Hijama/Cupping in Dawoodi Bohra

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
kseeker

Hijama/Cupping in Dawoodi Bohra

Unread post by kseeker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 am

I would like to know if there is any mention of Hijama/ Blood cupping in Dawoodi Bohra books.. is it approved, useful and any other information you could share..

thanks

Dumbledore

Re: Hijama/Cupping in Dawoodi Bohra

Unread post by Dumbledore » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:54 pm

I am sure majority of so called bohri mails does not know meaning of hijama/cupping and tibb of rasoolillah saws.

They know how to do "hajamat" of ghetas

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Related Article :-

The Olympics, Cupping and Prophet Muhammad

So the Olympics 2016 in Rio is in full flow and a few athletes have already won gold.

However, many people are talking about red marks seen on athletes such as US swimmer Michael Phelps’s, Gymnast Alex Naddour and others. These red marks are caused by cupping and many people are curious about it.

This isn’t too surprising to Muslims though. Why? Because it has been a tradition of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) who practiced it and recommend it more than 1400 years ago!

Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Indeed the best of remedies you have is cupping (hijama)…” Bukhari (5371)

Even the Angels were talking about it!

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, I did not pass by any group of angels on the night of Al Isra’, except they said to me: “O Muhammad, tell your nation to do cupping”. Ibn Majah, 3477

So, what is it?

Hijama حجامة‎‎ “sucking” is the Arabic term for wet cupping, where blood is drawn by vacuum from a small skin incision for therapeutic purposes.

There is also a ‘dry cupping’ which does not draw out the blood (like the previous pic). Some use it for massaging; using olive oil in order to make easy movement of the cups.

(Warning the following picture is not for the faint-hearted!)

Does it hurt?

The pain is minimal, like a prick, but then again it depends on what hurts you and what doesn’t! However, this is a great Sunnah and benefits your body a lot. So don’t lose out.

What’s the medical benefits from the Sunnah?

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) done Hijamah to cure Headaches, poison, spiritual evils etc. …

Other medical benefits…

Hijama therapy helps treat the following conditions: fatigue, period pain, constipation and diarrhea, headaches, back pain, arthritis, injuries, asthma, anemia, depression and emotional problems, atrophy, sciatica, common cold and flu, skin problems, emotional problems, depression and much more. Learn more here.

Can women do it too?

Yes. There are many sisters who perform Hijamah, so ask around for someone trustworthy inshaAllah.

Sunnah Days

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever performs cupping (hijama) on the 17th, 19th or 21st day (of the Islamic, lunar month) then it is a cure for every disease.” Sunan Abi Dawud

How does it feel?

Alhamdulillah I have done Hijamah myself and I can tell you at the beginning it can be a little nerve wracking, but you feel good after doing it. Getting rewards of Sunnah as well as benefiting your body. The last time I did it was in the great city of Madinah. The Hajjam emphasised so much on the Sunnah that I increased the number of cups I initially asked for! I had such a lovely sleep the very next day after getting it done! Try it :)

http://ilmfeed.com/the-olympics-cupping ... -muhammad/

kseeker

Unread post by kseeker » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:47 am

thanks ghulam mohammed... however, are there any references of hijama in daim ul islam or taweel ud daim?

i tried it myself and i agree with the author's comments. very nerve wracking initially but had the best night sleep ever that night... greatly affected my back ache as well... i did the chinese method though where you create a vaccum by lighting a matchstick in the cup to get rid of air and then immideately place it on the skin... in arabia, they use a pumb to suck the air out....