Waajebaat amounts

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Newbee

Waajebaat amounts

Unread post by Newbee » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:05 pm

I hope this does not sound like an impertinent question but anyone had the experience of being asked for unexpected amounts while paying waajebaat? I guess what what I'm driving is that is paying your zaakatul wajib sufficient without paying any other non-mandatory taxes? I belong to a small jamaat in the west and pressure is piling on to pay waajebaat before the 23rd. I have been a waajebaat dodger the last three years. I just felt like I did not want to pay anything to SMS run dawat and also a sense of distance I've developed to the community for various reasons. I am not averse to paying waajebaat it's just who I pay it to. I'd rather pay it to FD or give it directly to the poor and needy which I've done in the past. However, this year I'm getting a lot of pressure to pay up.... family and jamaat pressure. Not under the radar anymore so I'll have to do the deed to the jamaat. Therefore curious to see if they ask for crazy amounts.

kimanumanu

Re: Waajebaat amounts

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:35 pm

No one should force you to pay any amount. Decide how much you need to pay and state that as your final amount. Don't get into negotiations as this is not something to negotiate if you truly understand what zakaat means. If you need to understand how to calculate the amount then use this as reference: http://www.fatemidawat.com/resources/vajebaat/

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:34 pm

This topic is an annual event on this site. SMS and SQS are heads (or Dais, if you prefer) of a "unique" sect of Shias who decide the various amounts levied on Jamaat members. Amils, at times under pressure from Kothar and also for selfish reasons, collect as much Wajebaat as possible. Allah forbid if one tries to negotiate or argue as to affordability, reasons of increase, loss of employment or economic downturn. Another source of pressure is the deadline (Lailletul Qadr) by which Wajebaat must be paid in full to achieve 100% barakat. How they arrive at the monies for various dues, like Zakaat, Khums, etc. is a moot point. There are many transgressions and deviations that SMS and SQS have initiated; which we are all aware of. There is no doubt much displeasure is displayed by Bohras against such situations but eventually they end up toeing the line. There is a system in place, however autocratic, but it works for Kothar and Bohras. Countless people, me included, have quietly withdrawn from the community rather than rave on this forum and others. There is a comical phrase that North Americans use in such situation which goes: "Either do the shit or get off the pot".

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Mkenya wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:34 pm This topic is an annual event on this site. SMS and SQS are heads (or Dais, if you prefer) of a "unique" sect of Shias who decide the various amounts levied on Jamaat members. Amils, at times under pressure from Kothar and also for selfish reasons, collect as much Wajebaat as possible. Allah forbid if one tries to negotiate or argue as to affordability, reasons of increase, loss of employment or economic downturn. Another source of pressure is the deadline (Lailletul Qadr) by which Wajebaat must be paid in full to achieve 100% barakat. How they arrive at the monies for various dues, like Zakaat, Khums, etc. is a moot point. There are many transgressions and deviations that SMS and SQS have initiated; which we are all aware of. There is no doubt much displeasure is displayed by Bohras against such situations but eventually they end up toeing the line. There is a system in place, however autocratic, but it works for Kothar and Bohras. Countless people, me included, have quietly withdrawn from the community rather than rave on this forum and others. There is a comical phrase that North Americans use in such situation which goes: "Either do the shit or get off the pot".
MKenya you are much mistaken about waajebaat in Fatemi Dawat. There is no pressure and most people calculate online and send a check in. There is no negotiation, pressure or human interaction of any kind.

Newbee

Unread post by Newbee » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks km for your answer. This resource from FD is useful. What I don't want to do is to get into business-like negotiations with an aamil and pay what I feel I ought to pay as per the tenets of my faith.

Mkenya uncle, sadly I am one of those displeased pseudo bohras who'll have to toe the line on this occasion. I know this topic has been discussed on this forum ad infinitum. I feel different people have different reasons why they are still paying members of this community. There are those who are in it out of sheer belief. Others who are so insidiously brainwashed such that they cannot see the right from wrong with what's happening in the current daawat. I have a few of the latter in my immediate family. People who I love but they are so entrenched in their beliefs and who lack any form of lateral thinking. Then there are others who are displeased but they need to belong to a club so they pay up and stay put. Yet others want to break free but family ties make it impossible to do so. So they have to toe the line in some very basic areas. I am in this category.

Hats off to you for having the gumption to withdraw from the community if that is what you deem as best for you. I am sure there are examples of people on this forum who arrived at different decisions based on their convictions. You withdrew, some people left to join FD, perhaps others became mainstream muslims and some may bacome so fed up with religion altogether they have become agnostics or atheists. For me, I hardly attend or partake in community functions, I don't ask for raza for anything, my husband is a non-bohra muslim, I don't feel like I need to be buried in a bohra qabrastan etc. Why, you may ask, do I have to pay up waajebaat to them this year? It will make my life easier (and my purse lighter).

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 am

Newbee wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:59 pm Thanks km for your answer. This resource from FD is useful. What I don't want to do is to get into business-like negotiations with an aamil and pay what I feel I ought to pay as per the tenets of my faith.

Mkenya uncle, sadly I am one of those displeased pseudo bohras who'll have to toe the line on this occasion. I know this topic has been discussed on this forum ad infinitum. I feel different people have different reasons why they are still paying members of this community. There are those who are in it out of sheer belief. Others who are so insidiously brainwashed such that they cannot see the right from wrong with what's happening in the current daawat. I have a few of the latter in my immediate family. People who I love but they are so entrenched in their beliefs and who lack any form of lateral thinking. Then there are others who are displeased but they need to belong to a club so they pay up and stay put. Yet others want to break free but family ties make it impossible to do so. So they have to toe the line in some very basic areas. I am in this category.

Hats off to you for having the gumption to withdraw from the community if that is what you deem as best for you. I am sure there are examples of people on this forum who arrived at different decisions based on their convictions. You withdrew, some people left to join FD, perhaps others became mainstream muslims and some may bacome so fed up with religion altogether they have become agnostics or atheists. For me, I hardly attend or partake in community functions, I don't ask for raza for anything, my husband is a non-bohra muslim, I don't feel like I need to be buried in a bohra qabrastan etc. Why, you may ask, do I have to pay up waajebaat to them this year? It will make my life easier (and my purse lighter).
They may put pressure; most likely they will. But if you stand firm and stand your ground (including, if necessary, walk away), they may eventually accept. Just go with an amount in mind and don't budge. I hope that helps. Then, if it is a small amount more to come to an agreement amicably, okay, be amendable to it. I hope that this helps.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Karachi wajebat slaughter house is one of the worse kinds. Let alone negotiations, they even expect widows or unemployed to pay in lacs. At least widowers who are on fixed income and single women with small children with no husband or any bread winner should be given a break. Wonder what happens to all the money collected if the kothar cannot even support the widows, the poor and needy of this community.
It is pathetic these goons of the kothar demanding huge sabils from the widows, single women with children and unemployed persons of the community. One wonders if this is really a religion believing in Allah and judgement day.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:27 pm

ajamali: I stand corrected. And that is quite a relief for the followers SQS. May be because it is a recent offshoot and wants to tread lightly lest its clan might feel like: "Ul mathi chul ma".

think

Unread post by think » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am

Good, agreed there is no negotiating and checks come in the mail or by credit card, but the big question is how this money is spent. Is there as team effort utilizing these funds to take care of the poor and needy of our society? Is there any orphanage in the bohri community world wide? Is there any shelter for the down stricken in life? The other day there was an article about a bohri family with three school age girls , whereby the only bread earner lost his job. Can his pleas be heard by the goons of this community? and many more such heart throbbing cases. Does Muffy mafia lend a ear to such deplorable dilemas of its citizens ? Muffy's goons have been collecting wajebaats every year from this family and now the family is crying for help from the bohri mumineen. where is Muffy and his gang of thieves ?or do they only fly in private planes and go hunting at the expense of these poor folks?.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 am

Can anyone from UK highlight "Dawat -E- Haadiyah UK Trust" Who hold the cheque book for this account. I have heard along the grapevine. Each shezada, Shezadis have personal bank accounts and each accounts amount to 100 Crore ++ in each account. Saifee Mahal has Faucets and shower heads of pure gold and curtains with Gold trimmings. Top class Rajasthan Marbles floorings with each rooms air-conditioned. More servants in the household then family members. And not to mention overseas investments and properties. Can someone confirm all this information with pictures would be nice

Newbee

Unread post by Newbee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank you dcp. Standing firm and unwavering is key. I was surprised I didn't have to negotiate though I was "sold" other stuff which was kerching kerching $$$ for them. I think it was beginners luck so I was let off lightly or what I gave was deemed as enough. It must be the former. Tread lightly with the new cash cows to keep them tethered and available for further milking in the future. That's the sense I'm getting. I see some people making their own accommodations on how they want to give zakaat and they seem content as they can see how their zakaat is actually helping poor and needy. With waajebaat, one does not see any tangible effects of any poor or needy being helped by that money. It is a case of out of your purse and into the personal wallet of kothar gatekeepers. I can't be sure but I feel that within FD it's different? I hope they use waajebaat for it's intended purpose.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:28 pm

allbird wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 am Can anyone from UK highlight "Dawat -E- Haadiyah UK Trust" Who hold the cheque book for this account. I have heard along the grapevine. Each shezada, Shezadis have personal bank accounts and each accounts amount to 100 Crore ++ in each account. Saifee Mahal has Faucets and shower heads of pure gold and curtains with Gold trimmings. Top class Rajasthan Marbles floorings with each rooms air-conditioned. More servants in the household then family members. And not to mention overseas investments and properties. Can someone confirm all this information with pictures would be nice
You can look up their official annual filings with the UK Charity Commission here: http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/ch ... gid=294807

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:21 am

kimanumanu wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:28 pm
allbird wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 am Can anyone from UK highlight "Dawat -E- Haadiyah UK Trust" Who hold the cheque book for this account. I have heard along the grapevine. Each shezada, Shezadis have personal bank accounts and each accounts amount to 100 Crore ++ in each account. Saifee Mahal has Faucets and shower heads of pure gold and curtains with Gold trimmings. Top class Rajasthan Marbles floorings with each rooms air-conditioned. More servants in the household then family members. And not to mention overseas investments and properties. Can someone confirm all this information with pictures would be nice
You can look up their official annual filings with the UK Charity Commission here: http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/ch ... gid=294807
Sukran Bhai kimanumamu for this link. I think this looks good, but you can clearly see that there is Israafi in Wajebaat accounts. Just one example
2015 2014

Repairs and maintenance £401,638 229,607

So much pounds spent in Repairs so in total £ 631,245 .. Half a million pounds in REpairs and maintenance. What are they maintaining Buckingham palace ??

these figures are definitely rigged, 5 million collected from UK, Australia and Singapore ONLY so where does $$ go which collected from US, Europe, Africa and Asia goes. There is a big time bungle going on, these is just of showroom figures the warehouse storage must be somewhere else. How to they Siphon so much money and where do they hide ? QJ is one smart cookie that's for sure.

think

Unread post by think » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 pm

an audit will certainly help. and what about the cash recieved as najwas.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:49 am

Najwas bhi Uska aur Wajebaat bhi Uska. Winner all the way