Bohra Muharram 2016 and related topics

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think

Re: Bohra Muharram 2016 and related topics

Unread post by think » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:03 pm

quran itself says speak slowly and softly. A loud mouth is not liked and is referred to in the quraan as a braying of an ass i.e. donkey.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:15 am

I hear there will be live waaz by a Fatemi Dawat Bhaisaheb in Thane, New Jersey and London this year. Has anyone attended one of their waaz in the West before?

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am

I have attended a couple days on the West Coast in the past years. Waaz is 100 times better, natak is 100 times lesser, conversation in thaal is 100 times more interesting, hatred is 100 times lesser, comraderie is 100 times greater, ghum e Hussain is the main purpose and is infinitely more real. It will feel so especially this year as they will not be parroting the practiced aaaaaahhhhhs.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:34 am

objectiveobserver53 wrote:I have attended a couple days on the West Coast in the past years. Waaz is 100 times better, natak is 100 times lesser, conversation in thaal is 100 times more interesting, hatred is 100 times lesser, comraderie is 100 times greater, ghum e Hussain is the main purpose and is infinitely more real. It will feel so especially this year as they will not be parroting the practiced aaaaaahhhhhs.
Thanks for the review bro.

tipu sultan

Unread post by tipu sultan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:36 pm

objectiveobserver53 wrote:I have attended a couple days on the West Coast in the past years. Waaz is 100 times better, natak is 100 times lesser, conversation in thaal is 100 times more interesting, hatred is 100 times lesser, comraderie is 100 times greater, ghum e Hussain is the main purpose and is infinitely more real. It will feel so especially this year as they will not be parroting the practiced aaaaaahhhhhs.
Are they striving to be 100% on the right path....

Dont get me wrong FD are better than Mufadali by big margin , but long way to polishing being Muslim, Mumin or Al Muhsin.

Pray they strive and revert back to Islam.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:01 pm

The waaz performed by STF are infinitely more valuable and uplifting than the freak show put on by the followers of Dawedar Mr. Muffadul Saifuddin (DMMS). Specially, in the recent years the fanaticism has increased hundred fold, and given the ohbat videos we have seen here, they promise to be even worse this year. Those who are forced to go, I recommend, please carry ear buds in case one of your fellow followers of DMMS decides to scream "aaaaaaah" on top of his/her voice for no apparent reason. You have been warned.

The sermons delivered by STF are very informative. He has an ability to move between topics smoothly, peppers his sermon with Qur'anic verses, their meanings and puts the concepts of Shaaria in context of modern times. He seems to have a prodigious memory, and recites verses from the Qur'an and various hadith and poems by heart, without looking at his notes. He also smiles! This is most extraordinary sight to those who are accustomed to the scowling and menacing face of DMMS, who always appears, Allah only knows why, angry at the world and everyone in it.

The description of the martydom of Imam Hussain, although the central theme of the sermons, is treated with respect and at the appropriate times. This increases the depth of feelings, and enhances the appreciation, for the sacrifices of Imam Hussain. In contrast, the followers of DMMS have converted this solemn event into a ritual, where one yells on top of their voice, makes silly rovah jeevu mooh, and beats oneself silly. Truly, the actions of DMMS are a great insult to Imam Hussain's memory, cheapening the event, and converting it to a freak show.

The people of Fatemi Dawaat are friendly, and no one feels like they need to bend and fawn in front of every Tom, Dick and Harry. There is a great feeling of friendship and peace.

My advise to all people is to avoid going to waaz organized by DMMS and his crazy Aamils. If you can not physically attend the sermons of STF or other Fatemi Dawaat folk, please stay home and listen to the youtube broadcasts, which will also be (hopefully) done this year.

In addition, I suggest you take some time understanding our history, our philosophy and our culture on your own. It is not as hard as it appears. If you have a public library, go get some books and make it a point to read and learn on your own time. Think of this as a way of increasing your own spirituality and your knowledge. Read translations of the Qur'an and the Nahj al-Balagha. Try and read with understanding. Don't be in a race. I recommend the new Qur'an translation and commentary by Seyyed Hossein Nasr called "The Study Qur'an". I recommend you pick up a book on Ismaili history and read it too. There are numerous books on Imam Hussain, even for free online. Don't worry about the authors, if they are Bohras, Sunni, Shia or even non-Muslim. Remember that knowledge comes from many sources and if your own convictions are strong, they will help you to become a better person and understand your heritage better.

If you can't learn on your own, due to being busy to otherwise occupied, I recommend at least read the du'a written by Imam Hussain for the day of Arafa. There is a wonderful recitation on youtube with translations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTTyCkEljnk. Try and reflect on the message of the du'a, and the sublime personality of the one who wrote it.

In short, avoid events organized by DMMS, and go the waaz organized by Fatemi Dawaat folk. In the worst case, stay home and observe the days on your own, with your friends and family, if you can. But for god's sake, don't yell "aaaaaaah" and make a mockery of Imam Hussain's memory.

clippedwings

Unread post by clippedwings » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:34 pm

I recently attended a FD event and have to say that my experience was completely different to anything I have experienced with MS. I had gone to ashara in Houston last year and saw the freak show, heard that stupid speech by Badri Lacewala and saw the deification of MS. Over the past year my disbelief In MS has solidified. He makes gaffe after gaffe that his PR team then either try to justify or walk back on. He's basically the dai version of Trump.

I felt able to express myself and opinions in FD. I felt like I could be me and not have to censor myself because of what people would think or whether I would get in trouble for speaking up. I was able to have an intelligent, open and honest conversation with the bensaheb, something that I have never done nor been inclined to do on MS side. I experienced no pressure and in fact felt welcomed, even though I am technically still on MS side.

Initially I was sceptical about FD - a family feud over money. But after witnessing how they conduct themselves and their values, I must say that I am very impressed. For those who are sceptical here - i would recommend reaching out to someone on FD side and finding out for yourself.

MS's waazes have become a joke. I actively try to switch off. The 1 bayan I attended of FD was informative and enjoyable.

I would also like to point out - I had expressed an interest to a friend of mine from FD about wanting to have sabaqs in English. Within a couple of weeks I started having sabaqs with a vey learned member of FD. The sabaq is in English and is also attended by a non-Bohra. All attendees of the sabaq are not FD. I have asked questions that have touched on the fundamentals of our religion and have received such insightful answers, without any judgement. Can you ever imagine this happening on MS side?

Michigan

Unread post by Michigan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,
Can you please pm me the location for the said sabaqs in English. I would like to attend if possible. Any FD events in Chicagoland?

Thank you

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:25 am

After watching these videos ..I. couldn't help but imagine as to how MS abdes will appear on live TV relays this moharram.. :mrgreen:
I hope during the mourning days of Moharram I don't end up giggling looking at the theatrics of MS and his Jamea Junglees/Adivaasis howling like wild wolves

clippedwings

Unread post by clippedwings » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:24 am

Michigan wrote:Hi,
Can you please pm me the location for the said sabaqs in English. I would like to attend if possible. Any FD events in Chicagoland?

Thank you

I have sent you a PM.

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:39 am

http://newsin.asia/spiritual-head-dawoo ... -minister/

MS has turned Ashara into nothing more than a money making annual event, where even politicians are wooing for the event to be held in their countries. We are not too far from a future where Ashara is nothing more than an Olympic style event, where special ashara select committees will be created (bohras and politicians) all vying for this event to take place in their countries, where underhand dealings will take place and country's selected 5 years ahead to maximise profits.

Medals will be handed out for the loudest wailer, highest amount of tears, synchronised chest beating,......

clippedwings

Unread post by clippedwings » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:13 am

Sabar wrote:http://newsin.asia/spiritual-head-dawoo ... -minister/

MS has turned Ashara into nothing more than a money making annual event, where even politicians are wooing for the event to be held in their countries. We are not too far from a future where Ashara is nothing more than an Olympic style event, where special ashara select committees will be created (bohras and politicians) all vying for this event to take place in their countries, where underhand dealings will take place and country's selected 5 years ahead to maximise profits.

Medals will be handed out for the loudest wailer, highest amount of tears, synchronised chest beating,......
Thank you for posting this article. MS seems to be pushing "love of one's country" and "be law abiding citizens" at every opportunity. Seems like he has changed his tune from "who are mamlakans to tell us what to do" when he referring to FGM. Perhaps the prime minister of Sri Lanka should listen to that clip before heaping (undue) praise.

I sometimes wonder why ashara is announced so shortly before it starts, putting a huge strain on the local Jamaat to organise and finance the entire event. Shouldn't the cost of the entire event be covered by Kothar Inc.?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:54 pm

watsup msg

Forwarded as Received

Ashara 1438 naa Bookie naa Bhaav -

Sidhpur 08 paisa
Surat 12 paisa
Indore 25 paisa
Africa mix 35 paisa

:lol: :lol:

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 am

I thought sidhpur is already declared.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:05 pm

watsup msg

Forwarded as Received :-

Mustafa Lokhandwala (Kandivli, Mumbai) has blocked flight tickets for Dar e Salam. Andar khaane badha ne khabar che kaha Ashara thavana che, to pachhi why fool Mumineens ??? Kher BS aney Amilo jabran Jamat wala si Araz karaavey che aney saara ma saara Najwa lai che jeno bhaar hamara jeeva Mumino par aavey che. Dar e Salam jo fix thai gayu che to elaan kem nathi karta ?? Ya ke pachhi Mustafa Lokhandwala ne Ghaib si maalum padu che ???

Jaago Mumineen Jaago !!

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 pm

kimanumanu wrote:IMG-20160804-WA0003.jpg

Ashara is already confirmed in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania as per attached news article.
SMS already told Tanzanian gov't that he is coming to Dar es Salaam in October as per the news article posted above. So yes it is very surprising that there is still a bidding war going on despite an open declaration. One does wonder which world abdes and amtes live in!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11213#p173042

gulam_parinda

Unread post by gulam_parinda » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:25 am

Muffy inc. has launched new business for all Amil's wives aka. bensaheba. They are going to every house of the community with 1-2 their bandies or kaniz (bunnaiyat members) and giving these bookmarks with ashara ohbat instructions..and off course taking good salaam covers. :?
Attachments
IMG_20160915_132649530.jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Taswuraat Araz - Noha Aweel Majalis

Al Dai Al Fatemi Syedna Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS is calling each and every mumin towards “Az'heru n Nauha wal Aweel” (Make apparent your tears and lament).

Mumineen throughout the world have answered by saying Labbaik and are attending Majalis of Imam Hussain AS respectively.

These gatherings in the name of Imam Hussain AS have bestowed a lot of barakaat and prosperity in mumineen’s lives.
Taking this opportunity to thank our beloved Aqa Moula TUS, mumineen can send their Tasa’wuraat(reflections), Taa’suraat and share their personal experiences by email on vt@its52.com for ARAZ in Hazrat Imamiyah.

Vasalaam,
Idaratut Ta'reef al Shakhsi (ITS)
Dawat e Hadiyah, Badri Mahal

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:28 am

mufaddal and co. are going to make lots of money this muharram.....true protest will be make them dry and do not provide single cent in their coffer.

Shk Mohammed Yamani

Unread post by Shk Mohammed Yamani » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Below text message from al wazaarat, (DELETED)
Its like going to Walmart and scanning the bar codes from the food products.
Why are they so desperate to know who comes and who doesn't.
Qaeed chor is waiting, all ready for fireworks show, the minute Muflo announce the FASAL, hes gangster brother, the choro ka badshah, will blow 1000's of pounds worth of fireworks and the abdes will scream aaaahhh aaahhhh Ooohhhh, like (DELETED)
Laanat on kothar (DELETED),
Bloody Beggars, always demanding NAJWA TUS (DELETED)

Sunday, 18 Sep 2016, 2:08:42 PM

Miqaat Attendance: Self-Scanning live on Android. iOS coming soon

We are glad to announce to all Mumineen, that ITS for the first time has launched the Self-Scanning feature on ITS mobile app. This feature enables mumineen to mark their presence on a click of a button.

Mumineen should mark their attendance if they are attending the Miqaat in any Masjid or Markaz across the world. Every mumin should obtain dua Mubarak of Aqa Moula TUS when this scan report is done araz for Dua Mubarak. 

Steps to follow

1) Update your ITS App

2) You have to be in Masjid/Markaz complex to use this feature

3) Select "Self Scan" from the drop down

The scan feature will go live between 8am - 3pm on Eid e Gadeer e Khum Vaaz Mubarak day. 

Please note : The self scan feature is not for Mumineen who are attending Vaaz Mubarak in Main Masjid with Aqa Moula TUS. Those mumineen are required to physically scan their cards to mark their attendance.

Click here to update your ITS App.

Vasalaam,

Idaratut Ta'reef al Shakhsi (ITS)
Dawat e Hadiyah, Badri Mahal,
Mumbai.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 am

I had vaguely read this development somewhere on this forum, probably by AZ's deep throat that kothar is developing a tracking feature with GPS technology or something. Correct me if wrong.

So what it is going to be like. people update thier FB status like when they visit a restaurant, airport, amusement park new update is gonna be like ..

"Abde Bewakoofwala is now at Markaz chest beating with rova jevu moo"

and people are going to tag, share, like and comment on the status update. these kothari buggers are getting into abde pants (pun intended) tracking thier movement through GPS and stuff .. heard of organized religion .. this taking the organize to a whole new level downwards !

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 am

After great discussion with imam us zaman, syedna has declared that ashura will be held at dar us Salam.

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 am

Darusalaam

Down TOWN

1 BHK – 10 Units @ 1400$

2 BHK – 5 Units @ 1900$

3 BHK – 2 Units @ 2500$

UPANGA (near masjid)

4 BHK Duplex – 2 Units @ 3200$

3 BHK – 2 Units @ 2800$

Masaki
(Masaki is 10-15 minutes drive but porsh area near sea view)

3 BHK – 8 Units @ 3200$

Note:-This amount is for one month per unit

Contact number
+255784545552

Courtesy:MAC

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:30 am

Sea view apartments for rent... And the carnival begins

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 am

At least he spoke the truth when he told the Tanzanian government back in August. Shame that the community does not appear to be reading newspapers or paying any attention to what he says outside masjid.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:33 am

So I heard the clip of the "fasal" for this years "Ashara Mubaraka". A huge cheer rang up. It was like how countries that win the rights to host Olympics or FIFA World Cup scream on hearing that they have won the bid.

Oh yes bid! Ashara have been reduced to competitive bidding just like Olympics & FIFA World Cup etc. There is lobbying, josltling for the rights to hold the event. For the last few months, whatsapp groups of Sidhpur have been buzzing with news & photos. How they made this facility and that. Similar to what competing countries do to win bids for sporting events.

So this year it will actually be a sporting fest in Africa. Saify Mahal Mafia will move in droves to do Shikar. Animals and humans alike will come to "Aqa Moula" and say Hamaro Shikar Karo. Difference being animals will be shot and killed and the humans will be fleeced. Blood of animals will be spilt and the willing Abdes will part with their money they earned spending sweat and blood.

And this year too there was no mention of Ilham of Imam-uz-Zaman. He has obviously been relegated to the footnotes or may be out of the book itself. Just like the post of Mazoon was made irrelevant, next on the list is Imam although it will be done subtly by just forgetting him.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Well, this year , of all the countries in the world the Tanzanian leader sold his soul. although dubai, Karachi, and the west are lucrative markets their leaders opted out of accepting a few coins from him. They realized it was below their dignity and self consciousness. The Tanzanian leader sold himself for his greed. He charged money for security and has staked out a commission for himself for everything the bohri visitors will spend. in his country i.e. transportation, lodging and boarding.No wonder Africa is what it is. "come to my shores , give me money and shoot my animals, give me money and my goondas will protect you.The bohris would be eating and living lavish during the moharram tamasha in Dares salaam while the local Tanzanians would watch and suffer since food prices and other commodities for them will shoot up the roof.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:51 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:watsup msg

Mustafa Lokhandwala (Kandivli, Mumbai) has blocked flight tickets for Dar e Salam. Andar khaane badha ne khabar che kaha Ashara thavana che, to pachhi why fool Mumineens ??? Kher BS aney Amilo jabran Jamat wala si Araz karaavey che aney saara ma saara Najwa lai che jeno bhaar hamara jeeva Mumino par aavey che. Dar e Salam jo fix thai gayu che to elaan kem nathi karta ?? Ya ke pachhi Mustafa Lokhandwala ne Ghaib si maalum padu che ???

Jaago Mumineen Jaago !!
The venue of the Mohurrum Tamasha is actually decided much before Eid e Ghadeer as is relevant from the above msg which was doing rounds almost a week before. Similarly, a few abdes from gulf countries had also booked flight tickets to Dar e Salam well in advance, in fact I personally know of one who had booked his family's tickets ONE AND HALF MONTHS IN ADVANCE. These are the ones who are very close to the zaadas and who pay wajebat in millions and are privy to INSIDE information.

As regards the average bohra, there is a sinister design to deliberately keep them on the edge of the seat (like a suspense movie) by creating euphoria and mass propaganda which makes them go mad and hysterical when the D day is announced. This technique helps the Saifee Mahal mafias attract more and more abdes thereby increasing their revenue by way of niyaz hoobs, qadambosi bethaks, mafsusiyats, hadiyats and last but not the least Ziyafats which follows IMMEDIATELY after 10th Mohurrum, in fact Ziyafats start right on the night of Ashura (SMB had taken Ziyafat on 10th Mohurrum during his vayez in Surat). So this "Ilham of Imam uz zaman" is a crap served to the abdes who have been happily digesting it since many many years !! Hence, nothing is going to change anytime in the future also because the corrupt Dai has learnt the tricks of the trade and will continue to fool these idiots who refuse to see the truth.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

watsup msg :

Sidhpur ni Jamat na member o ne, aney khaas kari ne Haji, Chhagan, Reshamwala, Millwala vagerey ne "Maha Murkh" no award aapvo joiye.

Rupiya 6 thi 8 Crore gutter ma naakhi didha... Tambuwala, Maachda banaavnar badhaaj aa murkho upar Hasey che, firki taaney che kaaran ke badhaa ne Lila laher thai gai....

Rupiya 6 thi 8 Crore no dhumaado karyo, aaj rupiya thi 25-30 na ghar bani gaya hot ya ghana garibo na farzando ni higher education no intezaam thai jaatey. Parantu aa kaam maatey aa logo paasey rupiya nathi pan Fizul kharch maatey che... Su aa logo ne Khuda maaf karsey ???

Sidhpur no deputy Amil Aun Ali maha culprit che.... Sidhpuri na ghana rupiya udaaviya che.

Qasre Ali na gunda o ne kai farak parva no nathi.... Logo na paisa bhaley gutter ma jaai, teo nu pet akhaa varas darmiyan Araz na salam ma alag alag gaam maa thi bharaai gayu che... Tamey badha bhaley bhaad ma jao, gor maharaj besharam apno share lai ne dakaar pan nai khaai....

Havey su ?? Khuda no Shukr karo ke Sidhpur select nathi thayu.... Jo thayu hot to haju Qasre Ali na gunda o moto haath faraaviyo hotey.... Upar janaavel Toli havey jaagey aney milkat ne gutter ma naakhva na badley garibo na hit ma vaaprey.