Bohra Muharram 2016 and related topics

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zinger

Re: Bohra Muharram 2016 and related topics

Unread post by zinger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:11 am

Watching an old recording of Burhanuddin maula in the mosque.

There is one guy in the back who's face has been masked.

Anyone know who that is?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:26 am

zinger wrote:Watching an old recording of Burhanuddin maula in the mosque.

There is one guy in the back who's face has been masked.

Anyone know who that is?
Zinger bhai you know who it is is. it must be one of the Qutbuddin brothers. Who else do they hate so much to photoshop the images

This is a good example of how or time our history has been tempered with. in books you can not know what has been masked or left out.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:28 am

zinger and way2go:
How long would you keep this charade up?
Either you are in or don't dare to be out!
You want eat at the 'thal' and keep it!
You have one foot in 'dudh' and the other in 'dahin'!
Split personality can become schizophrenia!

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:45 am

To watch videos of Muharram Majalis I recommend the following:
azadari.com

The link presents an excellent selection of renowned Shia Maulavis who deliver
excellent waez on knowledge-based Islamic topics culminating in the delivery
of a gut-wrenching shahadat of one or two of the saheeds.

clippedwings

Unread post by clippedwings » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:21 am

Mkenya wrote:zinger and way2go:
With all due respect, split personality can't become schizophrenia. Both are separate, serious illnesses, please don't make light of it. You can easily make your point without being insensitive so I ask you to please be mindful of the things you say in future.

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:08 am

08-10-2016-300043-6th-vaaz-42.png

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:23 am

The so called "corruption-free" president of Tanzania. With the so called "saviour" of bohras.
Attachments
thumb_IMG_4372_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_4367_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_4369_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_4368_1024.jpg

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:31 am

^
What a scene, Imam Hussain who went to Karbala without any security or Lashkar to fight corruption and the Dai of Hussain invites a corrupt leader to the stage with Security Detail to mourn the Shadhat of Husain.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:26 am

Mkenya, not all of us have the courage of imam Hussain AS, even though we do his Maatam all the time.
Yes. I'm a coward. I'm worried about societal norms and pressure. Happy, now that I've confessed? BTW, I of all people know the repercussions of speaking up. Trust me on that

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:25 am

zinger wrote:
Mkenya, not all of us have the courage of imam Hussain AS, even though we do his Maatam all the time.
Yes. I'm a coward. I'm worried about societal norms and pressure. Happy, now that I've confessed? BTW, I of all people know the repercussions of speaking up. Trust me on that
Zinger I understand its difficult but with most things in life, the more difficult it may seem the sweeter the rewards are. I’m so glad not to be part of the MS train wreck anymore, I’ve been following FD online and attended the last 2 waazs in person in London. I’m so thankful God gave me the strength to leave the MS circus, I used to come out of MS’s waaz perplexed and unnerved. Now attending FD waaz I feel spiritually fulfilled, the waazs are clear and place emphasis on pajatan pak further more I found the taal conversation were stimulating and covered the variety of topics and the bhaisaheb was extremely approachable which is a stark contrast from the gossip that was talk of the taal from the MS side.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:14 am

SBM wrote:^
What a scene, Imam Hussain who went to Karbala without any security or Lashkar to fight corruption and the Dai of Hussain invites a corrupt leader to the stage with Security Detail to mourn the Shadhat of Husain.
Actually, the truth is that this new leader of Tanzania (Magufuli - you can google his name and check for yourself) is, so far, very anti-corruption. He is a very humble, God fearing person (he is a devout Christian) and that is what he showed yesterday - humility and respect was genuine. Yes he is human and we have no guarantee that power will not corrupt him but so far, since he was elected last October 2015, he has been a breath of fresh air for Tanzanians.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:44 pm

clipped wings - I quote your post below:

With all due respect, split personality can't become schizophrenia. Both are separate, serious illnesses, please don't make light of it. You can easily make your point without being insensitive so I ask you to please be mindful of the things you say in future.

Man ohhh Man! I seem to have ruffled some feathers here. I am just an average person who has a rudimentary knowledge of the English language. If you are in the medical profession then you know better. But I must say you have 'split a hair' by my use of 'split personality'.

way2go

Unread post by way2go » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Salaams Mkenyabhai..... I am not keeping up any charade. I do not go to for any of MS's waaz period. Neither am I interested in eating at the 'Thaals'. I prefer sitting at home and hearing/seeing the Fatemi Dawat waaz and eating my good nutritious home cooked food.
Since Zingerbhai mentioned that he had gone to hear the relayed waaz and seemed disgusted by what he saw, I advised him to hear the FD waaz which definitely in my opinion has more substance than the ramblings of MS.
Dua Maa Yaad! Fiamanillah!

Sabar

Unread post by Sabar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 am

kimanumanu wrote:
SBM wrote:^
Actually, the truth is that this new leader of Tanzania (Magufuli - you can google his name and check for yourself) is, so far, very anti-corruption. He is a very humble, God fearing person (he is a devout Christian) and that is what he showed yesterday - humility and respect was genuine. Yes he is human and we have no guarantee that power will not corrupt him but so far, since he was elected last October 2015, he has been a breath of fresh air for Tanzanians.
The president cancelled independence day celebrations saying "It would be "shameful" to spend huge sums of money on the celebrations when "our people are dying of cholera". Does he not know of the extravagant “ceremonies” MS brings, or the millions spent on killing animals?
He banned all senior public officials from using fuel guzzling 4 x 4 cars and other luxury cars. Does he not know of MS’s fleet of luxury 4x4s?
From the article http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/JPM-th ... index.html you can understand why he would associate himself with MS, not out of respect for the bohra community but for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they can bring.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:52 am

Sabar wrote: From the article http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/JPM-th ... index.html you can understand why he would associate himself with MS, not out of respect for the bohra community but for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they can bring.
Indeed - if it brings more money to his country why would he not support it?

think

Unread post by think » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:43 pm

The way he is rubbing shoulders with the Africans,
woh wakt dur nahi jab na hum kisike hoon ge na koi hamara hoga

think

Unread post by think » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:18 pm

how ignorant is this statement of Mr. Mufadal" only mumineen having love for syedna Burhanuddin will go to jannat and the rest will go to hell" This means the entire God fearing population of the world will go to hell and even the president of Tanzania who is a christian is headed for hell since he is not a bohri and has no belief in any of the dai's.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Sabar wrote:The so called "corruption-free" president of Tanzania. With the so called "saviour" of bohras.
whats app msg :

Forwarded as Received :-

The secret behind President giving permission for Ashara and coming to Masjid and the President story behind the scenes is :-

1) Kothar is building a Dam in Tanzania

2) Kothar has promised a multi speciality hospital in Tanzania

3) Kothar will support 25% in redevelopment of railway network.

When Kothar promised all these things then the President gave permission in March 2016.

On the messages doing rounds in Bohra circles that even the Pope was not given such VIP treatment :

Pope didn't offer him anything
Pope was seeking permission on religious grounds, not on money power.

Itna sub milega toh koi bhi kadam par baith jaayega !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 pm

whats app msg :

Ashura event of this year at Dar es Salaam is tip of the iceberg to the big time Kothar's plan that has started unfolding from official attendance of the president at Ashara event. Now, this news of the large ceremonial event headed by the leader of Dawoodi Bohra with President of Tanzania is noted by international media.

The secret behind President giving permission for Ashara and coming to Masjid and President story behind it is :-

1) Kothar is building a Dam in Tanzania
2) Kothar has promised a multi speciality hospital in Tanzania
3) Kothar will support 25% in redevelopment of railway network.

When Kothar promised all these things then the President gave permission in March 2016. Above all Kothar has gifted a palatial bungalow to the President. Whereas, Pope didn't offer anything to the President as he was seeking permission on religious grounds and not on money power.

Now, one should understand the reasons behind Kothar's commitment to execute such massive projects from Jamat peoples funds. Kothar doesn't put a penny unless it gets handsome returns and the hospital project could turn out to be a big money churner (Don't forget the huge profits it makes in Saifee Hospital,Mumbai), the funds for Dam and railway project would also be provided as long term loan with interest and assurance of big contracts to their shadow companies from Tanzanian government. It can be foreseen that Kothar is gradually shifting its headquarters to Dar es Salaam in wake of its instability to survive in India with all the family feud and the commitment to feed the political starlets and ruling parties. From couple of decades Kothar was seeking to relocate its headquarters outside India and found Egypt the best option and then Kothar built strong ties with Hosni Mubarak who was in complete power at that time. Then Kothar started restoring lots of Masjids, supported the Egyptian government and relocated many Bohras in Misar. Shifting its headquarters to Misar didn't work out due to unstable political conditions later.

Now, Dar es Salaam is the best option with large number of Bohras residing there and in neighboring countries. Moreover, the economic conditions are apt for Kothar to make its strong hold there. When the world is facing financial crisis, it becomes the right time to strike with its agenda. This will gradually turn into a political representation of Kothar in Tanzania. And in due course of time with such popularity and affluent figures there are all chances that Kothar party can come into ruling that country.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Sounds plausible as the President very clearly asked Bohras to continue their stay in the country and do business.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:23 pm

unnamed (38).jpg
unnamed (44).jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 pm

VAYEZ EFFECTS
unnamed (40).jpg
unnamed (41).jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:42 pm

whats app msg :

Dear Daresalaam Fellowmen & Touring Members............. Please Note that I Have Come here To Enjoy, Eat,Shoot, Accept Gifts in Multiples ( Cars in diff Brands ) Bungalows, Gold and Dollars is My Fundamental Right....In Return I will Give You a ONE SQUARE FEET OF PLOT IN JANAAH... Which Belongs to My Father and Grand Father... Regarding Waaz of 10 Days You have Heard From the Best Waizeen and I am Not a Good Orator Nor Have any Deep Knowledge of ..But I have recently opened Schools which have Taught Everyone How to Cry ( crocs tears ) because I can only Shout like Modi ).Hope You Will See all the City and near by places with the pocket money left with You....

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Full video of the President's visit and speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoVr20ZxnoQ

Zali110

Unread post by Zali110 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Zali110 wrote:Over whelmed with the Reply from this Amil :P
My attachment didn't show

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:47 pm

whats app masg :

Mohurrum Khatam, Bayan Khatam, Matam aney Rova Jevu Muh banaavu Khatam.... Ek baaju Muffy ni Ziyafato shuru aney biji baaju Bohra o ni Mauj Maja shuru...
unnamed (50).jpg
unnamed (48).jpg
unnamed (47).jpg
unnamed (51).jpg
unnamed (46).jpg
unnamed (49).jpg
Attachments
unnamed (48).jpg

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:52 am

ok so muharram is over and I can see sky is still in its place and earth is still rotating on its axis.

so what was all that hype all about?

what will happen to the career of those who stupidly kept 10 days leave?

how long are we going to tolerate this drama year after year?

will there be again 10000 majlis before muharram next year? are we again going to get in to stupid scams from kothar?

when we bohras going to say no to this madness?
Last edited by I Rizwan on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:52 am

Some people are so much better at doing a waaz, then it doesnt matter if it is an Aamil, a zakireen or a miyasaab.

This Tuesday, the aamil of our masjid, IMHO, delivered a very nice waaz on Ashura

it wasnt outstanding but yes, it was simple, emotional and very moving.

You dont have to always be a Dai or Shz to deliver a waaz which can move me

to be honest, none of MS's waaz do. the way he was rushing through the shahadat nu bayan on Saturday's relay made me wonder how can anyone muster up any kind of emotions given the way he delivered the bayaan :roll:

im sure people like Adam and Progticide and my other brothers in faith will disagree, but this is my personal opinion

Mumur

Unread post by Mumur » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:33 pm

A song which totally fits the situation. Lyrics are from Sufi poet Bulleh Shah. Please do watch
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkxvLJrvPg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:06 pm

whats app msg :

OPEN LETTER

Mr. John Magufuli
President,
Tanzania.

Your Excellency,

Thank you for coming to the Dawoodi Bohra sermon yesterday.

You were witness to a picture of masterly deception.

The tools deployed : White clothes, flowing beards and structured seating.

What the deception papered over was a number of these points :

Mr. Mufaddal Saifuddin faces a serious charge (along with his brothers) of having manipulated his considerably aged and suffering father (the late venerable 52nd Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin) for pronouncing him successor.

Mr. Saifuddin has done virtually nothing for the broad Dawoodi Bohra community since he took over as spiritual pontiff.

Mr. Saifuddin has been accused of encouraging primitive women's practices (genital cutting), insisting that women's rightful place is home and that they should study no more than Home Science.

Mr. Saifuddin has virtually no track record of governance of any sort. A number of the less-privileged in the community suffer from a dearth of primary health care, education and skilling opportunities even as he himself becomes wealthier.

Mr. Saifuddin extracts a large number of taxes from his followers on one pretext or the other with no accountability or visible welfare spending.

Mr. Saifuddin is a poacher responsible for killing precious endangered fauna as his personal sport.

So while you will be obviously thrilled with your cheque, religious tourism-driven demand and the prospect of industrial investment, it may help to remember that much of what you received has come at the expense of the poor, weak and the suffering.

Good luck while encashing your cheque !

Sincerely,

A bemused Tanzanian Bohra lady.