, prolonging it to an extent which was not customary, so this Companion raises his head to make sure his Prophet is okay, he feared that he may have passed away. When to his surprise he sees a strange sight, he sees him in prostration, and al-Hasan and al-Hussain. So the Companion feels at ease that the Prophet is fine and falls back into prostration.

After he gave salaam to end the prayer, he said to him, ‘O Messenger of Allah! You prostrated in the prayer and prolonged it’. so he said, ‘My son was riding on my back and I did not want to disturb him’. This boy went to the mosque for the prayer, he was, as you said, not at an age where he was able to differentiate, reminding those who pray, not to bring their children with them to the mosque, was NOT part of his guidance.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:34 am

I guess I feel close to Him in nature, I will keep offering my thanks in quiet settings. There is God in all of us, that is how He belongs to us all. That is how He is aware of all we do and think. We are a minute part of Him. I am just a Quark.

I stand corrected.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:27 am

Br. Seeker110,

Your first post in this thread appeared to me as unlike a lot of your other posts that I have seen over the past 2 years.

In your later posts I clearly see the typical seeker110. And there is a lot of Shukr of Allah in those other 2 posts too. With a little bit of patience for the noise, I hope that you continue to make your trips to the masjid too. [in addition to thanking Allah at other places]

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:29 am

I stand corrected too. seeker has a beautiful wife, great kids and new cars. So he must be right. The DS kid and his parents have no right to disturb the US (up syndrome) kids and his beautiful parents with new cars.

And we should thank him for taking the high road and avoiding the drive to the Masjid in his new cars. This way they will remain new longer. Let the other fools in their old cars and ugly wives suffer the DS kid running around in the Masjid.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 am

anajmi wrote:I stand corrected too. seeker has a beautiful wife, great kids and new cars. So he must be right. The DS kid and his parents have no right to disturb the US (up syndrome) kids and his beautiful parents with new cars.

And we should thank him for taking the high road and avoiding the drive to the Masjid in his new cars. This way they will remain new longer. Let the other fools in their old cars and ugly wives suffer the DS kid running around in the Masjid.
not the kind of words expected in the month of Ramadan, please ...

Speak in the best of manners, not with Sarcasm

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:54 am

I apologize. I will take the high road with my beautiful wife, smart kids, new cars, and a brand new iPhone and iPad.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:10 am

As to my own observations. Life is bitter for Ugly people, so they become cocksure about Gifts of after life, yet they live in Hell on earth. The bitterness shows in their dealings with people. We all know a Mary Maggot and a brother or two on this forum. God's kindness shows through good looking people , for, they are usually happy themselves.

Reminds me of the joke " My girlfriend works at Hooters. Have I seen her. No, she works in the kitchen.

This happened at our masjid some 20 some years ago. A very old kakaji 80 plus in age, dropped his ejar when he got up after Azaan. Poor man had no idea. People were so abusive to him, he never returned.

I will stay the same, as I feel blessed , I want to keep things as they are. He must like something I do, or the way I do, why risk it.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:58 am

I am getting the feeling that you might be the one with down syndrome. The Dai and the kothar are also living a life of luxury. They must be doing something right too. Next time you whine about them think about it.

You are too much of an arrogant fool otherwise I would ask you to read the story of the two neighbours in surah kahf. One of them was exactly like you. Since I am blessed with a great garden and home God must like me more than you is what he said. Guess who got the heat in the end. But as God says in the Quran, its lessons are for those who have aql. And you apparently left yours at the new car dealership.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:50 am

Beauty is to skin but ugliness run to the bone.

Most Amils and the preacher lot are one of the ugliest people you would come across. The way they show their ugliness is in their temper, which is like a short fuse. They may look like us but their personality sucks and is repulsive. At times I think, the lawyer lot is no different.
Today in the morning I put out the bird food and walked around the flowers. I have many rose bushes, but one or two dont give pretty flowers, yet, there are some that can make sing heart sing of joy and marvel at His gifts. I have been blessed with many trees, I picked some peaches You will thank your lucky stars when you peel a fully ripen peach off the tree. Once the birds have their fill one of them will go off in melodious chirping song. I have made sure they never go hungry or thirsty, ever. Specially when I run off to far away places. I pray and beg my son to make sure they have their needs met. My wife is always worried about him eating and picking up the mail. I only worry about my helpless friends, When I return, most of my flowers die, but never my trees and that one rose bush with not so handsome roses. Br A is that rose bush. I have a karri patta plant that I have kept alive for 8 years. SOB doesnt want to live yet doesnt kick the bucket. That is like Br A also.

Money can be a nice tool, but the finest in life is in nature. The best picture of my late mothers is her collecting almonds in my backyard. She collected many thalful. Her lips would tell me she is praying. (tasbi). I have planted so many fruit tree as gifts for my close friends. Some like walnut. A tree that will give fruit well after I am no more.

Once during my engagement my wife asked me if I really really love her. So I told her a story I would pay for her seven cows, even if the going rate of a fine women(Boom Boom) was a couple of sheeps at top a single cow. The same woman who would get angry when pretty girls would walk by us at the beach. She would try to point me towards the sun bathing baby whales. She still gets angry when I speak to a pretty cashier. If they ever touch my hand or brush pass me. I am going to suffer some pain for no wrong doing of my own. This lady gave me beautiful children. There is a picture in my dinning room, once somebody asked us why we have a Bollywood couples picture in our dinning room. Its my daughter and my son in law. It give me immense pleasure when my wife's friend said to her that my son will break my hearts.

If I had to do it over, I wouldnt change anything. Not even my chic car or cars, for I have a few. I once told a client I will stop working for money, he said only a saint can do that. I am trying. If I keep catching fish, someone will not get his needs met. I still keep the fishing line wet but no more catching. I had to loose my religion to find God. So be it. Stay cheerful, stay busy. Allah knows our needs and what is good for us. We will always get more than we deserve. He is all knowing, just trust. All religions will tell you the same and rightly so. I have to go.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:55 pm

And after picking a fully ripen peach from this tree you say to yourself, damn I have to go to the Masjid and look at the old guys stuck to the walls and smell onions and garlic and see the DS kid running around.

Ah well, apparently God created that DS kid and onions and garlic to irritate you. May be he doesn't love you as much as you love yourself eh?

Once I and my brand new wife were driving down sunset Blvd in my beautiful car.... sorry I mean I and my beautiful wife were driving down sunset Blvd in my brand new car when I saw a guy selling beautiful roses and I immediately stopped my brand new car to buy some for my beautiful wife cause I was planning on making smart kids that night but I forgot to bring cash with me. So I gave my brand new car in exchange for the roses. You know roses that are bought with a brand new car smell really really nice. Since we couldn't walk home cause we have a lovely house in the mountains we decided to build a house right there where we bought the flowers and now I have beautiful kids named Rose and Sunset. I was planning to name the third one Lamborghini but I am stuck with a Porsche now cause I am too blessed to buy the same brand twice.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah I can make up stories. You Know I was at a charity function with 10 people to a table. There were many middle age brown men. I just blurted out that I found a nude beach by the university. I stopped and started drinking water. Suddenly, people slowed down to find out more. This one man was disappointed that I was just joking. Dont believe everything you read. People are just people. Allah created us free. All of us. Slight difference in our color. But all are free. If He wanted us to be slaves, not free to do as we desires. He could have createdus like Angles. Why would he go out of his way make me free and then want all my time not to be free as I please. Specially free from, you know what.

Dont get you chaddi bunch up. I really joke and prank. My own mother called me Kafar,when I joked about reading Dua while we wondering around in British Columbia. All I asked was what sin, she has committed that she cant enjoy whats around her outside my new truck with the camper shell and thick carpeting. You can buy it with built in boxes for storage. Like a stove and tea stuff. My mom still enjoyed me. When I was little she would chase me with a Dhoka.(Clothes beating wooden stick for washing clothes). then, she would laugh and give up.

You can label anything. But I think you are trying to use humor, for once. Life is a beautiful gift from Allah. He wants us to enjoy this gift. Believe it when it says He is Raheem and Kareem. He wants us to be compassionate, nothing more. May Allah have mercy on us all. Only thing I fear, is............ Got to go she is calling for me. It doesnt sound well for me.

PS the beach is 2 miles north of Santa....... Later dudes

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:22 am

Life is even more beautiful for that Amil in front of whom you have to bow down and cower or for the DS kid who doesn't give a shit about what a self appreciating fool thinks about him. He is the one with true freedom. You are not. You need nice cars and trees, but that DS kid is in need of nothing. Sorry but you are not free. You are a slave of your nafs. A difficult concept for you to grasp. But you are more ignorant than you are privileged.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:01 am

Late Asghar Ali Peerbhoy once told me about Sir Adamji peerbhoy, how he would walk in the Yateem Khana he operated. After the food was laid out he would walk in with his head down hands in the back. Then he would sit at random places for his own lunch with the children. That is exactly how I enter most places of worship. Be it Gurdwara, Bhai temple, Bhudist temple or any masjid or ImamBara. I dont fold my hands for anybody. I have done it for three people in my life. Allah, my parents and my wife.

Bow down, get off me. You know the only other person that had the walk, Mr. Fakhruddin Millwala. I stay conspicuous. I dont go there for food. Maybe a chai. If you eat they think they own you. Why sell your soul so cheap.

You are calling a Malang a Fool, fool.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 am

Do you go to these places of worship in your "niche" cars?

It doesn't matter how great you want us to believe you are. You revealed your petty self in the first post of this thread.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 am

It doesn't matter how great you want us to believe you are. You revealed your petty self in the first post of this thread.
Br Anjami
Salaam
Please give it rest to Br Seeker 110 about his comments and move on. You made your point and keep on harping makes you seem
to more arrogant. Hope in the spirit of Ramadan Kareem, you will take this as brotherly advice and not a command.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 am

I try to run away from people who think they have found the truth. I like people who are seeking truth.

Religious nuts are the most stupid people and schooling is no measure of intelligence. Br. A has the personality of an Amil.

He takes pride in having, last word.

K sera sera .

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:09 pm

I am going to take the high road and apologize to brother seeker. You see, i have a beautiful wife who is really beautiful and my kids are so smart that i am sitting on top of the mountain in the clouds surrounded by beautiful trees that I planted when I was completely debt free at the age of 9. And when I visit the gurdwara to pray to Allah, i dont see any DS kids running around there. Only bohras have DS kids. My parents are bohras too.

And my wife is so beautiful. She is calling me now. I have to go. She married me, so she isn't the smartest cookie in the jar but once Brad Pitt crashed his car trying to get a look at her at sunset blvd, she is so beautiful. Sorry again brother seeker. I am on the high road now and will remain there. Plucking bananas from my beautiful trees now. My bananas are really good. Sorry, i forgot i was supposed to be on the high road. No DS kids or ugly people here. Just me and my beautiful wife. Shit I forgot she was calling me at the beginning of this paragraph. See you, if you guys ever get the privilege of taking the high road.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Bro SBM, once in a while we all need some entertainment. And sometimes we need a tool at whose expense we can get it. I am enjoying this too much to just call it quits.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:45 am

And once again, I am going to take the high road and wish you guys a very mubarak eid mubarak. May Allah put some aql in your head and replace it with the bhusaa that you have filled it with.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Twist, the child was budding 11 or 12 yr old female.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:12 am

seeker110 wrote:Twist, the child was budding 11 or 12 yr old female.

Seeker, drop it. the nonsense has gone on long enough now