Dawoodi Bohras in the media 2017-18

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
dal-chaval-palidu

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat May 06, 2017 1:57 pm

More news from on this topic ...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 101354438/

In the wake of a genital mutilation investigation that has gripped a small religious community in fear, Michigan officials moved Friday to terminate the parental rights of several families whose children authorities believe may have been subjected to genital cutting procedures, a person close to the case said late Friday.

Among those targeted by Michigan Child Protective Services are the two doctors charged in the landmark genital mutilation case in Detroit federal court, the person said.

CPS is not looking to remove the children from the homes, the source said, but many families were notified on Friday about a parental rights termination process and are scrambling to get lawyers.

At least three families have scheduled appearances in Oakland County Circuit Court on Monday.

The CPS effort involves at least seven children, possibly more. Attorneys have previously told the Free Press that CPS and the FBI have removed numerous Muslim girls from their classes in school in the last month and interrogated them and their mothers about genital mutilation. Those girls have also been subjected to medical exams, say lawyers.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat May 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Bohra parents had legal liberty to look after their children. The criminals were trying to protect themselves and escape punishment.

But Bohras have shown they cannot be trusted to look after their children.

This also prevents the children being removed from the parents
The law’s concept of the family rests on a presumption that parents possess what a child lacks in maturity, experience, and capacity for judgment required for making life’s difficult decisions. More important, historically it has recognized that natural bonds of affection lead parents to act in the best interests of their children..

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun May 07, 2017 8:23 am

I have just finished reading energetic arguments on the Speak Out on FGM Facebook page. Very interesting to see one Fatemi Dawat person Munira Hamza beat back the attacks from Muffu acolytes. Muffy looks like a neophyte with his wishy washy, back and forth indecision on the topic and STF comes across as someone guiding his community with a steady hand. Some of the FGM stories from the activists are painful to hear. I urge everyone to read the post "Some points to consider:" by Munira Hamza. It has a lot of information about the female anatomy and why it makes sense to let the adult woman decide whether she wants to undergo khafz. Really excellent read that group and many of its posts! Morning well spent!

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 am

ajamali wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 8:23 am I have just finished reading energetic arguments on the Speak Out on FGM Facebook page. Very interesting to see one Fatemi Dawat person Munira Hamza beat back the attacks from Muffu acolytes. Muffy looks like a neophyte with his wishy washy, back and forth indecision on the topic and STF comes across as someone guiding his community with a steady hand. Some of the FGM stories from the activists are painful to hear. I urge everyone to read the post "Some points to consider:" by Munira Hamza. It has a lot of information about the female anatomy and why it makes sense to let the adult woman decide whether she wants to undergo khafz. Really excellent read that group and many of its posts! Morning well spent!
I came across this group a few months ago and it has been on my reading list ever since. Muffy acolytes have recently made an appearance and sure enough they are generating a lot of noise without much substance. They are once again bringing out all the old arguments that have been settled a long time ago and being repetitive about getting Munira Hamza banned from the group - which is a joke given how informed her contributions to the group have been. I agree that Munira Hamza is doing a remarkable job pushing them back. I see a lot of the Western and Hindu activists agreeing with her comments.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun May 07, 2017 10:02 am

ajamali wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 8:23 am I have just finished reading energetic arguments on the Speak Out on FGM Facebook page. Very interesting to see one Fatemi Dawat person Munira Hamza beat back the attacks from Muffu acolytes. Muffy looks like a neophyte with his wishy washy, back and forth indecision on the topic and STF comes across as someone guiding his community with a steady hand. Some of the FGM stories from the activists are painful to hear. I urge everyone to read the post "Some points to consider:" by Munira Hamza. It has a lot of information about the female anatomy and why it makes sense to let the adult woman decide whether she wants to undergo khafz. Really excellent read that group and many of its posts! Morning well spent!
Thanks for the recommendation. I see that Muffi Zainu fell flat on his face trying to get Munira Hamza blocked from the group. Just like the Mufaddalies to go about the WRONG task. MS the fool has managed to get his people in jail and families are being jeopardized and little girls are being hurt because of the "mad rants of a mad man," and Muffi Zainu is spending all his energy trying to get this lady blocked from the group!!! A group that was created to do the exact thing she is doing. Talk about a fight that is DOA.

These mufaddalies live in a bubble and they think it works the same everywhere. They think they can harass and intimidate people into silence! Funny to see them fall flat on their face when they step outside the bubble.

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun May 07, 2017 10:16 am

UnhappyBohra wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 10:02 am Just like the Mufaddalies to go about the WRONG task....
Agree! It never even occurred to them that they are in this soup because little girls are being forced to undergo a procedure that is very likely harmful to them and so they should fix THAT problem! All they can focus on is the propaganda that can be done to do damage control. The leadership is utterly incompetent and the community is rotting from the inside. All the brain washing schools in the world, inventing of a new language, isolation of the followers is not going to save them from the rot that is eating the community from the inside and the leadership that is feeding that rot.

sugguma

Unread post by sugguma » Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 am

:!: :?:
Last edited by sugguma on Tue May 16, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sun May 07, 2017 8:22 pm

It is unclear what federal agents seized during the search at a 2,600-square-foot colonial owned by a 48-year-old friend of Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, the first person charged nationwide with committing female genital mutilation.

The search came as agents continue to hunt for victims and others involved in an alleged mutilation conspiracy.

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Mon May 08, 2017 12:01 am

I liked the information on the Facebook page of the Speak Out on FGM group. It is interesting to see that Mufaddalies are coming out in droves trying to defend the procedure now; when before they were tripping over each other trying to convince us that the MS directive was to NOT do khafz......Only when he was caught red handed have they changed their tune.... The confusion is tremendous!! With their open support of khafz, they are now admitting that the letters that were sent out by the jamaats that "banned" khafz, were a sham, a legal cover. Small surprise then that the FBI is now calling it a conspiracy to conduct FGM. It is not looking good for mufaddalies. They, keep digging the whole deeper for themselves. Pity the families. They are now reaching out to Fatemi Dawat for advice!! Better late than never I suppose. It does seem like divine intervention to wake people up!!

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm

One of the biggest scandal in Bohra times, one would group it to accusations of Aurangzeb crisis.

International police and media on over run.

While Diai are silent , shy and making no further public statements. No fresh or recent directives . No fly in fly out major crises joint operations or discussion. One diai is probably on a hunting junket while other is focused on regaining lost power

Meanwhile lawyers running the till

I hope followers of both factions notice the price of their years of blind loyalty.

Shk Mohammed Yamani

Unread post by Shk Mohammed Yamani » Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Ozdundee wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm One of the biggest scandal in Bohra times, one would group it to accusations of Aurangzeb crisis.

International police and media on over run.

While Diai are silent , shy and making no further public statements. No fresh or recent directives . No fly in fly out major crises joint operations or discussion. One diai is probably on a hunting junket while other is focused on regaining lost power

Meanwhile lawyers running the till

I hope followers of both factions notice the price of their years of blind loyalty.
Very well said oz Bhai
Even the 54th self proclaimed Syedna of the Qutbi clan has taken the oath of silence. Where are his educated brothers and bazat sisters? Were they part of the pro FGM group when the whole clan of 51st and 52nd Dai Mafia were living under one roof in Saifee Mahal? Answer, YES they were. Same dirty blood runs in their dirty veins.
"Daawat ni waato ne ghair logo na samne zaahir naa kare" this is the moto of these 2 pretending care takers of Dawoidi Bohras, the so called agents of Allah subhanahu wa taalaa who claims to have spiritual power of taking their jungli bearded and rida clad disciples to Heaven if they pay them zakaat Money, wajebat money and nazrul maqam money.
Bunch of thieves the lot

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Shk Mohammed Yamani wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 pm
Very well said oz Bhai
Even the 54th self proclaimed Syedna of the Qutbi clan has taken the oath of silence. Where are his educated brothers and bazat sisters? Were they part of the pro FGM group when the whole clan of 51st and 52nd Dai
It seems that the reformists don't really want reform, they just want to bellyache!
Meanwhile women of Fatemi Dawat are thrilled that with one statement, STF has eliminated forced cutting of minor girls from his community for good! So whinge away if you must and keep living your lives looking in the rear view mirror while we look ahead to a brighter future.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Well after all said and done. Kothari Goons will tell all the abdes /amtes who will be serving their time in Jail to do Tasbih
of SMB and STS while doing Maatam.
So now here is Mojiza of SMS, from now on the Aah and Buka of Imam Hussain and the name of Muqqaddas Moula will be recited in the Jails of USA/Australia and other countries. SU NIRALI SHAAN CHEY...

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Crater Lake wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm
It seems that the reformists don't really want reform, they just want to bellyache!
Meanwhile women of Fatemi Dawat are thrilled that with one statement, STF has eliminated forced cutting of minor girls from his community for good! So whinge away if you must and keep living your lives looking in the rear view mirror while we look ahead to a brighter future.
It is true that STF has, perhaps by sheer luck, taken a stand which has essentially eliminated this practice. No adult woman in her right mind will subject herself to this absurd procedure. Hence, over all, I would say STF has clearly shown (perhaps inadvertently) good leadership on this issue.

Also, why, for God's sake, would Fatemi Dawaat get involved in this case? These guys are hard-core Muffy lovers. Why would FD get involved? It would make matters worse.

I want to point a couple of things out:

First, I have listened to a lot of waaz and other lectures from STF and before that from SKQ. I have not heard even once from them that one MUST wear rida, or MUST keep jungli dadhi or wear topi everywhere one goes. They rarely focus on such things, but are instead more focused on general history, philosophy and generic guidance. In contrast, Muffy is hell-bent on converting the community into a bunch of backward Taliban like extremists. Look at the pronouncements on women, his idea of compulsory tiffin, his non-stop collection of money and his angry mad rants on FGM, dadhi, peculiar clothes etc etc. Even during the time of SMB, SKQ rarely focused on these issue. I mean, his own daughter wore just a headscarf while she was in U Chicago getting her Phd! What bigger message could he send than this?

Second, Muffy has totally failed at being a leader. He has caused complete chaos on his watch. First, the case in Australia. Now the case in the US. His own followers don't know if to defend FGM or to oppose it. Jamaats send letters to "obey the law of the land" (not to stop FGM) and then Muffy goes off script and rants and raves about how FGM MUST be done. Now people have been arrested, he is busy eating delicious ziyaafat and hunting innocent animals. Meanwhile, some crazed fanatics are trying to defend the practice. So what is the true guidance? Should one do FGM or not? Should one defend it or assist the FBI? Should we obey the law of the land or not? Total chaos and lack of leadership. How can this man be a da'i?

Further, his scheme to eliminate "bad habits" has backfired on him, and turned into a means of humiliating his followers. He had to cancel this scheme. His so-called thali scheme has made people dependent on him. Everywhere one turns, local jamaats are becoming cynical, there is widespread corruption, people feel afraid and fanaticism is on the rise. He has been exposed for being a power hungry maniac by his own actions. He puts his foot in his mouth whenever he gets angry or upset, which is close of 75% of the time.

How can anyone believe Muffy is a sane person, capable of being a leader, leave alone a da'i? And, how can anyone compare STF to this backward seventh-naa-pass buffoon escapes me. There is no comparison. Yes, FD has issues and they need to clarify why they kept silent for so long, but there is no comparison at all.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Mon May 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Not sure if this was posted before. It is pretty interesting article in a widely read national magazine about Bohra practice of FGM. It also calls Muffy and his bros "totalitarian kings". Really amazing to see the total humiliation and degradation of Muffy and his cheelas. Good job Mr Muffy! You have really hit it out of the park this time!!

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... men-khatna

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm
It is true that STF has, perhaps by sheer luck, taken a stand which has essentially eliminated this practice. No adult woman in her right mind will subject herself to this absurd procedure. Hence, over all, I would say STF has clearly shown (perhaps inadvertently) good leadership on this issue.
I can assure you that good leadership is never inadvertent.
Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm Also, why, for God's sake, would Fatemi Dawaat get involved in this case? These guys are hard-core Muffy lovers. Why would FD get involved? It would make matters worse.
What makes you think that FD is actively involved in this case? Women who were anti-FGM for decades are still anti FGM and now continue to speak out albeit in more organised forums. It just so happens that a couple of them belong to FD and the rest are all still largely Mufaddali or reformist. I think that the FD women on these forums are doing a fine job of crystallizing the superior leadership of STF on the issue vs. the MS flim flam. To the extent that the law enforcement is seeking the help of the FD women, they are co-operating and steering the law enforcement towards the real culprits that are Mufaddal Saifuddin and his henchmen. I have seen the FD women advocate strongly for leniency towards the parents and for strong action against the Mufaddali leadership. I think they are doing a fine job of it and I agree with that approach as any lasting change will only come if the leadership pays a high price for it's role in the continuation of this practice, especially after the deceptive letters.
Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm Yes, FD has issues and they need to clarify why they kept silent for so long, but there is no comparison at all.
It is very simple to understand why we did not hear from Fatemi Dawat on this issue prior to when we did. Fatemi Dawat was Syedna Burhanuddin's dawat and his Mazoon in that dawat had been systematically sidelined to the point of having no voice for a very long time. That is a fact. So the reformists can just accept the fact or they can whinge away and thump the table ,demanding, why this and why that, while Fatemi Dawat benefits from the reform that an educated visionary is bringing to the community.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 pm

OB53: Did I say FD was involved in this case? Read carefully.

Also, the excuse that SKQ was sidelined and did not have a voice is a weak and unconvincing one. One must question if these people have cynically exploited the situation to show they are holier-than-thou. Why make the anti-FGM announcement when there was chaos due to the Australian case and not before? Obviously, at least the timing is suspicious.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think STF is significantly better than the buffoon Muffy. But that is not saying much, is it? Muffy has set the bar so low that even a half-wit will be smarter. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand FGM is bad. Did FD people really need STF to say it was? Otherwise, what? They would be would doing this too? I mean, God has given you a brain. Please learn to use it and do not rely on some SXX to tell you what to do.

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 pm OB53: Did I say FD was involved in this case? Read carefully.

Also, the excuse that SKQ was sidelined and did not have a voice is a weak and unconvincing one. One must question if these people have cynically exploited the situation to show they are holier-than-thou. Why make the anti-FGM announcement when there was chaos due to the Australian case and not before? Obviously, at least the timing is suspicious.
It is my understanding that STF reacted as soon as the petition was brought to him. The Australian case was ongoing during SKQ's illness so there was no action on it however STF released his FGM statement as a reaction to the petition as the first official order of business after chehlum of SKQ. knowing STF, I know it was a sincere response to the plea and plight of the women petitioning him. I have no reason to believe that his intention was anything beyond ending the practice among minors. His statement was made over a year ago. The Detroit case is less than a month old. So there is nothing suspicious about the timing.
Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 pm Now, don't get me wrong. I think STF is significantly better than the buffoon Muffy. But that is not saying much, is it? Muffy has set the bar so low that even a half-wit will be smarter. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand FGM is bad. Did FD people really need STF to say it was? Otherwise, what?
If you have to ask this question, you don't understand the nature of this practice. Highly educated women take their girls to be cut. Very few actually resist the social pressure of falling in line. A strong statement by a leader ends the centuries old practice instantly. MS could have done that too. If he had, people would not be in jail and families would not be broken up.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 am

Biradar wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 pm Did FD people really need STF to say it was? Otherwise, what? They would be would doing this too? I mean, God has given you a brain. Please learn to use it and do not rely on some SXX to tell you what to do.
The FD lady interviewed by al-Jazeera said she had resisted the pressure to get her daughter cut. However, from what I understand of the practice, a strong directive would be needed to reverse this centuries old practice among those more susceptible to social pressure. Social norms have a way of lasting for centuries - as is evident here :(

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am

The Supreme Court gets involved ..

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/Au1pn0 ... issue.html

Can anybody throw a light on how fast this can proceed in the Supreme court?

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 am

objectiveobserver53 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 11:51 pm

If you have to ask this question, you don't understand the nature of this practice. Highly educated women take their girls to be cut. Very few actually resist the social pressure of falling in line. A strong statement by a leader ends the centuries old practice instantly. MS could have done that too. If he had, people would not be in jail and families would not be broken up.
I agree. Dr. Jumana Nagarwala certainly is highly educated, very highly educated I would say: Medical degree from Johns Hopkins ... Need we say anything more?

But human beings can get so carried away in believing what their religious leader says, that they can get blinded and actually implement this practice on small girls.

Hence a strong statement from the top is the absolute minimum necessary. However, I am not sure if that is going to be enough. Then when the pressure is off, they may say "hikmat che" and other stuff. I personally believe the folks at the top have to pay a price, a significant price, for the message to be unequivocal, and stay that way. Just my 2 bit ..

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 am

Reformists I know are too shy and modest to seek glory about their decade long contribution to fight FGM . So much happens behind the scenes

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 am

Bohra spring wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 am Reformists I know are too shy and modest to seek glory about their decade long contribution to fight FGM . So much happens behind the scenes
There is no doubt that in this issue the reformists have had a long arduous journey and they had a commendable victory in Australia. Unfortunately for the believers, it is the word of the Syedna that carries weight. STF was able to end it in his community with one statement. MS could have done it too. What a waste of power. He instead chose to use his power to encourage the practice.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Tue May 09, 2017 12:21 pm

dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am The Supreme Court gets involved ..

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/Au1pn0 ... issue.html

Can anybody throw a light on how fast this can proceed in the Supreme court?
It won't progress too quickly. SC has already said it's a "sensitive" issue for obvious reasons as it pertains to a sect with the Muslim community.

First thing, the government of India has to reply. This can be delayed by vested interests. But IMO, the gvt won't be able to oppose the PIL. Like in the cast of Triple Talaq where it has taken a principled stand on the issue of rights, this case too will be backed by gvt as a case of rights and they will oppose FGM. India is part of UN conventions which has banned FGM. So the gvt cannot oppose FGM.

Kothari goons won't be able to oppose this as that wil make their lives difficult in the western world. The SC directive comes at a good time with the case in US.

Delays will be there but in the end, it will have to be banned especially as no other Muslim sect practices khatna.

This FGM issue has the potential to be the beginning of the end of the dynasty. 7th grader will be remembered for bringing about this downfall.

sugguma

Unread post by sugguma » Tue May 09, 2017 4:08 pm

:!: :?:
Last edited by sugguma on Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue May 09, 2017 6:28 pm

AgnosticIndian wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Delays will be there but in the end, it will have to be banned especially as no other Muslim sect practices khatna.

This FGM issue has the potential to be the beginning of the end of the dynasty. 7th grader will be remembered for bringing about this downfall.
One only hopes.

However, the history of the Indian SC is not very good. Justice Nathwani wrote an extensive report on atrocities perpetrated by the clergy. However, decades later things have only gotten worse. One thing is for sure. Mr. Muffy will only double down on his fanaticism. This is a good opportunity to expose his misogynistic rants, spread them widely so that he is further humiliated and his followers start questioning his false claims to be da'i. Obviously, his ridiculous behavior has clearly shown he is not capable of leading, leave alone guiding the community as a da'i.

Incidentally, as Humsafar reported, and we witnessed, some factions of the Progressives, in particular the chelas of the late Ahmed Ali Raj, have also shown themselves to be backward Taliban-like barbarians. Apparently, they love FGM and think it is perfectly fine thing to do. Best if these people join Muffy jamaat. After all, he is about as mad as they are, perhaps madder. That way all fanatics will be in one basket and we can then safely ignore their mad rantings.

Oh: Muffy Bohris should have a new competition: "Are YOU smarter than our Seventh Grader?" .... Scarp that. I guess everyone will win!

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Wed May 10, 2017 10:45 am

No this case is different. It's about human rights. The case is getting wide coverage. Life in prison for the doctors in US will give a further impetus.

Just like the Triple Talaq case, the gvt will have to answer against FGM. It should be called Crime Against Little Girls for that is what it is and it will have a bigger impact.

Yes I expect the 7th grader to get even even more regressive and oppressive. That will only make it worse for him.

His every sermon should be recorded and put up on social media. This guy will make it easier for those of us who want to save the girls from this practice.
Biradar wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:28 pm
AgnosticIndian wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:21 pm

One only hopes.

However, the history of the Indian SC is not very good. Justice Nathwani wrote an extensive report on atrocities perpetrated by the clergy. However, decades later things have only gotten worse. One thing is for sure. Mr. Muffy will only double down on his fanaticism. This is a good opportunity to expose his misogynistic rants, spread them widely so that he is further humiliated and his followers start questioning his false claims to be da'i. Obviously, his ridiculous behavior has clearly shown he is not capable of leading, leave alone guiding the community as a da'i.

Incidentally, as Humsafar reported, and we witnessed, some factions of the Progressives, in particular the chelas of the late Ahmed Ali Raj, have also shown themselves to be backward Taliban-like barbarians. Apparently, they love FGM and think it is perfectly fine thing to do. Best if these people join Muffy jamaat. After all, he is about as mad as they are, perhaps madder. That way all fanatics will be in one basket and we can then safely ignore their mad rantings.

Oh: Muffy Bohris should have a new competition: "Are YOU smarter than our Seventh Grader?" .... Scarp that. I guess everyone will win!

Reporter

Unread post by Reporter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am

Why is the Bohra high priest so ultra conservative and intolerant?

Attachments
2a169838-1e0c-437a-a0e2-f51c6140cda7.MP4
(8.83 MiB) Downloaded 525 times

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 am

Reporter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am Why is the Bohra high priest so ultra conservative and intolerant?

This sort of extremism should worry all Bohras. It has started to come in the media, and as more will come, it will not be good for the community.

Why this hatred for Christian (or any other secular) school? We go to Christian schools in India, many people had children born in Catholic maternity homes, we go to charity hospitals run by Christian missionaries when we get sick, and then we show this in-gratitude? Sad stuff, and even if we get away in this world, Allah will ask: Why this hatred for Christian schools? And why we all kept quite when such hatred was propagated?

In this world, Muslims are routinely asked that they do not clearly condemn ISIS, Taliban, and other extremist groups. We may also be asked: Why we did not disown this speech?

Many Bohras settle in countries that are secular, but are largely Christian countries (Australia, UK, Western Europe, USA, Canada, etc..), and we enjoy all the good things in those countries, and then we keep quiet when such hatred is propagated. I don't know many Bohra people who have settled in these countries who have become Christian.

The sooner that the community distances itself from this, better for the community. All of us can get hit by collateral damage from such angry bayaan.

I believe that it is just matter of time that such bayaans (and there are several such angry outbursts) will make it to authorities in the Western countries. And some of them (such as in a Trump-led USA) may ask the community: So if you hate Christians so much, why are you living in this country, go back to your country? It is a fair question.

And FD, liberal-bohras, everybody could get hit with collateral damage from such messages from the MS. I wonder what the community can do to clearly distance itself from such bayaans?

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 am
Reporter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am Why is the Bohra high priest so ultra conservative and intolerant?

This sort of extremism should worry all Bohras. It has started to come in the media, and as more will come, it will not be good for the community.

Why this hatred for Christian (or any other secular) school? We go to Christian schools in India, many people had children born in Catholic maternity homes, we go to charity hospitals run by Christian missionaries when we get sick, and then we show this in-gratitude? Sad stuff, and even if we get away in this world, Allah will ask: Why this hatred for Christian schools? And why we all kept quite when such hatred was propagated?

In this world, Muslims are routinely asked that they do not clearly condemn ISIS, Taliban, and other extremist groups. We may also be asked: Why we did not disown this speech?

Many Bohras settle in countries that are secular, but are largely Christian countries (Australia, UK, Western Europe, USA, Canada, etc..), and we enjoy all the good things in those countries, and then we keep quiet when such hatred is propagated. I don't know many Bohra people who have settled in these countries who have become Christian.

The sooner that the community distances itself from this, better for the community. All of us can get hit by collateral damage from such angry bayaan.

I believe that it is just matter of time that such bayaans (and there are several such angry outbursts) will make it to authorities in the Western countries. And some of them (such as in a Trump-led USA) may ask the community: So if you hate Christians so much, why are you living in this country, go back to your country? It is a fair question.

And FD, liberal-bohras, everybody could get hit with collateral damage from such messages from the MS. I wonder what the community can do to clearly distance itself from such bayaans?
The authorities in the USA are well aware of the difference between Fatemi Dawat and MS. No fear of confusion or. collateral damage :roll: :roll: